Small Space Grow#3 - JillyBean - Strawberry Diesel - Chemmy Jones

Thank you for the kind words BID. The purpling is actually more of a P deficiency, maybe a hint of moybdenum too. It just wierd how the shaded areas seem unaffected. She's under all CFL, and the temps are lower than her sister who is under HPS. I do have a tower fan oscilating between her and the HPS plants so....all three factors play a role I'm sure...Hope you are well my friend:Namaste:

That type of purpling isn't due to a deficiency! On the contrary, it's a normal process as the plant progresses to the end of its life. BTW, well fed plants do this in organic mediums.

Plants feed microbes and literally tell the microbes what kind of food they need....thus the anthrocyanins....(purpling). Not only is it a sign of healthy plants, the pigments are very healthy! They give the finished product important things....

Anthocyanin pigments and associated flavonoids have demonstrated ability to protect against a myriad of human diseases, yet they have been notoriously difficult to study with regard to human health. Anthocyanins frequently interact with other phytochemicals to potentiate biological effects, thus contributions from individual components are difficult to decipher. The complex, multicomponent structure of compounds in a bioactive mixture and the degradation of flavonoids during harsh extraction procedures obscure the precise assignment of bioactivity to individual pigments. Extensive metabolic breakdown after ingestion complicates tracking of anthocyanins to assess absorption, bioavailability, and accumulation in various organs. Anthocyanin pigments and other flavonoids that are uniformly, predictably produced in rigorously controlled plant cell culture systems can be a great advantage for health and nutrition research because they are quickly, easily isolated, lack interferences found in whole fruits, can be elicited to provoke rapid and prolific accumulation, and are amenable to biolabeling so that metabolic fate can be investigated after ingestion.

That type of purpling isn't due to a deficiency! On the contrary, it's a normal process as the plant progresses to the end of its life. BTW, well fed plants do this in organic mediums.

Plants feed microbes and literally tell the microbes what kind of food they need....thus the anthrocyanins....(purpling). Not only is it a sign of healthy plants, the pigments are very healthy! They give the finished product important things....

Anthocyanin pigments and associated flavonoids have demonstrated ability to protect against a myriad of human diseases, yet they have been notoriously difficult to study with regard to human health. Anthocyanins frequently interact with other phytochemicals to potentiate biological effects, thus contributions from individual components are difficult to decipher. The complex, multicomponent structure of compounds in a bioactive mixture and the degradation of flavonoids during harsh extraction procedures obscure the precise assignment of bioactivity to individual pigments. Extensive metabolic breakdown after ingestion complicates tracking of anthocyanins to assess absorption, bioavailability, and accumulation in various organs. Anthocyanin pigments and other flavonoids that are uniformly, predictably produced in rigorously controlled plant cell culture systems can be a great advantage for health and nutrition research because they are quickly, easily isolated, lack interferences found in whole fruits, can be elicited to provoke rapid and prolific accumulation, and are amenable to biolabeling so that metabolic fate can be investigated after ingestion.

Doc, first thank you for that info. I wish I could dedicate SO much more time to this art, to learn and expand and participate. I regularly wish I had your vast knowledg and skill. Your philosophy on the importance of the environment of our plants above all else, is one of my favorite items of education since joining 420. I am very limited in my ability to create an ideal environment, but I try my hardest to get close, with what I have.

What I am not able to discern, is whether or not the purpling is singularly phenotypical, or a result of its environment, or both. I've had a number of very healthy plants, and none has ever purpled.
Before the leaves started to go purple, there was a clear and present development of some sort of PH imballance(likely)
or deficiency. ((I have no way of checking PH)) The symptom was a sort of "rust" colored blotching. I say blotching because it wasn't quite the typical "spotting" or chlorosis usually associated with cal/mag def....I also cannot seem to find enough good pictures of canabis deficiencies, to help me decide which def(s) it may be. Time, is also in short supply...so searches are limited to an hour or so a week. I should have taken close pictures of the issue, for better documentation, but people rarely want to showcase their shortcomings, and I'm human lol. To be honest, though, she was a runt, and sickly from the beginning.
Thanks again for stopping in, your input is valuable and highly respected. I hope all is well in your world.:Namaste:

Damn those are some beautiful plants, Quix!! +rep

Also, +rep Doc for the great info. I appreciate you sharing that a ton. :thumb:

Yes, absolutely +Rep to Doc, what a great grower!
Thank you very much for the reps X, I love having you here both for your knowledge, and for your friendship, I hope all is well in your world!:Namaste:

potm entrY brah
:thumb:
Maybe in another contest, like "SMALLEST plant of the month" lol...Thank you for the kind words anyway my friend, I hope all is well in your world:Namaste:

Jilly Bean from TGA Subcool....

A very finicky strain, difficult to grow. Supposed to have above average yields, but didn't. Buds are scraggly and unsightly on some phenos with lots of fox-tailing. <(this may be a Space Queen issue) She is sensitive to over fert, sensitive to soil conditions and PH too...
I'm guessing it would take a 10 pack to find a keeper, but, IMO, it would be worth it.
The finished product is one of my favorite to smoke, when grown right. I, however, have not quite figured out what she needs.

JillyBean has a very distinct, creamy orange flavor, rich on the inhale, subdued and smooth on the exhale. Harvested between 8 and 9 weeks, the high can be on the racy side, but still has a decent body stone-warm and cozy, maybe a little hazy. In my experience, the effect produced is a bit of a creeper, coming on slow and steady, working its way up to the speedy thoughts and slightly elevated BPM. I believe JB should be let to go a little longer than 9 weeks, maybe only a few days, to smooth out the ride and add that extra bit of euphoria she is capable of; She will need a little extra TLC to get to that point in good health.
I WILL try her again sometime in the future.

Chemwreck Kush from Connoiseur Genetics....

I love this strain. CWK seems to love the closet. Tolerant of feeding a little high, doesn't get too depressed under too much heat, and seems to want to please. Really nice, tight bud structure, and yields well. Her buds are really sticky, really stinky, and are sure to impress anyone. The smell reveals her Chemdog roots, and stays around through inhale and exhale. The smoke is very thick, robust even...almost oily, but not acrid.- This is a VERY pleasurable herb to smoke; the taste and smell alone make you want to keep toking.
The onset of the high is perfect, you feel it just a bit right away, and the ramp up is not too fast, and not too creeper. A very comfortable high. Picked at right around the 8 week mark, she has no amber trichs, but don't let that fool ya. She's plenty ready. As you set in on a 2 or 3 hit ride, you realize that your thoughts are extreemly clear, considering how engulfed your body is. I found myself with an elevated mood, even while doing dishes lol. She is a perfect hybrid for me, others' experience may vary of course.

I'll probably shut this down today, and start the new one, so stay tuned for the link in my sig.

I'd really like to thank everyone who has graced this journal with their presence, and to those who've offered help in times of need, an even bigger thanks to you.
OMM, XLR8, Mr. Krip, BID, to name a few, thank you Brothers for being here and for all your help and friendship. DocBud, thank you as well for dropping in with your knowledge, I know you're busy too.

The next run is already close to vegged, and topped once already, so flower is not far off. Running SmartPots, BPN nutes, and cutting my FFOF with Basement Mix COCO....Featuring SleeSkunk and Chemmy Jones...

Much Love and Respect to all of you, I hope all is well in your worlds...See you soon...Q
:Namaste:

Wow Quix!!! all i gotta say is you have a really nice journal going and your plants look amazing!! excellent job so far!!!

Wow Quix!!! all i gotta say is you have a really nice journal going and your plants look amazing!! excellent job so far!!!

Thanks a bunch Icemud! Good to see you. This one's a wrap, but you can join the next one if you're so inclined. hope you are well:Namaste:

Fine Grow Buddy! As is your usual.

The smoke reports were absolutely out standing.
:high-five:

Save me a chair. :welldone:

Thank you kindly my friend! No need to save you a chair...The first few chairs are always reserved for you, so you can pick the one you like best:high-five:

I better get one a those chairs too!. Done put me next to OMM because he steals my :popcorn:

Man you know you have a seat my friend...but....I regret to inform you that your seat is indeed next to OMM's...He made me do it...something about staring at me like he used to stare at goats in the army???
He really likes popcorn!!

Good job Quix, I like the smoke reports, something new to add to the list.....

Thanks OG13, really, I always want to do smoke reports, but just never feel entheused enough about most strains to do them...This run was light, but successful nonetheless. Thanks for subbing to my new journal over there, too. See you soon.

Ok folks this one is officially over, I will be asking the mods to move it to completed journals...
Please see the second post on this page for the link, until I can fix my signature...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom