I have one tent 2½x4x5 and a 2x2x5'3
And my plants are photos
received_276004270836792.jpeg
I'd say your better options are:

For the 2 1/2x4x5:
The XS4000 or P4000 would be excellent in there. I personally like to oversize the lights a bit, it's easier on the lights if you don't need to goto 100% power. And if you ever decide to get bigger tents you'll have lights that can transition nicely.
Another better option would be the P2500.

IF it were me; I'd get a P2500 if I was looking to budget. If not, I'd get the P4000. It'll fit, tightly, and blast light in that space like no other. You'll never probably need to take it to 100% power.

The P4000 is rated for 4x4 for flower and 5x5 for veg. It's way oversized for your tent. Get this one if your thinking of going bigger, otherwise the P2500 is more then sufficient.

For the 2x2x5:
I'd recommend the P1500.
It's rated for 3x3 veg and 2.5x2.5 flowering. And should be good in that space.

@ViparSpectra has been putting out some great lights, and may also have better solutions then what I've suggested.

Your setup by the way, is sweet. So nice and clean looking , and looks well thought out and built. That is a beautiful system.

Don't forget discount codes! You have access to discounts as a 420 member!
Happy Taco Tuesday brotha,

Thanks brotha! It's a bit chilly here this morning, quite the flip from boiling last week. Hope you have a great one!

Day 17

Tent temp: 17.5C
Tent RH%: ~50-70%
Previous PPM: : 446 ppm
Current PPM: 437 PPM ( drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 492 PPM (raised)
PH: 6.2 (adjusted to 5.9)
Res temp: 18.3C
Water level: slight drop

So I woke up to some cold plants this morning. That'll teach me to check the weather more often....hopefully.
They took the cold weather like Champs and never lost stride. Yesterday I removed nodes 1 & 2 from the Bruce Banner Auto, and placed some wire on the branches for weight. Today I clipped some nodes off of both the White Berry and the Somango. Topping will be done soon for all except I may not top the Somango and just stick to LST for her, as she's a bit smaller then the other two.
I placed some sticky yellow traps around as a preventive.

When I went into the tent and changed the settings I had a pleasant surprise. When i put the AC in Auto mode it started blowing heat to raise things to the preset temp. I had bought it used and never noticed it had that feature (as it's built-in to the Auto function). Cool :yahoo: :cool:

And of course, here's some pictures! Thanks and hope everyone is having a great day!

Totally under control in there Rex! :thumb:
Thanks Shed!

What can I do better

received_986442435475304.jpeg
Hmm what medium is that in? Soil or coco, sorry if you mentioned it in another thread :lot-o-toke: and auto or photos?

First thing is start up a grow journal, and put a link to it in your signature. And be sure to let us know, don't be shy!
Don't get put off if you have troubles starting one, we can help you get that sorted.

Have you done any plant training?

I'd give this a good read.
Thread 'How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!' How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

Thanks Shed!

Hmm what medium is that in? Soil or coco, sorry if you mentioned it in another thread :lot-o-toke: and auto or photos?

First thing is start up a grow journal, and put a link to it in your signature. And be sure to let us know, don't be shy!
Don't get put off if you have troubles starting one, we can help you get that sorted.

Have you done any plant training?

I'd give this a good read.
Thread 'How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!' How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!
Soil and they and photos clones

Journal Update below!

Soil and they and photos clones

And one auto

received_1159501827906942.jpeg

Well I can't help or comment much on soil, trust me I'm the last person you want soil advice on. I've only ever grown one in soil, and I'm quite sure it only survived cause I kept forgetting about it
:rofl:
. I'm also pretty much only an auto grower, and that auto of yours looks pretty good from my phone and the pic
:thumb:

As I said, the best thing would be to start a grow journal my friend, tag me in it and I'll follow along - loads of helpful comments will hopefully follow in your journal as others on here show up.

Journal Update!

Sounds so exciting with that exclamation mark eh? Well the good news is that there is no excitement- at this stage in the grow excitement usually means for me something is going wrong.

Still, that doesn't mean there's nothing to write about. The @ViparSpectra #P4000 is doing a fantastic job, and has helped transition the plants from seedling to veg flawlessly.

The Bruce Banner Auto is like no plant I've grown before...the size for her age is impressive. She got topped today along with the White Berry Auto (who also had a rear facing branch removed). The Somango Auto went untouched and will most likely not be topped...I think doing so right now might stunt her growth.

Currently the Lux is as measured:
23.5k for the Bruce Banner Auto
25.5K for the White Berry
23.3k for the Somango

The differences in the lux readings are most likely due to the light placement (or shaky hands). The light, sits right now at 35 inches from the pot manifolds (sprayers). The canopies aren't much higher then the manifolds, or are pretty much the same height.

Day 19

Tent temp: 21.3C
Tent RH%: ~40-80%
Previous PPM: : 550 PPM
Current PPM: 545 PPM ( drop)
Adjusted PPM to: 618 PPM (raised)
PH: 6.0 (adjusted to 5.8)
Res temp: 19.6C
Water level: decent drop

lookin happy and healthy rex :)
Thanks bluter! That Bruce Banner has got me pretty stoked, I'm actually giving some thought to breaking out STS for one of her lowers later in the grow. I think I'd have to start when she first starts flowering...time to do some more reading

Edit- i just noticed I have one more of this seed, I'll hold off and see how she grows out

Looking awesome
Day 17

So I woke up to some cold plants this morning. That'll teach me to check the weather more often....hopefully.
They took the cold weather like Champs and never lost stride. Yesterday I removed nodes 1 & 2 from the Bruce Banner Auto, and placed some wire on the branches for weight. Today I clipped some nodes off of both the White Berry and the Somango. Topping will be done soon for all except I may not top the Somango and just stick to LST for her, as she's a bit smaller then the other two.

When I went into the tent and changed the settings I had a pleasant surprise. When i put the AC in Auto mode it started blowing heat to raise things to the preset temp. I had bought it used and never noticed it had that feature (as it's built-in to the Auto function). Cool :yahoo: :cool:

And of course, here's some pictures! Thanks and hope everyone is having a great day!

Looking awesome! This will only be my 2nd time to grow autos and it terrifies me to top or cut anything off of them because I've read in so many places it can stunt them.
I'm going to use a acrog
Day 17

Looking awesome! I'm scared to cut my autos. Everything I read said it's easy to stunt them. Ive
Journal Update below!

Well I can't help or comment much on soil, trust me I'm the last person you want soil advice on. I've only ever grown one in soil, and I'm quite sure it only survived cause I kept forgetting about it
. I'm also pretty much only an auto grower, and that auto of yours looks pretty good from my phone and the pic

As I said, the best thing would be to start a grow journal my friend, tag me in it and I'll follow along - loads of helpful comments will hopefully follow in your journal as others on here show up.

Journal Update!

Sounds so exciting with that exclamation mark eh? Well the good news is that there is no excitement- at this stage in the grow excitement usually means for me something is going wrong.

Still, that doesn't mean there's nothing to write about. The @ViparSpectra #P4000 is doing a fantastic job, and has helped transition the plants from seedling to veg flawlessly.

The Bruce Banner Auto is like no plant I've grown before...the size for her age is impressive. She got topped today along with the White Berry Auto (who also had a rear facing branch removed). The Somango Auto went untouched and will most likely not be topped...I think doing so right now might stunt her growth.

23.3k for the Somango

The differences in the lux readings are most likely due to the light placement (or shaky hands). The light, sits right now at 35 inches from the pot manifolds (sprayers). The canopies aren't much higher then the manifolds, or are pretty much the same height.

Day 19

Hey looking awesome!! What's ur light schedule for ur autos right now? I think I did my lemon stars at 20/4 but my current ones are at 18/6.

Looking awesome

Looking awesome! This will only be my 2nd time to grow autos and it terrifies me to top or cut anything off of them because I've read in so many places it can stunt them.
I'm going to use a acrog

Looking awesome! I'm scared to cut my autos. Everything I read said it's easy to stunt them. Ive

Hey looking awesome!! What's ur light schedule for ur autos right now? I think I did my lemon stars at 20/4 but my current ones are at 18/6.

Thanks Mcdoolit!

I'd give this here a good read, it basically is a much better explanation then any I can give on topping, or defoliation with autos.

Currently they're still on a 24/0 light schedule, I'll probably be changing it within the next week or so, and it'll be a 20/4 most likely on this run (maybe 19/5). I've usually gone with an 18/6, and base it on what my camera tells me. I rewind the footage for the night and look for signs of how long their resting for, and base my schedule on that. I need to replace the memory card (moved it to a different camera), then I'll fine tune the schedule.

Regarding the myths of autos; the only one that holds some truism to it, is plant in final large container. A lot of the rest is bro science, or is based on older ruderalis breeding (from what I've understood, the first gens were a bit more fussy). But that of course, is based on my experience and opinion.

Thanks Mcdoolit!

I'd give this here a good read, it basically is a much better explanation then any I can give on topping, or defoliation with autos.

Currently they're still on a 24/0 light schedule, I'll probably be changing it within the next week or so, and it'll be a 20/4 most likely on this run (maybe 19/5). I've usually gone with an 18/6, and base it on what my camera tells me. I rewind the footage for the night and look for signs of how long their resting for, and base my schedule on that. I need to replace the memory card (moved it to a different camera), then I'll fine tune the schedule.

Regarding the myths of autos; the only one that holds some truism to it, is plant in final large container. A lot of the rest is bro science, or is based on older ruderalis breeding (from what I've understood, the first gens were a bit more fussy). But that of course, is based on my experience and opinion.

Thanks for the help!!
BTW...did I say, looking awesome?!
I just realized I responded so many times hahahaha.
Not sure if I should blame that one on being high as F, possibly a lil drunky drunk or just being air headed.
More than likely it was a combination of all 3. ;) sorry, man!
Again, I do appreciate your help and knowledge!

Thanks Mcdoolit!

Rex, you're the man. So glad you brought up the myths of autos, cuz there really are tons of them. I however disagree with you strongly on planting an auto, or any other pot plant, in the final container.

Not True (in my opinion) In the LEAST, and all of these are floating around in cyberspace:
- don't transplant an auto
- start an auto only in final container
- don't top an auto
- don't top an auto more than once
- don't top an auto more than one node down from the top
- autos need less nutes than photos
- you can't mess up an auto with light in any way

All of the above is crap. I've proven it over and over again. And although I agree 1000% on the large final container as the final home, I disagree with the starting it there. I get much much better results from up-potting. This recent grow I started the Chunkadelic in a one instead of a Dixie to see how that would go, and I'm now convinced that's the way to go with autos - for indoors, start in a one and up pot to a five. As long as you can fill the root ball in a one gallon pot with effective watering in around 20 days, you're good. I do it every time now. Just my opinion, not saying you're wrong, if starting your plants in the final container works for you, great. And maybe in non-soil mediums it's different. But the trade off for not up potting is having to work a root ball in a huge pot with a tiny plant, and that's a challenge that is easily avoided by up potting, not to mention that a strong one gallon root ball going into a five beats the crap out of whatever anyone can do with it in it's final pot in the same amount of time. Again, this is just my experience. All of this is a work in progress for all of us I suppose. Thanks for the awesome post and journal, man, I hope you plant to enter it in Jotm when it's finished. Not too many dedicated auto journals here.

Also, what has your experience been using 24/0? Do you use that only in veg and switch it once they start to bud? How are the plants affected when they get no rest time? I understand ruderalis naturally grows in climates where they sometimes get up to 20 or 22 hours of light sometimes, but I have been operating under the assumption that even autos need some rest. I tried 22/2 my first grow and it worked out okay, but then the last ones I've been using 18/6 due to the ease of being able to use the tent while photos are in veg if necessary. Personally I'm finding that 18/6 works very well, but I don't have a big enough pool of data yet to draw conclusions. It so easy with an auto to defer to "more light = more better," and I get that, I'm just wondering where the sweet spot is. There has to be one. And I suspect it's different for each strain. Any thoughts on this?

Journal Update below!

Journal Update!

23.3k for the Somango

Day 19

Looking Beautiful Rexer :love:
I mostly grow in soil and have dabbled in hydroponics.
So I am following along to try to learn more and decide what to do for my next grow. :hmmmm:
Now if I could just retain what I read that would be helpful. Wishing you a Happy Healthy Grow!
The fruits of your labor will bear the fruits of your success :passitleft:

Rex my friend, looks like you’ve got it going on. I’ve only ran autos once but I’ll be looking into for the future. Would be nice to stagger my harvest out and get a variety going.

Back
Top Bottom