Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

Day 45

I was able to get some LST and tying done tonight. Here's a quick shot of that.

Day_45_LST.JPG

Why are there only 6 photo-plants in there???

Well, while I was doing that, I found this.
IMG_076161.JPG
IMG_076051.JPG
IMG_075958.JPG
IMG_075754.JPG
IMG_075457.JPG
IMG_075349.JPG
IMG_075251.JPG

That is Cheese 2, one I was hoping to keep, with little tiny balls, Cheese Balls! You'll have this...

C2 looks rather female to me from the pics ... i hope you didnt toss her yet ...

C2 looks rather female to me from the pics ... i hope you didnt toss her yet ...

Well I hope you are right Pt, I want this plant! I didn't toss it yet. I did pull the plant in question out of the tent yesterday afternoon, and put it on the counter under one for the bulb I was using when they were seedlings. It got a couple extra bursts of light after lights out since it was on the counter. I just put it back in the tent after reading this. I hope more bugs didn't make home on it while it was out. No spray on them last night. Too sore. I was too sore to go fishing too. Bumming!

Day 49!!! DECISION 2018!

Hey 420'ers! I have a two part update for you. First I want to show the girls as a whole. Have a look at how they look from above, height, width, vigor etc... Then I am going to post more individual pics. It is time for the final 4! Just in time for March Madness! I know this is more of a personal preference thing, but if they were yours, what would you do (more topping, transplant now, next week, throw them all out???) who would you keep and why? I am thinking NYCTD1&4 & the Cheeses have me stumped. Cheese 5 is just a bushy bastard! Thin stems though. I put her in front of the fan to help her bulk a little in that dept. Cheese 1&2 (which are reversed labeled on the iPad markup, my fault) Look nearly identical. They are training about the same. Cheese1 is just a bit wider than Cheese2. They both were hit equally when the dick sniffles came to visit the tent. Everyone seems to be pretty much over whatever it was.

Bugs are few and far between since the Lady Birds came. It is so calming to know that besides Need, DE, SNS203&209, those Lady Bugs are constantly patrolling and eating! The sprays are kind of passive while the beetles are as active as you can be! There are still at least 50 in there. I'll order more next week. I think I'll grow with them forever now and highly recommend it to you too. They are so cheap!

No real signs of Septoria on new growth. There are some new leaves that have a bit of yellow on them, but so far, nothing to "bug" myself with. I keep saying whatever is or was wrong with them, they just keep outgrowing it. I never sprayed SNS 244 the other night. I want to see what is really happening. If one or more of them has Septoria, and it wasn't cured by the Neem and dropping the humidity, I want to know now. I need room in there, leaves are touching again and it is time to make a plan on the next batch of transplants, tops & ScroG.

Canopy_Shot2.JPG
Topcut_Shot1.jpg
Skinny_Shot.jpg
N5C2_Clearer.jpg

So....! Please answer these questions from your own preferences;
1.) Who would you keep and why?
2.)When to transplant, Top and ScroG®?
Concerning Topping and ScroG®-ging- I have 5, 3 gallon pots, and 10, 7 gallon pots, and all the fixings for Roosters ScroG®.
3.) Should I go from the 1 gallon straight to 7 since I want to ScroG®?
or...
3b.) Is it better to go to the 3-5-7 and the put the Scrog® up? If it helps, I have a soft goal of mid to end May harvest. Mid June at the latest.
Cheese flowers for 8-10 weeks and New York City Turbo Diesel flowers for 10-12 Weeks, according to AMS of course. March 8th is when we need flowering to be established to finish May 31.

Day 49 Part 2

Keep in mind that the pictures of Cheese 1 and 2 are reversed. Below the pics are reversed, but the description for Cheese1, is actually on Cheese1, even though the pic markup says it is Cheese2. I hope that makes sense. Happy Voting.

NYCTD54.jpg

NYCTD5, the 3 top wonder, also was broken from bending, but I mended her poorly so she lost that limb.

NYCTD44.jpg

This girl has been a fat bottomed girl from the start. This is the one that the first top job was done wrong. She got tall with some huge leaves (that had to be pulled from the suspected Septoria incident). Her Stem is just tough! The lower growth is really starting to flourish!

NYCTD24.jpg

Nice little plant. Tough too. She suffered a broken arms from bending, I thought she wasn't going to heal that limb, but she did! The leaves are standing up again but consequently, lag 1 week behind the opposite arm.

NYCTD1Fluff.jpg

This one is the best looking girl in the bunch. Disease and bugs (both well under control now) would stop her from being in here. She has great shape and is just stout!

Cheese514.jpg

The Bushiest of them all. The stems are pretty soft, perhaps not enough silica in there. I'm sure she'll toughen up though. I put her right in front of the fan so she has some wind to rough her up.

Cheese221.jpg

Cheese2 and 1 are almost identical. Cheese2 is just a little less wide. She was hit pretty hard with the Septoria, but has mad a full recovery.

Cheese122.jpg

This one is going to be wide. She was defoliated pretty heavily a couple weeks ago due either to Leaf Septoria or Nute Burn. I never figure out for sure what it was, treated it as both and she is better now.

the only one that really stands out to me is N1 i like the dense growth tips and how the leafs make almost a crown around it ...she displays the tendency to keep short internodes
C5 also has a nice bushy shape the others are pretty much alike to me ...
but you should also consider the aromas they produce ... and there I cant help you hehe ... although i would gladly volunteer to taste test as I am looking at a 6w abstinence due to not finding some "caregiver" :(

the only one that really stands out to me is N1 i like the dense growth tips and how the leafs make almost a crown around it ...she displays the tendency to keep short internodes
C5 also has a nice bushy shape the others are pretty much alike to me ...
but you should also consider the aromas they produce ... and there I cant help you hehe ... although i would gladly volunteer to taste test as I am looking at a 6w abstinence due to not finding some "caregiver" :(

If I was closer to Earth, where you live, I'd help you out. So basically, you are looking for shape, aromas and node spacing in your considerations?

I can't keep track of your mistakes! Here are my 4 to keep based on the numbers in the pics. You figure out who's who :)
N2
N1

C5
C2

It's a little hard to tell where one plant ends and the next begins, or which set of leaves connects to which plant, but that's my best guess based on the images.

:Namaste:

I hear you there Shed. I'll take some better shots so you can have a second look. You deserve more visual information to make a decision like this. N2 is an interesting pick from my vantage point. Would you care to elaborate sir?

Also, would either want to take a crack at questions 2&3?

although i would gladly volunteer to taste test as I am looking at a 6w abstinence due to not finding some "caregiver" :(

Dude, That is a bummer! I hope that doesn't happen to you. I'd flip!

Have a closer look if you'd like. As promised...Let me know if anything changes with your votes.

NEW YORK CITY TURBO DIESEL #5
NYCTD5_49c.JPG

NYCTD5_49b.JPG

NYCTD5_49a.JPG

NYCTD5_49Top.JPG

NEW YORK CITY TURBO DIESEL #4
NYCTD4_Top_49.JPG

NYCTD4_49.JPG

NEW YORK CITY TURBO DIESEL #2
NYCTD2_49c.JPG

NYCTD2_49b.JPG

NYCTD2_49a.JPG

NYCTD2_49_Yellow.JPG

NEW YORK CITY TURBO DIESEL #1
NYCTD1_49yellowb.JPG

NYCTD1_49yellow.JPG

NYCTD1_49b.JPG

NYCTD1_49a.JPG

CHEESE #5
Cheese5_49b.JPG

Cheese5_49a.JPG

Yellow_Cheese5_49.JPG

CHEESE #2
Cheese2_49b.JPG

Cheese2_49a.JPG

CHEESE #1
Cheese1_49b.JPG

Cheese1_49a.JPG

Yellow_Cheese1_49.JPG

Thanks for input fellas. I appreciate your opinions.

Sorry for the hard work Shed. Your time is appreciated. NYCTD 1 and Cheese 1 for sure! I'll keep watching for something to jump out at me on the other 2. Hopefully more people come and chime in. PW, Artic, Urban & Spec lurk quietly in here from time to time, I hope today or one of the next couple days is one of those times. Speak up fellas if you drop in.

Are you laughing because you are all voting for different plant?
Cheese1-3Vote
Cheese2-1Vote
Cheese5-3Votes
NYCTD1-3Votes
NYCTD2-2Votes
NYCTD4-1Vote
NYCTD5-1Vote

That is the count so far. I voted for NY1&Cheese1, and NY4. Cheese 1&2 are so similar, I don't know if I want 2 that are behaving the same (thick stems, good response to training, 6+ bud sites from the top 2 branches alone) or the bushy effect that Cheese5 has. I am hesitant to vote for this one just because them stems are so frail, the leaves are also just paper thin. It may be because not enough light is penetrating the lower branches, not enough silica or just plain young growth. As I said before, I have until March before I flip them. A week more of observation won't hurt anyone but me crawling around that cramped space will it?

...because them stems are so frail...

Ha!
"Them stems"! There's the suppressed Redneck poking though again! GollDangIt!

Back
Top Bottom