So now that things are in place, and the system is functioning, I'd say it's around time for a quick call out. I've got a terrible memory, so please don't think anything of it if I forgot to add your name, laugh instead. Some of you have followed previous grows, some I've spoken with on the forum, all are welcome, but none need worry about following along if they're maxed out on journals, or they're just not interested. No hard feelings 420 growmies;)

@Dusty Kiefers
@MrSauga
@Modest Grower
@copperrein
@DeeBoy
@NuttyProfessor
@Stunger
@Furcifer
@Cola Monster
@InTheShed
@Fredwak
@Michael Hunt
@Jon
@Buds Buddy
@BeezLuiz
@Joshualuck
@cr8grow
@Azimuth
@Bill284
@Stormblessed
@MGD420
@Light Addict
@Weaselcracker
@dick23rk
@DutchinAB
@Carcass
Hey mucker ill catch when I can back into the swing of things.
Glad Viper Val fixed you up.
Stay safe.
Bill

Thanks for the tag Rex! Great work with the sponsorship. Nice to see you off to a good start. I'll be following along in the background as much as possible. :thanks:
Hey MrSauga, thanks for the kind words. The Sponsorship was like a dream come true. Hope you have been keeping well!
Hey mucker ill catch when I can back into the swing of things.
Glad Viper Val fixed you up.
Stay safe.
Bill
Hey no worries brother, I understand and wasn't expecting you to be able to follow along (not at least for some time). But, I also woulda felt terrible not including you.
Hey rexer, looks good so far, I’ll pull up a seat
Thanks Stormblessed! Glad you could make it over brother.
Thanks for the tag Rexer.
I'll follow along for the ride.
Hey MGD420! Appreciate you following along, hope you have been keeping well.
@Rexer i have a question about the light.

Considering your from Canada, would this unit be CSA rated as there are so many that don’t?

thank you.
Hey Smokey, I've reached out to ViparSpectra and was told that they spoke with the engineer, and they didn't send their lights to pass the CSA certificates, but Pro series and XS series have CE, RoHS, UKCA certificates. Hope that helps!

The girls are slowly get bigger

Hey MrSauga, thanks for the kind words. The Sponsorship was like a dream come true. Hope you have been keeping well!

Hey no worries brother, I understand and wasn't expecting you to be able to follow along (not at least for some time). But, I also woulda felt terrible not including you.

Thanks Stormblessed! Glad you could make it over brother.

Hey Smokey, I've reached out to ViparSpectra and was told that they spoke with the engineer, and they didn't send their lights to pass the CSA certificates, but Pro series and XS series have CE, RoHS, UKCA certificates. Hope that helps!

The girls are slowly get bigger

I love healthy seedlings! I'll be real curious to see how that Bruce Banner auto turns out and what she looks like. The Hulkberry photo I'm growing is BB#3xBB#3 - basically the same strain. Never had the opportunity to visually compare the way a photo and an auto of the same strain look when compared. Cool! Rock on!

I love healthy seedlings! I'll be real curious to see how that Bruce Banner auto turns out and what she looks like. The Hulkberry photo I'm growing is BB#3xBB#3 - basically the same strain. Never had the opportunity to visually compare the way a photo and an auto of the same strain look when compared. Cool! Rock on!
Thanks Jon here's to hoping they stay healthy! I do wonder how your auto vs photo will differentiate themselves. I've been wanting badly to try Brue Banner for some time now.
I’m in for the ride. Thanks for the help on my post today, I’m looking forward to learning a few more things
Hey no problem RaggedyMan! I just hope we figure out what's going on.
Looking good @Rexer ! I'm in just because I'm an automation geek!
Nice to have you my friend :high-five: I'm all up for technology making my life easier! I'll have to swing by your journal to see what you've got going on

Thanks Jon here's to hoping they stay healthy! I do wonder how your auto vs photo will differentiate themselves. I've been wanting badly to try Brue Banner for some time now.

Nice to have you my friend :high-five: I'm all up for technology making my life easier! I'll have to swing by your journal to see what you've got going on
Rex, whose genetics is your BB? And I research strong, high thc auto strains all day long. You have definitely got one of the supposed top 10 strongest (highest thc) autos there. I'm doing a Strawberry Banana auto from FastBuds next, supposedly the auto that bumped Cinderella Jack from the #1 spot, testing up to 27%! (Obviously this depends on what list you view, but BB and CJ are on every single one, as is Gorilla Glue and Gelato) Betcha you get mid 20's out of that plant - it has the potential to be every bit as good as photo weed as I'm sure you know. Man you got me all excited now!

"Never had the opportunity to visually compare the way a photo and an auto of the same strain look when compared."

When I said that I meant being psyched to see YOUR auto and how it grows vs. my photo of the essentially same strain. Didn't mean to be confusing. I don't have a BB or Hulkberry auto going.

No worries, i look forward to seeing the progress as the weeks go on. The setup is looking good too.
I've been good, hope everything is good on your end too.
Got the electrical safety check out the way but the loft grow was scrapped and everything was taken down, had to find a new home for 4 of my girls as I had nowhere else to put them during that time but it's not all doom and gloom. I'll be back with some new pics, progress by the end of next week

Hey @Rexer, so what happens to the plants if you don't "make it?" I assume that means it gets too cold or inclement weather before they are done budding. So is frost the big killer? Or snow? (I don't know where you live). I'm guessing it's frost that would be the primary worry. What would a night or two of frost do to your plants? (Sorry to pepper you but you have a seriously entertaining grow here and I'm trying to soak in some of your knowledge, lol!)

So...today was a big day for the seedlings. They moved into their new home.

The #ViparSpectra P4000 light is sitting 35 inches away from the canopy at roughly 40% power, giving each seedling roughly 7k lux. The guide that @ViparSpectra includes had perfect instructions on height placement for the seedlings (as verified by Lux meter).

Day 1

Tent temp: 21C (being raised as I type)
Tent RH%: ~61%
Previous PPM: : 0
Current PPM: 258 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 258 PPM
PH: 5.9
Res temp: 19.3C
Water level: n/a

Reservoir has roughly 60L in it. I started with fresh RO water, added 200 PPM worth of cal mag. Then I added 30 PPM of FloraNova Grow. 3ml of myco chum (just enough to help Kickstart the herd). 15 ML of Orca. 15ML of hydroguard. Ph down to 5.9.

The aim is to let the PH rise to roughly 6.5 naturally, then reset it to 5.8
This allows the plants to absorb nutrients at optimal hydro ph levels.
As the solution gets sprayed over the hydroton it picks up oxygen as it drips pebble to pebble. The beneficial bacteria in it will help the roots, and prevent root rot (hopefully) while promoting vigorous root growth.

Once the solution hits the bottom of the bucket, it drains into a box containing a pump with a float and returns it to the reservoir.
The main water pump is on a timer, 20 min on, 2.5 hours off.
I have a camera inside the tent mounted to a fan that oscillates, and ill use this to keep a close eye on them. The next few days are crucial.

That set up looks mint I'm in on this if you don't mind

Back
Top Bottom