Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

Swiss Cheese looks atad hungry? Keepem Green

Yeah, the SC was transplanted into very fresh soil just a few days ago. They should turn more green in a few days. :cheer:

All of the Swiss Cheese force flowers were harvested yesterday, here is a shot of a bud after 24 hours on the drying rack. Still another 24 hours until I cut the stems away, and then another 24 till jarring.

Swiss Cheese (Swiss Miss x Skunk #1)
IMG_68492.JPG

Hey just my 2cents try the brown paper bag to dry in. Helps slow it down alittle to keep from getting harsh that fast drying tends to do. Yea they do love the upgrade in dirt size. That Swiss Cheese can get big as hell if allowed. Keepem Green

I'm real proud of that batch of Swiss Cheese, it's gonna be real nice. I really love my Swiss Cheese :circle-of-love:

Anywho, onward to documenting the remaining force flower plants.

Here is the DJ Short Blueberry x Santa Maria which I'm calling the "Swamp pheno", I've grown several phenos of the BB x SM and this is nothing like I've ever had. The aroma starts off real grassy and "swampy" but it's changing into something different that I can't explain, something like coffee. It's not fruity or lemony in any way, it's more like a weird "musty/coffee" smell. So it's quite possible this is one of those phenos that traded off aroma for potency so we'll see. I'm waiting to take clones from her daughter until I know for sure I like it or not.
IMG_68537.JPG

Here is another JD doing her thing
IMG_68545.JPG

Here is that Sour Diesel Dawg variant, which is doing great for the first tester plant, I smelled some of the resin and I'm really excited, it's got a lemon/lime thing going I think. The buds should be decent sized by the end, given their initial structure.
IMG_68556.JPG
IMG_68566.JPG

There is a Blackberry in force flower but it's not even worth taking a picture of.

Here's a quick stroll through the garden for a look at some of the vegging plants;

This was the planter bed before I removed a Blackberry specimen, rearranged and added two new plants (BB x SM and SDD)
IMG_68677.JPG

Here is a Swiss Cheese, positively reacting to recent fertilization dosage
IMG_68683.JPG

This is the Blackberry I'm currently leaving in the planter until more room opens up in the force flower area
IMG_68692.JPG

Here it is after I rearranged a bit
IMG_68704.JPG

Here are two Jack Dawg's going green, and the Swiss Cheese behind them
IMG_68714.JPG

This is the Blackberry specimen I removed to induce force flowering at once, that'll give the Swiss Cheese bushes some more room to grow
IMG_68733.JPG

Here is the forced Sour Diesel Dawg (SDD) first of its kind, this plant is growing into something incredible. Some slight coloration beginning in the leaves (although not noticeable yet) and it smells so good, this is a definite keeper to add to the Dawg variants - scents coming off right now are lemon lime skunk
IMG_68743.JPG

Oh here are the Underdawgs plants 1 and 2

IMG_68755.JPG
IMG_68767.JPG

And then a couple shots re-emphasizing the Swiss Cheese plants 1 and 2, after rearrangement in the planter
IMG_68773.JPG
IMG_68783.JPG

This is the BB x SM I just harvested and washed
IMG_68667.JPG

Feels nice to get things moving along. So happy summer is here. :Namaste:

Couple more, BB x SM - swamp coffee pheno, shots

IMG_68795.JPG
IMG_68824.JPG

Here is my current excitement/pride/joy is the Sour Diesel x NYCD x Chem91 (force flowers), this is growing into absolutely phenomenal cannabis, I guess anything crossed with NYCD x C91 is bound to be stellar, lemon/lime skunk terpene profile so far
IMG_68877.JPG
IMG_68885.JPG

Here's that Blackberry plant that has been in force flower for only 2 days, but I"m starting to train her and sculpt her a bit, give those inner nodes some more room to grow and increase yield
IMG_68898.JPG

Here is one of the Sour Diesel Dawg clones, awaiting more growth before taking clone and release
IMG_68978.JPG

Here are 2 Swiss Cheese and 2 Jack Dawg clones, they recently rooted in the sphagnum peat moss w/ clonex (as normal)
IMG_689812.JPG

Now here are the current (more mature) force flower plants, the ol' Jack Dawg (not my best specimen but its growing into something)
IMG_68997.JPG

Here is the problem child Blackberry who is all fussy about her food, she didn't like her last feeding of bat guano, either way, it's still growing pretty good buds, but it will definitely be crude compared to other plants
IMG_690010.JPG

Here is the excitement, the original Sour Diesel Dawg mother plant
IMG_69017.JPG

Now here is some assorted flower pictures of what I've recently produced for myself to enjoy over the summer, via the usual force flowering (they got appx 12/12, inside at ~7PM, outside ~ 7 AM)

#1) Blue Santa - had to jar 'n burp a little early to preserve some of the delicate/passive flavors, it is now transforming into something that really resembles a coffee. It has a hint of "swamp must".
IMG_68909.JPG

#2) Swiss Cheese - these are most of the flower tops, some of the best I've grown for sure in terms of flavor and potency. Very sweet and piney, with undertones of skunk. One of the sweetest marijuana strains I've ever had hands down. (most likely derived from the Swiss Miss, which was said to have been bred in the Swiss Alps and attained fungal resistance genes; however I am growing my SC phenotype at sea level). The other part of SC is the Skunk #1, which undoubtedly lends the early flowering time and skunk undertones. It's nice to have a mold resistance strain that grows and feels like a sativa, but has early finishing flowering traits of the indica.
IMG_68916.JPG

#3) Underdawg - NYCD x Chem91 crossed with Special Unknown #1. Special Unknown #1 was a seed that my friend found in some really amazing medical dispensary bud, but he didn't know what it was. He loves that strain so much, he decided to cross into the Dawgs, low and behold it has the magic touch because, this herb instills massive levels of pure euphoria and tastes like lime candy.
IMG_68937.JPG

#4) Jack Dawg - NYCD x Chem91 crossed with Jack Herer. I think the pic and strain composition speaks for itself :) But this strain has a very sour grape flavor, it's actually quite unique.
IMG_68957.JPG

#5) sativa Blackberry - this is an oldschool sativa plant, legend has it this strain was crossed between Holland and Seattle genetics (Black Domino x Raspberry Cough), and so its basically bred for being outdoors. It's not my favorite strain, but it grows like a wild beast with such vigorosity. Her yields have gotten me through some tough times, although it is not creme del la creme cannabis, it is the epitome of a fruity strain with undertones of black pepper. Same breeders as the Swiss Cheese.
IMG_68969.JPG

We pretty much dodged any serious instances of prolonged humidity during flower for these plants, which lent to the success of the force flowers throughout Springtime. Word is we may get an anti-El Nino (El Nina) this fall/winter which could bring us more dry temperatures.

That's all folks, Over & Out :Namaste:

Most are looking great there Lester. Damn never had a plant that reacted like that with bat crap. But sh=t happens. Keepem Green

Most are looking great there Lester. Damn never had a plant that reacted like that with bat crap. But sh=t happens. Keepem Green

Yeah, it's most likely also because of the fact I use recycled soil. When I pot up, I always cut with about 30-40% reused soil. Each time I harvest, I take all of the soil from the rootball and put it into a pile for reusing it. Just so happens it started to react after I fed with bat guano. Buds still growing nice on them so she'll be OK in the end.

I have just sampled and vaporized the Blueberry x Santa Maria - Swamp coffee pheno - and the high is absolutely stellar. Not the best flavor compared to other strains, but it is a puff that will put a person in their seat. Vapor bowl lasted quite a while. Very nice sativa high, this is something I would imagine some Amazonian shamans using in ritual to see their God. Apparently, the Santa Maria comes from "unclassified Brazilian sativas which Amazonian shamans have been using in rituals for generations" :adore: So its that crossed with DJ Shorts Blueberry which has all of those other landrace genes in them, the Mexican and Thai I believe. It's incredible how many hybridization events our now post-modern strains have in them.

But here's KC-45 from a couple years ago (another "unclassified amazonian sativa" possibly used in ritual by shamans)
IMG_35817.JPG
IMG_35846.JPG

Here was a different phenotype of the KC-45 (this was grown during the months of November to December, and it was a completely revegetated and reflowered specimen)
IMG_39049.JPG
IMG_40244.JPG
IMG_41882.JPG

I stopped growing that strain to move on to bigger and better things (maybe not bigger ;), but definitely better). It was supposed to be an autoflower strain, but it wasn't. Just grew like a photo. Flavor was essentially lemon with undertones of pepper. The first plant was one of the bigger ones that I ever grew, given I don't have much space to grow in. But I usually can make it work with a little bit of diligent LST.

:Namaste:

Looks good. I also reuse soil well alot of it. If you stay away from heavy salt based ferts, you can reuse it along time. With organics you can come up with a 'living soil'. Alot of growers swear by living soil. Alittle of the old soil should have enough microb's to kick off the new. Kind of like working a still, you always save alittle mash to use as a starter culture of yeast to kick off the fresh mash. Keepem Green and have a safe 4th.

Looks good. I also reuse soil well alot of it. If you stay away from heavy salt based ferts, you can reuse it along time. With organics you can come up with a 'living soil'. Alot of growers swear by living soil. Alittle of the old soil should have enough microb's to kick off the new. Kind of like working a still, you always save alittle mash to use as a starter culture of yeast to kick off the fresh mash. Keepem Green and have a safe 4th.

Looks Great as always Brotha :thumb:

:thanks: mates, hope you guys had a safe and fun 4th. :Namaste:

OK back to the journal at hand. Here is a look at the recently rooted clones (Swiss Cheese, Blue Santa, Jack Dawg, Underdawg) awaiting transplant into pot level 1
IMG_69267.JPG

Here is this Sour Diesel Dawg, it's that first generation clone off the mother (one of them). It's waiting to be transplanted into a bigger pot, and I still need to take some clones from this strain when its ready.
IMG_69271.JPG

Alright here are some assorted force flower pictures.

Here's one of the Jack Dawg
IMG_69307.JPG

This is that fussy Blackberry plant we saw, but like I said, still producing OK buds
IMG_69319.JPG

Here is the stinker, the Sour Diesel Dawg mother (from seed), pictures of different flowers on the plant. It's going wicked good now.
IMG_69357.JPG
IMG_69328.JPG
IMG_69339.JPG
IMG_69347.JPG

Over and Out :Namaste:

Got the clones into fresh soil.
IMG_69419.JPG

Here is that Blackberry in force flower for about a week, localized flower heads are beginning to form and she is going through serious metabolic changes, starting to shed her leaves and I detected some kind of micronute deficiency, therefore I have fed with the emergency D&S Step 3, which isn't organic, but it's a last resort to save the quality of the plant by giving it the essential micronutrients that were lost in the recycled soil. We'll see if it works
IMG_69427.JPG

And the main 3 in force flower (SDD , JD, and BB)
IMG_69367.JPG
IMG_69387.JPG
IMG_69398.JPG

I'm gonna choose another specimen from the tent to put into force flower, so I will have to rearrange the planter bed and decide which one. :surf:

I enjoyed my stroll through, they are beautiful Les! I'm partial to lime smelling plants as well. I know I'm going to like the effect when I smell fresh limes. Every Chem91 cross I've run had some lime to it. Since there was no commonality to the other parents, I think of it as a 91 attribute. Your friend passed on some fine gear :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom