Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

Here we can see that the Jack Dawg has begun a transformation into the purple, right on schedule as expected, she's definitely responding to the cooler coastal weather we've had for the past couple weeks. I'd bet within a week or so she'll be mostly if not fully purple, just like she normally does ;) Once it starts, it just keeps going.... :surf:

IMG_67567.JPG

I love this pheno! :adore: :circle-of-love:

A little documenting of the veggie clones. I actually already released the Blackberry plants and did not clone them because I'm gonna put that strain behind me and replace it with the BB x SM and SDD

SC, did a little bit of LST
IMG_67575.JPG

UD
IMG_67587.JPG

SDD, first generation cloned (her mother is on the "backburner")
IMG_67596.JPG

recently fimmed and recovering BB x SM (mother is currently in flower)
IMG_676010.JPG

Ladies vegging, awaiting clone/transplant/release
IMG_67615.JPG

All the mothers are either in force flower or on the backburner :morenutes:

How do you describe your version of backburner?

What I mean when I say "backburner", from a previous post, is that I just have 3 plants that have initiated flowering naturally, just sitting around idling in the planter bed, waiting for space to open up in the force flower area. They won't finish naturally due to the coming long days, so they are primed and ready, just waiting until the occupied stuff on the "front burners" (aka force flowers) are done cooking. Then I take those "backburner" plants which I've basically been ignoring (though I inspected and fed a tea today) and begin forcing them.

I have been keeping a close eye on these force flowers are they are ripening very well and quickly. Won't be long now, for some of them atleast...:volcano-smiley:

Let me know if you meant something else :thumb:

Hey Lester, Those close up pic's on the previous page are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Its so cool that you ended up with HIGH Quality Pheno's that nobody else in the world has at this moment in time. Pretty F-N Awesome. Damn good job my friend. TTYL At least you know your picker ain't broke. LOL

Thank you so much :thanks: I'm a very happy camper :Namaste: Glad you enjoyed the assorted flower pix post, I will do another version of that post sometime soon. :volcano-smiley:

Documenting the transformation of the JD coloration, plant reactions happen so slowly that the human eye cannot easily detect that they are occurring at any appreciable rate, but they are! :adore:

IMG_67709.JPG
IMG_677111.JPG
IMG_677311.JPG

Here we have the sativa Blackberry plant, sure is a great growing plant, it's kind of a shame to stop growing this strain, but I'm still thinking about it. It does grow good buds, they just don't seem to cure as well as some of the other strains. Note that only some of the branches decided to change color on this plant, normally it's all or nothing. The branch on the bottom right is attached to the same plant. Just goes to show that not all flowers are created equally
IMG_67728.JPG

We've been sacked in with coastal fog for a long time now and its constantly misting, so I'm a bit worried about the Dawgs and Blackberry, but the Blue Santa and the Swiss Cheese should do fine because of the mold resistance genetics. Strains with such genetics will make special anti-fungal proteins which target and attack certain fungi which may attempt to grow on the plant. For cannabis, the survival mechanisms are basically "chemical warfare", in terms of plants. Very remarkable from an evolutionary perspective, very selective. They say, "OK - mycorrhizae , you are beneficial to me, let me allow you to grow with me and my roots".

But, it learns and adapts to species that are not so beneficial to it (like botrytis inside the flowers where the embryos are growing), after successive generations in the wild, the plant may mutate its DNA to form a new phenotype - one with the resistance genetics as to synthesize special proteins in flower which actively defend the plant from such treacherous invaders. All life really comes down to its 1)DNA (genetics), which strain? and 2) What proteins does it make and what do they do? Oh and that thing called "water" ;)

So, while we may not know it, as plant enthusiasts and manipulators, we are utilizing an immensely powerful world, reaping the long-ripening evolutionary fruit, because, without photosynthetic organisms on this planet, oxygen dependent organisms like us who burn fuel to survive would have never evolved and we wouldn't be here today.

So today I say, Thank you Plants :adore:

You want bio war against molds and mildew check out this bacteria, Actinovate. I started using it as a drench and a foliar. Girls look tasty.
Keepem Green

You want bio war against molds and mildew check out this bacteria, Actinovate. I started using it as a drench and a foliar. Girls look tasty.
Keepem Green

Yeah, luckily the fungus is not quite as bad down here as it is up there. So thankfully I can just rely on the plants natural defenses to do the job. Glad you found something that works, of all people, you know the treachery of fungus the most. Good luck this year mate. :goodluck:

Today I will be either harvesting 1 plant, or taking samples, I just need some samples to get me by until the majority of force flowers are ready to harvest. I'm really anxious to move everything into the next phase, my plans are as follows:

1) Harvest force flowers
2) Replace with the 3 backburner specimens (Blackberry, Sour Diesel Dawg, which will be the first time this particular hybrid has ever been flowered by anyone on the planet as far as I know, and then the Jack Dawg)
3) Clone the current vegging mothers, transplant them, and release them for summer vegging.

And the cycle continues... :surf:

OK so I decided to take some flowers down to get me by until things properly ripen up. I cut the colored portions of the Blackberry, since this appears to be the most fungus-prone specimen (I had to cut a top cola off earlier in flower due to internal stem rot), so far nothing came back, but with this heavy and constant fog, who knows.

These are some of the Blackberry flowers I cut
IMG_67829.JPG
IMG_67849.JPG

This is that Blackberry plant, which has a few less mature and non-colored branches that need more time
IMG_678510.JPG

Alright here is that Swiss Cheese plant I recently LSTed, what I forgot to mention was that a few days ago (you probably noticed it didn't look too healthy at that time), I fertilized with a dosage of D&S Step 2, which always seems to really boost and pull my plants out of a rut. The difference is night and day.

Here is the BEFORE comparison shot: a few days ago right when LSTed and fed/watered
IMG_67575.JPG

Here is today AFTER reacting to both LST and ferts
IMG_67869.JPG

And the veggies are looking good in general, still hard to keep the humidity down in there, but its OK since its just the propagation tent
IMG_67879.JPG

Over and Out, now back to work. :volcano-smiley:

Decided to chop and wash a little bit of some very stinky Underdawg in addition to the Blackberry sampler I cut yesterday ;)

IMG_67897.JPG

And no I did not use the washing machine to wash the buds, happens to be my coincidental work station :laugh:

Now here are a few more pics of the ripening force flowers

Jack Dawg color progression
IMG_67918.JPG
IMG_67929.JPG
IMG_67969.JPG

Here is a Swiss Cheese, one of my favorite strains because of the flavor, very sweet and piney with skunk overtones
IMG_67938.JPG
IMG_679811.JPG

Blue Santa getting better and better
IMG_67957.JPG

Here is the other Underdawg (tends to put out smaller flowers) - I'm letting it go for at least a few more days
IMG_679712.JPG

Won't be too long now for them :Namaste:

Here is a JD macro, this stage right now during purplization might be my favorite, it has the most complex color combinations

IMG_68028.JPG

The Blackberry sampler (below) I cut 4 days ago, I determined that for whatever reason this strain is more potent and better tasting after only a few days from harvest. I've tried curing this plant properly several times and for some reason it doesn't really get better. The flavors in this plant are sort of passive/mellow, whoever crossed it (Holland meets Seattle) really made a good cross though, it really does taste like Raspberries (via the Raspberry Cough component) and it performs phenomenally outside, it has always been a good yielder to me and fits right in. So I might keep cloning it until I know forsure how good the BB x SM turns out.

I've started vaporizing the following Blackberry, which was cut 4 days ago, and it's getting me just as medicated as the highest grade medical cannabis you can purchase at a dispensary, it's really doing the trick. So I'm convinced to capture the proper flavors in this plant it is best consumed not long after harvest.
IMG_68039.JPG

The recent Blackberry veggies I recently released have exploded with growth and are gonna be some space-occupying bushes. Will be updating on that stuff later.

Just a pic of a recently cut Underdawg flower top, this particular specimen could have flowered for a few more days, but I needed something for when my Blackberry sampler runs out - that way I can do some proper curing on the herbs that will be harvested soon.
UD has a very very pungent aroma that can be smelled from 30 feet away. It is a skunky background with a lemon/lime diesel thing going on. I personally think this strain is better than the JD, it grows smaller flowers but they've got some serious potency and flavor.
IMG_68049.JPG

Back
Top Bottom