Hey Rex...did you check to see if your dehumidifier is on the recall list? Grow looks great!
Thank you for the reminder to double check (I did originally but not since the list was expanded). I'm good :yahoo:. Surprised it wasn't on the list (it's new but on the cheaper end), but thank goodness it's safe.

Well it's still a scorcher outside, right now I kinda envy the plants, chilling next to the AC in the tent. The 1st deficiency has shown up. I've added a bit more cal mag, however part of it appears to be a potassium deficiency when looking at it?
I can always add a bit of terpinator or Ocean Magic to raise the potassium content...I'll be heading back out in a few hours to see how they're progressing.

I've been bumping the light up slowly each day. Right now the plants are each receiving between 20-23k lux.

Day 12

Tent temp: 24C
Tent RH%: ~50-80%
Previous PPM: : 440 ppm
Current PPM: 466 PPM (slight drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 411 PPM
PH: 6.2 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 21.9C
Water level: barely changed, very slight drop

So it's boiling hot in here....and I'm looking forward to the new dream being achieved...owning a swimming pool :surf:, not going to happen soon but both the Mrs and I agree, next year hopefully.

So for now, I'll just enjoy sticking my head in the cooled tent every now and then :rofl:

I think potassium deficiencies are rare in veg, so I'd skip the Terp. You have so many nutes listed that I don't know what specifically to tell you, but it's more likely cal mag.

Also, 21,000 lux might be a bit high for them at this point.
Thank you

I shall stop bumping the light intensity for now (and keep a close eye for light burn).
I'll also wait to see if the bump in cal mag from earlier today stops it from progressing.

I agree with shed I also doubt a p deficiency but terpinator is very gentle and I couldn't see it hurting much , wow she is getting light !!! It's going to be tight node spacing for you good sir !!!!!! Looking good

Hey HashFart! Thank you, I just give 'em as much as they will tolerate without stress. If i see any phototropism then I know (/hope) that I'm hitting that happy spot for them. So far they've shown no stress, and are loving the ViparSpectra.

Hey HashFart! Thank you, I just give 'em as much as they will tolerate without stress. If i see any phototropism then I know (/hope) that I'm hitting that happy spot for them. So far they've shown no stress, and are loving the ViparSpectra.
I like to look at it as there is never to much light , I remember watching a video saying that everything else just has to keep up to the light,,,, I guess it's all about balance ,,,,, I'm risking it with my veg light now blasting my little ones

Hello friends, I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your weekends. The first little growth spurt has happened or started, and the Bruce Banner Auto is loving life at the moment. The White Berry Auto seems to be showing healthy new growth with the deficiency stopped. The Somango Auto is the smallest so far, but hopefully she'll pick up the pace soon. The @ViparSpectra P4000 is working wonderfully and I'm looking forward to seeing this solid light produce flowers.

Day 15

Tent temp: 27.5C
Tent RH%: ~50-70%
Current PPM: 420 PPM ( drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 451 PPM
PH: 6.6 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 20.7C
Water level: ? Will check tomorrow prior to res change.

Hello friends, I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your weekends. The first little growth spurt has happened or started, and the Bruce Banner Auto is loving life at the moment. The White Berry Auto seems to be showing healthy new growth with the deficiency stopped. The Somango Auto is the smallest so far, but hopefully she'll pick up the pace soon. The @ViparSpectra P4000 is working wonderfully and I'm looking forward to seeing this solid light produce flowers.

Day 15

Afternoon @Rexer! Is that normal growth for a 15 day old autoflower? Just curious!:hmmmm: They look great by the way!:thumb:

Afternoon @Rexer! Is that normal growth for a 15 day old autoflower? Just curious!:hmmmm: They look great by the way!:thumb:
Hi Cola,

Thank you!
I'd love to say in general for autos their probably roughly normal for their age, but the simple truth is- I'm not experienced enough to answer. The Bruce Banner is definitely the largest at this age that I've had.

Hi Cola,

Thank you!
I'd love to say in general for autos their probably roughly normal for their age, but the simple truth is- I'm not experienced enough to answer. The Bruce Banner is definitely the largest at this age that I've had.
I'm new to the autoflower thing myself and so far have had more than dismal results. :( I've only had two real autoflower plants that did alright but nothing like I see on the P.O.T.M. thread where some of those plants are huge throwing out multiple colas for me to gawk at in amazement.
How they do that with such a short veg. & flower time I'll never get or understand.:adore:

Thanks for the timely reply, much appreciated!:thanks:

I'm new to the autoflower thing myself and so far have had more than dismal results. :( I've only had two real autoflower plants that did alright but nothing like I see on the P.O.T.M. thread where some of those plants are huge throwing out multiple colas for me to gawk at in amazement.
How they do that with such a short veg. & flower time I'll never get or understand.:adore:

Thanks for the timely reply, much appreciated!:thanks:

The funny thing is, all I've ever grown is autos. But with different mediums the results will definitely vary. I think I've grown 8 in total to flower, but have read many many journals on here- and have seen the varied results you've said.

The only thing I could offer is, solid Genetics. Lots of training and careful defoliation. I'll be trying a slightly different approach for training then I've done in the past. The downside to lots of training and careful defoliation is that it delays flowering and turns it into a 100-120 day grow, and not the fast results that autos are often sought for.

One thing I haven't touched a lot on yet is lighting schedule. Currently they're on 24 hrs of light. I will eventually switch to an 18/6 light schedule, and will keep that until the end. Anything less then those two will reduce size and yield, IMO.

And the other, often said solid advice is pot size. Reducing transplanting and placing in a large final container will increase likelihood of having a larger plant. For this grow I'm using 10 gallon buckets.

Again this is all from my reading and limited experience. It's probably stuff you've heard before, but at its core is the same thing that I've seen in all the good auto journals I've followed.

The funny thing is, all I've ever grown is autos. But with different mediums the results will definitely vary. I think I've grown 8 in total to flower, but have read many many journals on here- and have seen the varied results you've said.

The only thing I could offer is, solid Genetics. Lots of training and careful defoliation. I'll be trying a slightly different approach for training then I've done in the past. The downside to lots of training and careful defoliation is that it delays flowering and turns it into a 100-120 day grow, and not the fast results that autos are often sought for.

One thing I haven't touched a lot on yet is lighting schedule. Currently they're on 24 hrs of light. I will eventually switch to an 18/6 light schedule, and will keep that until the end. Anything less then those two will reduce size and yield, IMO.

And the other, often said solid advice is pot size. Reducing transplanting and placing in a large final container will increase likelihood of having a larger plant. For this grow I'm using 10 gallon buckets.

Again this is all from my reading and limited experience. It's probably stuff you've heard before, but at its core is the same thing that I've seen in all the good auto journals I've followed.
I've been doing things the wrong way obviously starting with small containers in the beginning not big 10 gal. ones like you suggested. Ya live, ya learn! :laugh:
I've also been curious at what point I should start feeding autoflowers and how much to give them at each stage of their short life's and why I went back to photos for the time being so at least I'd have something to harvest every few months.

I've been doing things the wrong way obviously starting with small containers in the beginning not big 10 gal. ones like you suggested. Ya live, ya learn! :laugh:
I've also been curious at what point I should start feeding autoflowers and how much to give them at each stage of their short life's and why I went back to photos for the time being so at least I'd have something to harvest every few months.
Since you're growing kinda outdoors (I'm guessing you don't have much control over that environment?), I can tell you that from both my experience and from watching and asking others, the best autos are at least vegged in a controlled tent environment. Once they go into flower they'll do great outside, but they really seem to veg longer (and get much bigger before flowering) in more stable conditions.

It's why I gave up autos.

Hmm well, correct me if I'm wrong but you grow in soil correct? If so I *think* 5-7 gallon is the average used (and fabric/geo pots).

As for when to start feeding nutrients for recirculating hydroponics, I start very weak and diluted, and this go around presoaked the rapid rooters in it. Cal mag 1-0-0 (150ppm) , orca and ocean magic. Your aiming to stay below 200 ppm or so, including PH adjustment.
You can always make a larger batch then dilute it down to make it easier.

Raise or lower according to PPM/ph drops and rises. Then I started introducing the GH FloraNova grow in light amounts according to how the plants are feeding (again I use the ppm and ph to keep an eye). For me the hard part is I don't have the "head" for the NPK and micronutrient numbers. There is the hydrobuddy app, but it's beyond my level of current understanding. Someday.

So for each stage of it's life, I'll just keep upping the mix level in the res according to each reading. Around the time of flowering I'll switch from the Grow to the Bloom.

For soil, I think it depends on the soil and nutrients used. It's very much not my area of comfort- yet. For soil there are a few on here I could point to who could give solid answers my guessing.

And just as I was getting ready to click send, Shed gave a much better answer then my long rambling :rofl: :thanks:

Day 15

I was showing the hubby ur setup last night. They are looking awesome!
I think I need bigger fans. Not sure, but I can't keep the room temp cool enough (it is hot as hell here though). I also have to use the humidifier. I think our babies are about the same age. :D

:popcorn: looking forward to seeing what the P series is like.
Good job Rex.
Thanks Prof! Pleasure to have you here! So far I'm really impressed by the light
I was showing the hubby ur setup last night. They are looking awesome!
I think I need bigger fans. Not sure, but I can't keep the room temp cool enough (it is hot as hell here though). I also have to use the humidifier. I think our babies are about the same age. :D
Thanks Mcdoolit!
The fans help with many things, but the misconception is that it actually cools the space (unless used to push colder air into the space). Everything you plug in basically creates heat as a by product, even an AC (it just vented outside). Fans can help eliminate hot spots in a grow and helps with:

increased stalks Size- the fan creates a wind simulation which the plant then releases hormones to increase the strength of the stalks/branches.

Creating an environment that is not optimal for flying insects.

Helping with reducing the chances of Powdery mildew.

So I just did a quick res change a few minutes ago and put the following in the res:

Starting PPM of 98 (residual cal mag)

225 PPM after adding calmag
337 PPM after adding grow
360 PPM after adding ocean magic
380 PPM after adding Mycos chum
385 PPM after adding diamond nectar
397 PPM after adding terpinator
Current PH 6.9

Final ph 5.9
Final PPM 422 (After adding PH down)

Back
Top Bottom