Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

Day 76

Jesus! Shed would be debating how much longer until harvest the autos by now, while we are deciding when flip is! I've always heard that a long veg CAN give you a very potent and more plentiful harvest. At this point, I'm here not just to learn, but to get some weight moving forward. Thanks for your encouragement guys! I did some bending this morning so I could show you the yellowing leaves. Also notice on NYCTD1, there is a TON of branches trying to come up. On very first top job, the branches were bent out as you know. They now have their own branches and under those branches it looks like branch cover. Not ground cover, branch cover. Like a bunch of gnomes went over the whole branch and sprinkled little leaves the whole way down and around! It shows Vigor with a capitol V! Trippy though. I have not seen that on here yet. I think they like the AN nutes, but it's probably about time for another flush and feed. The water was in the 460's again yesterday while the runoff was in the high 500s on a couple of them. Here they are!

Spring is in the air here! It's a beautiful day outside. I'm off to scout a few of the fishing spots. I hope you have a day comparable to that!

Dunno about those yellow leaves. Could they just be completely shaded, hidden under other leaves or even touching them? I'd take off anything with yellow, do a regular defol to open up the gnome sites, and see if you get more yellowing once everything is getting air and light.

460 in and high 5s out I'd call even. Are the cheese and the NYD responding to the nutes the same way? Different strains can have different requirements.

Enjoy the day!

No they are not. The NYCs seem to take the feeding better. Those burn spots on Cheese5 could be a deficiency, toxicity or my little bulbous sprayer I use to water the ladybugs. I guess I should move the caps closer to me instead of reaching in to fill them from now on to rule that out. Also, I could have watered a day earlier. That might be part of it. When I went to be they were asking for the water, when I woke up and did water them, they were drooping a lot and begging for water. They keep moving their water way up one day. This might sound sadistic, but I don't mind being engaged a little more. When things go great it is sort of boring. Having said that, I hope I can get on top of this quickly. I should defol because you're probably right again Shed! Also I didn't get a very good shot of the gnomage so I will right now.

God Damn! Looking at the overhead pics, you can see all the future bud sites, there is no shortage. Cheese5 is a round & full beast! She's like a big leaf ball. I almost typed little, but realized there is nothing little about them anymore. They're not really cute anymore, they're just big and pretty! Man!

Day 78 & Day 79(today)

Here goes a big one...

I documented the transplant process. Cheese1 is still displaying some weird signs. Its a mix of light deprivation and what could be S or N deficiency. I got most of it on all the other plants, but I intentionally left some on 5 to see how it would go. I sprayed Neem Monday night ago as well sprinkled DE on the soil as I saw a couple gnats again. I watered again Wednesday, Day 78 with the same strength as last time but with 10ml of the Iguana Bloom also, in 4 gallons of water. Here is some pics from Day78, mainly of Cheese1.

As planned, the Roomie and I transplanted that night. There were not as many roots on the sides as there were on the bottom of the pots. There were no shortage of roots at the bottom though. All 4 ripped a little and left remnant roots on the pots. It didn't matter as this morning there was still noticeable growth over night. They still don't seem to be the least bit bothered by transplanting. We left them untied last night as we finished "2! BahNannanana! Minutes! BahNannanana! To midnight!", which is the new lights out time after daylight savings. I got up and started pruning the yellow leaves and tied the girls back down the the pots. Speaking of which, do you release them when you ScroG or are they there until harvest? Anyway, here is Day 79 of the Cheese1, as well as all of them before I tied them down again.

Then I tied them back down, pruned yellow leaves and put them back. I made a nice visual of how and where the unhealthy leaves were growing on Cheese1. The small/yellowest leaves were on the bottom and inside, while the big/yellow tipped leaves were taken from the top and farther out.
After you look at this, then go back up and look at the very first pic of Day78. Fun!

Cheese1 all cleaned up

And the Final 4 chilling, after a long Day 79 for all of us!

Thanks for bearing with me. Have a good night everyone. Wish me luck as I prepare to flower this long veg grow!

I'm sure you've mentioned it, but are you using tap water or bottled or RO or what?

I haven't scrogged, but as far as I know the LST is to keep it low and even until you get the mesh in place. Then you untie it because you want the plant to fill in the scrog, and you will likely be defoliating much of what's underneath it by the time you're into flower anyway.

I'm leaning toward N or Fe for your yellow leaves.

I'll look into Fe. I've been taking pretty much all the inner growth off of them on the lowest 2 branch sets. They aren't completely defoliated down there, but getting close. Cheese5 just needs 1 last heavy heavy defoliation, the heaviest of them all to get her ready to support what she is displaying potential for. I'm glad to not have to leave the wires on. Chores are going to be hard enough under the net.

Not much, both Grow and Bloom in the Iguana Juices have 0.05% Fe, my CalMag has 0.09% Fe, while Big Bud has 0.15%, but I'm not feeding them that yet. Just 36ml of CalMag (30 reccomended), 60ml of Iguana Grow, 30ml of Ancient Earth, then I am using up the last of the BioWeed, & Bio Marine along with the AN stuff. I'm still at least 3 weeks from flipping. Probably 4. None of the GH products I have list iron.

I'm thinking about getting a light mover or another light. Another matching 700watt is going to cost $329. A 600watt is $224. A 450watt is $189. Now their "watts" are what HPS they are supposed to replace, not actual watts but you guys know that already. Light movers are in the same area as far as upfront cost.

If I get a 450watt light and put it next to my 700watt light, won't the buds under the 450 not perform as well as the ones under the 700?

I'm gonna have to put in some double overtime at the sink and in the sheets to get Mama to even think about another light. I hate doing dishes!

I'm thinking about getting a light mover or another light. Another matching 700watt is going to cost $329. A 600watt is $224. A 450watt is $189. Now their "watts" are what HPS they are supposed to replace, not actual watts but you guys know that already. Light movers are in the same area as far as upfront cost. If I get a 450watt light and put it next to my 700watt light, won't the buds under the 450 not perform as well as the ones under the 700?
I'm gonna have to put in some double overtime at the sink and in the sheets to get Mama to even think about another light. I hate doing dishes!
At least it's just the dishes part you hate ;). Have you considered going with the boards that seem to be the talk of the journals here lately? They're cheaper, cooler, and can be built to your own specs as well.

But the answer to your question is yes, the growth will be different! Build a turntable and a small motor for the plants? Someone here had their lights on a rotor, I just have to remember who it was...

[edit: of course...found it, it was @dynamo1: https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/dynamos-primrose-path.440504/#post-3874839]

OH yea! F the dishes! Daddy doesn't mind taking Mama on a trip to Pound Town though:eek::p!

Funny that you mention that, I was catching on Dabber's thread last night and freaking light central over there! Is a COB and a QB the same thing? I'd have to do a rotary for the lights if I were to do that. I'd break branches if I spun the plant. That'd show Cheese5! Bein' all Bushy and Overgrown and shit! Pff!

Day 81

Everything is looking good in here. Very minimal yellowing and it's underneath so I think that it it safe to call the yellowing light deprivation. The plants seem to love the new AN nutes I am giving them. Cool. I found a neat little phenomena on NYCTD1 that I'll post after this. The tops grew together! WTFing cool! I left the blurple on not only to show you where I need more coverage, but Dear Ole' Shed Daddy is going to have something to say about it and I am curious. Day 81 all. Happy Sunday! I hope you are all taking care of the salvation of your souls today. I am going to apply salve and reminisce about Salvia and look at my Sativa plants!

I am yet to see this here. Have you? Post link if so please? I think the plant tie on this branch might have done this. However, I move those every few days. Hmmm. It looks cool. Any recommended action?

Trippy right?

OH yea! F the dishes! Daddy doesn't mind taking Mama on a trip to Pound Town though:eek::p!

Funny that you mention that, I was catching on Dabber's thread last night and freaking light central over there! Is a COB and a QB the same thing? I'd have to do a rotary for the lights if I were to do that. I'd break branches if I spun the plant. That'd show Cheese5! Bein' all Bushy and Overgrown and shit! Pff!
I definitely don't have the technical answer/details. But they are different. A COB like I'm using generally puts out 50-100w per diode/light cluster. Then the QB's are an entire panel of Samsung diodes, but I'm not sure what each diode puts out. Maybe 2-3 watts? They are both very excellent choices. Oh and I've made it by the way! :thumb: those puppies are filling in NICELY! Awesome job, you are going to have a very full tent. Exactly the massive structure I'm shooting for! I still haven't spotted the growth you mentioned?

"Keep on sniffin' til yer brain goes pop":theband:

Oh, there it is! Very funky for sure! Not sure what id do with that :hmmmm: Mine is continuously changing as time goes by. Couple days ago we were at the 1 node/3 node thing. I looked closer today and its just completely random growth now, not much of a pattern at all lol. At least we got bud sites!:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom