Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth - LA Diva & Afghan Kush Ryder

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

YEP! You made perfect sense:high-five: I did some of the same reading recently. That's why I just moved up to the "Aggressive Growth" Feeding of BPN Yesterday, and will continue as such until the last week or so. I'm also thinking of doing the whole run with my MH bulb, rather than switching to HPS now that they're in flower. I probably won't start the Snowstorm until week 4 of flower either. Poor things, they never get that nice 4 week veg that the norms get. But the ChemWreck Kush will be taking advantage of the veg lighting cycle AND light spectrum, while these flower out. Once the autos finish, I can flip to HPS AND flower feeding schedule for her, and am expectant of good things from her (providing she is a she:;):) At 18/6, I'm hoping she'll at least express sex within the next two weeks. If she's a he, he'll go into the garage under 125w CFL until the GDP grow that follows. This ChemWreck Kush is a STINKER, and would love to cross it with GDP!:high-five:

:Namaste:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe its best to just use the HPS all the way through for autos, I am using a Super HPS hortilux eye blue or whatever 400w bulb. They are pretty expensive actually compared to any old bulb because they have the blue spectrum as well and I got 2 for free along with a box of nutes when I got my grow light from a friend, pretty good deal, air cooled hood, magnetic ballast.

Which plant would you say is doing best now?

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

Haha yeah hopefully, I will supercrop one, LST one and leave another alone for a test so we can see what works best for this strain. Will post results with some pics too.
I've heard that as well, autos dont like stress at all but I saw some INSANE pics, of before and after super cropping (he didnt do it to all the branches just the tallest one) and it made the smaller branches that produce fluff nugs die off and new ones sprouted out forming a "carpet" of colas as he called it and boy thats what it was, I am going to finish my steak now but I will find the pic of the supercropped AKR to show you my friend, it made a believer out of me.
:peace:
edit:I planned to do a perpetual by having autos and regs grow together in the same tent by switching light timer to 12/12 after harvesting the akr just switch light to 12/12 for regs and monsters appear, of course taking clones of both will ensure an endless cycle ;D

You should totally start a journal! I know for a fact that there would be tons of people interested in the comparison between different training styles, as well as cloning of autos. It very well may be the start of something new in the community

The blue mammoth one looks good :).

Thanks Jimmy, hope you are well:Namaste:

hey quix i was thinking on autos a bit as i just popped some ,and something i wanted to share with you about them one thing we do wrong most of us is changing the nutes to flowering too soon, since they are growing and flowering at the same time they need more N because they are still "vegging " it is a prime reason many growers see very low yeilds ,they cut off the nitrogen so soon they never reach their potential, in fact the heaviest plants are some i kept in the veg tent and because i was forgetful i just kept using the veg nutes on them till the end they were the biggest and best autos i had done, so i researched it and sure enough they do need more nitro all the way thru it makes sense if you think about how fast they finish they dont ever really get to that late part of summer/fall and the natural change that occurs in the ground, i think they can be an excellent regular crop once we get all the parameters dialed in and understand the differences, so i keep the veg nutes N in particular up all the way thru, and just up the bloom and boosters as directed
did i make sense? they look good btw:thumb:

That is an important point bid, IMHO it's a key concept to growing...period. The plant has requirements, regardless of it's stage of growth, when a person gets intimate with a particular strain they can understand the plants needs and provide them just before the signs show that the plant is in need of them....( sorry about word choices and run on sentences) if we can accomplish this our plants will spend less time recovering from a shortage of reqmnts and more time growing uninterrupted.

Hey all, thanks for the support, you guys are great.
Moving forward, The update is small......
5.5 weeks from dry seed, flower has set in....
ChemWreck, who is not an auto, got her first topping yesterday, at the third node. She seems to be ok with the 18/6 light schedule, but it is obvious that 24/0 will always be my prefered veg schedule.
The Afghan Kush Ryders are my least favorite of the bunch. They seem to be weaker, and less vigorous. One of them has been a runt from the get, but she's gonna get run the whole way through regardless. The Blue Mammoths on the other hand, are a hardy strain, that recover quickly from stress, and are just larger in size.
LA Diva, man I wish she'd get bigger. She smells the strongest, and the odor is lovely....
P3310006.JPG

P3310001.JPG

Afghan Kush Ryder runt....
P3310005.JPG

Blue Mammoth...
P3310004.JPG

ChemWreck Kush after topping...
P3310002.JPG

Hope all is well in your worlds:Namaste:

Oh an quix nice looking plants man doing great!:thumb:
I think you could try giving the AKR runt some superthrive to boost it or something ya know? I don't know if its safe or not during flower It would probably say on the bottle though. :Namaste:

As for your light cycle, 20/4 works well.

Very Nice looking girls you have there Quix. Liked your comments on each too. It's on Brother!:high-five:
Thanks OMM:high-five:
They're going to be small my friend, from the stress related stunting, but they'll be tasty and get me through until the GDP grow.
I'll be over to see yours shortly:Namaste:

Oh an quix nice looking plants man doing great!:thumb:
I think you could try giving the AKR runt some superthrive to boost it or something ya know? I don't know if its safe or not during flower It would probably say on the bottle though. :Namaste:

As for your light cycle, 20/4 works well.

I am no stranger to Superthrive, and they get it when they need it. Its safe during early stages of flower, but it wont say on the bottle. It was not designed for cannabis, not to mention the fact that it doesn't even list its ingredients. My light cycle is fine.

Nice quixi...+ reps, I want you to notice the leaves on the last pic, the two small leaves on the whole leaf. I have noticed on my plants that they will OFTEN do this when they get a good dose of nutes, mutated margins. The leaves I'm referring to are only affected on those two small leaves, this tells me that I'm very close to maximum nutes, they actually seem to like cringe from the dose...LOL, BUT....they seem to explode with growth shortly after this........... those plants are healthy!

Nice quixi...+ reps, I want you to notice the leaves on the last pic, the two small leaves on the whole leaf. I have noticed on my plants that they will OFTEN do this when they get a good dose of nutes, mutated margins. The leaves I'm referring to are only affected on those two small leaves, this tells me that I'm very close to maximum nutes, they actually seem to like cringe from the dose...LOL, BUT....they seem to explode with growth shortly after this........... those plants are healthy!
Hey there Brother!
Those margins are more "rounded off" than mutated IMO, but I know exactly what you're talking about. The LA Diva, and one of the Afghan Kush Ryders have what I call mutated margins...I'll get you a pic up in a second. But yes, I am pushing them with the BPN, and they still have not burned. My FFOF Soil is hot HOT too, so between that and the heavy feeding of BPN they are definitely on that "edge":high-five:
Thank you for the kind

ChemWreck Kush threw those rounded off leaves the last time I grew her, so I just thought it was strain related. But you say its a sign of heavy nutes huh? Intereting...Thank you for that Mac:high-five:

ChemWreck Kush threw those rounded off leaves the last time I grew her, so I just thought it was strain related. But you say its a sign of heavy nutes huh? Intereting...Thank you for that Mac:high-five:

Right on the edge bro, no burn, just the odd leaves, and they usually go into rapid growth shortly after these signs. just me bro!

Back
Top Bottom