Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

With the weekend of rain approaching I decided it was best to chop the NL.
Here's a few farewell pictures.

20211007_141511.jpg

Hydroponics. Am I doing it right?
20211007_141444.jpg

Here's a picture of a leaf growing a leaf.
20211007_142024.jpg

And of course here's some bud shots.
20211007_141743.jpg

20211007_141554.jpg

Removing all the rot added a lot of work to my already slow routine but I managed to do about 90% of the trimming so far. There's about 5 clothes hangars full of buds hanging at the moment. I kept more leaf on during the trimming than I usually like to but I would've been disappointed with the yield otherwise and I know a lot of the flavor comes from the sugar leaves anyway. She has an interesting orange peal like terpene to her.

For those wondering what I did with the Platinum OG, I jarred it. Ya, not my smartest decision and I've had to remove a few questionable buds but it could've went a lot worse. I probably should've just froze it or decarbed it for edibles... She has a lemon meringue or lemonade smell to her which I thought was pretty neat. I can't really comment on the effects of either but have sampled both of them and did catch a buzz.

With the weekend of rain approaching I decided it was best to chop the NL.
Here's a few farewell pictures.

20211007_141511.jpg

Hydroponics. Am I doing it right?
20211007_141444.jpg

Here's a picture of a leaf growing a leaf.
20211007_142024.jpg

And of course here's some bud shots.
20211007_141743.jpg

20211007_141554.jpg

Removing all the rot added a lot of work to my already slow routine but I managed to do about 90% of the trimming so far. There's about 5 clothes hangars full of buds hanging at the moment. I kept more leaf on during the trimming than I usually like to but I would've been disappointed with the yield otherwise and I know a lot of the flavor comes from the sugar leaves anyway. She has an interesting orange peal like terpene to her.

For those wondering what I did with the Platinum OG, I jarred it. Ya, not my smartest decision and I've had to remove a few questionable buds but it could've went a lot worse. I probably should've just froze it or decarbed it for edibles... She has a lemon meringue or lemonade smell to her which I thought was pretty neat. I can't really comment on the effects of either but have sampled both of them and did catch a buzz.

That Platinum sounds interesting. And yep. Nothing wrong with catching a buzz that’s for sure.

Five full coat hangers seems a decent amount - a few good ounces. Nice work! The trichs all look ripe.

Wish I was there to give it a hoon with you. And pick up more hydro tips ;)

Well, I'm so glad that it's finally over. The last few days of trimming were especially terrible and not something I want to repeat, at least not anytime soon. It's tedious combing through each bud looking for rot and not easy to throw most of it away. That's what happened though. She started going downhill while I was busy trimming the NL and considering she would've been the better yielder and better produce, I feel like maybe I made the wrong call chopping the NL first. I ended up with lots of stuff in the trim pile from this lady though and now I just need to marry a woman who cooks. I wanted to do a goodbye for her with a few photos before the chop but unfortunately that never happened. Here's what the Zkittlez yielded wet plus 2 hangars worth. Not even a single cola was salvageable. She'll hang out for a week before getting jarred.
20211017_000849.jpg

20211016_235400.jpg

20211017_002259.jpg

This is what the Northern Lights yielded dry... Yes, it looks terrible. Which pile is the pile of larf? It's a trick question.
I didn't bother weighing it but if someone wants to know I can.
20211016_235332.jpg

In a few weeks I'll probably fire up the FC3000 and two TS600s from @Mars Hydro in my 4x4. I gave someone some cuttings in august and although I could have another go with these four ladies (Platinum OG, Cherry Pie, Northern Lights, Zkittlez), I'm still undecided. I'll probably start a new journal when I make up my mind. On to better things.

Pictures are spread out over a few days and quality is lacking but honestly I couldn't care less. I just want this grow to end. Two weeks to go or so before I cull them.

Zkittlez
Sprouted: Thu Apr 15 2021 (166 days, 23.71 weeks, 5.93 months)
Pistils: Thu Aug 05 2021 (54 days, 7.71 weeks, 1.93 months)
End ~=: Thu Oct 07 2021 | in 9 days (period of 9 weeks)
20210923_155435.jpg

20210923_155524.jpg

20210923_155536.jpg

20210928_143336.jpg

Northern Lights
Sprouted: Thu Apr 15 2021 (166 days, 23.71 weeks, 5.93 months)
Pistils: Fri Aug 20 2021 (39 days, 5.57 weeks, 1.39 months)
End ~=: Fri Oct 15 2021 | in 17 days (period of 8 weeks)
20210928_143041.jpg

20210928_143116.jpg

20210928_143049.jpg

20210928_143148.jpg

20210923_155728.jpg
Hey Regrowth. (Sorry amended name there I must have clicked wrong)They both look like these outdoor grows that were given to me to save. I have no idea what it is. Im not familiar with the look of an outdoor grow...Would you mind taking a look at these pics and letting me know if you see anything weird. I'm not used to this coloration on a plant and I'm not sure if it is the strain or what but never seen these colored pistils...or if anyone else wants to jump in....thanks guys

16345105495303881681618099252674.jpg

16345105968381715239043632060707.jpg

16345106519044454632123998041837.jpg

Well, I'm so glad that it's finally over. The last few days of trimming were especially terrible and not something I want to repeat, at least not anytime soon. It's tedious combing through each bud looking for rot and not easy to throw most of it away. That's what happened though. She started going downhill while I was busy trimming the NL and considering she would've been the better yielder and better produce, I feel like maybe I made the wrong call chopping the NL first. I ended up with lots of stuff in the trim pile from this lady though and now I just need to marry a woman who cooks. I wanted to do a goodbye for her with a few photos before the chop but unfortunately that never happened. Here's what the Zkittlez yielded wet plus 2 hangars worth. Not even a single cola was salvageable. She'll hang out for a week before getting jarred.
20211017_000849.jpg

20211016_235400.jpg

20211017_002259.jpg

This is what the Northern Lights yielded dry... Yes, it looks terrible. Which pile is the pile of larf? It's a trick question.
I didn't bother weighing it but if someone wants to know I can.
20211016_235332.jpg

In a few weeks I'll probably fire up the FC3000 and two TS600s from @Mars Hydro in my 4x4. I gave someone some cuttings in august and although I could have another go with these four ladies (Platinum OG, Cherry Pie, Northern Lights, Zkittlez), I'm still undecided. I'll probably start a new journal when I make up my mind. On to better things.
Congratulations on this harvest that you very much deserved after the hiccups!

Hey Rex. They both look like these outdoor grows that were given to me to save. I have no idea what it is. Im not familiar with the look of an outdoor grow...Would you mind taking a look at these pics and letting me know if you see anything weird. I'm not used to this coloration on a plant and I'm not sure if it is the strain or what but never seen these colored pistils...or if anyone else wants to jump in....thanks guys

16345105495303881681618099252674.jpg

16345105968381715239043632060707.jpg

16345106519044454632123998041837.jpg
They look good, @Krissi1982. Nothing weird IMO but they look like they're close to being ready.

Have I tried any of the bud from the summer yet? no not really. It's for sure had enough time to cure by now. Perhaps as a Christmas gift to myself. The jars of the MOAB and GSC are diminishing and I'm ready to smoke something else. Of the four, only the Zkittlez and Cherry Pie are smokable.

The Northern Lights ended up too larfy and was harvested way too early. It's a prime candidate for edibles I guess. I actually did make some cookies at one point hence the 'not really'. The Platinum OG ended up molding on me in the jars because I was busy with a move and couldn't do the burping. If you remember though, it was already pretty questionable to begin with. It saddens me to know that I netted sweet fk all from it.

So hey. Here's to the next run. The strains are the same ones as before so I get a chance at redemption. The plan is to begin flowering in 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if I want to scrog this time around but maybe I'll hook the net up until it's time to flower to flatten out the canopy. The reason being that harvesting plants in the back is difficult, especially with the side windows being blocked off with junk. Should I transplant them? They've been in 2 gallon containers for a few weeks now and I used 5 gallons the last time.

I've been battling depression for the last little while so you guys missed out on most of the vegetative cycle. Honestly, so did I... The plants were neglected for quite some time but seem to be bouncing back. Here they are; Platinum OG, Cherry Pie, Northern Lights, Zkittlez.
1.jpg

Happy Holidays everyone.

Good to see you back at it Reggie!

I actually did make some cookies

How were they?
:morenutes:

Here's to the next run

The next run!
:nomo:

Should I transplant them?

Be bold. Strip ‘em and flip ‘em.
Take off everything but the top few inches then after stretch thin them again.
Hell do I know? I’m a donkey. It’s your garden do what you like :love:
Maybe you need some impetus so I hope that helps.
Bring on the meds!

I've been battling depression

:hug: :circle-of-love:

bouncing back.

:high-five:

And they are looking great! Dense and bushy. Ready to go ;)

The cookies were good DD, I'm glad you're still following along. I had two cookies for breakfast for 2 weeks straight. Next time I'll have to make them a little stronger. I was just afraid to have a bad experience like I did when I first infused the oil and took way too much lol. When I did it induced a bit of anxiety and paranoia but I think that's also because the Northern Lights was chopped so early. I'm still getting the hang of this edibles thing.

I think you're probably right about not bothering with a transplant. You seem to flower yours in smaller containers too, right? I just really doubt that they'll fill these containers before I flip and once in flowering they don't focus so much on root development. It would save some soil too.

They were so rootbound when I moved them into the 2 gallon containers from the 2 liter ones... probably the worse I've ever seen lol. I noticed that they don't seem to bind like that in fabric containers because they get air pruned. When I emptied the containers from my last outdoor grow you couldn't see the roots at all, no circling whatsoever even though they would've done better in larger containers.

Cheers buddy. Thanks for stopping by.

had two cookies for breakfast for 2 weeks straight

Two weeks how straight? :laugh:

You seem to flower yours in smaller containers too, right?

I have a white widow atm in a 2 gallonish pot. 8.5 litres is the smallest I like to use though I used to use 5 litres too, so that’s 1 gallonish right? And too small by a measure. My favourite size is 20 litres. I have another couple in flower now each in 25 and 35 litre bags.

just really doubt that they'll fill these containers before I flip and once in flowering they don't focus so much on root development. It would save some soil too

Roots will keep going same as stretch does above ground. Get some mycos in there and stoke ‘em.
:popcorn:

What’s your plan when it comes to controlling that Black Dog?

My advice, not that you asked, formulate a Mental Wellness plan. Like anything when it comes to achieving a goal, you need a plan, some strategies and people to help you stand when all you want to do is sit in the corner and rock.

The road back is well travelled, and you will find you have mountains of support network options. You just need to reach out.

You got this. Xo

I transplanted the ladies into 5 gallon containers today. The roots had really dug into the fabric so they kind of ended up losing a bit of root mass in the process... I'll give them a bit of time to recover before flipping but the tent is getting full fast. I'll for sure need to clean them up a bit to get some better airflow. I considered putting two ts600s in the tent for extra coverage but they seem like they'll just interfere with the coverage from the FC3000 and basically do the opposite of what I intended. Without a meter it's especially hard to tell. I might have a go at it again though.

The only thing left to do is to setup my exhaust and make sure things are light proof again. I've just been a little off lately and I'm super lazy this time around. So who knows when I'll actually do it. It's honestly surprising they are even alive as I don't give them much attention at all... father of the year material. Lately, I can only tolerate doing things for a few minutes at a time, anything else just feels like work and my interest is dwindling.

I thought maybe I could do a second cycle before summer time but it's doubtful. I need to start planning better... and hopefully I can avoid some of the bs I dealt with last time around - if and when I decide to do the outdoor thing again. That's it for my mindless rambling... hope everyone is good.

The exhaust is up. The light is at 18", that's the sweet spot.
I've opted not to put in the ts600s. Let me show you what can be done with 300 watts in a 4x4.
For those who missed the last run, it was impressive considering the bugs and minimal wattage.
20220109_163438.jpg

The tent is too crowded though, I want to SCROG but I think that'll make things worse.
20220109_160048.jpg

The yield might be a little less than the last time around, I doubt I'll be harvesting in stages.
Instead, I've decided to clean some of the lower growth for improved airflow and penetration to avoid any potential mold issues like I had outdoors in the summer. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The Cherry Pie before the strip
20220108_221233.jpg

And after.
20220108_232123.jpg

The Platinum OG before the strip.
20220108_221237.jpg

She's been through a reveg and I'm not entirely sure why. None of the others did. Even though she's been on 18/6 the entire way through veg she's been having a hard time reverting to vegetative growth. She's a little stunted.
20220109_141838.jpg

20220109_153141.jpg

After
20220109_150310.jpg

20220109_155819.jpg

[continued]

The Northern Lights. She's hungry, a bit too yellow for my liking. Not that the picture shows it lol. I've been feeding them all MC at 10g/8L with the occasional addition of CalMag.

Before:
20220110_191217.jpg

After:
20220110_195219.jpg

The Zkittlez. She's thirsty at the moment, looking a bit droopy.
Before:
20220110_195228.jpg

After:
20220110_202256.jpg

That's pretty much it, I flipped them to 12/12 today too.
Lets hope they don't stretch too much and everything goes smoothly. :ciao:.
20220109_165643.jpg

edit:
I'm thinking I didn't strip enough. It seems a lot of people strip off nearly everything besides the tops.
Maybe I'll double down on day 21 and leave them be for now?

That cherry pie looks the business Reggie!
A heck of a lot of material can come out and still leave you with a huge and productive plant. Surprising isn’t it, the amount that you took out? Like you say some do more, some less. Good on you having a play.
That is still a very full canopy. Nice bit of training. It’s gonna be a good flower show!
:popcorn:

I can't wait to see the flowers.
Defoliation is something you can always do more of later if you need to for light or air, but you can't really add back if you take too much when it's already flowering.
I'm a bigger fan of defoliation than I used to be because of seeing my plants somewhat do it on their own to leaves that didn't get good light.
I've not got a "method" exactly to it yet other than if it doesn't get light it gets snipped.

Back
Top Bottom