Purple Punch DWC

Good question on the Stout MSA . I thought it was abundant in soil . Last six grows with it . This is the first with Stout MSA. Was using protekt but after three days it turned to a gel in the reservoir, muck . I’m going to change again but it’s in the other grow room, my ticker still works good but my brain is lacking behind or I could tell you what it is .
Last question @InTheShed help ?
He sure did. Dude's a peach. He was actually driving and on his way home and probably in the middle of a hundred things when he took the time anyway and helped me out. We had a several post discussion and I settled on a course of action.

I use Grow Genius 40% msa and apply once a week in veg at 2 drops per gallon. Since I started doing that my stems are super strong. I also get much more frost, I think cuz of it's ability to facilitate nutrient transport more effectively.

He sure did. Dude's a peach. He was actually driving and on his way home and probably in the middle of a hundred things when he took the time anyway and helped me out. We had a several post discussion and I settled on a course of action.

I use Grow Genius 40% msa and apply once a week in veg at 2 drops per gallon. Since I started doing that my stems are super strong. I also get much more frost, I think cuz of it's ability to facilitate nutrient transport more effectively.
I started with 5 mL a gallon and tapered down to 3 mL a gallon and still there . These girls are devouring the nutrients more than I’ve ever seen and not quitting . No net on this one I may regret yet .

After a lot of reading it appears it would take an 8 to 9 week grow to 10-11 weeks. But if the return is a possible 40% increase in yield ,. I’m seeing another three weeks on these girls but Otrera looks behind the other two!
Here is a link
Thanks WH! I'm beginning to understand this. You are giving the plant a lot more light by going over the 12 hour light schedule (more bud growth) while still giving it the 12 hours of dark needed to stay in flower.

This would have a similar effect to Rider509's use of far red pucks that put his plants to sleep faster, allowing him to run 14/10 all through flower.
Sugar production is in progress!!
:yahoo:
And what do you think the benefit is to using it in bud?
Good question on the Stout MSA . I thought it was abundant in soil . Last six grows with it . This is the first with Stout MSA. Was using protekt but after three days it turned to a gel in the reservoir, muck . I’m going to change again but it’s in the other grow room, my ticker still works good but my brain is lacking behind or I could tell you what it is .
Last question @InTheShed help ?
I back it down a bit in flower (I probably wouldn't if it was cheap, but I am), but the benefits of Si don't go away in flower. It ain't just stronger stems. As MrSauga says:
Silica is used from start to finish to increase the cell wall size and to allow better transport of nutrients.
Can't see any reason you wouldn't want that in flower!
I also get much more frost, I think cuz of it's ability to facilitate nutrient transport more effectively.
Oh wait, you already answered your own question. :)

11/04/21 day 70/39
As usual kicking it in the A the tds has slowed lightly and that’s okay. No changes today thank goodness. Otrera tomorrow!

Myrina
TDS 756 ppm was 852 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.6
Water level down 3/4 gallon Falling
Ph 5.5 was 5.6 Falling adjusted to 6.1

Thalestris
TDS 661 ppm was 765 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.6
Water level down 1 gallon Falling
Ph 5.5 was 5.7 Falling adjusted to 6.0

Otrera
TDS 394 ppm was 463 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.9
Ph 6.1 was 6.0 Rising :adore:
Canopy temp 77.8 knew it would be I’m sweating in here !
Room temp 79.4 was higher I have the window open .
Room Rh 46.3 was 45 when I walked in .
Outside temp 49@10:30 am
Outside Rh 75%
This is the blend of Otrera’s light

Myrina's got a bit of the curls so keep an eye on that!
I did what you suggested and a wash rag with my klines she made a crunch . She stopped there . It’s the only one top at 15” from the light .

11/05/21 day 71/40
Changed Otrera’s bucket out she swept the the nutrients on her own . She has a light that’s a sixth of the P4000 is the only difference. .
Myrina
TDS 661 ppm was 756 ppm Falling
Water temp 72.5
Ph 5.5 was 6.1 Falling adjusted to 6.0

Thalestris
TDS 554 ppm was 661
Water temp 72.5
Ph 5.5 was 6.0 Falling adjusted to 6.0

Otrera’s old bucket
TDS 345 ppm was 394 ppm Falling
Water temp 72.5
Ph 6.2 was 6.1 Rising
Otrera’s Fresh bucket
TDS 1106 18 grams nutrients 15 mL MSA 5 mL calmag
Water temp 70.5
Water level 3 gallons ro
Ph 5.4

11/06/21 day 72/41
Still looks like I need to take a week off these girls in flower. They were getting a talk to every night for a week before we caught her sneaking in not knowing what she was doing !
Myrina
TDS 569 ppm was 661 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Ph 5.6 was 6.0 Falling adjusted to 6.3

Thalestris
TDS 470 ppm was 550 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.2
Water level down 3/4
Ph 5.8 was 6.0 do nothing

Otrera
TDS 919 ppm was 1106 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Water level down 3/4
Ph 5.9 was 5.5 Rising

Support Your Local Fire Department
Just got a text BBQ is ready Brian come get me fixing to start walking that way .

11/06/21 day 72/41
Still looks like I need to take a week off these girls in flower. They were getting a talk to every night for a week before we caught her sneaking in not knowing what she was doing !
Myrina
TDS 569 ppm was 661 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Ph 5.6 was 6.0 Falling adjusted to 6.3

Thalestris
TDS 470 ppm was 550 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.2
Water level down 3/4
Ph 5.8 was 6.0 do nothing

Otrera
TDS 919 ppm was 1106 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Water level down 3/4
Ph 5.9 was 5.5 Rising

Support Your Local Fire Department
Just got a text BBQ is ready Brian come get me fixing to start walking that way .
Brian get him, it's cold out!! Hurry!! Lol

11/08/21 day 74/43
Myrina
TDS 362 ppm was 452 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.2
Ph 6.3 was 6.2 Rising

Thalestris
TDS 343 ppm was 400 ppm Falling
Water temp 73
Ph 6.0 was 6.2 Falling

Otrera
TDS 644 ppm was 758 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Ph 5.6 was 6.0 Falling adjusted to 6.0

11/09/21 day 74/43
This sponsors grow isn’t wasting any time bulking up the tops ! Funny is that I just backed off a little with the calmag and it’s holding out quite well. I backed the cheap nutrients to 6 grams a gallon still at 5 mL a gallon of MSA,2.25 mL calmag.
Myrina’s old bucket
TDS 268 ppm was 362 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Ph 63 Static
Myrina’s fresh bucket
TDS 1102 ppm
Water temp 72.4
Water level 3 gallons of ro
Ph was 5.3 adjusted to 5.8 got to try whole grow I let them start at 5.3

Thalestris old bucket
TDS 249 ppm was 343 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Ph 6.2 was 6.0 Rising
Thalestris fresh bucket
TDS 1096 ppm
Water temp 72.4
Water level 3 gallons of ro
Ph was 5.3 adjusted to 5.8

Otrera
TDS 484 ppm was 644 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Water level down 7/8 gallon Falling
Ph 5.8 was 6.0 after the adjustment Falling

I'm still keeping an eye on (now) all those upper leaves with the edges curled. And this:
TDS 268 ppm was 362 ppm
is practically my tap water!

Nice nute bump. :)
:morenutes:

Also, this is why you take pics clothed with mylar walls:
full

I'm still keeping an eye on (now) all those upper leaves with the edges curled. And this:

is practically my tap water!

Nice nute bump. :)
:morenutes:

Also, this is why you take pics clothed with mylar walls:
full
The tallest top I folded her two days in a row stood right back up , is it the MSA? Hey I’ve been trying to stay above 400 ppm but these are some hungry girls.
I try dodging the Mylar in pics sometimes I miss . Look at Otrera the sugar load on that top that’s 8” away, like the dosidos even the lowers I hate to move it up , the V600 . The P4000 is still 18” on all but that one top that refuses to lay down.

3A17862E-565B-4C17-8B4B-FC2968D0685F.jpeg

The tallest top I folded her two days in a row stood right back up , is it the MSA? Hey I’ve been trying to stay above 400 ppm but these are some hungry girls.
I try dodging the Mylar in pics sometimes I miss . Look at Otrera the sugar load on that top that’s 8” away, like the dosidos even the lowers I hate to move it up , the V600 . The P4000 is still 18” on all but that one top that refuses to lay down.

3A17862E-565B-4C17-8B4B-FC2968D0685F.jpeg
Awesome grow. I betcha it is the MSA. I have the same thing with my photos I used them on. Maybe not quite as pronounced as yours. I see it as the inevitable trade off for the strength and nute carrying benefits of the product, and it is something to be planned for in training I have now learned. I also discontinue using it once I flip, as the Grow Genius 40% stuff I use suggests that's a better course of action. Maybe that would give you more "stay the hell down," lol. Did you use it in flower?

11/10/21 day 76/45 missed a day somewhere in here .

Myrina
TDS 854 ppm was 1102 ppm Falling
Water temp 74.5
Water level down 1/2 gallon Falling
Ph 5.9 was 5.8 Rising
As always the solids must settle to the bottom from a first day change , but the roots are packed tight on the bottom with the air in the center! Then it will give a balanced tds uptake daily!

Thalestris
TDS 844 ppm was 1096 ppm Falling
Water temp 74.0
Ph 5.9 was 5.8 Rising

Otrera’s
TDS 431 ppm was 484 ppm Falling
Water temp 74.1
Ph 5.9 was 5.8 wow Rises

11/10/21 day 76/45 missed a day somewhere in here .

Myrina
TDS 854 ppm was 1102 ppm Falling
Water temp 74.5
Water level down 1/2 gallon Falling
Ph 5.9 was 5.8 Rising
As always the solids must settle to the bottom from a first day change , but the roots are packed tight on the bottom with the air in the center! Then it will give a balanced tds uptake daily!

Thalestris
TDS 844 ppm was 1096 ppm Falling
Water temp 74.0
Ph 5.9 was 5.8 Rising

Otrera’s
TDS 431 ppm was 484 ppm Falling
Water temp 74.1
Ph 5.9 was 5.8 wow Rises

It happens...I don't know how you keep track cause I sure as hell can't...they look amaze balls!!!!

Awesome grow. I betcha it is the MSA. I have the same thing with my photos I used them on. Maybe not quite as pronounced as yours. I see it as the inevitable trade off for the strength and nute carrying benefits of the product, and it is something to be planned for in training I have now learned. I also discontinue using it once I flip, as the Grow Genius 40% stuff I use suggests that's a better course of action. Maybe that would give you more "stay the hell down," lol. Did you use it in flower?
I’m still using Stout MSA , I bought Dutch pro to try next grow . I would have tied it down but too lazy to put the net up . If these long stem fans would quit popping out I believe the girls would be more photogenic .

The tallest top I folded her two days in a row stood right back up
that one top that refuses to lay down.
I would have tied it down but too lazy to put the net up
There are a lot of choices between tying it down and putting the net up! I recommend (over and over) binder clips to keep supercrops from popping back up. The stronger the stem, the bigger/more clips needed!

Here, from this morning, a pic taken just for you. It's a piece of pipe cleaner hung over the branch with two clips attached:
20211110_093046 binder.jpg

I ran out of big clips so I'll grab some from the office this afternoon. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom