Quix Goes Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Heya Quix!

You have a sausage fest going on, lol! I love that you are dabbling with breeding. Yeah brotha! :high-five:

I sure love how great your plants always look. I'm feeling like I'll be shocked if you ever have a sick looking plant, lol. When are you thinking of applying pollen? I think I did it on day 22 or so...

Can't wait to follow this. +rep!

Hey X, great to see ya! Thanks for the kind words my friend, means a lot coming from you. I'm thinking of waiting until day 28-ish to pollinate...My experience last summer with the hermie, was that at around week 4 I believe the nanners popped, and it seems like there was pollen to be found around week 5. (It very well could have been sooner and I just didn't notice) At any rate, If I go 9 weeks on these, I think 5 weeks is plenty to develop viable seed. Maybe I'll try it a liuttle sooner....We'll see. Hope all is well in your world, I have a great deal of catching up to do! I'll be over to see how your battle is going, soon.:Namaste:

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Heya Quix!

You have a sausage fest going on, lol!

:rofl: I don't know if it is because I am seriously medicated but that was hilarious for some reason!

Looking good quix, they have grown significantly! That is awesome that the chemmy jones rooted with such simplicity, I may have to try that sometime

:rofl: I don't know if it is because I am seriously medicated but that was hilarious for some reason!

Looking good quix, they have grown significantly! That is awesome that the chemmy jones rooted with such simplicity, I may have to try that sometime

Lol, yeah, it made me smile for more than just the fact that it was funny. You see, whenever X cracks jokes like that, it means that he is either feeling well, or is keeping in good spirits despite his nerve pain. Either way, its always good to see him chipper
:high-five:
Thanks for the kind words from you too! They really do seem to enjoy the Airpots and BPN, with 50/50 coco/soil..Although, I have one plant in a regular plastic pot, and can see no signifigant difference between her and the others, growth or health wise. So, my conclusion is that, the combination of the soil, and the BPN nutes are the contributing factors. It'll take a few more runs to know for sure.
One thing I'll point out, to anyone considering using coco, is that it may be to your benefit to buy the blocks of coco, rather than the bags. I have a pretty signifigant gnat problem going on, and I'm 99.9% sure they came from the Basement mix coco. They don't seem to be affecting the crop as of yet, but I believe they feed on the roots, which may become a problem in the weeks to come. I'll keep the journal posted as I know more.

Another thing I need to note, is that I germed some seeds a couple weeks ago, and 3 out of 5 Silver Kushes did not crack. Furthermore, the 5 seeds that did produce taproots, have failed to sprout. I use the simple paper towel method to germ, and have had 100% success to date. What I did a little different this time, is I let the case containing the seeds rest on top of my cfl hood, which gets about as warm as a cable box. When I went to pick up the sprouted seeds, the ends of the tap roots had turned to mush, and sort of tore off and stuck to the paper towel. I attribute this to exessive heat during germination. Live n learn...Time to start over...
Hope all is well in your world:Namaste:

Still here bro :bong: looking forward to your first seeds to break ground.
BroSis! I almost missed you Brother! Sorry my man. Thanks for stickin around, I know its been slow. I'm looking forward to having a stockpile of decent genetics too:high-five:

I'd really like to get some more ChemWreck Kush going again, to cross with this bad-ass Chemmy Jones male. I was careless with the recent seeds I tried to sprout, and I'm bummed because some of them were Kandy Skunk...If I recall, you had good experience with Kandy Kush, so I was excited to get them going. I have a few left, so I'll try again. Hope all is well in your world my friend:Namaste:

BroSis! I almost missed you Brother! Sorry my man. Thanks for stickin around, I know its been slow. I'm looking forward to having a stockpile of decent genetics too:high-five:

I'd really like to get some more ChemWreck Kush going again, to cross with this bad-ass Chemmy Jones male. I was careless with the recent seeds I tried to sprout, and I'm bummed because some of them were Kandy Skunk...If I recall, you had good experience with Kandy Kush, so I was excited to get them going. I have a few left, so I'll try again. Hope all is well in your world my friend:Namaste:

Slow and steady wins the race...

That blows, well I wish you luck with the second round. Things here are OK, going bowling with my rug-rats today. See you soon broski!

Late to jump on the Quick train here, but subbed for the rest. Looking good in flower, looking forward to hear the seeding crossing breeding reports, and bummer about those new seedlings, but live and learn, right?

Late to jump on the Quick train here, but subbed for the rest. Looking good in flower, looking forward to hear the seeding crossing breeding reports, and bummer about those new seedlings, but live and learn, right?

Hey there SurfBuddy!:welcome: Thanks for looking in, and for the kind words!
It's never too late, flower time is always the bes time anyway. Yep, live n learn, I just hate to learn to the tune of around 80 bucks...
I basically let them germ, per my usual method-paper towel in a closed plastic Q-tip case, the travel size. I let it sit on top of my cfl light fixture for warmth. I've had 100% success this way, but this time I didn't plant them right as soon as they had tap roots showing. I was super busy with work and a camping trip, and let them go a day or two too long. The ends of the roots got soggy, or rotted, and were toast. I'll be more vigilant next time. There will be plenty more chances, so its just a learning experience.
Glad you stopped by, feel free to chime in any time with comments or questions!

:Namaste:

Too much warmth in the summer. Heat and humid makes rot. Around 70 to germ seeds is optimum.

Too much warmth in the summer. Heat and humid makes rot. Around 70 to germ seeds is optimum.

Hey OG! Thanks for stopping in Brother. Hmm...70 huh? I think I could give them that, if I just left them in a dark tin, on a night stand or similar. The room stays really cool, except for the closet for obvious reasons. Thanks for the advice:high-five:

Hey OG! Thanks for stopping in Brother. Hmm...70 huh? I think I could give them that, if I just left them in a dark tin, on a night stand or similar. The room stays really cool, except for the closet for obvious reasons. Thanks for the advice:high-five:

Please don't think I'm dissing your method of germination at all... I did the paper towel method for quite a while, but I've found for me placing them directly in the media gives me better chance for success I think, and also can help prevent what you had happen, imo. Don't get me wrong, I had good results with the paper towels, too, but I wouldn't go back -- for what that's worth. I believe now, that those roots are fragile enough that some problems I had back when I was starting out may have been due to the additional handling with the seedlings from the paper towels to the media. Maybe not, but I've had less mystery issues since planting directly into the media (rapid rooters in my case). Also, they end up ultimately getting up to speed quicker when placed directly into the media (I did it both ways on a couple of grows - the direct to media ones were always ahead of the paper towelers). Small sample size, but that's what I experienced.

I had a real hard time quitting the paper towels because (a) it worked pretty darn well for me, and (b) I had to admit to myself that part of it was that I liked seeing they were vital as soon as possible. I hated not knowing what was going on in the media. I think it was the control freak in me.

But, it's been all positive since I just started popping the seeds directly in the rooters (which will hold moisture for quite a while before needing to be re-wet).

Food for thought? :)

Hey there SurfBuddy!:welcome: Thanks for looking in, and for the kind words!
It's never too late, flower time is always the bes time anyway. Yep, live n learn, I just hate to learn to the tune of around 80 bucks...
I basically let them germ, per my usual method-paper towel in a closed plastic Q-tip case, the travel size. I let it sit on top of my cfl light fixture for warmth. I've had 100% success this way, but this time I didn't plant them right as soon as they had tap roots showing. I was super busy with work and a camping trip, and let them go a day or two too long. The ends of the roots got soggy, or rotted, and were toast. I'll be more vigilant next time. There will be plenty more chances, so its just a learning experience.
Glad you stopped by, feel free to chime in any time with comments or questions!

:Namaste:

Hey Quix. Man sorry about the germ rate. I just hate those learning experiences.....but we all have em. :smokin:

Please don't think I'm dissing your method of germination at all... I did the paper towel method for quite a while, but I've found for me placing them directly in the media gives me better chance for success I think, and also can help prevent what you had happen, imo. Don't get me wrong, I had good results with the paper towels, too, but I wouldn't go back -- for what that's worth. I believe now, that those roots are fragile enough that some problems I had back when I was starting out may have been due to the additional handling with the seedlings from the paper towels to the media. Maybe not, but I've had less mystery issues since planting directly into the media (rapid rooters in my case). Also, they end up ultimately getting up to speed quicker when placed directly into the media (I did it both ways on a couple of grows - the direct to media ones were always ahead of the paper towelers). Small sample size, but that's what I experienced.

I had a real hard time quitting the paper towels because (a) it worked pretty darn well for me, and (b) I had to admit to myself that part of it was that I liked seeing they were vital as soon as possible. I hated not knowing what was going on in the media. I think it was the control freak in me.

But, it's been all positive since I just started popping the seeds directly in the rooters (which will hold moisture for quite a while before needing to be re-wet).

Food for thought? :)
X my man its good to see you!
You know what, you're 100% right. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my grows too, and its time to heed good advice. I live a stones throw from a very large nursery, and there's no reason not to go today and pick up some rapid rooters. I've been really wanting to anyway, just haven't got around to it.
I threw 9 beans into paper towels two nights ago, and if they haven't yet sprouted(maybe even if they have) I'll transfer them to the rapid rooters. Thanks for lighing the fire under my ass!

Hey Quix. Man sorry about the germ rate. I just hate those learning experiences.....but we all have em. :smokin:
Hey its no biggie OMM, no need to be sorry. There was a reason for the poor germ rate...operator error lol...Also, the timing would have been shitty, as it turns out there is a move in our near future! A friend and co-worker is moving soon, and we will be taking over the lease on the place. Until we are better prepaired to buy a home, renting is our only option. If all works out, we'll be moving the first of August or so, and there are some perks to the new place. More space (you know what that means:yahoo:

I'm not sure about the wiring in the new place, but it has to be better than the old shit I'm dealing with lately. I haven't mentioned it, but I've been blowing the breaker off and on for the last two weeks. Temps here have been in the 90s a lot of the days, and my circuits just can't handle the stress of the AC, fans and lights all in the bedroom....I've lowered the ballast to 300 watts, and dont run the cieling fan during peak heat hours, but, it jacked up my timers a little, which has added a little extra dark here and there, but no light during dark cycle, so hopefully the won't pop nuts on me:smokin:

Anyway, long story short, the move should be good, but I don't like having to move 8-12 plants.....
Wish me luck!

Hey its no biggie OMM, no need to be sorry. There was a reason for the poor germ rate...operator error lol...Also, the timing would have been shitty, as it turns out there is a move in our near future! A friend and co-worker is moving soon, and we will be taking over the lease on the place. Until we are better prepaired to buy a home, renting is our only option. If all works out, we'll be moving the first of August or so, and there are some perks to the new place. More space (you know what that means:yahoo:

I'm not sure about the wiring in the new place, but it has to be better than the old shit I'm dealing with lately. I haven't mentioned it, but I've been blowing the breaker off and on for the last two weeks. Temps here have been in the 90s a lot of the days, and my circuits just can't handle the stress of the AC, fans and lights all in the bedroom....I've lowered the ballast to 300 watts, and dont run the cieling fan during peak heat hours, but, it jacked up my timers a little, which has added a little extra dark here and there, but no light during dark cycle, so hopefully the won't pop nuts on me:smokin:

Anyway, long story short, the move should be good, but I don't like having to move 8-12 plants.....
Wish me luck!

Well, well, a blessing in a disguise. Man, I sure know what your talking about,,,,when I moved indoors...breakers were blowing like crazy. Old house. I just did trail and error until things worked. I mess with nothing now!

That's great about the new place. More room is great!

It took me years to finally buy a house. Remodeled it by myself and made enough to buy this one.

I hope to hear good news in August about the new space!:high-five:

Wish me luck!

Good luck with the move buddy, gonna drive down the road with your car windows blacked out? Double limo tint?

Luck!!

Hope the move goes well, Q!
Thank you my friend!:Namaste:

Good luck with the move buddy, gonna drive down the road with your car windows blacked out? Double limo tint?

Thanks for the luck!

Limo tint lol, nah, I'll just throw em in the back of the U-hawl with some support, I'm sure they'll be fine...

Hey Quix, looking good over here buddy. Sounds like you are going to be busy packing and moving. Glad you are able to have more room at the new place. :woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom