Viparspectra XS-1500 Pro Always Growing In Tok's 2x4 Tent

Thank you for stopping by @Hash Hound

When nutrient line are you using? How far along is your ladies?

This is also a new one on me, also. I am currently giving SIP grow style a chance, and I don't think the organic mix will be enough to get through the whole grow. Since, I am feeding from the bottom of the plants roots, I figured way not try using my Hydro nutrients. So far, so good.

@Hash Hound Maybe we can have a cup of coffee some where some time. Your across the three rivers and I am across the yellow bridges. Only a few will catch that one.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

I'm using 20-50% @Prescription Blend in the bottom of my swicks with 7g bags with a 4th run of Black Gold organic amended with some Dr Earth and some minerals. Tomorrow is one week into the 7th week droughting and they aren't drooping a bit. The pots are getting light though.

Organic mixes in a 5g does need to be fed more with some topdressing.
Your buckets lose space to the reservoir so you even have less than 5g's of soil.

A 7g bag usually gets me through a grow without top dressing but I would use 2 or 3 teas during flower, maybe like a half gal per plant. All I ever added to the bottom was some Blue Planet powdered cal-mag the first 4 weeks. Plain water the rest of the way.

This round I probably didn't even need any nutes but it was already amended before I won the nutes. That's why I've only been using 20-50% strength.
I've noticed very lush green on all the Prescription Blend fed plants people are growing, even up to the end.
That's another reason I went on the light side. I like a nice fade. Seven weeks and I'm still lush green.

Meeting up is cool with me. I'll message you on that one.
Hmmm I think my bridge is blue

this is Barneys Banana Punch no larf at all flowered at 4 weeks no topping. It smells like banana popcicles taste if that makes any sense.

this my Widow from seeds I made, I haven't seen a bad leaf on either plant.

I already had some bud rot on the top of the main cola, I snipped it off but I expect more, these buds are thick and juicy. One of the least hairy plants I've grown. Thick as can of Iron City

Very nice and nicely coated @Hash Hound

Well both GC's are now on 12/12 with both @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO is set at 100 % . The current heights of the lights are at 18 inches on the GC#1, and 22 on GC#2. These heights will change soon, I haven't decided if I will drop a net on them to control the spread across the 2x4 area. If I do this, it will be easier to level out the canopy on both plants,

Currently, both GC's are responding nicely, but GC#1is going into flower full speed, since she had a rough start.

@ViparSpectra I will post again in the next couple days if I can, I am currently having computer issues and need to get it fix or buy a new one. I will post again as soon as I can.

Tok..

Time for an update:

First off I should get my new CPU today. For some reason my computer when haywire on me. It is only 14years old :laugh:so, I will try to do one last update on this old slightly old computer. I would build my own again, but that takes to long figuring what parts I want to put into it.

Both Green Crack are on their own and doing well. Which brings me to differences. Green Crack is said to be a cross between a 1989 Super Sativa Seed Club, a Skunk #1, and an Afghani landrace. Well, I think I may have the phenome of the Skunk #1. If you are wondering why I said, that take a look at both Green Cracks side by side. GC#1 is dark green with very sativa looking leaves. Whereas, GC#2 is a much lighter green and color and a short stocky plant. This is the first time growing Green Crack where it shows a variation in the plant.
Both plants are on @Prescription Blend nutrient line week two on the flowering schedule, and taking up the solution at a steady rate daily. @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO are both set at 100%, with a height of 16 " inches above the plan.

Feel free to ask any question you like, it doesn't necessary have to be about this grow.

Tok..

This is a find update. I believe I fix my computer issues, but I also bought another computer. Even though the old one works, I had already bought a new one. I think I will keep the new one, because the one I think I fixed is 14 or so years old. Anyways back to the update.

@ViparSpectra the XS1500 PRO has been doing a phenomenal job for only being a 150 watts light. The spread is there, the light intensity is there, and the arrangement of the Samsung LM301B Diodes seem to provide a very effective pattern.

Both Green Crack's are doing well with no problems or issues to speak of. GC#1 has taken her own path, she looks like a pure sativa. I have not grown a GC this dark and the leaf structure is completely different from GC#2 and others I have grown in the past. I wondering if the problem I had at the beginning of the grow with the wet organic soil for nearly ten days before I changed it has anything to do with it. I have not heard of such a thing, but I don't clam to know all there is to know about this plant.

Both @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO is set at 100% at 16 inches above Both GC's. Since both GC where placed under the 12/12 at the same time I will have the light distances set according the each plants perspective height. GC#1 started growing about 10 days before GC#2, so they are different in height.

Here is some current images.

Well that's all for now.
May the fourth be with you.

Tok..

This is a little better example of the difference between the two Green Crack. GC#1 was originally started in organic soil I had left over from last year. I new it was on the moist side when I started, but it wasn't moist it was wet. So, needless to say this effected the growth of GC#1. I waited for about 10 days before I added some Promix HP to thin the soil out some.
Apparently, this misstep effected the overall look of the plant. Where a normal GC has a light green appearances, GC#1 is noticeable darker. The differences don't stop there, not only are her leaves darker, they are very thin little a 100% sativa.
Now if you look at GC#2 you will see her color is a lot lighter than GC#1, and her leaves are a little wider like most cannabis hybrids strains.

Here are some side by side images.

Any thoughts @ViparSpectra ?

Tok..

Good afternoon 420 Magazine

I time for another up date.

Green Crack #1 is busy building buds and overall looks pretty good. Still showing the characteristics of a sativa, which is cool, just wasn't expected. The @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO is currently set at 100% at a distances of 14 inches. I have been talking more about GC#1 than I have about GC#2. GC#2 is marching to it's own beat, she is shorter than GC#1, but no by much now. The funny thing about GC#2 is she has been on a 12/12 light schedule for about two weeks and has not transited into flower yet.

GC#2 is about 10 days behind GC#1, but aside from that both plants where treated the same. I suspect that GC#2 will start her transit but the end of next week. I believe that she will end up taller than GC#1 also, we'll see.

Some current images.

As always feel free to ask questions.

Tok..

Hi Tok,

Green Crack #1 is busy building buds and overall looks pretty good. Still showing the characteristics of a sativa, which is cool, just wasn't expected. The @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO is currently set at 100% at a distances of 14 inches. I have been talking more about GC#1 than I have about GC#2. GC#2 is marching to it's own beat, she is shorter than GC#1, but no by much now. The funny thing about GC#2 is she has been on a 12/12 light schedule for about two weeks and has not transited into flower yet.

GC#2 is about 10 days behind GC#1, but aside from that both plants where treated the same. I suspect that GC#2 will start her transit but the end of next week. I believe that she will end up taller than GC#1 also, we'll see.

Some current images.

Tok..
I am interested that you say your XS1500 PRO is 14 inches from the plants at 100 %. I've observed that another member has theirs at 50 % 18 inches away from flowering autos. What distance and intensity did you start the seeds / seedlings at?

Some current images.

Tok..
You’re really looking good TR 🤩 and I like the Sativa pheno but I’m wondering what’s the flowering time for them? CL🍀

Both GC's really looked quite different, it seems that CG1 become more variable than CG2.
A small correction, XS1500 Pro used 281B diodes at present. With the lens, its efficiency is not lower than the 301B.

Thanks for stopping by @Carmen Ray , @CaptainLucky and @ViparSpectra

Thanks for the question @Carmen Ray . Here are the setting and heights I used during this grow.

Stage ---- XS1500 PRO setting ---- Height

Seedling ---- 25% ---- 24 Inches
Early Veg. ---- 50% ---- 20 Inches
Late veg ---- 75% ---- 18 Inches
Early flower ---- 75 - 100% ---- 16 Inches
Late flower ---- 100% ---- 14 inches

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your kind words @CaptainLucky

@ViparSpectra Thank you for the correction : A small correction, XS1500 Pro used 281B diodes at present. With the lens, its efficiency is not lower than the 301B.

Even though it is a lower production number, it still has the penetration power need to get the job done.

Tok..

Good Morning 420 Magazine, I hope everyone is doing and growing well.

Time for another update.

Green Crack #1 is pushing through flower and starting to stack up. For a small plant she has a large number of buds site. Which could be contributed to the penetration power of the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO. She may look a little on the rag tag side, but she is building buds daily. GC#1 is about 10 days ahead of GC#2, but GC#is in full flower stage.

GC#2 was stuck in the veg stage even under 12/12, so I had to give her a trim of all her larger leaves, to push her into flower stage. Sometimes a plant will have a problem transiting from one stage to the next. When this happens, normally stress will cause the plant to react. If this occurs between stages the stress will normally force her to move on.

Since defoliating GC#2 a couple of days ago, she has moved into the next stage of growth. She should have some stretch, but it should not be to much. Currently the XS1500 PRO is still set at 14 inches above the canopy at 100%. They are both bring fed the same thing, @Prescription Blend week 3 of flower or about 950 -1000 ppm's. I have them both on a 2 gallons of solution to two gallons of RO water. It takes about two days to go through 1 gallon of solution per plant, so they are feeding steady and enjoying it.

That's all folks.
Don't forget to ask questions.

Tok..

Sometimes a plant will have a problem transiting from one stage to the next. When this happens, normally stress will cause the plant to react. If this occurs between stages the stress will normally force her to move on.
interesting, thanks

Your plants look lovely in there.

Thank you, for stopping by @Carmen Ray

I see you are also testing out the XS1500 PRO?

Ever since I used the @ViparSpectra XS 2000, I have been enjoying their product/s. It is nice to be able to get a quality LED light at a affordable price. I know they are always trying to stay a step ahead of their competition in this market and I personally thing they are doing a great job.

Currently, I am also testing two of their XS1500 PRO in my 2x4 tent and the two different Green Cracks phenotype's seem to enjoy the light a lot. I had mentioned the one of them seem to be staled in her development. This happen some times and most grower are stumped what to do. It is not a big deal, all you need to do is convince the plant to move on. I handle is with a little defoliation, to get her attention and force her to start developing and move on.

I hope this helps explain what I am doing.

Well, back to reading your journal with the XS1500 PRO.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Ever since I used the @ViparSpectra XS 2000, I have been enjoying their product/s. It is nice to be able to get a quality LED light at a affordable price. I know they are always trying to stay a step ahead of their competition in this market and I personally thing they are doing a great job.

Currently, I am also testing two of their XS1500 PRO in my 2x4 tent and the two different Green Cracks phenotype's seem to enjoy the light a lot. I had mentioned the one of them seem to be staled in her development. This happen some times and most grower are stumped what to do. It is not a big deal, all you need to do is convince the plant to move on. I handle is with a little defoliation, to get her attention and force her to start developing and move on.

Well back to reading your journal with the XS1500 PRO.

Tok..
Thanks for the tip TR, I’ll make a mental note of it. CL🍀

Yes, that makes sense thank you Tok.
Well, back to reading your journal with the XS1500 PRO.
Thank you for reading my journal. It's in the introductory stage as I am getting my plans in motion. I had an unexpected delay to the start of my grow. I'll be wetting seeds soon.
Tok..
Thank you Tok, you too :)

It's time for another update of the Green Cracks under @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO.

Both GC # 1 and 2 are the same height now is both XS1500 PRO's are set at the same height of 14" above the developing buds. I may lower the light to eleven inches the last couple of weeks, but I haven't decided yet. I need to pickup something for taking images of trichomes. I normally don't take these, and I don't think I can do it with my phone. I have about four weeks to find one before I need it.

GC#2, she is showing flower stage now, so let the show begin.
Images are from the last couple of days.

That's all for now.

Tok..

She has small dense buds, smells, and looks divine :thumb:

Thank you for stopping by @ViparSpectra Valerie ,

oh yaa,

Both Green Crack are coming along nicely, now that they are both in flower stage.

GC#1 is starting to stack up on her buds, while GC#2 is just starting to build cola's. Everything is going smooth and I really have not done anything special. So what you see is all the effects on their development is all due to @ViparSpectra little powerhouse of a light XS1500 PRO. The spectrum is definitely dialed in for for flower, and she is showing the results.

Tok..

I apologize for the delays in updating my journal with images, but I just purchased a new computer and I am having growing pains. Currently, I am unable to transfer image of my phone to the computer, to edit and post. I hope to have this figure out in the next couple days.

Both Green Cracks are developing very well in flower and loving the light from two @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO. I have images and as soon as I can download them to my computer I will post them.

Sorry for the delay; will update the post and images as soon as possible.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom