Viparspectra XS-1500 Pro Always Growing In Tok's 2x4 Tent

@ViparSpectra here is a detail explanation, of how I germinate seeds in 24 hours.

How I germinate cannabis seeds in 24 hours.

There are many ways to germinate seeds, but to do it in 24 hours requires a certain technique. I am not going to go through all the ways to germinate a seeds, I am just going to tell you how I germinate. Pay attention or you will miss it.

All I do is dampen a paper towel, place the seed/s in the middle. Then I put one drop of Rapid Root on the paper towel above the seed/s. I then place in a plastic sandwich bag; which I blow in and seal the bag. Next, I place the bag on top of the vent-less heater I have in my garage for 24 hours and bang; tail root appears. This proves the light heat needed to start the germination process. I normal leave the seed in the plastic bag for another day to aloud the taproot to get bigger. By doing this it creates a terrarium effect inside the plastic bag and proves enough moisture to crack the shell of the seed and feed the taproot.

I forgot to mention, all I use is tap water for seeds.

Any thoughts?

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..
It’s funny how many different ways people germinate beans and I say whatever works best for you is the best way then. Personally I like to soak for a hour 1 part peroxide to 10 parts water. Scuff and into a paper towel moistened with the solution n then zip lock bag in a warm dark place. CL🍀

It’s funny how many different ways people germinate beans and I say whatever works best for you is the best way then.
Pretty agree! :D
Both #1 and #2 have new growth! Seems they can grow together without giving up either.:ganjamon:

I actually have had this equipment for a couple years, I was going to grow winter tomatoes, but never did.

So, since I normally do soil in the hotter months; I figured why not give it a go. It does seem to be straight forward and watering/ or feeding require a lot less nutrients. I am using 5 gallon buckets and there is about a gallon or so of water/solution in the bottom, with a air gap of about an inch or so, and soil above that. It intrigues me because it is compared to Hydro grows. Many on here have build their own system. You should give it a look.

I actually have had this equipment for a couple years, I was going to grow winter tomatoes, but never did.

So, since I normally do soil in the hotter months; I figured why not give it a go. It does seem to be straight forward and watering/ or feeding require a lot less nutrients. I am using 5 gallon buckets and there is about a gallon or so of water/solution in the bottom, with a air gap of about an inch or so, and soil above that. It intrigues me because it is compared to Hydro grows. Many on here have build their own system. You should give it a look.
:ganjamon: SIP buckets get a constant supply of moisture allowing the plant to grow continuously, also help protect plants against drying out too quickly between your watering routine.:thumb:

Good morning 420 Magazine and good evening Valerie.

Green Crack one and two are coming along nicely.
Green Crack #1 is growing but a lot slower than I like, so I may just put this in the tent with GSC, haven't decided yet. She still growing slower than #2, so we will see.

Green Crack #2 is growing well and about ready to be transplanted this week to a larger (5-gallon) container this week.

Green Crack #1

Green Crack #2

The main reason I am trying a Sip grow is because of the way it is compared to hydro. Both are fed from the bottom. SIP and DWC do have a few similarities. SIP uses soil to transport water to the roots; allowing the roots to stretch down to get to the water reserve. Where as in DWC the root are literally are suspended in the solution.

Can you think of more ways they are similar?

As I mention earlier, I will be placing Green Crack #2 into its SIP bucket this week. I checked the roots and I am going to let her go for a couple more days.

What's all for now, more to come soon.

Tok..

They are looking good! Is the paper bark to keep moisture #1 in the soil?

Yes, @ViparSpectra Valerie it is to keep the solution from evaporating up through the soil. I was going to mention that on this update.

So, I am off and running, both Green Cracks are now in SIP bucket. I will veg for about 4 to 5 weeks and then switch to 12 and 12. I will be making another cardboard insert for the top of the second bucket. I had some old mulch in there and was worried it might attract critters, so I am using cardboard until I pick something else up.

The @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO is now set at 75% with the height of about 20 inches.

Happy 420.
Happy Anniversary on the big 30 420 Magazine. Thank you Rob, and the rest of the staff working so diligently to make this a premier cannabis awareness site.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Yes, @ViparSpectra Valerie it is to keep the solution from evaporating up through the soil. I was going to mention that on this update.

So, I am off and running, both Green Cracks are now in SIP bucket. I will veg for about 4 to 5 weeks and then switch to 12 and 12. I will be making another cardboard insert for the top of the second bucket. I had some old mulch in there and was worried it might attract critters, so I am using cardboard until I pick something else up.

The @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO is now set at 75% with the height of

Happy 420.
Happy Anniversary on the big 30 420 Magazine. Thank you Rob, and the rest of the staff working so diligently to make this a premier cannabis awareness site.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..
I really like the cardboard, enough that Im going to make some to fit my pots. that would not only keep moisture in, it will keep critters out. it is so bad here in VA when people mow their lawn they tie themselves down. there are rumors that there are cases of people being carried away by Gnats and never seen again.
looking awesome Grow on Brother Grow on :thumb:

How is it going @Savvage61

I see your ladies are doing well, looking happy and healthy. The cardboard is because I did not want to use garden store mulch. Maybe, I will add some stones to spice it up, but for the time being the cardboard will do the job.

Both Green Cracks have started to the respond at a nice paced, enjoying and sucking up the light from two @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO. Currently the XS1500 PRO is set at 75% and at a height of 22 inches, and the plants are loving it. With two plants in my 2x2; I will only veg for about 30 days or so, and then induce flower by changing their light schedule to 12/12. This should be more than enough time to fill this tent.

Last feed they where both on week two of @Prescription Blend nutrient schedule, and everything looks great, nice color and growing vigorously. Still getting the feel for bottom feeding and water schedule. I have been giving them three water fillings between feedings and it seems to be working currently.

Here are some images from the last three days.

If you have any questions, I am normally logged in during the day.

Tok..

edit: When I work in the tent later, I will add more soil and a cardboard insert for the second Green Crack.

Wow your girls are looking great, Looks like I need to move my @vipar XS 1500 pro Higher I think I underestimated Just how much PPF they are dishing out, Im use to dealing with the older COB 100-150 watt . They do an amazing Job. they may look little but they will get the job done
Grow ON !! :green_heart:

Thanks for stopping by @Savvage61

Right now, Green Crack #1 looks a little hodgepodge and wiry, but that will change soon, once training starts. Both Green Crack's are starting to respond well to the SIP system of growing. They are starting to add some height and branching out nicely. Where @ViparSpectra xs1500 PRO provides the strength of the sun, while @Prescription Blend feeds them the nutrients needed to grow big and strong.

I will be back a little later, time to check on the plants needs, and take more images.

Grow well my friends,
Tok..

Beautifully done Tokin, hope you had a nice weekend! :green_heart:
When will the train start?

When will the train start?
@ViparSpectra I am boarding the train now and will depart for Flowering in three days; also, before I forget enjoy the May Day celebrations. This version of Green Crack is a F/F, which stands for Fast Flowering. This F/F version of Green Crack only has a 44 to 50 day flowering cycle to finish up. So it should prove to be a quick ride. The outcome all depends of the amount of time allowed to veg., which in this case is 33 days for GC#1 and 23 days for GC#2. I still think it will be enough to fill this 2x4 tent under the two @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO Amazon.com

I added some nutrients yesterday morning with @Prescription Blend nutrient schedule week three, which gave me about 900 or so ppm's. GC#1 is definitely showing signs she is ready for flower, and GC#2 will be a little early, but she will be fine.

Here is the breakdown of Green Crack F/F

Fast Flowering Green Crack by Humboldt Seed Organization is a feminized, Indica-dominant marijuana strain that stands out for her speed, her heavy yields, and an intense and penetrating sweet aroma, with notes of spices and citrus fruits. She’s the result of a cross between a male Green Crack Auto and a female Green Crack; a strain that grows vigorously and can tackle any situation that she’s faced with.

Speed and pedigree

A delicious and fast genetic equal to the best classic strains

Fast Flowering Green Crack showcases highly valued classic features regarding resistance, yield, flavor, and effect. And, on top of all that, she's got a major trait up her sleeve: out-of-this-world speed. Her flowering phase ranges between 44 and 50 days, which makes cultivation easier as more indoor crops can be grown for a given space, and last-minute setbacks can be avoided when grown outdoors.

She develops into mid-sized plants with Sativa-looking leaves and internodes; her branches are long and her elongated leaves are quite sparse. This morphology allows for optimum growth as the plant is exposed to plenty of air and light while she's growing. Her abundant crops, full of healthy, extremely aromatic, bulky and sticky buds, are always cause for joy.

A true gift for your senses

A powerful aroma and a soothing effect that will invade your body, mind and soul

Fast Flowering Green Crack makes her presence felt wherever she is. She always takes center stage in any garden with her sassy, enveloping aroma that reaches deep. But this doesn't only occur while she's growing… when you taste her, a flavorful tidal wave invades your palate, producing great pleasure. Her relaxing and balanced effect due to her high THC levels (of up to 18%) is also worthy of mention due to its effectiveness in alleviating stress and tension.

You really can't ask for more… On top of all the traits regarding her effect and aroma, she's easy to grow, doesn't need much attention, and produces good and abundant weed in record time. It is important to emphasize her 'FAST' nature, which makes her a successful crop in any climate or environment. Her speed hinders possible fungus or pest attacks, and guarantees first-class results

Genotype 60% Indica / 40% Sativa
Cross Green Crack Auto x Green Crack
Suitable for Indoors and outdoors
Indoor flowering 44-50 days
Indoor yield 600 g/m2
Outdoor harvest time Mid-September
Outdoor yield 1200 g/plant
Outdoor height 2.5 m

More images coming soon.

Tok..

looks like you're off to a good start Tok. Are you feeding full strength nutes and bottom only?
I've only been feeding 20-50% in my swick. This is a new one to me doing synthetics in amended soil, same as you I think, Promix Organic.
I have a test bud drying now to see how it burns.

Thank you for stopping by @Hash Hound

Are you feeding full strength nutes and bottom only?
No, I am currently on 3/4 strength, I normal use full strength after the first week of flower. With @Prescription Blend it is a pretty stabile nutrient line where the ppm's are around 900 to 1000 for most of the grow, just different quantities.

I've only been feeding 20-50% in my swick.
When nutrient line are you using? How far along is your ladies? My plants are currently around day 22 on Green Crack #1 and 32 for Green Crack #2. I will be changing the light pattern to 12/12 tomorrow and get this show on the road.

Originally that was my plan, I had a bag of Promix Organic I want to use from last year. Well, when I open the bag of organic mix and noticed it was on the wet side. Well I tried to use it anyways and it really stunt the grow of my first Green Crack. I saved the soil and I will dry it out and use it in a future grow.

I ended up buying a couple bags of Promix HP, granted this soil is very light; which, in turns allows more air to the roots and it doesn't retain the water for a long period of time. Many grower will buy this mix and add it to something else, like organic, which again allows air and water to the roots, but will not retain the water like straight organic. I will be mixing the bag of organic with equal part of Promic HP to thin out the organic soil.

This is a new one to me doing synthetics in amended soil, same as you I think, Promix Organic.
This is also a new one on me, also. I am currently giving SIP grow style a chance, and I don't think the organic mix will be enough to get through the whole grow. Since, I am feeding from the bottom of the plants roots, I figured way not try using my Hydro nutrients. So far, so good.

@Hash Hound Maybe we can have a cup of coffee some where some time. Your across the three rivers and I am across the yellow bridges. Only a few will catch that one.

Here are some images of how the synthetics nutrients are developing the plant.

That's all for now more to come.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Hash Hound

No, I am currently on 3/4 strength, I normal use full strength after the first week of flower. With @Prescription Blend it is a pretty stabile nutrient line where the ppm's are around 900 to 1000 for most of the grow, just different quantities.

When nutrient line are you using? How far along is your ladies? My plants are currently around day 22 on Green Crack #1 and 32 for Green Crack #2. I will be changing the light pattern to 12/12 tomorrow and get this show on the road.

Originally that was my plan, I had a bag of Promix Organic I want to use from last year. Well, when I open the bag of organic mix and noticed it was on the wet side. Well I tried to use it anyways and it really stunt the grow of my first Green Crack. I saved the soil and I will dry it out and use it in a future grow.

I ended up buying a couple bags of Promix HP, granted this soil is very light; which, in turns allows more air to the roots and it doesn't retain the water for a long period of time. Many grower will buy this mix and add it to something else, like organic, which again allows air and water to the roots, but will not retain the water like straight organic. I will be mixing the bag of organic with equal part of Promic HP to thin out the organic soil.

This is also a new one on me, also. I am currently giving SIP grow style a chance, and I don't think the organic mix will be enough to get through the whole grow. Since, I am feeding from the bottom of the plants roots, I figured way not try using my Hydro nutrients. So far, so good.

@Hash Hound Maybe we can have a cup of coffee some where some time. Your across the three rivers and I am across the yellow bridges. Only a few will catch that one.

Here are some images of how the synthetics nutrients are developing the plant.

That's all for now more to come.

Tok..
I caught that being a football fan and remembering a stadium 🏟️. lol. Looking good with GC btw TR.👍. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom