Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth - LA Diva & Afghan Kush Ryder

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

OK quick update.
It's been a rough two weeks for the young plants. This is something I think new guys should pay attention to.
I planted the seedlings into soil that was a well known brand, Fox Farms Happy Frog. I have always liked the soil, and still do. But one thing to note, is that when you have a small amount of soil that gets left over, but seems too much to throw out, you tend to save it.

Be mindful of how long you save it for. Mine sat through the end of last Summer, the fall, and most of the Winter before I needed it again. I also had it in a very cold location (garage).

I feel like the nutrients that typically come in our soils is negated, or that it dies over time if not used up.

So, I took this very cold, aged soil, and mixed in my Mychorhizae and Superthrive water, as usual, but possibly over dampened by a slight degree.

This created a very "clumpy" and dense soil base for the seeds to go into. What followed was a very slow start to the plants first few weeks. The first week seemed ok, but then all growth slowed, and I started to experience what looked like under, or over watering symptoms (Drooping). While the top layers of soil were slightly dry, the pots still had a heavy feel to them, as if the bottom layers wouldn't dry (because of density). Now, my first impression was that the roots hat shot straight to the bottom in following the water, while the top layer dried to unacceptable levels.
Basically, I was right. The roots were running fast and hard toward the bottom and failing to branch out latterally due to the quick drying top layer of soil, and the slow drying lower layer, which created a situation where the roots were basically rootbound without ever outgrowing their pots. Is this making sense?
A quick recap.
Old, cold soil that is over watered, will create a poor environment for seeds to thrive.

Now, the good news is that I got lucky, and am seeing a marked recovery.

I didn't post it, but my last feeding was the the "Mild Growth" feeding of BPN, 2.5 ml/gal, and added Great White Shark, which I've used in the past with good results.

Here are the pictures of the plants three days ago...
P31200011.JPG
P31200021.JPG
`
Here they are yesterday, 2 days after the feeding...
P31800051.JPG

And here they are today:thumb:
P31900011.JPG

All I know is I bumped up the BPN, added Mychorhizae, and voila. Long story short, I'm happy, but start with good fresh soil!!:Namaste:

LOL, my happy frog was runnin out of gogo almost immediately, I thought it was me or sumthin...LOL, I'm changin brands as soon as the frog is gone! I'm all caught up bro, Congrats on the new addition to the family! You must be a proud papa! + reps bro!

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

LOL, my happy frog was runnin out of gogo almost immediately, I thought it was me or sumthin...LOL, I'm changin brands as soon as the frog is gone!

I have tried it as a main soil before, but I've found that it's really better suited for starts, as it is really mild. The Ocean Forrest is pretty hot, and I've had it fry my early starts before. I typically start in Happy Frog, then translant into Ocean Forrest. They seem to really like that.
I have a fresh bag of OF just waiting to be used, but the temps here are so damn cold that I don't want to translant in the garage, but its such a mess maker, transplanting is, that I'm reluctant to drag it all inside....But these autos are already jumping into flower so I'd better make up my mind soon...:bitingnails:

I have tried it as a main soil before, but I've found that it's really better suited for starts, as it is really mild. The Ocean Forrest is pretty hot, and I've had it fry my early starts before. I typically start in Happy Frog, then translant into Ocean Forrest. They seem to really like that.
I have a fresh bag of OF just waiting to be used, but the temps here are so damn cold that I don't want to translant in the garage, but its such a mess maker, transplanting is, that I'm reluctant to drag it all inside....But these autos are already jumping into flower so I'd better make up my mind soon...:bitingnails:

I saw a dude buyin 2o bags one time and I wondered...what the heck is he thinkin or man....that dude is goona have some weeds if that's just for his starts!!!

I saw a dude buyin 2o bags one time and I wondered...what the heck is he thinkin or man....that dude is goona have some weeds if that's just for his starts!!!

He may very well have been using it as a base, and adding his own goodies. 20 bags is a lot! I do believe if I were to grow that many plants I'd have to switch to hydro...300 bucks a run, just for soil, would kill me...

He may very well have been using it as a base, and adding his own goodies. 20 bags is a lot! I do believe if I were to grow that many plants I'd have to switch to hydro...300 bucks a run, just for soil, would kill me...

I heard that bro, I would never reuse soil, and my freinds take my used soil and grow with it.....but they never get an "a" product.

OK, despite very low temperatures I was able to get the plants into their new homes.
I transplanted the Chemwreck Kush (REG) and the LA Diva auto into #3 SmartPots, whil the other four autos (Blue Mammoth and Afghan Kush Ryder) went into #2 SmartPots.
My Mixture is as follows.
50/50 Fox Farms Ocean Forrest and perlite.
I mix one gallon of water with one scoop of Great White Shark Mychorhizae, one tbsp Blackstrap Molasses, and 1/4 tsp Superthrive.
Mixed soil/perlite with the water until just moist....
Once transplanted, I top the pots off with PREWASHED Hydoton for even water distribution and to prevent excelerated evaporation of moisture from the soil...
P32500062.JPG
P32500072.JPG
P32500053.JPG
P32500042.JPG
P32500024.JPG
P32500082.JPG
P32500092.JPG

Hope all is well in your worlds:Namaste:

Sounds good to me Buddy. You know I love Happy Frog, just can't get here anymore. Smart transplanting in OF.
Nutes are already there and ready to go. Say those auto don't wait for anyone eh? At least they are telling you what to do!
:cheer::thumb:

Sounds good to me Buddy. You know I love Happy Frog, just can't get here anymore. Smart transplanting in OF.
Nutes are already there and ready to go. Say those auto don't wait for anyone eh? At least they are telling you what to do!
:cheer::thumb:

Man I tell ya OMM, these girls wait for nothing and no one!! They're stunted a little, but that's no matter...Got pistils a poppin on all five autos...They'll be small, but tasty nonetheless. This run will be far below the 1 gram/watt benchmark, but they'll get me through...Then its GDPx6:high-five:

Autos=low yield in soil, unless planted directly into 3 gallon+ pots in soil, with no translant....:thumb:

Man I tell ya OMM, these girls wait for nothing and no one!! They're stunted a little, but that's no matter...Got pistils a poppin on all five autos...They'll be small, but tasty nonetheless. This run will be far below the 1 gram/watt benchmark, but they'll get me through...Then its GDPx6:high-five:

Autos=low yield in soil, unless planted directly into 3 gallon+ pots in soil, with no translant....:thumb:

Aw that's great Quix, they are popping pistils. Well, they are doing what you wanted.....a bit of bud to tide you over before the GDPx6 gets going. Can't wait to see those babies grow.
:high-five:

That should help others to grow autos.....just start them and leave them in 3 gallon pots.:goodjob:

That should help others to grow autos.....just start them and leave them in 3 gallon pots.:goodjob:
Or bigger! Or, if you can, run them in hydro....

Hey man this is my second grow around and I have never started from seed before or grown auto's, yet I wouldn't consider myself handicapped on the subject of growing.:peace:
I just really need some help with these AKR's and whenever I post on other forums I get people who have never even grown bud trying to tell me what to do, its just better to have help from someone who has grown that strain and that plant before, sorry if I am ranting lol,
So the 3 seeds have all sank in the cup of water after about 15 hours and one is showing a little root. I plan to leave them all in there another day then move to a paper towel in a ziploc on the windowsill for one day THEN plant them all in jiffy peat pellets until I can see a root coming out of the pellet. Few questions on the pellets, after they sprout, do I just water like I would any other plant? or do I just mist them or not water at all? I plan to then transplant when ready from the pellets to 5 gal nursery pots in my 2x4x5 tent. I am using happy frog organic potting soil with 1 cup blood meal 1 cup bone meal 1 cup kelp meal and 1 cup horse shit(dehydrated lol) will this soil burn the plant? If so what can I do? I was thinking of just moving from jiffy pellets to a clear cup for a few days or so and then transplanting to 5 gal in hopes they are strong enough and water with superthrive for the very first transplant watering to get them up and going. the tent is cooled by my ac unit, i put a cardboard box around the unit and sealed it all up, then cut a 4 inch hole and vented it into the tent, put the ac on automatic and viola, it cools down the room automatically when it gets to hot, or just leave it on nd voila, all heat problems terminated. Before I did that I was runnin 90's in there, then used some ducting for the reflector and added an exhaust fan for the entire tent, now its almost too cold so I had to tone down the AC. I tend to extremely overthink things, thanks for your time man I reaally hope you help me out! :Namaste::thanks:

BTW: I just spent like 4 hours reading all 8 pages and blazing at the same time, my fuckin hats off to that guy who posted the icon eating popcorn, I choked laughing so hard.

PS: Congrats on the daughter bro!

PSS: This was supposed to be a PM but I dont have enough posts yet lol so sorry:peace:

PSSSSSS: (at this point its more of a snake whispering) I've heard of the afghan kush ryder not going into flower by itself and the owner ended up with a 3 foot tall plant before he realized to switch to 12/12 yielded a few ounces and the dumb ass never cloned it thinking that it was garbage because it didnt change itself to 12/12

Hey man this is my second grow around and I have never started from seed before or grown auto's, yet I wouldn't consider myself handicapped on the subject of growing.:peace:
I just really need some help with these AKR's and whenever I post on other forums I get people who have never even grown bud trying to tell me what to do, its just better to have help from someone who has grown that strain and that plant before, sorry if I am ranting lol,
So the 3 seeds have all sank in the cup of water after about 15 hours and one is showing a little root. I plan to leave them all in there another day then move to a paper towel in a ziploc on the windowsill for one day THEN plant them all in jiffy peat pellets until I can see a root coming out of the pellet. Few questions on the pellets, after they sprout, do I just water like I would any other plant? or do I just mist them or not water at all? I plan to then transplant when ready from the pellets to 5 gal nursery pots in my 2x4x5 tent. I am using happy frog organic potting soil with 1 cup blood meal 1 cup bone meal 1 cup kelp meal and 1 cup horse shit(dehydrated lol) will this soil burn the plant? If so what can I do? I was thinking of just moving from jiffy pellets to a clear cup for a few days or so and then transplanting to 5 gal in hopes they are strong enough and water with superthrive for the very first transplant watering to get them up and going. the tent is cooled by my ac unit, i put a cardboard box around the unit and sealed it all up, then cut a 4 inch hole and vented it into the tent, put the ac on automatic and viola, it cools down the room automatically when it gets to hot, or just leave it on nd voila, all heat problems terminated. Before I did that I was runnin 90's in there, then used some ducting for the reflector and added an exhaust fan for the entire tent, now its almost too cold so I had to tone down the AC. I tend to extremely overthink things, thanks for your time man I reaally hope you help me out! :Namaste::thanks:

BTW: I just spent like 4 hours reading all 8 pages and blazing at the same time, my fuckin hats off to that guy who posted the icon eating popcorn, I choked laughing so hard.

PSS: This was supposed to be a PM but I dont have enough posts yet lol so sorry:peace:

PSSSSSS: (at this point its more of a snake whispering) I've heard of the afghan kush ryder not going into flower by itself and the owner ended up with a 3 foot tall plant before he realized to switch to 12/12 yielded a few ounces and the dumb ass never cloned it thinking that it was garbage because it didnt change itself to 12/12

Bro, welcome to my journal, and welcome to :420: You made the right choice by coming here, you won't regret it. The people here are knowledgable, AND willing to help you. Like any forum, there will always be a few know-it-alls, trolls etc, but they never last long around here. We are a family, and if you are kind and humble, you will fit right in.
I'm going to be late for work if I address ALL that you mentioned, but until I get off toningt, I can definitely tell you NOT to go from the water to the paper towels....I'm a paper towel guy, I swear by the method. I know other growers, better growers than myself, who do the soaking in a cup of water, with great results. Prblem with moving them from the cup to the towel, is that you don't want to disturb that tiny tap root at all. Let it get roughly 1/4 inch, then PLANT it. Trust me, that's one bit of advice you can count on.
I'll be back later tonight to go over the rest of your stuff, and in the mean time, someone else may chime in.
Again, welcome to the :420: family, just hang in there....Oh, and +Reps

Bro, welcome to my journal, and welcome to :420: You made the right choice by coming here, you won't regret it. The people here are knowledgable, AND willing to help you. Like any forum, there will always be a few know-it-alls, trolls etc, but they never last long around here. We are a family, and if you are kind and humble, you will fit right in.
I'm going to be late for work if I address ALL that you mentioned, but until I get off toningt, I can definitely tell you NOT to go from the water to the paper towels....I'm a paper towel guy, I swear by the method. I know other growers, better growers than myself, who do the soaking in a cup of water, with great results. Prblem with moving them from the cup to the towel, is that you don't want to disturb that tiny tap root at all. Let it get roughly 1/4 inch, then PLANT it. Trust me, that's one bit of advice you can count on.
I'll be back later tonight to go over the rest of your stuff, and in the mean time, someone else may chime in.
Again, welcome to the :420: family, just hang in there....Oh, and +Reps
Dude, your the coolest. Thank you very much, unfortunately I have insomnia and had no bud left so I fell asleep at around 5 am last night :/ I had to wake up at around 10. SO when I did get around to my grow I transferred them from the cup to the paper towel before reading your advice, I plan to only leave it in there for 1 day and I didnt touch the seed when transferring from cup to the paper towel. Honestly, I feel as if the cup method cracks them faster but the paper towel method grows the root faster. For my first grow I moisted a paper towel on a little mini plate(super small) and then put a little sauce bowl on top of it, I would leave it on the windowsill and the bowl would be elevated by a quarter on the plate. I dont really recall how long I left them there but I checked back on them later and the roots were huge! Some were so big I couldn't get them in the rockwool. I have basically found every Afghan Kush Ryder grow journal on the internet and read all of them, yours is easily the best.

ALSO: This site is the best by far, you guys are great!:cheer:

PS: I had the seeds in the cup for 2 days and they all cracked open, two of those little buggers are showing some roots(very small but protruding from the seed) the other one has the seed cracked and you can see the root inside but It hasnt necessarily left the seed yet. Will be transplanting into jiffy peat pellets tommorow, should I leave the t5 24 hours on them? I have just alot of questions because I like to be sure of everything :p

(oh and my boss hog is about to pop out of the top of the pellet! I can see the top of the seed on the top of the soil so I imagine it might have another day or so but this is good news, I was beginning to think I heat damaged it or something :D

So the 3 seeds have all sank in the cup of water after about 15 hours and one is showing a little root. I plan to leave them all in there another day then move to a paper towel in a ziploc on the windowsill for one day THEN plant them all in jiffy peat pellets until I can see a root coming out of the pellet.
Ok, I missed the part where you mentioned that the seeds hadn't actually popped tap roots yet, so you're fine there. But one thing to remember is simple is better. For me, the fewer steps in any process the better, so one method or the other is what I would do. Glass of water, or paper towel, but not both. I have litterally had 99% success with the paper towel. The 1% just didn't crack, ever, and never would have as it was a tiny shite of a seed and appeared damaged to begin with. But like I said, lots of folks use the water in a glass with great success. Its a matter of preference.

Few questions on the pellets, after they sprout, do I just water like I would any other plant? or do I just mist them or not water at all? I plan to then transplant when ready from the pellets to 5 gal nursery pots in my 2x4x5 tent.
I have to be honest, I'm not familiar with the Jiffy pellets. That's not to say I don't know what they are, I just have no personal experience with them. But, I would think that as long as you get them all to take root and seem to be thriving, you'd be fine to transplant into the 5 gal pots within a week. Actually, the sooner the better with autos as I've come to find out, as they really need to be well seated and producing their roots early, without any shock, to produce properly.
Your tent sounds fine for autos.
As for misting, I never do it, but some people do. I suppose it depends on how high, or low your relative humidity is in the room/tent. I know that your ac will likely remove some of the humidity from your room, but I don't know what you're starting with so I can't give you an idea of how much it will remove. My RH here is constantly low, like 20 on average and never higher than 35%-40% with the lights on, and I never mist. Some people like to use a dome, and if you're worried about RH during early stages of growth, a tupperware container, or clear 2L bottle cut in half might work as a humidity dome for you.
I am using happy frog organic potting soil with 1 cup blood meal 1 cup bone meal 1 cup kelp meal and 1 cup horse shit(dehydrated lol) will this soil burn the plant? If so what can I do? I was thinking of just moving from jiffy pellets to a clear cup for a few days or so and then transplanting to 5 gal in hopes they are strong enough and water with superthrive for the very first transplant watering to get them up and going.
Here's another subject that I'm not educated enough in-Amendments to soil-
I do know that Happy Frog is great for seed starts, as it is really mild where nute are concerned so it won't burn the plants on its own. What I don't have experience in is adding blood meal or bone meal to my soil. Blood meal will add nitrogen to the soil, which you DO need right away to spur growth, and should not burn the plants provided the amount you added per gallon of soil is not too high. What I don't know is what amount of blood meal is appropriate for your needs.
Bone meal will add calcium and phosphorus, and slightly lower amounts of magnesium and a few other things I think...And I don't believe it will burn the plants either, being that it is in the form of bone meal.
Both blood and bone will be broken down more slowly in the soil, making it less available to the plants than soluble or liquid ferts, so should be fine...Again, though, I am by no means an expert on any of this, so keep researching!

the tent is cooled by my ac unit, i put a cardboard box around the unit and sealed it all up, then cut a 4 inch hole and vented it into the tent, put the ac on automatic and viola, it cools down the room automatically when it gets to hot, or just leave it on nd voila, all heat problems terminated. Before I did that I was runnin 90's in there, then used some ducting for the reflector and added an exhaust fan for the entire tent, now its almost too cold so I had to tone down the AC.
Sounds good:high-five:
I tend to extremely overthink things, thanks for your time man I reaally hope you help me out! :Namaste::thanks:
Yes, we ALL tend to "overthink" and "overlove" our plants, especially in the early stages of learning how to grow. I still do it, but not to the extent that I used to. I still look in on my plants 2-6 times a day, but am much less anxious about them on a regular basis than I used to be. Please do remember to be patient, and your plants will thank you. They are a hardy creature, and can take some abuse, but attempting to "correct" them can sometimes do more harm than good.
Well thank you for reading it all, I know what you mean about it taking a while to read sometimes, I spend way too long catching up on journals sometimes too, 100s of pages some of them are!
Thank you kindly, we are very excited:Namaste:
No worries bud, it takes a lot to open up on a forum and ask for help. I gave you +Reps for going about it the right way. You provided me with at least the basics of your setup, including the type of soil you're using etc. before you asked any questions. Some people will literally jum on someone's journal sometimes, and ask ridiculous questions like, "Hey, my plants dont look so good, should I give them more nutes?" And, "Hey, I think my plants are dying, what should I do??"....Uh, scrap 'em and read for a while before you try to grow any more, is what I'd like to say lol....I read journals here and did a whole grow before I even started posting. So, good start to your membership here:bravo:
First, cloning is not an option with autos my friend. They are on a timer that starts the day they break ground, and go straight into flower. They do exhibit what looks like a veg period for the first few weeks, but their hormonal function is a bit different than Indicas and Sativas in that, they are attempting to survive, by flowering as quickly as possible. Their focus is to produce enough roots to take up enough nutrients to produce enough flower to catch pollen and reprduce....So, the fact that their primary focus is to produce flower, the whole rooting of clones may be next to impossible-Just for the record, I am NOT saying that an autoflowering plant cannot be cloned, just that it would be a complete waste of time from a production standpoint. Ive heard that autos actually die off after flower, whereas with indicas and Sativas, a re-veg is very do-able. Come to think of it, though, I've never actually seen anyone attempt to re-veg an auto. It'd definitely be a "just for fun" type of thing to try. I would think that cloning would be useless, if even possible. (I would love to see someone do it though!)
Second, an auto flowering plant does not need to have an uninterrupted 12 hours of light to flower. I am under 18/6 right now, and am going full force into flower (Update later)
Keep in mind that out of so many thousands of seeds, one or two of them is likely to display something out of the ordinary. Autos are a cross between Indicas and or Sativas, and the Ruderallis. Every now and then, the Ruderallis might just get drowned out by the genes of the other parents in the hybrid, and fail to flower without dark period...Just my hypothesis:smokin:

Dude, your the coolest. Thank you very much, unfortunately I have insomnia and had no bud left so I fell asleep at around 5 am last night :/ I had to wake up at around 10. SO when I did get around to my grow I transferred them from the cup to the paper towel before reading your advice, I plan to only leave it in there for 1 day and I didnt touch the seed when transferring from cup to the paper towel. Honestly, I feel as if the cup method cracks them faster but the paper towel method grows the root faster. For my first grow I moisted a paper towel on a little mini plate(super small) and then put a little sauce bowl on top of it, I would leave it on the windowsill and the bowl would be elevated by a quarter on the plate. I dont really recall how long I left them there but I checked back on them later and the roots were huge! Some were so big I couldn't get them in the rockwool. I have basically found every Afghan Kush Ryder grow journal on the internet and read all of them, yours is easily the best.

ALSO: This site is the best by far, you guys are great!:cheer:

PS: I had the seeds in the cup for 2 days and they all cracked open, two of those little buggers are showing some roots(very small but protruding from the seed) the other one has the seed cracked and you can see the root inside but It hasnt necessarily left the seed yet. Will be transplanting into jiffy peat pellets tommorow, should I leave the t5 24 hours on them? I have just alot of questions because I like to be sure of everything :p

No biggie on asking questions, but, you'll never be sure of everything lol.
Once they pop up, and have cotyledons, also called sun leaves, then yeah, 24h of T5 will make them happy. Please know, too, that this is my first auto grow, period. So Everything I know about AKR is from the last few weeks. So far, they're not a hardy as the Blue Mammoth is about all I know:high-five:

Hope to see you around, and hope all is well in your world.

I wont quote because its so long but thank you a copious amount, I get what you mean with the newbies asking questions without enough background info lol. As for the soil amendments I believe there is a thread here that has a list of most of them and what they do. Actually my friend who grew an auto said its not on a timer but once it reaches a certain height it will switch to flowering, granted, some will flower when very short because of genetics or maybe even human error lol but I am pretty sure he said he has been cloning AKR and that It worked, for the sake of all curious, I will clone the best of my AKR and see how it works out :)

(My friend could be totally bullshitting me by the way he does shit like that all the time so we will see :p )
Should I not have my t5 on before they sprout? I have had it on this whole time and had heat probs because of its heat (being so close to the dome) and the heat mat made it like 90 in the dome so I unplugged the heat mat, opened a window in the room, and put a portable ac unit next to it to regulate the temps when It gets too hot. However I am seeing the boss hogg push its seed up out of the peat pellet with lights on .....

Oh and from someone elses grow journal I read the AKR responds extremely well to supercropping(it could have even been your journal a few pages back lols) if you haven't already I recommend trying this as it should significantly increase your yield.

I wont quote because its so long but thank you a copious amount, I get what you mean with the newbies asking questions without enough background info lol. As for the soil amendments I believe there is a thread here that has a list of most of them and what they do. Actually my friend who grew an auto said its not on a timer but once it reaches a certain height it will switch to flowering, granted, some will flower when very short because of genetics or maybe even human error lol but I am pretty sure he said he has been cloning AKR and that It worked, for the sake of all curious, I will clone the best of my AKR and see how it works out :)

(My friend could be totally bullshitting me by the way he does shit like that all the time so we will see :p )
Should I not have my t5 on before they sprout? I have had it on this whole time and had heat probs because of its heat (being so close to the dome) and the heat mat made it like 90 in the dome so I unplugged the heat mat, opened a window in the room, and put a portable ac unit next to it to regulate the temps when It gets too hot. However I am seeing the boss hogg push its seed up out of the peat pellet with lights on .....

Oh and from someone elses grow journal I read the AKR responds extremely well to supercropping(it could have even been your journal a few pages back lols) if you haven't already I recommend trying this as it should significantly increase your yield.
Ha, that's hilarious about your buddy...Don't we ALL know someone who seems to BS on the regular?? Lol.
Bro, to completely honest, I could be totally wrong about cloning autos, but I would LOVE to see it done...Hell, a perpetual grow cycle that flowers in like 45 days each batch, X10 or so...Ah never mind, there's plenty of other ways to do that:rofl:

I'm no pro by any stretch of the imagination, and encourage someone with more knowledge on the subject to chime in. What I do know, is that auto flowering strains will flower based on time, and possible environmental conditions, not heigth. I managed to eff this grow up, by planting into OLD FF Happy Frog soil, with too much moisture, which stunted the plants' growth. They should be a foot tall by now, and are half that size, but are flowering nonetheless. They don't care how tall they are. They will also flower under 24/0.
The reason I know it was the soil compaction and condition that stunted them, is that I am running one plant that is not an auto, that I've grown before and know pretty well. The ChemWreck Kush. That plant is the same size as the others, and well behind her 4 week benchmark.

On another note, I do think that you can save yourself the heat battle and some electricity by leaving the T5 off. If there are no plants to use the light, you're just burning hours off the lif of your bulbs. But it sounds like you have one breaking ground, so now you need it on. Food for thought on the next run though.
As for super cropping, I won't be doing that at all for several reasons.
First, these plants are not even remotely tall enough, or hardened enough for that type of training. My 600 watt metal halide has full penetration to the lower levels of the plant, because these dang plants are only 5" tall!!
Second, while super cropping is not the MOST stressful type or training, it IS stressfull to a plant of this size. Furthermore, any stress you put on an auto wil signifigantly reduce your yield.
Third, I prefer to see how a plant grows naturally, before I attempt any type of training, in order that I better understand what type of training that particular plant will benefit from most....Well, at least this run anyway. The best auto runs I've ever seen, were those where the grower was able to provide the plant with the best possible growing conditions, and just left the plant alone....
Sorry if I sound crass, I really just haven't seen evidence of autos doing well with any kind of training, and have always read that autos cannot be cloned, and that they are on a timer with regard to flowering...We'll find all this out together I suppose, huh?:Namaste:

hey quix i was thinking on autos a bit as i just popped some ,and something i wanted to share with you about them one thing we do wrong most of us is changing the nutes to flowering too soon, since they are growing and flowering at the same time they need more N because they are still "vegging " it is a prime reason many growers see very low yeilds ,they cut off the nitrogen so soon they never reach their potential, in fact the heaviest plants are some i kept in the veg tent and because i was forgetful i just kept using the veg nutes on them till the end they were the biggest and best autos i had done, so i researched it and sure enough they do need more nitro all the way thru it makes sense if you think about how fast they finish they dont ever really get to that late part of summer/fall and the natural change that occurs in the ground, i think they can be an excellent regular crop once we get all the parameters dialed in and understand the differences, so i keep the veg nutes N in particular up all the way thru, and just up the bloom and boosters as directed
did i make sense? they look good btw:thumb:

hey quix i was thinking on autos a bit as i just popped some ,and something i wanted to share with you about them one thing we do wrong most of us is changing the nutes to flowering too soon, since they are growing and flowering at the same time they need more N because they are still "vegging " it is a prime reason many growers see very low yeilds ,they cut off the nitrogen so soon they never reach their potential, in fact the heaviest plants are some i kept in the veg tent and because i was forgetful i just kept using the veg nutes on them till the end they were the biggest and best autos i had done, so i researched it and sure enough they do need more nitro all the way thru it makes sense if you think about how fast they finish they dont ever really get to that late part of summer/fall and the natural change that occurs in the ground, i think they can be an excellent regular crop once we get all the parameters dialed in and understand the differences, so i keep the veg nutes N in particular up all the way thru, and just up the bloom and boosters as directed
did i make sense? they look good btw:thumb:

YEP! You made perfect sense:high-five: I did some of the same reading recently. That's why I just moved up to the "Aggressive Growth" Feeding of BPN Yesterday, and will continue as such until the last week or so. I'm also thinking of doing the whole run with my MH bulb, rather than switching to HPS now that they're in flower. I probably won't start the Snowstorm until week 4 of flower either. Poor things, they never get that nice 4 week veg that the norms get. But the ChemWreck Kush will be taking advantage of the veg lighting cycle AND light spectrum, while these flower out. Once the autos finish, I can flip to HPS AND flower feeding schedule for her, and am expectant of good things from her (providing she is a she:;):) At 18/6, I'm hoping she'll at least express sex within the next two weeks. If she's a he, he'll go into the garage under 125w CFL until the GDP grow that follows. This ChemWreck Kush is a STINKER, and would love to cross it with GDP!:high-five:

:Namaste:

Ha, that's hilarious about your buddy...Don't we ALL know someone who seems to BS on the regular?? Lol.
Bro, to completely honest, I could be totally wrong about cloning autos, but I would LOVE to see it done...Hell, a perpetual grow cycle that flowers in like 45 days each batch, X10 or so...Ah never mind, there's plenty of other ways to do that:rofl:

I'm no pro by any stretch of the imagination, and encourage someone with more knowledge on the subject to chime in. What I do know, is that auto flowering strains will flower based on time, and possible environmental conditions, not heigth. I managed to eff this grow up, by planting into OLD FF Happy Frog soil, with too much moisture, which stunted the plants' growth. They should be a foot tall by now, and are half that size, but are flowering nonetheless. They don't care how tall they are. They will also flower under 24/0.
The reason I know it was the soil compaction and condition that stunted them, is that I am running one plant that is not an auto, that I've grown before and know pretty well. The ChemWreck Kush. That plant is the same size as the others, and well behind her 4 week benchmark.

On another note, I do think that you can save yourself the heat battle and some electricity by leaving the T5 off. If there are no plants to use the light, you're just burning hours off the lif of your bulbs. But it sounds like you have one breaking ground, so now you need it on. Food for thought on the next run though.
As for super cropping, I won't be doing that at all for several reasons.
First, these plants are not even remotely tall enough, or hardened enough for that type of training. My 600 watt metal halide has full penetration to the lower levels of the plant, because these dang plants are only 5" tall!!
Second, while super cropping is not the MOST stressful type or training, it IS stressfull to a plant of this size. Furthermore, any stress you put on an auto wil signifigantly reduce your yield.
Third, I prefer to see how a plant grows naturally, before I attempt any type of training, in order that I better understand what type of training that particular plant will benefit from most....Well, at least this run anyway. The best auto runs I've ever seen, were those where the grower was able to provide the plant with the best possible growing conditions, and just left the plant alone....
Sorry if I sound crass, I really just haven't seen evidence of autos doing well with any kind of training, and have always read that autos cannot be cloned, and that they are on a timer with regard to flowering...We'll find all this out together I suppose, huh?:Namaste:

Haha yeah hopefully, I will supercrop one, LST one and leave another alone for a test so we can see what works best for this strain. Will post results with some pics too.
I've heard that as well, autos dont like stress at all but I saw some INSANE pics, of before and after super cropping (he didnt do it to all the branches just the tallest one) and it made the smaller branches that produce fluff nugs die off and new ones sprouted out forming a "carpet" of colas as he called it and boy thats what it was, I am going to finish my steak now but I will find the pic of the supercropped AKR to show you my friend, it made a believer out of me.
:peace:
edit:I planned to do a perpetual by having autos and regs grow together in the same tent by switching light timer to 12/12 after harvesting the akr just switch light to 12/12 for regs and monsters appear, of course taking clones of both will ensure an endless cycle ;D

Back
Top Bottom