Rifleman's - Multi-Strain Auto Grow - 600W - Hydro

I did the back building thing on my grape ape, I have not seen much difference from the one that I cut and the ones that didn't get the treatment...

I'm surprised to hear that. You're the first one that I've heard that from. Maybe you snipped at the wrong time...? It is a visual thing for me, no time frame, just when they look like they are ready, and I clip them. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I'm surprised to hear that. You're the first one that I've heard that from. Maybe you snipped at the wrong time...? It is a visual thing for me, no time frame, just when they look like they are ready, and I clip them. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

What do you look for to decide if they are ready?

What do you look for to decide if they are ready?

I usually clip when they have the classic bud shape and structure still with white pistils. Pointy tips that look like they might poke your eye out stirs the Fiskars gene and causes me to cut them. They will heal over in a day or two, flatten out, fatten up, and sprout foxtails in the end. However YMMV. :)

I have also read that they get stunted but pick up quite drastically. They make your buds more dense by solidifying the inside while the outside grows. Think of it as topping.

A cola photo from each. Q1,ST, BK in order. And could it be...an amber trichome...two even? 65 photos between the three girls this morning and this is the closest I've seen. Unfortunately it is on BK and not one of the others which have already swollen, unlike BK. All photos are clickable for larger image. I am 40 ft away from the tent but can hear the Fiskars calling to me. :)
]

The call of the Fiskars is a strong one indeed.....

Hey Rifleman mind taking a look at my plants and letting me know if they are ready for backbuilding? After taking a look at the original thread and your results I think I want to give it a try this round.

Your ladies are looking awesome as usual! :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words, other than shear size yours look much better than my crispy yellowing girls. :) Looking at them I would say you could do it anytime. Do half or just one plant so you have a control to compare to. I hope it works well for you.

I took a little more pre chop agnst out today in the form of pinching AL's lil eighth node off of her. She is about 5+ inches so I bent her over too. She's in a nice downward dog pose. I almost forgot why Exp was started and have kind of neglected reporting my findings. I can say for sure that at least this strain does not need pH checking and it can take a full recommended dosage of the AN line. However using a full dosage there is quite a bit of crap falling out of suspension, and leaving a coating inside the bucket. At last week's water change a green scotch bright pad had to be employed to removed a hard coating from the walls of the bucket. Almost like scratching off a layer of clear coat.

Wow, what a difference a couple of days make. All three have reduced their water consumption this week, and Q1 and ST have gotten to the point where they can't hold themselves up. The buds are so heavy that the branches are bending over and drooping. I took a sample from the bottom of those two last week and finally smoked them yesterday. Harvest is imminent. The only thing stopping me right now is the fact there has been no flush, and as bad as I want to kill them I have a slight attachment to them. :biglaugh: Funny it doesn't bother me to send a cow to slaughter, but my little green babies.....

Stay tuned.

What's up rifle.... I know your setup is a bit different but you should consider trying out some Rhino Skin from AN.... that shit makes your stems and trunk and over all frame of the plant so much sturdier and you'll find yourself with way less droop and need to tie things up

It's on the list of things to get Doc. I am slowly working my way up to having the entire GM growers kit on hand. :whoa: Better living through chemistry. I'm a beliver.

What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than killing one of my girls. I just couldn't stand it any more. Q1 went to see here sister on the other side of the rainbow bridge. I must say that I am pleased as a hog in slop. 214 grams of fan leaves, 87 grams of trimmings, and an astonishing 1344 grams of wet bud. That's 48 ounces! Even counting on an 80 percent loss of water and stems, that estimates out to 9.6 ounces dry. There is nothing like providing for oneself. :) I hope your weekend is as well and green as mine has been. :peacetwo: Don't forget the photos are linked to larger sideways versions.

Back
Top Bottom