Rascio - It's Growing!

looooooooking good

looked in my flower room the other morning and found one of my plants pushing up white hairy looking lumps ( buds) all over the place:cheer::blunt:

getting ready for Kia

Some stealth challenges today.
There will be an exterminator in my tiny apartment tomorrow. And she'll be bringing Kia, a bed-bug sniffing dog. Apparently bed bugs were found in one of the suites in the building. Lovely.

So, I have had maintenance people in before. It was a pain, but manageable. I stowed my plants and gear in totes, waited for them to come, and unpacked when they were done.

My biggest plant looked like this, then.

20150627_212718.jpg

My preliminary plan:

I have two large suitcases that may serve as a hideout for a few hours. The smartpots are going to get squished a bit, one of them more than the other.

I have to think about how best to do this without damaging the plants. Any suggestions are welcome.

Another little wrinkle: the inspection will begin an hour or two after lights out. I will have to either leave them in their hiding place until the evening, or risk screwing up their photoperiod by unpacking them in the day.

Sigh

Re: getting ready for Kia

I have to think about how best to do this without damaging the plants. Any suggestions are welcome.

Another little wrinkle: the inspection will begin an hour or two after lights out. I will have to either leave them in their hiding place until the evening, or risk screwing up their photoperiod by unpacking them in the day.

Sigh

RE: photoperiod stress: I find that small doses of necessary light are harmless. When I see ppl with hermied out rooms or other versions of photoperiod stress (stacked nodes, preflower) it has to do with these 2 possibilities:

-prolonged light leak ignored/neglected for several days or weeks
-actually changing the photoperiod incorrectly between veg and flower
-timer mistakes

I do not see photoperiod stress caused by:

-taking pictures at night with a flash
-using a headlamp or something to perform tasks in the garden in the dark for 15-30 minutes
-exposing your plants to daylight for 3 minutes while u unpack them from their hiding spot and put them back in the dark room

Lightning storms and full moons are normal parts of plant life and they do just fine.

Data is experiential, not a scientist.

I like the way you put that, Rascio - I never really thought of it that way, but you're right - it is a sort of wound up coil that we let go. :cheesygrinsmiley: In fact, I'd like to find the biochemistry behind loading the cation receptors before pulling the trigger. In my 6 gallon pots, I usually run out of oomph before I go back to Energy.

. . . :slide:

So would I! I wonder what it is that we run out of. Could it be as simple as available surface area for adhesion by the ions.

So many different things going on in a living soil. Have to pick and choose what questions to follow in depth. Lately I'm caught up in the fascinating world of terpenoids.

So while I'm getting the place ready for Kia and her attendants, a little update on the youngsters.

#7 topped nicely, I am now holding back the top two pairs of branches to promote the third. Trying for a six cola plant.

20150729_141729.jpg

I know the yoga looks uncomfortable, but they really seem to love it.

20150729_141846.jpg

Number 6 ... still think there's something special about this one. Definitely missed the FIM, topped it normally the other day and took cuttings.

20150729_143208.jpg

Think I can make a nice eve canopy from this one using gentler methods.

20150729_143308.jpg

And my Kush cuttings are growing in soil, but slowly.

20150729_170633.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers!:peace::passitleft:

They may be growing slowly, but the look very nice. So you missed the FIM? That's too funny Rascio. :laughtwo:

Now I'm really stepping away from the lighted screen and going to bed. Dammit, you guys are distracting! :battingeyelashes: :hug:

LOL, ingenious! :thumb:

And, heheh, I got a kick out if the missed FIM, too. You Fimmed the FIM ... :laughtwo:

Well, Kia found no bugs. :cheer:

My first thought when I was given notice of the inspection was 'yeah and what else will she sniff for.' After reflection, realized the dog would be no trouble. If the dog also alerted for drugs, she wouldn't be able to do her job. Probably she smelled my plants before she walked in the building.

Anyhow, lets hope the building managers don't find another excuse to intrude before I have nugs in a jar.

Plants seemed to fare well in their suitcases.

20150730_144421.jpg

Don't think the suitcase LST method will find much use after this.

Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Im glad the day passed with no complications. Nice work on the ultra stealth you had going on there.

Whew!!! Deep breath, a couple more hits and maybe, just maybe bed.

I'm happy for you. It wouldn't be as easy for me to go stealthy with a tent. Gives me pause sometimes, but what the hey?

So all that went down in between cat drenches. They got #2 last night. First was 7ml per plant and second was 5ml.
Was I supposed to water in between? Well it doesn't matter now, I suppose.

The Haze perked right up under the lights, the Kush is struggling a bit to right herself. One of her main stems kinked in confinement, so I splinted it with a piece of skewer and a couple zip ties. Pics to follow.

Cheers! :peace::blunt::passitleft:

So all that went down in between cat drenches. They got #2 last night. First was 7ml per plant and second was 5ml.
Was I supposed to water in between? Well it doesn't matter now, I suppose.

The Haze perked right up under the lights, the Kush is struggling a bit to right herself. One of her main stems kinked in confinement, so I splinted it with a piece of skewer and a couple zip ties. Pics to follow.

Cheers! :peace::blunt::passitleft:

CAT drenches are back to back. The next drench would be water and Tea only. Well done sir. Impressed I am. I'm coming into the opinion that every thrifty gardener should keep some pipe cleaners handy for moments like these. Zip ties might be too confining for a growing girl, although you won't need to leave it on for long I guess.

I need to get myself some crafty pipe cleaners I'll be right past that store today. Thanks for reminding me. :love:

Would love to do exactly that. Indoors and out. Finally got around to paying for seeds I ordered a month ago. Ace seeds tropical mix (×10), utopia haze (fem.×2), carnival (fem.×2) will be here soon.

Actually smoking some decent weed bought on the open market lately. Definitely some kind of diesel. Really like the front part of the high, but has a pretty powerful crash factor creep into it after an hour or two.
woke up before 8 today, settled the ladies in for their night, had a little wake and bake, and now im on the bus over an hour late for work. Takes some special circumstances to sleep in for a shift that starts at one pm.

Silver Haze is developing some serious attitude. The lack of pollen in the room is really pissing her off. Tonight, she demanded a solo performance.

20150801_213706.jpg

20150801_213719.jpg

This one makes me happy. There's about 12 g in the bag.

20150801_213810.jpg

20150801_213920.jpg

20150801_213935.jpg

20150801_213935-z.jpg

You can sorta see one here, too.

20150801_213730.jpg

Tempted to give more ammonia. First was 7 ml, second was 5 ml. I don't think another 3 ml would hurt. Whatcha think?

20150801_214043.jpg

Its a good thing when they start talking back, right?[

Cheers! :blunt::peace::passitleft:

When they start talking back at you I want to be smoking what you were at that time. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom