Rascio - It's Growing!

How would you do that?

I'm headed out to dinner on the river. I'll check back. :ciao: :love:

i just put the buds in a jar with some cleaned and chopped basil. Might get a bit moist but the buds are over dry to start.

Interesting. How long before an initial taste?

its bizarre how scent identification works.

I spent some time yesterday with my nose in fresh cut swert Italian basil. Then today I read that article on the chemicals in basil, and one that jumped out was bergamot. This is of course the flower that makes Earl Gray tea different from other teas. Yesterday I never made the connection. Today, when I smell my fresh basil the smell of earl gray tea almost knocks me over .

Interesting. How long before an initial taste?

In no time at all. Just rolled a small joint cut from one of the basil buds. The basil smell (including the bergamot) is mixed in with the diesel fuel (more like kerosene really) and peppery smell of the priginal bud. They fluffed up quite a bit in the few hours in the jar, but not too moist to smoke.

I'm smoking Diesel for the first time (gifted, and oh so appreciative!!!). This wouldn't be my first choice. I tend towards sweeter taste and zippier buzz (as you well know). I wonder if I could modify the taste with something other than basil? :hmmmm:

i just put the buds in a jar with some cleaned and chopped basil. Might get a bit moist but the buds are over dry to start.

Curious to know how this works. I've heard of people adding orange peels to the jars for taste and moisture. But I've also heard that it's not very effective.
Anxious to hear your opinion :high-five::adore:

curious to know how this works. I've heard of people adding orange peels to the jars for taste and moisture. But i've also heard that it's not very effective.
Anxious to hear your opinion :high-five::adore:

It worked for me. Restoring moisture and adding a little flavour, at least.

i'm smoking diesel for the first time (gifted, and oh so appreciative!!!). This wouldn't be my first choice. I tend towards sweeter taste and zippier buzz (as you well know). I wonder if i could modify the taste with something other than basil? :hmmmm:

bubblehash...:love:
:thumb::goof::biglaugh:
Can't argue with that. For the zippier buzz I want to try an alpha-pinene infusion. None of the terpenes I've read about strike me as sweet tasting. I'm intrigued by BrixKlinger's "waffle-house" smelling harvest. I could not find a matching terpene, but there is a chemical called sotelon that's supposed to smell like maple syrup. Its produced by fennel, and apparently some people smell like waffles for days if they put too much fennel in their salad. I wanna see if im one. Worse things could happen to a fella than to smell like waffles for a while.

I think, to give the idea if modifying the buzz a fair shake, I need to try infusing the bud with essential oils. To make flavoured cigars, some people paint the insides of their cigar box with the flavour they're after. Don't see why it wouldn't work for cannabis. Theres a company that sells essential oils specifically for changing the high of cannabis. They recommend just adding a drop or two to the bowl or the paper you use. Like a tincture.

Diesel might not be best to test with. The stuff I have, at least, seems to help with clarity and alertness to start, followed by a pretty powerful sedative effect.

I did have a nap before the half way point testing the basil buds. Maybe it was time for a nap.

Big moving day in the garden today. Got my new 5×5×6'8" tent at last.

Tons of room in there!

20150806_224458.jpg

I can see how a person could fill that tent and grow using a 600w HID .... but nawwwww .... need more lights.

And I need some lighting for the 2×4×5.

I see theres still cheap marshydro panels on flea-bay .... well I have over a week before I can buy anything.

The buds are bulking up nicely. Pistils are all cream or tan now, with orange highlights ... moreso on the haze.

20150806_224545.jpg

But no point talking about colour when showing pics taken under HPS. These wete taken yesterday.

20150806_005429.jpg

20150806_005415.jpg

I'm still waiting on sex parts on the cuttings I took from my young silver hazes. Should be showing soon. I also took more cuttings from SH#6. If she confirms female might try to turn into bonzai mother. Just to see if I can and learn something, mainly.

Busybusybusy

Cheers! :peace::blunt::passitleft:

20150729_143208.jpg

Think I can make a nice eve canopy from this one using gentler methods.

20150729_143308.jpg

Cheers!:peace::passitleft:

Er, do multiple amputations and root trimming count as gentle?

Silver Haze #6, 43?d

20150807_115111.jpg

She ain't too pretty now, but just you wait!

20150807_115137.jpg

20150807_115153.jpg

20150807_115206.jpg

20150807_115359.jpg

20150807_115303.jpg

I have lots of time to play with these, as I don't plan on putting anything more in to flower until the two in there are cut and dried, at the earliest.

Plan on moving to a cooler place to grow. Until then I get to play!
Cheers!:peace::passitleft:

Brought silver haze out for pics. First feeding since cat drenches. They got feedings of 7, then 5, 3, 3, 1 ml cat drench (19 ml total). Today she got 5 ml GE, 1ml transplant, <1ml tea. Oh and another tspn Epsom Salt, ... she got one with last watering too. Seems healthy to me.

20150807_203114.jpg

20150807_203146.jpg

20150807_203218.jpg

20150807_203557.jpg

20150807_203617.jpg

Sensi seeds says 65-75 days. Do these look like half done buds to you? No really, I have no idea. I have followed dozens of grows featuring hundreds of harvests, but it takes first hand experience to gauge how things are coning along. For me, anyhow :blunt:

Also I don't really know how to compare with the Kush.

Guess it doesn't really matter. They're both drinking and throwing pistils and trichomes, so I guess I keep feeding them GE and spraying brix once a week till one or both stop doing at least two of those things.
Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Rascio, do you not alternate Energy with 1/4 Transplant?

Rascio, do you not alternate Energy with 1/4 Transplant?

I haven't been as organized as some folks with my drenches and sprays. Probably I haven't given transplant before in the same watering as the GE. She got a little of both this time ... the plant and the soil get a choice of Chilean and Calcium Nitrates with their fish tonight :party:

Between drenches I have usually given water, sometimes with tea and transplant, sometimes not.

Honestly, though my plants look nice I'm feeling a little insecure about them. At this stage I see a lot more resin and trichomes in other peoples plants. I have their environment in a nice place now (in the 70s with 35-50% rh), but I wonder if all the temp stress they went through in veg and early flower will bite me. I wonder if I'm gonna get buds that are all fluffy and lame. Etc. Etc.

Wow! That's some serious reading. Tell you what, you read and comprehend and I'll ask you questions that you'll be able to answer. Deal?

I like how you think, SweetSue. :blushsmile:

These are typical fears of a new grower. Hell, I bet all growers worry about these things. If it's heat stress I'd figure they just need a teeny bit more time to feel they can trust you to maintain the balance. You should expect copious amounts of resin to appear. Patience.

I haven't been as organized as some folks with my drenches and sprays. Probably I haven't given transplant before in the same watering as the GE. She got a little of both this time ... the plant and the soil get a choice of Chilean and Calcium Nitrates with their fish tonight :party:

Between drenches I have usually given water, sometimes with tea and transplant, sometimes not.

Honestly, though my plants look nice I'm feeling a little insecure about them. At this stage I see a lot more resin and trichomes in other peoples plants. I have their environment in a nice place now (in the 70s with 35-50% rh), but I wonder if all the temp stress they went through in veg and early flower will bite me. I wonder if I'm gonna get buds that are all fluffy and lame. Etc. Etc.

have you done any Cat regimen yet? The Super Silver should be a true Sativa that takes a minute to frost, its building "preflowers" like crazy!

Here are the cuttings that I took from my juvenile silver haze plants and put in the flower tent (11:40/12:20) on July 24.

20150808_223527.jpg

20150808_223544.jpg

20150808_223725.jpg

20150808_223903.jpg

Its times like this when I really want to set up my good camera. I have a decent one that takes lovely pics In macro mode but right now I lack a way to get those to my journal. Might have to prioritise a little tablet or something to fix that, before I resume putting every last disposable cent Into my grow.

Anyhow, I *think* I see pistils on both of them. I took two cuttings of each plant. All were in water with a little roots and a drop of tea until 3-4 days ago. They looked like they might die so I put the two with little nubs in dirt.

Oh and apparently I need bifocals.

I feel a bit embarrassed about leaking silly insecurities over what are some fine, healthy, flowering cannabis plants. They have 4-5 weeks to go and a lot can happen in that time.

In the last couple days I've looked over some early grow journals written by some of the coolest cats on the forums, and I see similar doubts and misgivings at all stages of development over plants that turn out fabulous harvests.

So that makes me feel better.

Anyhow, my cuttings go back in with the big girls. Probably tomorrow even these fuzzy eyes and phone lenses will show.

Cheers all! Hope you're having a fine weekend. :peace::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom