Quix Goes Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Looking great Quix! I didn't have a chance to go through the whole journal but I learned a few things in what I read. That's what this site is all about, great members giving great advice. I enjoy your positivity as much as your write ups, brother :Namaste:

Love when those fall colors start kicking in! Plants look very healthy...:popcorn:

Hey there Yard! :welcome:

Nice of ya to stop in, glad to have ya!
Thanks a bunch for the kind words bud, really....I do what I can, when I can, but wish I could participate more here...its a lot of fun. Between work, wife, kids and other hobbies, I get pretty slammed.
Things are pretty slow on this one, having some heat issues, which not only affect the plants directly, but indirectly as well. Been blowing breakers at 450 watts (75% setting on my ballast) so I've had to turn it down to 300 watts (50%). Not only do they not like the low amount of light, but their timers have gotten screwed up a couple times as well. Stress and more stress=shitty yield....Live and learn....Should have an update in the next few days...Thanks again for stopping in, and for the kind words!:Namaste:

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

quix bruddah new journal up with video, um bluberry gum -g13 labs,,awesome strain im flowering 3 right now killer smoke she can get nute burn fairly easy so watch for that and will plump alot in week 9 let her go till she hits that late fattening up burst and the nugs will be STICKY and smell soooo good the breeder sez 50 -60 days i went like 67 it was worth it, ,are those cfls old in there with the lings? if so that may be why they stretched ,the lights have lost lumens, that happened to me, and i find the blueish daylight ones keep them shorter those look like the warms in the pic,, anyway loking awesome as usual:thumb:
Right on I'll have to cruise over and sub up!
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the BB Gum, it was a seed I picked out by its self a Loooooong time ago lol....Thanks for the info on letting her go, I'll def have to remember that!:high-five:

Good point on the CFLs, yes, they're pretty old...Good eye you have too, yes, the ones you can see are the warms....There are equal number of warm and cool in there. I agree about the cools keeping them shorter, too....I kinda jumped in the deep end with these...Turns out I can't cool my room, AND use all of my light at the same time...inadequate breaker box....I'll be moving in about a month, hopefully the wiring can handle my grow!

yup i love growing bg it clones easy,grows fast and dose not stretch to much, it can grow sog,scrog, lst topped it loves the abuse, i hope yours is as good as the one i have, i have cloned it so many times lol, now im getting excited about chemdog and wwxbb:thumb: oh and my blue cheese clone that took, i took 8 cuttings and only 1 rooted, a lower bud i took at harvest and put in the bubble cloner finaly got roots in the past few days, took 22 days to root in the cloner, tough strain to clone for me so far, but from 1 there will be many!

now im getting excited about chemdog!
Yep, anything XWW should come out sweet, but Chemdog is a really nice genetic...I'm a fan of everything Diesel, and the ChemWreck Kush I grew last round is some of the sweetest, fueliest funk I've ever smelled.

Well folks, time for an update...not a good one.

The stress caused by the heat, and screwy light cycle, has reared its ugly head. I tend not to post photos of shitty things, and this will be no exception. These bitches have nanners poppin up everywhere, and there are plenty of super swollen calyxes...There are a few nugs that were purposely pollenated, so those seeds will be collected and saved. The rest, well, I think I'll toss them somewhere next spring and see what they do lol. This is quite the bummer, but I will overcome. I have 9 sprouts coming up, so we'll see how they do. I would just scrap the whole thing and move the lings into the closet, but there's just too much usable plant material to toss out like that.

I've been working with the 160 micron bubble bags, using dry ice. It works ok, but a smaller size mesh is definitely needed to get quality hash. I bought the 160, and a 220 micron bags. I will never use the 220. The next time I place an order, it will be for a 12 and a 90. The 160 just allows too much "green" into the mix, even during the first 30 seconds. If you want the "blonde" you'll use a smaller micron mesh.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know what the haps is, I'll continue to journal these regardless, but I won't like it lol.

thats a terrorible story, and I NEVER WANT TO HEAR IT AGAIN never never never (and now I'am stomping my foot) now I have to find a happy place:circle-of-love:

thats a terrorible story, and I NEVER WANT TO HEAR IT AGAIN never never never (and now I'am stomping my foot) now I have to find a happy place:circle-of-love:

Immagine being the one to find the damn things! I damn near pulled the whole group of three..."Patients" I told myself lol...

not good news then mate, you know the dry ice bags your using, well ill try and find the info if you have not all ready seen it, but their is one size bag that gives the best hash, when you go to a smaller size you can get only the damaged trichs through so their is sort of a level where the best hash is made, ill try and find it again, they done a test with 6 bags and found that the 2nd bag so not the one with the smallest holes but the next size up gave the best hash, ill try and find the size and tell you what it says,

not good news then mate, you know the dry ice bags your using, well ill try and find the info if you have not all ready seen it, but their is one size bag that gives the best hash, when you go to a smaller size you can get only the damaged trichs through so their is sort of a level where the best hash is made, ill try and find it again, they done a test with 6 bags and found that the 2nd bag so not the one with the smallest holes but the next size up gave the best hash, ill try and find the size and tell you what it says,

Cool thanks for the info DP, I really haven't read up a whole lot on the subject, I know for sure though, that something smaller than 160 would be better.

The stress caused by the heat, and screwy light cycle, has reared its ugly head. I tend not to post photos of shitty things, and this will be no exception. These bitches have nanners poppin up everywhere, and there are plenty of super swollen calyxes...There are a few nugs that were purposely pollenated, so those seeds will be collected and saved. The rest, well, I think I'll toss them somewhere next spring and see what they do lol. This is quite the bummer, but I will overcome. I have 9 sprouts coming up, so we'll see how they do. I would just scrap the whole thing and move the lings into the closet, but there's just too much usable plant material to toss out like that.

I've been working with the 160 micron bubble bags, using dry ice. It works ok, but a smaller size mesh is definitely needed to get quality hash. I bought the 160, and a 220 micron bags. I will never use the 220. The next time I place an order, it will be for a 12 and a 90. The 160 just allows too much "green" into the mix, even during the first 30 seconds. If you want the "blonde" you'll use a smaller micron mesh.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know what the haps is, I'll continue to journal these regardless, but I won't like it lol.

Well, Phooey Quix.:smokin::smokin:

Man, I'm so sorry..all your hard work! I don't blame you for not posting pictures. Well you will get some real seeds, that's a plus. Not going say anything else. You know what to do next. Knowing you my friend, you will be back in no time. I might give a kick to those traders though! Your the best Buddy! :thedoubletake::smokin:

bummer but you know even with the nanner ish its possible to get some killer seeds that are most likely feminized, i would hang on to em mark em for what plant they came from,you might get some great plants from them, stress nanners are not as bad as ones that happen when all enviros are good ,as you know im sure the "pros" use stress to get those nanners/fem seeds all the time! i have a strain (purp#1) that will herm at the drop of a hat, but i LOVE it so much i keep it,grow it and nanner or not it makes the most amazing beautiful bud , (i like the flavor /smell/and its not so strong that it puts me on the floor) im a lightweight most of my meds i cant have more than 2 hits or im incoherent lol to each his own i suppose,
but yeah if your making hash theres no reason to chuck your effort, and its not like nanners taste bad in a bowl or anything,i know how upsetting it is for sure remember when all my plants went hermtastic last journal i was ready to freak out n burn my grow to the ground grind the remnants to dust piss on it and blast it into outer space, but we are cannabis growers (a unique breed) we forge on to loftier heights and endure the turdy times, *assumes yoga pose and starts chanting* "bigger n better,bigger n better" lol :Namaste:
i have a jar of p#1 full of lil yellow things that just so happens to be my "precious" jar i share with nobody! so you just never know!!
i feel you on the electrical troubles more than most, i almost gave up growing all together!! remember the "case of the mysterious ballast blowing"?? yup i feel ya, boy do i feel ya! anywho have ya been over to see me vidz? i got some milk n cookies oh and might even share a bowl of nanners with ya if you hurry lol :thumb:
new vid today too

"precious jar" LOL, I have one of those too. Most peeps want nothing to do with that jar based on how it looks.....

Well, Phooey Quix.:smokin::smokin:

Man, I'm so sorry..all your hard work! I don't blame you for not posting pictures. Well you will get some real seeds, that's a plus. Not going say anything else. You know what to do next. Knowing you my friend, you will be back in no time. I might give a kick to those traders though! Your the best Buddy! :thedoubletake::smokin:

Hey OMM, thanks for the words of encouragement buddy! You know me, it's just a grow...(its been helping more than just me lately though, if you know what I mean, and I need it that way...ahem...,)
Anyway, Its ok, and the next grow will be but another adventure...:Namaste:

bummer but you know even with the nanner ish its possible to get some killer seeds that are most likely feminized, i would hang on to em mark em for what plant they came from,you might get some great plants from them, stress nanners are not as bad as ones that happen when all enviros are good ,as you know im sure the "pros" use stress to get those nanners/fem seeds all the time! i have a strain (purp#1) that will herm at the drop of a hat, but i LOVE it so much i keep it,grow it and nanner or not it makes the most amazing beautiful bud , (i like the flavor /smell/and its not so strong that it puts me on the floor) im a lightweight most of my meds i cant have more than 2 hits or im incoherent lol to each his own i suppose,
but yeah if your making hash theres no reason to chuck your effort, and its not like nanners taste bad in a bowl or anything,i know how upsetting it is for sure remember when all my plants went hermtastic last journal i was ready to freak out n burn my grow to the ground grind the remnants to dust piss on it and blast it into outer space, but we are cannabis growers (a unique breed) we forge on to loftier heights and endure the turdy times, *assumes yoga pose and starts chanting* "bigger n better,bigger n better" lol :Namaste:
i have a jar of p#1 full of lil yellow things that just so happens to be my "precious" jar i share with nobody! so you just never know!!
i feel you on the electrical troubles more than most, i almost gave up growing all together!! remember the "case of the mysterious ballast blowing"?? yup i feel ya, boy do i feel ya! anywho have ya been over to see me vidz? i got some milk n cookies oh and might even share a bowl of nanners with ya if you hurry lol :thumb:
new vid today too

While I appreciate the cheer up, brother BID, it is my opinion, from the research that I've done, that hermies are nothing but trouble. It really comes down to the fact that this line(s) aren't locked down, and there will be not only a HUGE variety of phenos, but a large number of hermies within this seed stock. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't really mind if there were, say, A (singular) bananna popped up, bringing about a few(10-20) seeds....But, the way these bitches hermed, there are going to be a shit ton of seeds-Not cool. I don't have the space or time to deal with the sorting and waiting, that comes with finding that "Keeper". I need genetics that can take a temp swing, a little variation on light timing (Half hour - an hour) and not throw a dick fit lol.....

i totally feel your thoughts on it, i just like making lemonade brother:thumb::circle-of-love:

you would love my trailor trash strain,been working on it for several years now, i has been thru hell with me and while after a great deal of stress it has hermied on me it takes far more than i have seen with any other strain, like 21 weeks in flower months of wild temp swings drought, nute burn ph issues and in week 22 finally started chuckin nanners, i hope to breed its toughness and resistances into other finicky strains i have like purple#1 that hermz if you sneeze to loud, but its beauty and flavor are awesome "purple trash" one day soon,

i totally feel your thoughts on it, i just like making lemonade brother:thumb::circle-of-love:

you would love my trailor trash strain,been working on it for several years now, i has been thru hell with me and while after a great deal of stress it has hermied on me it takes far more than i have seen with any other strain, like 21 weeks in flower months of wild temp swings drought, nute burn ph issues and in week 22 finally started chuckin nanners, i hope to breed its toughness and resistances into other finicky strains i have like purple#1 that hermz if you sneeze to loud, but its beauty and flavor are awesome "purple trash" one day soon,

Holy bajeebus dude, 22 weeks is insane! I think the longest I ever heard for a strain, was for Dr. Grinspoon...OMM has had one, and THSea has one right now...Seems like that was a 20 week strain?? OMM I'm sure can correct me if I'm wrong:Namaste: I'd have to do a 22 week strain outside....Veg her for like 9 weeks indoors at the end of winter, a few toppings or FIM jobs...Man that would be sweet.

Ahhh damnit! That sucks bad my friend! You can definitely get some bud from it though, but I know how difficult and deflating it is when issues like that come up. I feel your pain - or at least can relate to it.. Really valuable insight on the dry ice though. +rep for that and for better luck moving forward. Much love Q!

Holy bajeebus dude, 22 weeks is insane! I think the longest I ever heard for a strain, was for Dr. Grinspoon...OMM has had one, and THSea has one right now...Seems like that was a 20 week strain?? OMM I'm sure can correct me if I'm wrong:Namaste: I'd have to do a 22 week strain outside....Veg her for like 9 weeks indoors at the end of winter, a few toppings or FIM jobs...Man that would be sweet.

Hi Quix. Your right Dr. Grinspoon. I still want to grow one. Your right THsea has one growing now...looking at a xmas harvest...maybe. The book lists it as 95 days, but it may go 120 days or longer. 100% Sativa. 25% THC.
It has small buds like grapes. Going to be interesting!
:geek::phew::scratchinghead:

Back
Top Bottom