Quest for mold-resistant strains, Hawaii outdoor greenhouse grow

Blueberry muffin seems like a winner winner after see this I may get some of them and some hibiscus
Then I read up and see it’s noway
No
Way
Bb muff my mrs fave is blueberry
And my fave I am growing now bloody z skittles no way

This is a cross of both!!! Bloody from muffin and z skittle it must be heavy yielder too right ? Am ordering now man you are a ledgend

Pulled a chair up and subbed man I’m off to read

3818A160-B089-4CAF-8074-A27B091A453F.png

Blueberry muffin seems like a winner winner after see this I may get some of them and some hibiscus
Then I read up and see it’s noway
No
Way
Bb muff my mrs fave is blueberry
And my fave I am growing now bloody z skittles no way

This is a cross of both!!! Bloody from muffin and z skittle it must be heavy yielder too right ? Am ordering now man you are a ledgend

Pulled a chair up and subbed man I’m off to read
About yield, etc., I answered in your thread HERE.

The dominant terpenes in HI-BISCUS are terpinolene, myrcene, and pinene.

I tried to figure out how HI-BISCUS wound up terpinolene-dominant... couldn't figure it out as yet, but I'm quite certain this is what brings the super high bud rot resistance. I think both myrcene and pinene are involved as well. I also think that high resin production and high terpene production at harvest are crucial. HI-BISCUS was very stinky at harvest time – skunky and sweet.

Greetings Growmies!

Here's an update with photos from my veg house and flower house taken yesterday...

Tall one is White Widow from seed in a 7 gal. pot. She's about 4 ft 9 in tall. Almost ready to flower.
veghouse1.jpg

Grape Ape clone in 15 gal, coming along.
grape_ape1.jpg

Two HI-BISCUS clones, one in 15 gal, one in 7 gal – will be interesting to see any difference in outcome. This is my best strain for bud rot resistance – zero bud rot! That's saying a lot, given I'm growing in a wet, warm, tropical paradise for mold and fungus.
HI-BISCUS1.jpg

A couple of recently planted clones in 7 gal pots: Blueberry in the back and Humboldt Dream in the front. They were a bit stunted from being in 1 gal pots for too long, so they will be greening up. HD is my 2nd best plant for bud rot resistance.
clones1.jpg

Young clones in 1 gal pots. Bottom one is a White Widow top cutting, fairly fresh from the dome and will be greening up. Above WW is Green Mountain Grape sativa, green pheno. Far left pale green ones were in 1 gal pots for too long, and I just recently took cuttings, to re-clone. While I'm waiting for the clones to take, I keep the moms around.
clones2.jpg

More young clones getting started. The three lower ones are my beloved #18 CBD pheno.
clones3.jpg

In the flower house, this is a DBL CBG in 15 gal. that succumbed to septoria leaf spot, and possibly a calcium deficiency/lockout, and also premature senescence (stopped drinking). I don't know why she was hit so hard, but I decided to chop her today. The last DBL CBG that I grew also wasn't happy, which is why I grew this one in 15 gal. I've got another one started in a 7 gal. pot in the veg house... we'll see how it goes.
DBL_CBG1.jpg

DBL CBG dying from septoria leaf spot.
DBL_CBG2.jpg

Blueberry clone in 15 gal, in flower, right next to the DBL CBG. Very healthy with only a touch of septoria, which I pluck off. I gave her a blast of peroxide solution today.
blueberry1.jpg

Closer view of the Blueberry clone, in a homemade 15 gal. fabric pot. This one is almost a coir grow... my recycled soil mix had a bit too much coir in it. She's done just fine and is still drinking. I've been adding DTE micronized fish bone powder in the fertigation, for phosphorous and calcium.
blueberry2.jpg

:ciao:

About yield, etc., I answered in your thread HERE.

The dominant terpenes in HI-BISCUS are terpinolene, myrcene, and pinene.

I tried to figure out how HI-BISCUS wound up terpinolene-dominant... couldn't figure it out as yet, but I'm quite certain this is what brings the super high bud rot resistance. I think both myrcene and pinene are involved as well. I also think that high resin production and high terpene production at harvest are crucial. HI-BISCUS was very stinky at harvest time – skunky and sweet.
Yeah defo ,I’ve been trying to get somthing that isn’t mycrene or limoline dominant as they book me out This world in seconds , the sativa like dominated high wake me up is what I really need so il do hibiscus but looking for another wake-up I think dream queen terp

Yeah defo ,I’ve been trying to get somthing that isn’t mycrene or limoline dominant as they book me out This world in seconds , the sativa like dominated high wake me up is what I really need so il do hibiscus but looking for another wake-up I think dream queen terp
For me, HI-BISCUS gives a clear-headed high... indica body high, but energizing as well.

For me, HI-BISCUS gives a clear-headed high... indica body high, but energizing as well.
I would like to grow HiBiscus after looking into it a bit. More for it's terp profile than mold resistance. I usually get my seeds from Seedsman but they are out of stock and it looks as if when they are in stock, they only come in packs of ten. I only need four or five. Have you seen them in smaller packs from anybody that will ship to the U.S.?

I would like to grow HiBiscus after looking into it a bit. More for it's terp profile than mold resistance. I usually get my seeds from Seedsman but they are out of stock and it looks as if when they are in stock, they only come in packs of ten. I only need four or five. Have you seen them in smaller packs from anybody that will ship to the U.S.?
CoffeeShop's got 'em. Dunno how much I trust that seller. North Atlantic's got a 5-pack.

Update on the Blueberry... Today I noticed a little bit of bud rot in the early stages, and I snipped it out. I also gave her a heavy spray of peroxide solution. I may need to harvest early, on Thursday, to avoid rapid-onset bud rot.

Here's some trichome shots. Forecast: Clear and partially cloudy with a slight chance of amber.

blueberry_trichomes1.jpg

blueberry_trichomes2.jpg

blueberry_trichomes3.jpg

:420:

Update #2 on the Blueberry... I harvested on Thursday and got 2 large paper shopping bags full of bud-laden stems – one uppers, one lowers. Trimmed the uppers with ease on Thurs. night. Very little bud rot on the uppers. Friday night trim of the lowers was a bust... just too much buggy larfy stuff with start of bud rot riddled through all of it.

Lesson: In the future, with a plant like Blueberry that's not particularly bud rot resistant, I'm going to lollipop early in flower... skip the lowers altogether.

Update #2 on the Blueberry... I harvested on Thursday and got 2 large paper shopping bags full of bud-laden stems – one uppers, one lowers. Trimmed the uppers with ease on Thurs. night. Very little bud rot on the uppers. Friday night trim of the lowers was a bust... just too much buggy larfy stuff with start of bud rot riddled through all of it.

Lesson: In the future, with a plant like Blueberry that's not particularly bud rot resistant, I'm going to lollipop early in flower... skip the lowers altogether.
Why blue berry was that ?

I asked on insta hsc and they reccomended any blue strain as rot resistance with their fast flowering !! So I am shocked
The dudes reccomend the cupcake and pancakes to me for yield and reaistant

Apparently the big foot blue is very resistant to rotting like will not rot ever and dream queen they say is well held up

I ordered cupcake pancake for my grow so I hope your find isn’t in stone

Why blue berry was that ?
This Blueberry I just harvested was a Seedsman freebie. I have clones and started another one.

I asked on insta hsc and they reccomended any blue strain as rot resistance with their fast flowering !! So I am shocked
The dudes reccomend the cupcake and pancakes to me for yield and reaistant

Apparently the big foot blue is very resistant to rotting like will not rot ever and dream queen they say is well held up

I ordered cupcake pancake for my grow so I hope your find isn’t in stone
I think HSC is talking about Blue Dream when they are referring to blue strains. Blue Dream is a cross of Blueberry and Haze, and Blue Dream is in fact part of the formula for Humboldt Dream, in addition to Purple Panty Dropper. On the other hand, HSC's Blueberry Muffin for example isn't directly a cross of Blueberry – in fact, I'm having a hard time finding any Blueberry in the lineage. Blueberry Muffin is a cross of Purple Panty Dropper and Razzleberry. As far as I can tell, Razzleberry is a Kush – no Blueberry there. Purple Panty Dropper is a magical one, though, and although I can't find any Blueberry in the lineage, I can confirm that Humboldt Dream is fairly bud rot resistant, and I'm guessing that comes from the Matanuska Mist (Mint). The star of my show is HSC's HI-BISCUS, which is Blueberry Muffin x Zkittlez. I think the strong terpinolene in HI-BISCUS comes from the Zkittlez lineage, with Mendo Purps somewhere in there, and sativa genetics. I think terpinolene is usually associated with sativas, and along with pinene and others is my guess for the super bud rot resistance.

In my mind, if you are trying to find super bud rot resistant strains, the bottom line is to look for a breeder who is experienced and breeding specifically to establish stable seed lines that carry this trait. HSC has succeeded. Another company I hear good things about is Twenty20, and I am considering trying out their Trainwreck.

This Blueberry I just harvested was a Seedsman freebie. I have clones and started another one.

I think HSC is talking about Blue Dream when they are referring to blue strains. Blue Dream is a cross of Blueberry and Haze, and Blue Dream is in fact part of the formula for Humboldt Dream, in addition to Purple Panty Dropper. On the other hand, HSC's Blueberry Muffin for example isn't directly a cross of Blueberry – in fact, I'm having a hard time finding any Blueberry in the lineage. Blueberry Muffin is a cross of Purple Panty Dropper and Razzleberry. As far as I can tell, Razzleberry is a Kush – no Blueberry there. Purple Panty Dropper is a magical one, though, and although I can't find any Blueberry in the lineage, I can confirm that Humboldt Dream is fairly bud rot resistant, and I'm guessing that comes from the Matanuska Mist (Mint). The star of my show is HSC's HI-BISCUS, which is Blueberry Muffin x Zkittlez. I think the strong terpinolene in HI-BISCUS comes from the Zkittlez lineage, with Mendo Purps somewhere in there, and sativa genetics. I think terpinolene is usually associated with sativas, and along with pinene and others is my guess for the super bud rot resistance.

In my mind, if you are trying to find super bud rot resistant strains, the bottom line is to look for a breeder who is experienced and breeding specifically to establish stable seed lines that carry this trait. HSC has succeeded. Another company I hear good things about is Twenty20, and I am considering trying out their Trainwreck.
Hi Biscus is on my list for next year. I don't have a rot problem indoors but I think I'll like the terps. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Po me n u wud have a good time lol I love train wreck strains
yeah no blue in them lines but they quoted “we’re in cali atm euro team and I can tell you this pancakes is dripping , it’s lethal stuff ,we don’t want to leave and the boss is saying its very rot resistant from this years selection as with any blue line we have , the boss also reccomended dream queen and anything fast like bb muffs, check out cupcake too and garlic budder “

so I took cupcake and pancakes lol the garlic bidder I don’t feel I wana smoke lol eww and dream queen isn’t as sexy sounding lol

Po me n u wud have a good time lol I love train wreck strains
yeah no blue in them lines but they quoted “we’re in cali atm euro team and I can tell you this pancakes is dripping , it’s lethal stuff ,we don’t want to leave and the boss is saying its very rot resistant from this years selection as with any blue line we have , the boss also reccomended dream queen and anything fast like bb muffs, check out cupcake too and garlic budder “

so I took cupcake and pancakes lol the garlic bidder I don’t feel I wana smoke lol eww and dream queen isn’t as sexy sounding lol
I looked at HSC's page on the pancakes... up to 30% THC!... I may need to try growin' it! Blueberry Pancakes = PPD x Slurricane. I can't find the terpene profile, but found that total terpenes are a whopping 5.6%. Maybe time to ask HSC straight up about the terpenes. Slurricane is Do-Si-Dos x Purple Punch, and appears to be limonene dominant, and also contains caryophyllene. Here' the lineage of Slurricane.

Here's an article about Blueberry Pancakes from Ben Lind of HSC:

HSC has their own seed selling website now, California Hemp Seeds. Good thing... I was having a hard time finding a seller with Blueberry Pancakes in stock.

Quick update...

In the veg house tonight, a very healthy White Window seedling in a 7 gal. pot. She's 5 ft. 7 in. tall. I moved her to the flower house tonight. (The little pot on the ground contains a pineapple plant being rooted from a top cut off a pineapple.)
white_widow.jpg

A camera flash shot after I had moved the WW out and misted all the plants. The tall one in the back is a Grape Ape clone in a 15 gal fabric pot, doing very well. Far right is a HI-BISCUS clone in a 7 gal pot. Foreground pale one is a Sweet Critical CBD clone mom, transferred yesterday from 1 gal to 3 gal – she'll green up. To the left of her is a DBL CBG clone in 7 gal. Far left is a HI-BISCUS clone in a 15 gal fabric pot.
veg_house1.jpg

:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom