Rascio - It's Growing!

Re: Rascio's Choice

20150811_085739.jpg

Left has the perkiest and shiniest glow

Centre has an asymmetric growth pattern that I'd like to watch develop further.

Right is the prettiest . . .

So who got the pot?

None of the above. I decided to give the soil to one of my young Silver Hazes.

20150812_103708.jpg

I did not manage to cultivate six main colas. I tried to get the lower pair of branches to thicken up by holding back the stuff above. I probably should have tried supercropping instead.

20150812_103837.jpg

So I ended up with a nice structure, but ... I don't think I'll try that again unless I hit the FIM. Thinking of pruning those lower branches as their growth has been eclipsed by secondary branches from the upper four.

20150812_103907.jpg

Two outta three of the Kush cuttings got consolation prizes.

20150812_102633.jpg

Poor little perky is going to have to wait.

Their mum is doing fine:

20150812_011658.jpg

The branch that nearly broke during the suitcase adventure healed will, and is now the strongest branch on the plant.

20150812_011544.jpg

20150812_011249.jpg

20150812_011911.jpg

Some lessons I've learned.

* I should have given her some veg time after training. I did a good job making her bushy, but I think the secondary branches may have grown strongrr if I hadn't put them into flower so soon after training.

* I think it would have been better to leave the MH bulb in for the week or so when I was reducing their day length.

I read somewhere here that with HIDs, it is also good to switch back to MH for the last week or two of flowering. It made sense at the time. Better find the post and decide if I want to do that.

Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Re: Rascio's Choice

Hey Ras...ya eh , should have SC'd that one. It's ok though Ras, you can still even her out. Just come down a node on the leaders and do my squeeze thingy on them. That will slow them down plenty for the others to catch up...if not, do it a second time about a week later. Just a couple thoughts for ya...lookin good though Ras. Cheers pal! :thumb:
just a little thought on that one you broke. This is a good example of how strong they can get when SC'd. or Squeezed when they are young. The squeezed branch will ALWAYS grow bigger and stronger with bigger and more buds. :blunt:

Getting Impatient. Every day I tell myself that in a day or two the flowers will mature. My plants seem to be stalled though.

Latest SH pics:

20150814_222218.jpg

20150814_223329.jpg

20150814_223525.jpg

20150814_223336.jpg

This last was a happy accident.

20150814_222408.jpg

Five days ago:

20150810_012737.jpg

20150810_012455.jpg

20150810_012516.jpg

20150810_012531.jpg

Nine days ago:

20150807_203114.jpg

20150807_203146.jpg

20150807_203218.jpg

Ok thats only a little over a week. Lemme see if I can post my way outta this, this, whatever it is

20150806_224458.jpg

20150806_224545.jpg

20150801_2137061.jpg

Yeah.

There oughta be more change in 2 weeks following the last CD feeding. I feel that something ain't clicking, I dunno what it is. Probably a good thing that I have no idea, if I did I'd probably start doing stuff.

I still hold faith that all will be well. Both girls are drinking about a gallon a day, Maybe 1 1/2. They have dried out a couple times during flower beyond where I like, but they haven't been parched. I just don't know. Had another very warm week last week.

How do flowering pot plants behave when its too warm for too long?

Oh and there will be another stealth adventure next week. Maybe my girls are smarter than me, as usual. Maybe they're waiting til the coast is clear before putting on the stink . . .

Maybe you're right. They're an incredible species, but I'm pretty sure predictive behavior is overstepping the bounds of reasonable expectation. Could just be they're getting ready to bust out and go hog wild on you. Give it time Rascio. It takes time.

Hopefully someone with actual experience in these things can offer you some constructive advice. All I can do is encourage you to hang tight and don't do anything. Unless someone gives you really great advice. Then do that.
It's late. I'm starting to get tired and I'm not quite high enough, so let me attend to that injustice.

Have a good night. I hope someone hears your subtle cry for consultation. :hug:

Mornin Ras, lookin good brotha....don't fret about the stall. They are doing very well. What i'de do is continue with a good bit of G.E. and continue giving 1/4 Trans every time. Don't worry about them slowing down a lil., theyl'e be fine. Looks like you've done a great job so far....be patient pal! Don't start giving massive doses of anything....see if you can keep the leaves all green, your brix will remain hi if you don't start messin around too much with them. Cheers pal, and have an awesome day! :high-five:

Hi friends,

No update lately for technical reasons. Good news is a fix is in the mail. I should be able to transfer my pics from the better camera too.

It was making me sad holding on to higher quality photos and not being able to share.

Oh! About my recent angst re: lack of frosties. At least part of this is because of poor picture quality. Stupid, right?

I took some steady macro photos of my plant's flower tops yesterday, and with a little zoom zoom they appear as frosty as I can hope for. I was fretting over comparing my shaky low res phone photos to the higher res steady shots of other people. That and a realization that my up close vision has degraded noticeably in the last few years made me think my plants weren't producing. Silly.

The haze plant is showing a lot of yellowing of fan leaves, and also some brown tips.

I got a new bag of EWC yesterday, and applied a 1-2" top dress to both flowering plants. Some of you may recall that I mixed my soil on the light side, EWC-wise, and have stubbornly kept it that way so far. Well I caved yesterday, and also raised the worm casting content of the second half of my soil to the upper side.

Directions call for 20-40 lb. EWC per bale of promix. The first half batch got a little over 10 lb, and the total for the second batch is now just shy of 20 lb.

This second brand I am using feels much richer than the first kind I tried. Hope I'm allowed to post this.

Home - Badger Ridge Greenhouse - Garden Supplies for Your Spring Planting ? It?s well worth the drive

Hah, might not be worth the drive for some of you . . .

Anyhow, pics to come. Super-stealth adventures for all tomorrow. Fun fun.

I always manage to stumble through your door on my way to bed. You're always good for a chuckle, which goes a long way for me, today in particular. So we're trying to deny middle age is taking a toll, are we? Ha! I didn't get examined for glasses until I punched someone else's time card! Then I discovered how many lines I'd been leaving out of tattoo designs. :straightface: Yeah, life is a never-ending challenge that we get to learn to laugh at.

You do a fairly decent job of seeing the quirky side of life. :laughtwo: I can't see trichomes at all without zoom. I love the zoom feature. Can't wait to see your fabulous pictures.

Goodnight Rascio. Glad I stopped. :love:

See? Here I am again, 2:47 in the morning, stumbling to bed (fatigue, not impaired :laughtwo: - well, maybe a little - yeah ) and checking to see if you're still around.

Quiet here tonight. OK, good night. :love:

LOOKING GOOD SETTING UP MY COT SO i CAN SMELL THE GOODNESS damn WHERE IS THAT SMELL-A-VISION
SORRY FOR THE CAP;OCK MY OLD EYES AINT WHAT THEY USED TO BE

Still no pics!

New phone is 'out for delivery', so that'll be tomorrow.

Did a lot of rearranging, repotting, etc. when putting the grow back together last night.

I might regret this, but i'm going to try physically moving my two flowering plants into the smaller tent for their dark period from here til harvest. I don't have enough light aside from my HID to keep all my little ones happy in the 2×4 right now, so ....

All plants will get their light in the 5×5, and I'll shuttle the flowering ladies fir their sleep. Some days, because of scheduling, they'll get 14 hours dark. Most days I'll be able to keep up with the current 12:20 dark.

I connected the exhaust port of the 2×4 to one of the cool tube ports of the 5×5, and now my fan/filter is happily sucking in the walls of both tents.

Kinked one of the haze branches pretty thoroughly when packing. She's splinted up and on the mend. Neither plant liked the second suitcase adventure, and both will require staking now. One of these days I'll be able to walk to the edge of my plantation and cut some lengths of bamboo. For now i'll go see if theres something at the dollar store.

Happy fried day all, and a great weekend!

Cheers! :peace::blunt::passitleft:

Oh the "shuffle". We've all been there or somewhere close. Isn't it amazing what we'll do for these creatures? :rofl:

Hope it works out, Ras! Have a splendid weekend :blunt:

I like the reference to the "plantation". The image that flashed through my mind at that one..... Ooo la la!!!

So I'm awake, it seems.
Turns out, the silver haze was injured in several places when she had to hide last week. Coming off off that, and entering a period of cooler temps, the branches sorta softened. I couldn't splint three or four if them well, because they were kinking mid-bud.

Probably could have been prevented by staking earlier. Anyhow, I think I have her pipes mostly unkinked. Wish I could give her a few hours more light but she'll be back in the dark by 04:20 at the latest (or I'll be late for work).

Hope you all have a leisurely Sunday morning.

Don't think I'm whinging. I really like my Sunday mornings at work. The place is busy and usually there's lots of eager volunteers, so those days my job is kinda like being a party host. And I get to look forward to a big doobie early this afternoon, and some quality time with the garden.

Maybe some of has will be up by then to join me.

2:30 in the morning and on my way to bed. What is it that compels me to stop here on my way? Curious.

You're quiet tonight. I'm bleary-eyed and can't see any more. See you tomorrow. :battingeyelashes:

gm ras things are looking good here in your yard you will find me sleeping in here smelling the love

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom