RetiredRN Gorilla Glue, Northern Lights 2021 First Time Grower

Batting low average in here. lol I usually stick with gender neutral words when I don't know. And Im not even all up on that kind of woke culture, just from being on the internet and not knowing by handles who you might be talking to.
Ok.. looked up woke culture.. mmm..
Just stoned an bored (wo)man :)

Hey @Reave
No clue what woke culture is?
Siting in my loft bored out my head.. been locked down most of the year.
I shall keep that in mind for the future.
Cheers
Hey Bud love, smoke more weed. Thats my solution to just about everything. You can still find yourself bored but you won’t care that you are lol.

Batting low average in here. lol I usually stick with gender neutral words when I don't know. And Im not even all up on that kind of woke culture, just from being on the internet and not knowing by handles who you might be talking to.
Ok.. looked up woke culture.. mmm..
Just stoned an bored (wo)man :
Hey Bud love, smoke more weed. Thats my solution to just about everything. You can still find yourself bored but you won’t care that you are lol.
Yeah.. I can only agree with that
Peace an love fair lady :)

Ahoy there!
I see you are getting on here and that is good. I had a minute so figured I would share a thought or two.

The provision of cultural enhancement is readily accomplished via the language of love. Music my dear. My ladies have music piped down to them most of the day. The plants enjoy the energy of love in the music. That the gardener should also benefit would be an expectation. The music is good for you too! :love:

I would hope to have you consider your next few runs tending to photoperiod plants. You will learn more readily, and at a slower pace provided by the longer growing phases. This is only my opinion about auto's and new gardeners. Ask your team and stick with what is best.

Mrs. Maritimer says Hay! :hookah:

Ahoy there!
I see you are getting on here and that is good. I had a minute so figured I would share a thought or two.

The provision of cultural enhancement is readily accomplished via the language of love. Music my dear. My ladies have music piped down to them most of the day. The plants enjoy the energy of love in the music. That the gardener should also benefit would be an expectation. The music is good for you too! :love:

I would hope to have you consider your next few runs tending to photoperiod plants. You will learn more readily, and at a slower pace provided by the longer growing phases. This is only my opinion about auto's and new gardeners. Ask your team and stick with what is best.

Hey Maritimer
Hope the worlds treating you well
Listening to music is like treating your soul to a good meal ..:)
Peace & Love

Ahoy there!

Hey Maritimer, that all sounds great. My house must remain quiet during the day for my son to sleep because he works nights so the music isn’t possible due to the proximity of my tent to his sleeping room. And about the photoperiods, well, I like a good challenge and I must admit I may be a bit impatient. The humidity where I’m from is cruel at best during summer months and I didn’t plan on growing again until fall because a dehumidifier would be necessary to purchase to grow this summer. I also may want to get away for several days this summer so advertisement for a Cannabiis plants sitter wouldn’t be popular lol. Tell Mrs. Maritimer hi! Peace and good smoke to you my friend.

Hey @Emilya @StoneOtter @Virgin Ground . I can’t seem to keep problems at bay here. The brown spots are back on my gorilla glue auto. I been letting her dry out before watering again but shes 57 days old today and is very thirsty requiring watering every other day in her 3 gallon fabric pot. I feed her 1 tsp of fox farm beastie bloom in a gallon of water yesterday. I keep my temp 68.4f and RH is 45%. I’m at a loss about what she could possibly want or need at this point. My other three girls are northern light autos that are 48 days old today. The one Northern light plant that has buds on it has been flowering for a few weeks now , as it flowered very early in comparison to the other two plants that are just now getting pistols on them. The northern light plant in the back left is the runt of the plants and it seems to be catching up to its sisters but it’s not happy because it’s clawing and has been for a while now and no matter what I do for it it does not correct. The plant in the far right back is the other northern light plant that keeps showing signs of drooping before it’s time to water it and then it perks up for a day and then the next day it’s drooping again but the pot still has some weight to it and it’s not time to water it again. The two northern light plants that are not in flower right now were fed 1/2 a teaspoon of fox farm open Sesame to 1/2 gallon of water yesterday. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

79EC87D5-6D28-4F45-98DA-3CD432768B06.jpeg

478A7841-BECB-4DA8-80AD-64BF52E4D65D.jpeg

ED01B3F8-08FB-4F42-9883-73386571F39C.jpeg

17696093-19E7-4D45-81B6-698335B31F4E.jpeg

76B8A526-63B7-45BC-81B5-A01A5517BEC9.jpeg

Hi Rn, I wish I was better at diagnosing these things. Looking at the GG auto pic it looks like something I've had before and I don't remember what happened. A couple of things. I don't let them dry out to much when they're flowering. I do in veg but flowering time is time to water more. I try to end up with a watering cycle of 2 or 3 days. Another thing is this cold weather. I think you're ok at the temps you said. I'm not sure. I've been fighting the cold here and have had slow sickly plants. Soil temp needs to be above 64F to enable them to eat. From what I'm reading anyway. Seems to be working for me. The last pic looks like it has too much nitrogen maybe. There's a problem solver link in my siggy below that should explain. The dark green and clawed leaves are saying that. Check it out.

Are your lights on temps 68°.

Did you get a new pH meter?

When I look at them I see what I typically would find on plants that either had a pH issue or a temp issue.
If they were only underfed there wouldn't be leaf curl. Sounds like cold,wet feet.

Are your lights on temps 68°.

Did you get a new pH meter?

When I look at them I see what I typically would find on plants that either had a pH issue or a temp issue.
If they were only underfed there wouldn't be leaf curl. Sounds like cold,wet feet.
My lights on and lights off temp stays at 68°F. When the lights are off I have a heater inside the tent that will keep the temperature at 68 otherwise with lights out it would be running like 64°. I did get a new pH meter and I know the Foxfarm nutrients all run the pH very acidic so I did adjust it up after mixing the nutrients in to a ph of 6.3

Hugs to you too! No offense taken. I’m not too sure theres that many female growers anyway.
you’d be surprised, lots of females around here :)

Clarify for me please exactly what you just fed your plants. Did you say that you gave only the beasty blooms and only the open sesame, with no other FF nutes mixed in?
Yes thats correct. I’m guessing it’s wrong....

Yes thats correct. I’m guessing it’s wrong....
Yes, you need the balance that the rest of the nutrients provide along with it. Remember always that when you water in soil you should do feed/water/feed/water... alternating each time all through the grow. The soil has this thing called cation exchange capacity, CEC, and this is how much of the nutrient can be stored by the soil so as to be available to the plant later when the plant can use more. Nutrient feedings in soil are stronger in soil than in hydro for this reason... roughly half of the nutes that you use are taken up by the plant on the first pass, and then pH adjusted water on the next pass activates those nutes and makes them available to the plant, effectively cleaning up all the excess nutes in your soil.

So you did this thing and loaded the soil up with the supplements. Only the supplements have been stored in the soil and it if full up on those elements and not able to store the rest of what would come in with the full nute program. There is no more cation storing ability left over if you come in with nutes on the very next pass and if there is an excess of one thing or another it can cause all sorts of adverse reactions, since too much of one nute can block another.

Use the solubles as additions to the normal nutes you add every other time. Yes, it drives the pH even lower so that you have to adjust back upwards. The difference however will be that all of the nutes are in the correct balance and the buffering capability of the soil will hold the entire mix, and not just one or two elements that your plants are right now overdosing on.

I suggest a 3x flush to clear the soil of all stored nutrients, and then starting again... with the full mix at the proper dosages.

Yes, you need the balance that the rest of the nutrients provide along with it. Remember always that when you water in soil you should do feed/water/feed/water... alternating each time all through the grow. The soil has this thing called cation exchange capacity, CEC, and this is how much of the nutrient can be stored by the soil so as to be available to the plant later when the plant can use more. Nutrient feedings in soil are stronger in soil than in hydro for this reason... roughly half of the nutes that you use are taken up by the plant on the first pass, and then pH adjusted water on the next pass activates those nutes and makes them available to the plant, effectively cleaning up all the excess nutes in your soil.

So you did this thing and loaded the soil up with the supplements. Only the supplements have been stored in the soil and it if full up on those elements and not able to store the rest of what would come in with the full nute program. There is no more cation storing ability left over if you come in with nutes on the very next pass and if there is an excess of one thing or another it can cause all sorts of adverse reactions, since too much of one nute can block another.

Use the solubles as additions to the normal nutes you add every other time. Yes, it drives the pH even lower so that you have to adjust back upwards. The difference however will be that all of the nutes are in the correct balance and the buffering capability of the soil will hold the entire mix, and not just one or two elements that your plants are right now overdosing on.

I suggest a 3x flush to clear the soil of all stored nutrients, and then starting again... with the full mix at the proper dosages.
Ok, so when you say feed/water/feed/water do you mean for me to break up how I’m watering and make 4 separate passes of food,water,food,water on the day they are to be fed or are you saying that every other watering is to include nutrients ?

Back
Top Bottom