Viparspectra XS-1500 Pro Always Growing In Tok's 2x4 Tent

Good Morning 20 Magazine.

I think I figured out my new computer, so it time for an catchup update.

As you can see both Green Cracks are flowering nicely under the XS1500 PRO. GC #1 has taken on the appearance of a pure sativa, the buds are a little on the airy side, but still developing. But, GC #2 is busy building buds and is now bigger than GC #1.

My other tent will be empty soon, and I will be doing 4 to 6 different strains for the summer. I have not selected what strains yet, but three of them will be a SIP grow and the remainder will be straight soil in @GeoPot 5 gallon fabric pots, using @GeoFlora Nutrients.

More on this next month.

Here are some current images from the last week.

I will have a better update in a day or so.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Time for another update.

Green Crack #1 is coming close to her finishing up. She really giving off a nice flora smell, and she icky sticky. Her flowering period is 44 days and she is approaching that soon. She should be ready to harvest next week.

Green Crack #2 is about two weeks out, so she coming up fast.
I want to try a SIP grow in my larger tent along side soil under a more power light. Don't get me wrong I think the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO is a excellent light. I just like more power when growing in my 4x4.

I am hoping to get my next grow started here soon with one each of Banana Pudding, Apple Betty, and Mango Mousse from @Herbies Seeds to start. I am thinking about doing 6 this grow so two or three may be in soil and three in SIP.

Images from the pass couple of days.

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

The images are the second try, the first ones I edit and then they disappeared.

Good morning, everyone and Happy Memorial Day.

It won't be much longer for GC#1 for harvest, probably at the end of the week. She has all brown pistil now (see notes 2017) Here are some of my learning notes;

Cannabis pistils notes 2017

Growing marijuana plants, you may notice hair-like growths developing on the calyxes. These are cannabis pistils, and you’ll be amazed at how much they can tell you about your weed crops.

Discover how to determine marijuana plants’ genders by inspecting the pistils in their early life cycles and why they’re important. Learn how the different colors can help you identify when they’re ready for harvest in the late flowering stage.

What are pistils on weed?

A pistil is a female cannabis plant’s reproductive organ located in the center of a flower. Its main functions are to produce seeds and receive weed pollen.

A weed pistil contains three parts—an ovary, a stigma, and a style. They resemble thin, long hairs emitting from the calyx of flowers in marijuana crops. Pistils on a weed plant usually develop during the early vegetative stage.

The pollen from male cannabis crops can pollinate female marijuana pistils. As a result, feminized plants will divert their energy into producing seeds rather than resinous flowers.

The importance of the cannabis pistils

Cannabis plant pistils are very important because they help us determine the genders of our marijuana crops. They also indicate the ideal time for harvesting during the late flowering phase.

Looking at what pistils are and gender identification in marijuana crops and the importance of pistil development in young and mature cannabis plants.

Sexing plants via the pistil on cannabis

Sexing via the pistil on a weed plant is a simple technique to determine the genders of your weed shrubs. If you observe cannabis pistils on your crops in the early vegetative cycle, congratulations are in order! You have female plants.

Most growers buying cannabis seeds in the US opt for feminized variants. These weed plants usually produce the THC-rich buds we all know and love. Marijuana crops can develop into three sexes—male, female, and hermaphrodite (intersex).

Male weed crops grow pollen sacks that swell and burst and can pollinate your female plants if they’re nearby. Female and hermaphrodite marijuana shrubs display cannabis pistils, but the latter can develop male sex organs or ‘nanners’ to impregnate your ladies.

Other factors may trigger the development of nanners in your ladies. Light and heat stress can induce sex changes in female crops. It’s important to monitor them during their flowering phase to help prevent hermaphrodite marijuana plants from forming.

Weed pistils & young cannabis plants

It’s common knowledge among cannabis cultivators that male crops usually develop flowers sooner than females. Most experienced growers can identify male and female plants through pistil observation around 4–6 weeks after germination.

Pay close attention to the crops during the start of the vegetative stage for signs of pistils. Early cannabis pistils are obvious and develop near the top of the marijuana plant. They can also protrude from random nodes, so inspecting all of your weed shrubs is crucial.

Cannabis pistils & mature cannabis plants

Marijuana plants from autoflower and fast growing weed seeds tend to flower faster than feminized and regular crops. As a result, the cannabis pistils emerge from the flowers and quickly change color. They move from snowy white to sunset reds and oranges in a matter of days.

The colors of your cannabis pistils are a great indicator of how your feminized marijuana plants are progressing in their flowering phase. There are three key flowering stages:

Early flowering stage: The pistils on cannabis are usually white on your marijuana crops before they start turning into different colors.

Mid-flowering phase: Different hues begin to develop, and your cannabis plants start showcasing red, orange, or pink pistils.

Late flowering stage: The weed pistils develop more striking and deep red, amber, and brown colors.

How can pistils on a weed plant help with harvesting?

Marijuana pistils are an excellent visual aid to determine when your weed crops’ buds are ready for picking. In the late flowering stage, the naked eye can easily spot the colorful pistils protruding from female cannabis plants.

When observing weed pistils, many cannabis cultivators call time on their marijuana crops’ life cycles depending on their colors. Your flowers aren’t ready for harvest if the pistils on plants are still white or have pale orange or pink shades.

Exposure to nighttime allows the cannabis pistils to turn richer and deeper in color. When ¾ of the pistils are red, orange, or brown and start curling inwards, it’s time to harvest those buds.

Cannabis plant pistils and other indicators like sticky buds and shimmering trichomes are great tools for determining when harvest time is here.

Weed pistils: important indicators of your plants’ progression

Cannabis pistils are an invaluable part of a weed plant that helps us distinguish their genders. They’re important to marijuana breeders and cultivators who wish to segregate male and female shrubs or pollinate them to create new strains.

The weed pistils’ changing colors also help us observe a plant’s progress during the flowering cycle. The beautiful red and orange hues inform us when to harvest and contribute to cannabis bag appeal.

Now everyone knows the importance of pistils.

If you are wondering why the plants is so short. It is because, my 2x4 tent is only five feet tall, so when I use it to grow a full-term plant, height is a determining factor. I normally use my small tent as a veg tent for something large in my 4x4 tent which is 80 inches tall.

No images today, but more to come.

Tok..

Good morning all,

Time for another up date.

Green Crack #1 will be harvested in about three days. Her pistol are brown/red and I do not believe she will develop going to develop anymore. Trichomes are just about all cloudy, sorry still unable to get a good image, but I am working on it.

Green Crack #2 is right behind #1 and will need about another 10 days or so. She is going to be slight larger than #1 and has more bud site. By the time I harvest Green Crack #2 my flower tent will be empty also. Probably take the month of June off, we'll see. I opened up #2 by removing some of the blocking leaves to allow better light adsorption of the buds.
IMHO I think she looks better opened up.

Here are some current images.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends'
Tok..

The exciting time is coming soon.
Looking forward to seeing the GC#1 hung, it must be cute. :yahoo:

Time for an update.

Green Crack #1 is down to her last couple days before chop. She was a different kind of grow, as far as looks. She has the appearance of a sativa plant more so than a Green Crack normally looks. Except for a soil problem at the beginner of this grow both #1 and #2 were grown identically. The @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO has performed fantastically, providing the right spectrum to take a seed from germination to harvest. If anyone would ask, I would highly recommend this LED for budget or full spectrum. The only thing holding this LED back is the 150 watts, but daisey chaining this light would provide a grower with the power they want. Think about the possibilities, one light150, two lights 300, three lights 450, four lights 600.

Green Crack #2 has about 10 days to go before harvest. She is a little bigger than GC#1 and has more bud site, and she shows more of the characteristics of Green Crack. Needless to say, but I will anyways, Green Crack #2 has the very flora smell that I am accustomed to. Both plants a very incky sticky. I give GC#2 about another week or so. I removed some leaves that where blocking bud site on #2 and to open her up some more.

That's all for today folks.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Good morning all,

Time for another up date.

Green Crack #1 will be harvested in about three days. Her pistol are brown/red and I do not believe she will develop going to develop anymore. Trichomes are just about all cloudy, sorry still unable to get a good image, but I am working on it.

Green Crack #2 is right behind #1 and will need about another 10 days or so. She is going to be slight larger than #1 and has more bud site. By the time I harvest Green Crack #2 my flower tent will be empty also. Probably take the month of June off, we'll see. I opened up #2 by removing some of the blocking leaves to allow better light adsorption of the buds.
IMHO I think she looks better opened up.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends'
Tok..
Only 44 days of flower eh? Wow.

Thanks for stopping by @Jon

This is a Fast Flowering version of Green Crack that HSO came out with about 4 years ago, before they got in trouble with the Spanish Government. This is one of the fast strains I have grown, and she never disappoints. I don't except to get a large grow this years, just something to fill some jars.

The two GC's are just about finished, I will be placing them in the dark period soon. My 4x4 tent grow is just about finished, so I will use that tent for the dark period.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Just when I thought GC #1 was finishing up, then today I noticed a lot of white pistils. Maybe she not as near to finishing as I thought she was. The trichomes are still clear to cloudy and I have not seen any amber one yet. As it stands, my guess would be about one more week.

GC #2 is still building buds turning into colas, her color is the color I am used to when growing Green Crack. A very light green with plenty of buds and pistils. She is also larger than GC #1.

That's all for today.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Tok..

looking good Tok! the @ViparSpectra XS 1500 pro is doing awesome job
Got a question for you you were struggling with some Bud Rot did it have anything to do with your SIP?
Im going thru some issues with a Swick from ACin and need to transplant them into gro buckets are you happy with yours? and would you use them again?

Thank you for stopping by @ViparSpectra Valerie

The two of them, one in summer and one in autumn :yahoo:
Not much longer now and Green Crack #1 will be ready for chop. GC #2 will be about 10 days behind GC 1.

Thank you for stopping by @Savvage61

I did not have bud rot, but in late flower I am always looking for it.
Would I do another SIP grow? My answer would be yes, I want to try and grow one that will fill my tent. That being said, I would not give up on DWC growing. I enjoy watching a plant develop quickly.

The two SIP's I have going now are under @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO LED, but I would like to try one plant in a 4 x4 to see if it does really compare to Hydro.

Here are some current images of both Green Cracks.

I will most likely be harvesting Green Crack #1in the next day or so.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @ViparSpectra Valerie

Not much longer now and Green Crack #1 will be ready for chop. GC #2 will be about 10 days behind GC 1.

Thank you for stopping by @Savvage61

I did not have bud rot, but in late flower I am always looking for it.
Would I do another SIP grow? My answer would be yes, I want to try and grow one that will fill my tent. That being said, I would not give up on DWC growing. I enjoy watching a plant develop quickly.

The two SIP's I have going now are under @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO LED, but I would like to try one plant in a 4 x4 to see if it does really compare to Hydro.

Here are some current images of both Green Cracks.

I will most likely be harvesting Green Crack #1in the next day or so.

Tok..
You really pulled some nice colors out of them, especially the dark pheno. Wow.

Thanks for stopping by @Jon

I think some how the wet organic soil she started out in had something to do with her appearance. The other Green Crack has the same soil now which is a mix of Promix Organic and their HP soil also, it just did not have to endure the wet soil after germination.

The placement of @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO makes a different when growing, and growers need to know that when two LED's is placed in a 2x4 tent two plant can be grown separately if the lights are in line. When the LED's are placed side by side, the two XS1500 PRO effectively becomes a 300 watt light with full 2x4 tent coverage. So how they are placed in the tent dictates weather you can grow one or two plants with the XS1500 PRO.

Just waiting the word on starting four different strains in my 4x4. The Girl Scout Cookies in there currently should be done next week. I hope. Then I will be doing one of each of the @Herbies Seeds Desert package, just need to figure what light I will be using.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

The placement of @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO makes a different when growing, and growers need to know that when two LED's is placed in a 2x4 tent two plant can be grown separately if the lights are in line. When the LED's are placed side by side, the two XS1500 PRO effectively becomes a 300 watt light with full 2x4 tent coverage. So how they are placed in the tent dictates weather you can grow one or two plants with the XS1500 PRO.
I'm so glad I read this. I am now concerned that I may not have my lights properly mounted for my two plant grow. I have them side by side. Please double check for me Tok and I may need to get the handyman back again. How did I miss this!
Here's the link to the post with the lights above the pots. tia

The way you have them mounted is better for one plant and better coverage for a 2x4 tent. Just turn the light so they are in line with each other.

This is in line mounting and will give you a dead spot at the end of each light between the two lights. This is not a bad thing, just a different way of utilizing the lights, and the space available. Overall, so far I would give @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO two thumbs up.

Hope this helps.

Grow well my friend,
Tok..

The way you have them mounted is better for one plant and better coverage for a 2x4 tent. Just turn the light so they are in line with each other.
There is no easy way is there? Do I have to get the handman back to drill new holes?
This is in line mounting and will give you a dead spot at the end of each light between the two lights. This is not a bad thing, just a different way of utilizing the lights, and the space available.
Is that when they are length ways?

Hope this helps.
Thank you!
Grow well my friend,
Tok..
You too Tok

Back
Top Bottom