Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

I can't wait to see the flowers.
Defoliation is something you can always do more of later if you need to for light or air, but you can't really add back if you take too much when it's already flowering.
I'm a bigger fan of defoliation than I used to be because of seeing my plants somewhat do it on their own to leaves that didn't get good light.
I've not got a "method" exactly to it yet other than if it doesn't get light it gets snipped.
Welcome, @423. I'm glad you're here.. I'm going to trim a bit more around day 21 I think, as long as you guys agree. It would make watering easier because as is I struggle to reach the back. I know I could take the plants out to water them but If they're going to end up with some floppy colas I'd rather just water from inside the tent.

If they do alright, the Platinum OG and the Zkittlez should be the ones with the biggest colas, but I'm just going by what I remember from the summer. With the low wattage, who knows how they'll turn out. I'm pretty confident that they'll do alright though, this light is pretty impressive. Speaking of, I'm a little worried about light leaks this time around because the room is a little busier than the last time. Fingers crossed that everything works out.

Not even a week into flip and they've stretched a couple of inches. I just raised the light a bit to keep them around 18". Picture time.
pic.jpg

Omg you are killing it!

I’m so super pleased for you Regrowth! Do you know you were my first real female friend in here until you ruined it by having a cock and balls!

Omg you are killing it!

I’m so super pleased for you Regrowth! Do you know you were my first real female friend in here until you ruined it by having a cock and balls!
I think I'm getting used to being emasculated. Careful, I might start to enjoy it a little. lol :love:

Looking amazing mate. Dig the tape measure hack hanging from the light. I think I will borrow your idea if you don't mind:cheesygrinsmiley:
Personally I normally wait until they have finished stretching before I strip them back. I might take the odd one or two off as they develop, so not to stress them out.
Anyway, well impressed with them mate. Not a sickly leaf insight. Pretty good going that, especially on a plant that size..
Nice work mate

The Cherry Pie and Zkittlez are still stretching.
I wish I measured their height before the flip.
But I think it's safe to say they've stretched more than 6" this week.

Day 7
Starting to see some pistils. The tent should be all spikey by day 11 I think.
20220118_193842.jpg
20220118_193850.jpg
20220118_193857.jpg

Day 8

The Zkittlez is busy praying.
20220119_143447.jpg

The Cherry Pie is looking happy.
20220119_143512.jpg

The Platinum OG. Droopy. Devout atheist.
20220119_143507.jpg

Northern Lights is always hungry.
I think maybe she's darkened up a bit since last week however.
20220119_144755.jpg

They're still being watered at ~=10.3g/8L.
I'll increase the MC dosage next time I water and maybe sneak in some CalMag again.

:smokin:

Day 14

All four of the ladies are blooming and put on their party hats.
The last to join the party was the Northern Lights around day 12.
She was the last to bloom when grown outdoors and will likely be the last to finish as well.
I might raise her so she's level with the others. Honestly, I'm not convinced she's a keeper but time will tell.
That's her on the left in the back.

20220125_181722.jpg

Northern Lights

20220125_181822.jpg

20220125_181816.jpg

Zkittlez
20220125_181807.jpg

Cherry Pie
20220125_181740.jpg

Platinum OG
20220125_181754.jpg

I'll get some better pictures up in the next couple days as things progress and when I'm not dying of heat. I'm still aiming for a defoliation around day 21 but the plants are impatient and started dropping some foliage on their own where penetration is minimal. Whatever, it makes my job easier.

Decided to give my dehumidifier a try, I'm just running it outside of the tent. It works really well to keep the humidity level in check but puts out of a ton of heat. Like to the point where I can't stand being in the room to get pictures taken. Bit of a trade off lol. Might need to let the rh go higher than recommended because 32c is ridiculous, especially when it's like -30 outside. Next fall I'll see about venting outside to correct this issue.

Aah, gotcha
Cheers
Welcome Growings. It's good to have you. :passitleft:

Day 14

All four of the ladies are blooming and put on their party hats.
The last to join the party was the Northern Lights around day 12.
She was the last to bloom when grown outdoors and will likely be the last to finish as well.
I might raise her so she's level with the others. Honestly, I'm not convinced she's a keeper but time will tell.
That's her on the left in the back.

20220125_181722.jpg

Northern Lights

20220125_181822.jpg

20220125_181816.jpg

Zkittlez
20220125_181807.jpg

Cherry Pie
20220125_181740.jpg

Platinum OG
20220125_181754.jpg

I'll get some better pictures up in the next couple days as things progress and when I'm not dying of heat. I'm still aiming for a defoliation around day 21 but the plants are impatient and started dropping some foliage on their own where penetration is minimal. Whatever, it makes my job easier.

Decided to give my dehumidifier a try, I'm just running it outside of the tent. It works really well to keep the humidity level in check but puts out of a ton of heat. Like to the point where I can't stand being in the room to get pictures taken. Bit of a trade off lol. Might need to let the rh go higher than recommended because 32c is ridiculous, especially when it's like -30 outside. Next fall I'll see about venting outside to correct this issue.

Welcome Growings. It's good to have you. :passitleft:
Wow talk about a full tent. Amazing job they look great.

Wow talk about a full tent. Amazing job they look great.
Very full. Makes me a bit anxious. lol. Welcome Tkmk. I've been eyeing your SCROG grow, it looks awesome.

Day 21 aka defoliation day aka I should've left the plants in the tent.
It kind of looks like a storm rolled through or I lost a game of Jenga.
A little floppy at the moment but I'm hoping they stiffen up by morning.
I hope that I didn't ruin anything but I think doing the defoliation was the right choice.
There was a bit of rubbing going on getting them in and out of the tent.
I might need to whip out the bamboo poles for support to fix the sagging.
Despite it being a jungle in there three paper bags worth of foliage came out.
Things are starting to smell pretty good in there. Especially when mucking about.
Lemons, Cherries, Pepper, Oranges... Lots of variety.

Next time around I'll do things a bit differently. You know, do a proper defoliation before the flip, actually give them a bit of loving during their vegetative cycle and of course, flip a little earlier so the tent isn't so full. Anyway, I'm done with the yada yada. Cheers.

20220201_203744.jpg

20220201_203808.jpg

They look happy. I bet they'll really start to pack the weight in those buds,like they're building momentum.
I think you're extra work on the defoliation and lollypoping will save potential problems, make better yield and less work at harvest.
Thanks @423. I might get in there one last time and add a few more poles for support.
Can only hope they get nice and heavy.
You definitely have a full house of beauty. All that would put my anxiety through the roof.

Nice on the defoliation, now do you remove the growth at the base of the plants?
Hey @Nev. Good to have you.
I lollipopped the lowers before and after the stretch and took off a few of the larger fan leaves the other day.
But ya, mostly just stuff from the base. Just going out of the way to avoid budrot... airflow and penetration.

Back
Top Bottom