No worries, i look forward to seeing the progress as the weeks go on. The setup is looking good too.
I've been good, hope everything is good on your end too.
Got the electrical safety check out the way but the loft grow was scrapped and everything was taken down, had to find a new home for 4 of my girls as I had nowhere else to put them during that time but it's not all doom and gloom. I'll be back with some new pics, progress by the end of next week
I'm glad that the electrical inspection went well, but it was heartbreaking for me to see such a beautiful build be taken down. I can only imagine your frustration, you took it much better then I could have. I'm looking forward to seeing you back up and running!
Looking good Rexer! :passitleft:
Hey Stunger! Thanks for dropping by, hope you've been doing well my friend!:passitleft:

Hey @Rexer, so what happens to the plants if you don't "make it?" I assume that means it gets too cold or inclement weather before they are done budding. So is frost the big killer? Or snow? (I don't know where you live). I'm guessing it's frost that would be the primary worry. What would a night or two of frost do to your plants? (Sorry to pepper you but you have a seriously entertaining grow here and I'm trying to soak in some of your knowledge, lol!)
Hey Jon! These plants will be growin completely in my tent. When the colder weather arrives (which will happen before this grow is done), I'll supplement some heat in the tent. Unfortunately where I am in Canada, there will be more snow then I ever wanna see again :rofl:
The tent right now is out in my garage, which is insulated and heatable...it's just going to be expensive to heat the whole garage. So the hope is that my budget can be squeezed a bit more to rough in a grow room out in the garage before falls arrives. Fat chance, but I'll do what I can so I can keep growing year round.
I’m late but In on this one
Far from late my friend! I shoulda tagged ya - sorry Jack! It's still early and not much going on yet as they're still wee ones.

Im in brotha.
Dusty my friend, wouldn't be the same without you!
That set up looks mint I'm in on this if you don't mind
Thanks Ljb1! Your always welcome and don't be shy!
@ViparSpectra chose a great journal keeper.
Bluter, I can't believe I forgot to tag you, I'm sorry. Thank you for joining and the high praise. I'm hoping the start will be better then the last run.
This journal is hopping! Just stopped by to say hi and your plants are looking great can't wait to see that auto vigor in this grow set up.
Hey Modest! Thanks for dropping by! Fingers are crossed they stay happy!

Day 4

Tent temp: 25C
Tent RH%: ~83%
Previous PPM: : 315
Current PPM: 315 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 366 PPM
PH: 6.9 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 20.5C
Water level: unchanged

So far their on cruise control, all I do is go in twice a day and adjust the ph. The slight rises being seen in the PPM is from the PH down/up. I'll be doing a res change in the next day or so. I always keep around 50L of RO water with cal mag added (and ph'd to 5.8) in a 2nd tote beside the reservoir, but it takes a while for the RO to to fill it all the way up...which I've started. Thanks again to @ViparSpectra for providing the P4000 light. My goal is to get a least 100-150g dried and cured per plant, should be more then achievable under the P4000

I'm glad that the electrical inspection went well, but it was heartbreaking for me to see such a beautiful build be taken down. I can only imagine your frustration, you took it much better then I could have. I'm looking forward to seeing you back up and running!

It was frustrating after spending weeks and a good amount of cash to get everything up there just to tear it all down in less than half a day but such as life, just got to keep moving forward.
At least I have a decent amount of storage space up there now with the flooring being down. I look forward to seeing the progress with your garage in the future and wish you all the best for this grow aswell.

I completely get it. Where I am I have the opposite problem - 95-100 degrees and 70-80% humidity outside. I also use a one car garage for my tent and auto rig, but it's difficult to overcome that much heat. I had to put an 8000 btu window AC unit on mine to keep the temps and humidity where I want them. Challenges, challenges...

Hey Stunger! Thanks for dropping by, hope you've been doing well my friend!:passitleft:

Hey Jon! These plants will be growin completely in my tent. When the colder weather arrives (which will happen before this grow is done), I'll supplement some heat in the tent. Unfortunately where I am in Canada, there will be more snow then I ever wanna see again :rofl:
The tent right now is out in my garage, which is insulated and heatable...it's just going to be expensive to heat the whole garage. So the hope is that my budget can be squeezed a bit more to rough in a grow room out in the garage before falls arrives. Fat chance, but I'll do what I can so I can keep growing year round.

Far from late my friend! I shoulda tagged ya - sorry Jack! It's still early and not much going on yet as they're still wee ones.

Dusty my friend, wouldn't be the same without you!

Thanks Ljb1! Your always welcome and don't be shy!

Bluter, I can't believe I forgot to tag you, I'm sorry. Thank you for joining and the high praise. I'm hoping the start will be better then the last run.

Hey Modest! Thanks for dropping by! Fingers are crossed they stay happy!

Day 4

Tent temp: 25C
Tent RH%: ~83%
Previous PPM: : 315
Current PPM: 315 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 366 PPM
PH: 6.9 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 20.5C
Water level: unchanged

So far their on cruise control, all I do is go in twice a day and adjust the ph. The slight rises being seen in the PPM is from the PH down/up. I'll be doing a res change in the next day or so. I always keep around 50L of RO water with cal mag added (and ph'd to 5.8) in a 2nd tote beside the reservoir, but it takes a while for the RO to to fill it all the way up...which I've started. Thanks again to @ViparSpectra for providing the P4000 light. My goal is to get a least 100-150g dried and cured per plant, should be more then achievable under the P4000

Hi Rexer, thank you for your passion to share with us a nice start to your journey, wish you could reach the goal and share more experience with us.
And welcome to join our new giveaway here:

So it's time for another Journal Update. There isn't a whole lot happening right now, they're still tiny things only 6 days old. I just completed a reservoir change a few minutes ago.

In the reservoir the breakdown is roughly as follows:

90L of RO water
120ppm of Cal Mag
80 PPM of FloraNova Grow
10 ml of Diamond Nectar
3 ml of mycos chum
4 ml of ocean magic
3ml ph down
3ml orca
30ml UC roots

Day 6

Tent temp: 25.4C
Tent RH%: ~84%
Previous PPM: : 366 ppm
Current PPM: 353 PPM (slight drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 293 PPM
PH: 6.7 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 21.4C
Water level: res change

So it's time for another Journal Update. There isn't a whole lot happening right now, they're still tiny things only 6 days old. I just completed a reservoir change a few minutes ago.

In the reservoir the breakdown is roughly as follows:

90L of RO water
120ppm of Cal Mag
80 PPM of FloraNova Grow
10 ml of Diamond Nectar
3 ml of mycos chum
4 ml of ocean magic
3ml ph down

Day 6

Tent temp: 25.4C
Tent RH%: ~84%
Previous PPM: : 366 ppm
Current PPM: 353 PPM (slight drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 293 PPM
PH: 6.7 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 21.4C
Water level: res change

gotta love those seedlings with their wings spread all wide and straight like that...

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing well!

I just wanted to make sure everyone saw this. This is an opportunity to get the exact same light that I'm using.

Good luck, and hope everyone has a good weekend! (I'll post an a journal Update tomorrow).
Looking For Tester Of ViparSpectra P4000

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing well!

I just wanted to make sure everyone saw this. This is an opportunity to get the exact same light that I'm using.

Good luck, and hope everyone has a good weekend! (I'll post an a journal Update tomorrow).
Looking For Tester Of ViparSpectra P4000
Thanks for the heads up Rex! Entered! I'd test that light in a heartbeat! I know it's made for a 4x4 and I have a 5x5, but no big deal. Easy to grow in a 4x4 middle square inside your 5x5 and get what you're supposed to from the light.

Day 8

Tent temp: 20C
Tent RH%: ~60-80%
Previous PPM: : 391 ppm
Current PPM: 375 PPM (slight drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 420 PPM
PH: 6.3 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 20.8C
Water level: slight drop, topped off

So the little seedlings are still doing their thing. There's not a whole lot at the moment going on. The nice part is the roots have caught, and are feeding off the system. I only had to pour some nutes over the top a few times.

I've seen a slight dip in PPM a few days in a row, which is always reassuring as it means their feeding. I've turned the light up to 50% power, giving them a light bump in lux (i forgot to check the actual lux amount).

Today I added 8ml of FloraNova Grow to bump the ppm back up. It was slightly too much, so I had to add a bit of RO to dilute it. Which is why I never ever fill my reservoir to the top, if you over shoot your PPM target, it's easy to add a bit of RO to dilute down to your desired level.

PH was readjusted to 5.8

VPD. Mine is off slightly, I'm aware but i decided to try the dehumidifier function on the portable AC. Basically it blasts cold air non-stop, so I left the top of the tent open, it's circulating the air from the garage, and actually making the garage somewhat comfortable in the middle of a heat wave. And more importantly, it's keeping the temp and humidity a bit more in check. Really it's the humidity thats the battle right now. I do have a large dehumidifier to go into the tent, but have it setup in the basement of the house, where it has done such a fantastic job- I want to leave it there and see if I can get a 2nd one.

And here's the pics of the plants In all their tiny glory.

Thanks and hope everyone has a great weekend!

Looking good!
Enjoy your weekend.
Hey Furcifer! Thank you and hope you have a good weekend too!
Beauties Rex!
Thanks StoneOtter!

Now normally I wouldn't do two updates in one day. But, I thought I would go over this evenings slight PPM bump.

I turned the light up a bit more, they are all getting between 16-18k Lux now.

I also had a nice drop in PPM of 30 within the afternoon, so I topped it up with another 4ml of FloraNova Grow and 2ml of mycos chum, and a splash of Orca. This brought the PPM to 449 and PH 6.0. At this point, with their size I'm kinda surprised at the PPM their feeding at, so I'll be keeping a close eye and will dilute it down first sign of a rise in my PPM.

Time for another Journal Update!

Happy Monday folks, 4 more days till the next weekend ;)

The plants are slowly getting bigger. From past experience, I don't expect to see large upper growth developments till around day 14ish, even then it's a slow windup, then boom!
With loose hydroton as the medium, starting autos so early where their roots grow into the hydroton, slow development like this seems to be normal.
I've read pros and cons of starting this early in hydroton (feel free to jump in), and with the manifold for the sprayers design, my options are somewhat limited. I may steal borrow utilize something akin to @copperrein brilliant design to use coco as a start in my next grow. I tried using perlite in a net cup last time, and think it contributed to some flooding in the buckets...so no perlite this time around.

So, in regards to a lot of members removing the drivers to outside the tent, I think you'd like this light. While it would void your warranty, and thus I highly discourage it (and for safety reasons), I don't think it would be hard at all to do with the design of this light. I've taken some pictures showing the mounting and connections of the drivers.

Day 10

Tent temp: 21C
Tent RH%: ~60-70%
Previous PPM: : 385 ppm
Current PPM: 380 PPM (slight drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 409 PPM
PH: 6.6 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 20.9C
Water level: slight drop

So here's the photo "drop", thanks and hope everyone has a great day!

Thank you again @ViparSpectra for making this possible with the brilliant #Viparspectra P4000

Time for another Journal Update!

Happy Monday folks, 4 more days till the next weekend ;)

The plants are slowly getting bigger. From past experience, I don't expect to see large upper growth developments till around day 14ish, even then it's a slow windup, then boom!
With loose hydroton as the medium, starting autos so early where their roots grow into the hydroton, slow development like this seems to be normal.
I've read pros and cons of starting this early in hydroton (feel free to jump in), and with the manifold for the sprayers design, my options are somewhat limited. I may steal borrow utilize something akin to @copperrein brilliant design to use coco as a start in my next grow. I tried using perlite in a net cup last time, and think it contributed to some flooding in the buckets...so no perlite this time around.

So, in regards to a lot of members removing the drivers to outside the tent, I think you'd like this light. While it would void your warranty, and thus I highly discourage it (and for safety reasons), I don't think it would be hard at all to do with the design of this light. I've taken some pictures showing the mounting and connections of the drivers.

Day 10

Tent temp: 21C
Tent RH%: ~60-70%
Previous PPM: : 385 ppm
Current PPM: 380 PPM (slight drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 409 PPM
PH: 6.6 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 20.9C
Water level: slight drop

So here's the photo "drop", thanks and hope everyone has a great day!

Thank you again @ViparSpectra for making this possible with the brilliant #Viparspectra P4000
Awesome. It almost looks like the drivers were designed to be easily removable. That's a piece of cake. I personally would only do that if I needed to gain like 5 extra cooler degrees or something, cuz that would certainly reduce the heat. But nice to know this light lends itself to that well. Versatile. That's important. Great updates.

So my 6.3 in soil = your 5.9 in your system?

Awesome. It almost looks like the drivers were designed to be easily removable. That's a piece of cake. I personally would only do that if I needed to gain like 5 extra cooler degrees or something, cuz that would certainly reduce the heat. But nice to know this light lends itself to that well. Versatile. That's important. Great updates.

So my 6.3 in soil = your 5.9 in your system?
Hey Jon, thank you! It does appear that way when looking at it, which is why I thought to point it out.

With a recirculating hydroponic system, the PH (which stands for potential of hydrogen) will naturally rise as the solution is aerated. In Hydroponics, 5.8 - 6.5 PH is the golden zone for the uptake of nutrients (from my reading). I always aim for ~5.8, but would rather get a 5.9 or 5.7 (even better) then yoyo the PH with ph up&down. As each drop of ph adjustment adds to the total PPM.

Back
Top Bottom