Relaxed's Winter Experiment

Aloha back there Relaxed
Fishy coined Thursday Thurweed day Have a good one Relaxed :thumb:
Duly noted! "Thurweed" day, I like the sound of that :goof:
Treachery is HARDCORE! & the ideal word for you and your moth war, that war looks like it has reached the point of a treacherous and violent battle in 2014.

I know your moth war is nothing to laugh about, but TREACHERY is a hilarious description.

I would NOT want to be a moth (or a worm egg) in your garden.

May your Moths and ALL offspring RIP, no, may they suffer
Yeah, without due diligence, it is easy to let a whole entire crop get spoiled. There is nothing like everything you worked on and cared about lovingly for 6 months to turn into shit over-night.
We will let no leaf go unturned! :lot-o-toke:

Driving thru Lester. I see we are getting prepared to don some amour and do battle with them well you know. I told ya I faired a lot better with the Captain Jack's, a lot. I dosed mine acouple weeks before harvest. Plants are looking healthy and happy. I've been fooled more than once about the males. Tall lanky females and short bushy males.............. Well glad to see your still up and growing.
Keepem Green
Howdy Captain Wood, good to have you drop by again. I know you had success with your Capt. Jack's product, I need to stick with that powder version of BT, I just can't spray my plants anymore with our ocean proximity, it just doesn't seem to help. But I'll look into what Capt. Jack's is composed of and take a gander. And yeah your definitely right, mother nature tends to take unexpected turns on us.. would not be surprised if the tall lanky one turned out female, and some of the nice bushy ones become male - oh that would suck, but hey its possible! Thanks for cruisin' in Capt. Wood! :surf:

Chronic weekend to you Relaxed and a Weederful Friday to you :thumb:
Thank you Hog, and a wonderful Sativaday back at ya! :thumb:
Hello! I loved your Hong Kong OG entry in the plant of the month contest so much I had to stop by!

Looking good :) I love the outdoors! Can you believe, not ONE o/d plant in PotY this time around?! Crazy talk.
Hi Thsea, and Welcome! Thank you for the very kind compliment about the HK OG plant, I always noticed the POTM contests are heavily indoor dominated, and I have seen spectacularly amazing and huge outdoor entries lose to small indoor LSTed bushes....not hating or anything, just seems to be hard to get recognition for the outdoor plants often, so I appreciate your words! I didn't think I'd get one vote for that thing, I threw it in to lighten the vibes up a bit. I'm sure we'll see a ton of awesome outdoor plants for this season, come September and what not. Perhaps they could make an outdoor contests for only September and October, that would be neat. Thanks for stoppin' by, feel free to shout whenever, also, feel free to skim through my "2nd Outdoor Medical Grow" journal to see some of the different things I did last year. :tokin:
Stopped in to say hello and check out your grow lookin good:peace::thumb::goodjob:

Hi there Harley001 :ciao:, thanks for peepin' in on this little experiment. Welcome aboard :welcome::passitleft:

Speaking of the devil RL, I just was looking at a GDP I started working with and I'm 99.9% sure it's a male. And she, well he, was starting to look pretty damn good.
gdp56.jpg

Happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Keepem Green

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Good evening weed Lester. Hope everything is going good for you. I took all my shake and did the dry ice method for hash today. Got 2.7oz of some good keif. Just under an oz of the first shaking and the rest by shaking the hell out of it for another minute. good stuff.

yea the first one I had was a really nice strong male the second one had issues and was male too
Happy Sativaday Relaxed :thumb:

Hey RL, just a little Florida, update there is a group here that got 1,000,000++ signatures to secure a MMJ proposal here. At first no one believed they could get the minimum number the petition needed to be heard but it seams like there is a very good shot at it. Just passing a little home town news, Happy Growing and ...Peace.....
:420: :thumb:

*********************GOOD MORNING**************************

For those that make hash, can the hash/keif be used for cooking or other projects, or is it in smokable form once extracted these ways?

It can be used for cooking or what ever. some say it doesn't need decarbing but I believe it still needs to be decarded to get it's full potential.

Speaking of the devil RL, I just was looking at a GDP I started working with and I'm 99.9% sure it's a male. And she, well he, was starting to look pretty damn good.
Happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Keepem Green
Wowzer, thanks for sharing that! Speak of the devil is right :wood:

Good evening weed Lester. Hope everything is going good for you. I took all my shake and did the dry ice method for hash today. Got 2.7oz of some good keif. Just under an oz of the first shaking and the rest by shaking the hell out of it for another minute. good stuff.
Good Skunkday to Ya Bill, things are well here, hope the same for you. Yeah, it seems that water extraction seems to leave the best product, meaning no nasty butane or dirty solvent residues left behind. Water residues are harmless...and it seems to be the hot ticket these days with that ice hash... definitely makes some great hash. Congrats on your haul, that should keep ya going for awhile. Well, Aloha!

yea the first one I had was a really nice strong male the second one had issues and was male too
Happy Sativaday Relaxed :thumb:
Mahalo! Happy Skunkday!!:grinjoint:

Hey RL, just a little Florida, update there is a group here that got 1,000,000++ signatures to secure a MMJ proposal here. At first no one believed they could get the minimum number the petition needed to be heard but it seams like there is a very good shot at it. Just passing a little home town news, Happy Growing and ...Peace.....

*********************GOOD MORNING**************************
Wow thanks for the great pic to wake up too. It was nice. Thanks for the news as well, I really hope they can get it passed there soon too. Sounds like a good start. Happy Skunkday goofy! :goof:

For those that make hash, can the hash/keif be used for cooking or other projects, or is it in smokable form once extracted these ways?
It depends on if the trim/buds used to make the kief/hash were decarboxylated (dried out) prior to running the extraction. If not, one would need to apply some heat after the fact in order to decarboxylate and turn it into its psychoactive form.

Showing THC concentration over time at different varying temperatures (for oil), as well as comparing the formation and degradation
decarboxylationchart_thumb.jpg

What actually happens when you decarb, is you turn a carboxylic acid functionality into an alcohol, making it psychoactive, all you do is typically need to have some water available and some heat to pop off CO2(g) which can just happen naturally when we dry out buds/trim. If not we need to use heating after the fact at low temp.
THCAtoTHC_thumb1.jpg

It can be used for cooking or what ever. some say it doesn't need decarbing but I believe it still needs to be decarded to get it's full potential.

Yeah, it just depends on what you want out of the medicine. Studies have shown that non-decarboxlyated analogues of molecules such as THC, and CBD have shown to be up to 10X more medicinally powerful when left in non-decarbbed form. This is why eating raw cannabis (leaves), aka juicing, can have a great medical use, as well as just simply not decarbbing it.. then people/kids can use the medicine without getting high, and even have greater medicinal power in their body... it just depends on the medical condition.

Oh yeah and Happy Skunkday brother Beemer! :passitleft:

Sorry if I didn't answer the question directly, went a little off topic with beemer. I would say if one were to use kief/hash to cook with, then to be way more careful with the dosing as it is now a "concentrate"

I have to agree with you on the effects of our herb. Juicing is becoming more and more poplar and is having great results with pain and inflammation. I will be using the keif to make the wifes insomnia capsules stronger. It's hard to make them strong enough to use as a sleeping pill. She takes 3 capsules right now to stay asleep all night. Works but it would be nice if she only had to take one. Also I'm retiring in a few months and I will be partaking after that. We just had our quarterly pee tests at work so I usually partake a little right after that. The hash was nice.

Two more "sense" worth, my sisters best friend in Colo. had been dealing with breast cancer. She has had a clean bill of heath the last 2 years but her time researching and trial and error. With a few other women with the "women" issues that effect them in there late 40`s early 50`s. By not cooking they found there best results, for medical use. Her best medicine was done by blending olive oil and the green buds. She would hang upside down on the stem for 2 days only, then mix the two in a blender to a paste. Almost like a pesto consistency. She would spin that through a juicer to separate and the fiber and leaves to mix into granola bars. The juice was the trick, she would mix it with grain alcohol and let it set for a week. To remove the alcohol you need to heat it over a double boiler of simmering water. Between 140* and 170* the alcohol starts to and will evaporate off, then by never getting over 200* you get the full medical aspects of the plant. They were and are not looking to get high and found that strains lower in THC had higher CBD`s or by pollinating all the females to seed, it gave better medical uses. She did note that for insomnia nothing beat 2 or 3 big blasts of OG Kush!!! Happy Hunting and...Peace.....

looks like they are loving the sun man
Happy Skunkday Relaxed :thumb:

Indeed, I just thought they would have started flowering by now, but perhaps the autoflower gene isn't being expressed due to some environmental condition...still waitin'!

Happy Munchday :high-five:

Indeed, I just thought they would have started flowering by now, but perhaps the autoflower gene isn't being expressed due to some environmental condition...still waitin'!

Happy Munchday :high-five:
What type of outdoor conditions would cause an auto to delay flowering? Just wondering Lest.

What type of outdoor conditions would cause an auto to delay flowering? Just wondering Lest.

Environmental... meaning it could be they have not had adequate time to adapt to the sun and moon cycles... because I had them inside under CFLs, and moved them outside into the sun daily probably has stunted the flowering hormone... although I read this shouldn't really matter with the ruderalis...

Environmental... meaning it could be they have not had adequate time to adapt to the sun and moon cycles... because I had them inside under CFLs, and moved them outside into the sun daily probably has stunted the flowering hormone... although I read this shouldn't really matter with the ruderalis...

Broke Ass has ESP.

I was just reading this subject in Ed Rosenthals latest grow bible. Funny BAR asked a similar question. I came pick Les's brain because we live very close.

I read that plants inside or out, will continue to veg, if exposed to light that interrupts the dark period. I'm considering a small 60 watt light, outside on a timer that comes on for 1 or 2 minutes? every few hours. From what I read this will keep the girl from flowering before you want it to, with no unwanted stress/harm/affect to plants. I will re-read it and add more another day. I am growing the same way as Les now, outside in daytime and under CFL's when dark outside.

Back
Top Bottom