Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos

Man your a one busy mfer in the garden aren't ya. I tried them purple tomatoes, er Cherokee Purples I think, I wasn't impressed with what I grew. More like a grape than a tomato. Probably wood've been great for cooking with, if I cooked. But I always loved a nice veggie garden. Hey back in Arkansas I use to grow out a 'truck patch' for a roadside market. Well I supplemented their needs anyways. About 2 1/2 acres give or take. It got to be more work than I cared to invest on it's return. Back then weed worked better. Great Garden Dude. Oh love the attack turtle that's cool Keepem Green

Thank you woods! It was a great season, stuff slowing down incredibly, but the brocolli just keeps on going! I may grow this stuff perpetually if I like it enough. I like watching them grow, anything that forms a "cola" I like. Our purple tomatos died off early and didn't produce much, we didn't have enough heat early in the season to make them super healthy. Not to mention, our tomatos this year had a bad mold problem, I think we overwatered them too much, and then some those mold spores (could have) spread to our medicinal plants. Luckily we had them far apart across the yard, but still, that sort of thing worries me. Strawberries definitely slowing down, going to have to give them some winter ferts and see what we can do. Yeah, our tortoise, Methuselah, he's over 50 years old and has now gone into hibernation for the winter ( he dug his own den multiple feet below the surface of our rose bushes). He may come out in the middle of winter if we get some hot and sunny days, but he's eaten enough banana this summer he's got blubber sticking out of the sides of his shell!

Thank you for stopping by NW!:Namaste:

Hummm brocolli, thats pretty cool.

All I got at this time of year is pomegranites, many types of peppers, and lots of herbs n spices. Maybe a few zuchinnis and eggplants.

Hummm brocolli, thats pretty cool.

All I got at this time of year is pomegranites, many types of peppers, and lots of herbs n spices. Maybe a few zuchinnis and eggplants.
That's still a lot of stuff!:morenutes:

Hi Relaxed Lester,
after one of your friends told me of your garden pics...I just had to see. You lured me in with the very first pic of the mouth watering strawberry! I'm heading back to read all of the pages, beautiful pics and garden grows. :thumb:

Howdy cannafan! Thanks for the kind words! Hope you enjoy rummaging through some of the pictures as much as I enjoyed growing all of these wonderful plants! :Namaste: Still waiting to see the romanaesco flowers!

Re: New City Grower

heres the reveg. the one that broke in half was really susceptible to blight and died for real, so it revegged itself in my hemisphere and looks funny. now putting out flowers to make tomatoes LOL.

the rest of the plants are all hurt (and still infected) but theyre still growing.. kinda lol. im waiting for the cold to ruin them, still feeding them biobizz nutes on em for the sake of it.

gonna try and keep a veggie garden on a windowsill throughout entire winter.. I just bought some good fish fertilizer neptunes harvest. biobizz molasses and sea kelp just isn't cutting it

the white stalks and non existent leaves are becuase of blight. I didn't know what it was, neither did my parents! thought it was a feeding issue these rusts spots. I put one picture up on 420mag and a vet told me blight right away.

next season foliage will not get watered at all by me. also I will remove leaves that die from natural starvation (lower on the plant) so they don't host blight. im told to burn the plants and not to mix it with my compost

probably gonna do 2 basil 2 cherry tomato and 2 beffsteak tomato by the windows. maybe dill and parsley too. I had jalapenos this season but I want Italian cooking peppers instead, need to get those seeds.

the jalapeno was a clone, the rest from seed. the jalapeno was the only one that really survived the blight easily. I guess that's why they make cleaning spray out of pepper lol.

basil didn't really catch it.. neither did dill but I moved that stuff away from tomatoes after I learned what it was.

now everything is in the corner waiting for it to die off from the coming of winter

I hate foliar sprays feedings anything because I hate fungus. ive had it on my veggies AND one bud plant this season.

IMG_20131021_1429185681.jpg
IMG_20131021_1429033861.jpg
IMG_20131021_1429097421.jpg

Since this is the only thread I have alive at the moment, figured I'd post a few pics of some of the cured medicinal herbs from this years outdoor legal garden :Namaste:

"Sour Apple"
IMG_011426.jpg

"Cotton Candy"
IMG_012127.jpg

Hong Kong OG
IMG_012227.jpg

Also I have been able to successfully reveg the pepper plants come next season, it's amazing how they can grow back from just looking like dead sticks through the winter. Give them water and they will grow![/QUOTE]

So true Relaxed Lester!! I have several diff pepper plants that just keep on keepin' on and several bags already in the freezer, lol. So, I will be donating some to the local food bank along with some other overstocked veggies :straightface: I've also been thinking about trying a hydro grow of lettuce.

Boy, would I love to have some of those sour apples for a nice apple pie. Nice buds!:thumb:

Thank you cannafan! It really does reek of sticky icky sour apple, never have I had a bud this fruity! And I have had a lot of buds! ;)

Also I have been able to successfully reveg the pepper plants come next season, it's amazing how they can grow back from just looking like dead sticks through the winter. Give them water and they will grow!

So true Relaxed Lester!! I have several diff pepper plants that just keep on keepin' on and several bags already in the freezer, lol. So, I will be donating some to the local food bank along with some other overstocked veggies :straightface: I've also been thinking about trying a hydro grow of lettuce.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, welcome to the club! Still using serannos from last year. That is great to hear your kind heartedness, that is a good idea to donate to the local food bank. Also I have heard of positive results from hydroponic lettuce, from what I hear lettuce can withstand pretty hot temperatures too!

One thing I really LOVE about growing a Outdoor crop, is you generally grow enough med's to last out and get a good solid cure on them. I've grown ALOT of herbs outdoor that I threw the jars on the shelf and I wasn't all that impressed with. Pull that jar down afew months later and WTF, stuff's killer. Looks tasty Keepem Green

Today I ordered my first weed seeds online seed bank from our reputable sponsor, Herbies, I ordered a 10 pack of regular non-feminised KC45 Autoflowering by KC Brains . It is supposed to be "Russian Ruderalis x Brazilian Sativa". They also threw in 2x Skunk #1 x Kerala , and 1x World of Seeds Northern Lights x Skunk feminised seed. I wanted to get an autoflower strain that fares well outdoors in cloudy, low light conditions, going to experiment with a little winter grow and see what happens. I'll expect to run into budrot, but it's worth testing the waters. I may consider ordering something special for next year, although quite satisfied with the amount of variety in my "mystery strain seed stock".

Brocolli still going slow as expected, found a couple of small green caterpillars today never a good sight.
Anyway keep em green.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom