Purple Punch DWC

Is this (Droughting) something that is mainly for Hydro or will it also work on a dirt grow?

I must go back and re read when I'm not so stoned :rofl: I swore this was a hydro thing. :hmmmm:
No it couldn’t be done in hydro, that’s why I had to drop out . It’s about time for a dosidos so it can go ahead and put me down. Have a great night y’all.

As far as I’m aware (and there was a professorial commercial agriculture boffin on a recent podcast - I’ll try and find it and edit a link here) there is no current research suggesting that methyl jasmonate is safe to use in this way. Combusting chemical residues is something you will do experimentally at your own risk.
You should probably let Maritimer know about that over in his thread on the subject!

10/28/21 day 63/32
Gonna make this a little quick

Myrina
TDS 729 ppm was 858 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.2
Water level down 5/8 gallon Falling
Ph 6.0 was 5.8 Rising slow down

Thalestris
TDS 752 ppm was 873 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.2
Water level down 3/4 gallon Falling
Ph 6.0 was 5.8

Otrera old bucket
TDS 385 ppm was 493 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Ph 6.2 trigger change bucket
Otrera fresh bucket
TDS 1080 no big bud 18 grams nutrients
15 ml MSA 12 ml calmag

Dr Jim Barrett

Bookmarked! Thank you for sharing that. Incredible bunch of knowledge in that podcast, I was especially interested when he talked about alternatives to silver for making fem seeds

I'm going to have to listen to this several times.

10/29/21 day 64/33
Myrina
TDS 664 ppm was 729 ppm Falling
Water temp 72.3
Water level down 3/4 gallon
Ph 6.1 was 6.0 Rising

Thalestris
TDS 700 ppm was 752 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.1
Ph 6.1 was 6.0 Rising

Otrera
TDS 949 ppm was 1080 ppm Falling
Water temp 72.3
Ph 5.8 was 5.3 Rising

These girls look great , I have a bunch of help show up going to take advantage of it .

10/27/21 day 62/31
Going to have to take this ph pen and check calibration . The girls dropped a point in the ph , can’t tell exactly where it is with the drop test but looked good.

Myrina
TDS 858 ppm was 1080 ppm Falling
Water temp 75.6 bs
Ph 5.8 was 5.9 ? Wrong way

Thalestris
TDS 873 ppm was 1002 ppm Falling
Water temp 76.1 bs
Water level down 1 gallon Falling
Ph 5.8 was 5.9 ? Wrong Way

Otrera now she’s behaving
TDS 493 ppm was 572 ppm Falling
Water temp 75.9 bs
Water level down 3/4 gallon Falling 1st time using that much .
Ph 6.0 was 5.8 Rising

WOW wowowwow as always man. Just so gorgeous. I have a question for you - you obviously watch your Ph level religiously. I'm in process of researching non soil growing and working with some folks on here with it, but my question for you is, do you really notice, besides on the pen, a .1 Ph drop or add? Or even .2? Like, would you see it on the plants if it was .1 or .2 higher or lower than your target if it was that way a while?

Yes ph is very important in hydro.1-.2 I look for the rise at .1-.2 daily. I was conditioned by nutrient co. Start at 5.5 and when I get to 6.2 a complete
Damn it . Hit the post button again. A complete sweep through the nutrients. Once I hit 6.2 time for a bucket change . But never a drop in ph indicates a problem coming ! .1 daily rise your plants show you how happy!

Hey there @West Hippie ! Question for you. I’ve been running empty buckets for the last week until my seeds break ground (if the ever do) just to keep an eye on my tent temps, RH, res temp, PPM, and ph. Up until today I’ve just been taking a small sample from each res and dropping my pens in that for the readings. Today - out of simple morbid curiosity, I also put each pen in each bucket and found that the ph was almost 1.0 lower in the actual bucket than in the sample!

I’m assuming I should be taking my readings directly from the bucket - yes?

10/31/21 day 66/35
Happy with how these girls made it , all happy themselves . For having only 3 gallons from the start , hungry and thirsty and still look great . I have to change there buckets out as you’ll see I’ve never let them get under 200 ppm before a change . I’ll get the numbers for the fresh bucket later .
Myrina
TDS 197 ppm was 664 ppm Falling
Water temp 70.9
Water level down 2-1/2 gallons Falling
Ph 6.4 was 6.1 Rising

Thalestris
TDS 188 ppm was 700 ppm Falling
Water temp 71.0
Water level down 2-3/4 gallons Falling
Ph 6.5 was 6.1 Rising
I still don’t see how they did it . I do see a problem coming that will get fixed with the nutrients change .

Otrera
TDS 633 ppm was 841 ppm Falling
Water temp 71.1
Water level down 1-3/4 gallons Falling
Ph 6.0 was 5.8 Rising
As sun as I finish the grow spot for this girl we’ll get started on the 21 hours and 36 minutes/12 off .

Hey there @West Hippie ! Question for you. I’ve been running empty buckets for the last week until my seeds break ground (if the ever do) just to keep an eye on my tent temps, RH, res temp, PPM, and ph. Up until today I’ve just been taking a small sample from each res and dropping my pens in that for the readings. Today - out of simple morbid curiosity, I also put each pen in each bucket and found that the ph was almost 1.0 lower in the actual bucket than in the sample!

I’m assuming I should be taking my readings directly from the bucket - yes?
DWC I always get a sample. Temperature also causes slight ph change . Do you have the hydro bible from @Rexer thread ? Are you sure it was .1 and not 1.0 ?

DWC I always get a sample. Temperature also causes slight ph change . Do you have the hydro bible from @Rexer thread ? Are you sure it was .1 and not 1.0 ?
Positve - the sample was 6.3 ph and the bucket was 5.4 ph (ok - not w WHOLE point, but you get my gist) … same in the other bucket. Temps in both were 66

And yup - I’ve also been picking @Rexer ’s brains and reading his stuff (lots of it!)

Positve - the sample was 6.3 ph and the bucket was 5.4 ph (ok - not w WHOLE point, but you get my gist) … same in the other bucket. Temps in both were 66
Wow that’s scary I haven’t ever saw that . My 20 gallon reservoir I put the pens in because I was use to my blue lab (another bad probe) plus lazy and on the sample it’s always the same . I’m sorry but you’ve got me on that one !

Wow that’s scary I haven’t ever saw that . My 20 gallon reservoir I put the pens in because I was use to my blue lab (another bad probe) plus lazy and on the sample it’s always the same . I’m sorry but you’ve got me on that one !
Yeah - makes me wonder for when my little gals go in! At least I realized this *now* and not later! I’ll use my bluelabs pens IN the buckets from here on out - I think I’ll feel safer :)

Back
Top Bottom