Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

This will be my first journal entry and also my intro to growing in a tent;
It's not my first time growing but it sure feels like it.
I'm hoping the community will join in and offer their expertise so everything goes as smoothly as possible.

The initial lineup will include clones of Girl Scout Cookies (GSC) & Mother of Berries (MOB) grown in a 4x4 tent in promix hp and fabric containers.

20201022_210358.jpg

They've been moved from the solo cups into 2 gallons.
I've got 5 and 10 gallon containers for when repotting is needed.
This will also be my first time trying megacrop which seemed like a popular low effort nutrient feed.

Environment: 4x4 Grow tent
Lighting: FC 3000 LED
Strains: 2x Girl Scout Cookies, 2x Mother Of Berries
Medium: Promix HP in fabric containers
Nutrients: MegaCrop, Magical

20201027_155706.jpg20201022_205521.jpg20201022_210004.jpg
I'm sorry but I love him/her (you know meow meow) as much as I love your first journal entry! I'm sorry that you had problems along the way! Next time!

Man, Regrowth, that's rough- really sorry to hear this...

@Squiggle, do you figure it's still good for baking? I mean I'd rather eat something moldy than smoke it. It's going to go downhill quite fast as that white mold progresses to graymold and I can't cook with it for a little bit. Should I maybe freeze it for now? It's seems like it's probably 5oz or so but I'm never good with the guessing. Would hate to waste it if I don't have to.

:circle-of-love:
Bugger.

The buds with white mold I’d separate and discard on the basis it isn’t safe to ingest :confused:
Any not showing signs I would wash in a citric acid dilution, rinse and redry.

Hopefully you’ll get a few decent testers and a taste of what you missed out on.

@Squiggle, do you figure it's still good for baking? I mean I'd rather eat something moldy than smoke it. It's going to go downhill quite fast as that white mold progresses to graymold and I can't cook with it for a little bit. Should I maybe freeze it for now? It's seems like it's probably 5oz or so but I'm never good with the guessing. Would hate to waste it if I don't have to.
Hi mate

Ive cooked with bud thats had some mildew on it.. but that's just me. She washed it first like DD said; But in a solution of sodium and potassium bicarb, then decarbed it. The decarb actively kills it. The only problem is, some folks are allergic to moulds and fungi, and can have reactions to them.. we know we aren't, because we suffered a few bad years with mildew on the strawberries and blackberries. We just washed those and ate them, with no ill effect, same went for the mouldy weed, we consumed over 4 ounces of the stuff after it was processed.

How much has been on the street weed we've consumed in the past? Illicit, black market dealers don't throw away ounces of bud, just because it has a bit mould on it; so we've probably all consumed it at one time.. but, and there is a big but; there are certain moulds that produce mycotoxins and without lab results, its impossible to tell.

It all depends how far it has spread though. If its heavily contaminated, I'm afraid its to much of a health risk, if its a light dusting that washes off, the risk is reduced.

I just spotted rot on the Northern Lights this time and there's a still week of rain to go. Then I went and had a look at the Platinum OG that had to be cut early because of the same issue... there's white mold growing on the buds I have hanging to dry... Even after budwashing. What a waste of time.
I give you a lot of credit for your perseverance amongst all of these unfortunate mold and rot issues. I give every outdoor grower credit for attempting their grows in the first place, even though I can't grow it outside here, even if I could-I don't think I would.
I get so upset when my vegetables catch something, like getting fungus that spreads...a lot of things out of my control unless I want to use sprays and I try so hard to grow naturally. Environmental factors frighten me in terms of a grow. I enjoy the safety and security of my indoor and tented grows-kind of feels like a warm fuzzy blanket.
You have put so much clear and obviously tedious and intense effort into maintaining your grows, don't forget that!!! Best of luck when you decide you want to grow again, you learned and that's the most important part (I know that's the last thing you want to hear but it's true)!

Thanks, @Krissi1982. The good news is I have an entire year before the next outdoor season and maybe by then I'll be more prepared. I could do an indoor grow next summer too but tbh I managed to screw up an indoor grow here recently as well. I'm just on a bit of bad luck streak at the moment lol. I'll be starting another grow in about a month and I'm hoping that it's less stressful. I'll probably grow the same genetics so it should be a second chance. If not I have a few other options. I've got some ChemDawg, Bruce Banner, Sour Diesel (non feminized) and Pink Kush (bag seeds) I want to try out. I could also grab clones of the MOAB and GSC again or try the Kritik autos from kannabia. Tough choice lol.

@Carcass, @Squiggle, @DonkeyDick, thanks for the advice and sympathy.
I threw away some of the buds that were noticeably moldy and I'll keep an eye on the rest.

Thanks, @Krissi1982. The good news is I have an entire year before the next outdoor season and maybe by then I'll be more prepared. I could do an indoor grow next summer too but tbh I managed to screw up an indoor grow here recently as well. I'm just on a bit of bad luck streak at the moment lol. I'll be starting another grow in about a month and I'm hoping that it's less stressful. I'll probably grow the same genetics so it should be a second chance. If not I have a few other options. I've got some ChemDawg, Bruce Banner, Sour Diesel (non feminized) and Pink Kush (bag seeds) I want to try out. I could also grab clones of the MOAB and GSC again or try the Kritik autos from kannabia. Tough choice lol.

@Carcass, @Squiggle, @DonkeyDick, thanks for the advice and sympathy.
I threw away some of the buds that were noticeably moldy and I'll keep an eye on the rest.
Sounds like you are already getting excited again! That's what I like to see and hear!!! :welldone:

The storm is finally over but it caused a whole lot of issues. Grab your popcorn. First, lots of rot on the Northern Lights. I'm posting these images so other people know what to look for. Cut it out and throw it away, it's no good. Be sure to cut an extra inch or so off since any buds touching the rot are harboring spores and will eventually rot too.
20210923_155924.jpg

20210923_160026.jpg

20210923_155839.jpg

Even today now that the storm has passed I'm still finding new patches of rot. Notice the rot at the top right of the cola and more on the bottom right. Sorry for the potato image quality.
20210928_143230.jpg

20210928_143217.jpg

20210928_141831.jpg

If there's a few buds that you feel are salvageable you can fast dry them. They are still likely contaminated but without the moisture the rot won't continue.
20210928_150048.jpg

20210928_144154.jpg

20210928_144149.jpg

Even the Zkittlez was effected a bit, although I've only spotted one area so far.
Some strains are more resistant than others, just remember that resistance doesn't mean immunity.

To be continued?

Pictures are spread out over a few days and quality is lacking but honestly I couldn't care less. I just want this grow to end. Two weeks to go or so before I cull them.

Zkittlez
Sprouted: Thu Apr 15 2021 (166 days, 23.71 weeks, 5.93 months)
Pistils: Thu Aug 05 2021 (54 days, 7.71 weeks, 1.93 months)
End ~=: Thu Oct 07 2021 | in 9 days (period of 9 weeks)
20210923_155435.jpg

20210923_155524.jpg

20210923_155536.jpg

20210928_143336.jpg

Northern Lights
Sprouted: Thu Apr 15 2021 (166 days, 23.71 weeks, 5.93 months)
Pistils: Fri Aug 20 2021 (39 days, 5.57 weeks, 1.39 months)
End ~=: Fri Oct 15 2021 | in 17 days (period of 8 weeks)
20210928_143041.jpg

20210928_143116.jpg

20210928_143049.jpg

20210928_143148.jpg

20210923_155728.jpg

I hope not, don't jinx yourself. Not sure if I should cut that broken branch off, it seems to be drooping and if it were to rain again that would probably lead to more mold. I'll give her a day or two and see if it perks back up but the weird thing is that the break doesn't even seem that bad. It's not like it's hanging by a thread.

I thought that too. It’s a very slight break.

And I think your grow has been a success. Granted the outcome isn’t ideal. But the process has been so enjoyable to be a part of :)

I had to cut that branch that was drooping off of the NL. I put it in a bucket of water for now so maybe it'll keep maturing. I think that's actually a branch I broke early on while training. It was already weakened. Speaking of, it's supposed to be a weekend of rain... Expect more of the same.

The Zkittlez has a lemon and pepper terpene that I'm guessing is responsible for the resistance to rot and mold, it reminds me of lemon pepper chicken. Unfortunately, there's a lot of rot on the NL again so I'm considering culling her early. She's nowhere near finished though. Sorry for the drama and lack of enthusiasm, it'll all be over soon.:straightface:

I have been lucky just two plants with one small bud rot sight each. So far it has not expanded on mine. Taking it early will at least give you something for the time an effort into it.

Back
Top Bottom