Running out of room

Doctor Trevor

My girls are just beginning to flower and I doubt their tent will be tall enough for them. As you can see in the photo, there is only about a foot of space between the tallest plant (Lacey) and the light. I can probably raise the light another four or five inches at best.

The tall stalks, in the back, are too rigid for LST. And it's probably too late for HST.

I'm open for ideas.
tent.jpg

Might seem odd, but if you have the room horizontally, tip the pot 30-45 degrees, and point them in different directions to each other or try and bend the entire plant down. Other than that, HST is your other option. You can take a pair of pliers lined with cloth and put the habeus crunchus on the stalk, then bend it over, being careful to tear the “bark” as little as possible.

It's never too late to pull them over, gently ;)

At this stage I would pull over about 6", slowly by hand. And then use a wire lower down on the stalk to keep it in place.

Another option is to use three bamboo stakes and a wire ring. Then you can pull down and attach to the ring.

A mobile scrog of sorts !

Check out how thick these branches are and they bent just fine...

Day 9 Double Chocolate close up 5 Sept.jpg

Cheers

You know it all depends. I watch some get little nervous, and top that bad boy. I am like what the f. I would put anchor line on opposite sides of tent than pots. See if you can get a lean out of the plant. Otherwise I've seen people pinch and roll there stalk bend it over at 45° add a support line and move
forward

They are done stretching (I think).

When I tried pulling them down, the stalks seemed very stiff and resisted. If I did HST, I would control where the stalks 'broke. If I did LST, they could break anywhere which could be bad.

Bend them while they are thirsty, they're more pliable then.
Not sure I can agree with that ...

The ONLY time I have had a top snap is when I pulled one over a day before the plant was due to be watered.

I did pull it down a little past level, Not my usual procedure. The next day, watering day, the top had snapped !

The end result was simply what happens with a normal topping. She was flowering @ day 36.

And that Gelato auto went on to produce +11 oz !

Cheers

My girls are just beginning to flower and I doubt their tent will be tall enough for them. As you can see in the photo, there is only about a foot of space between the tallest plant (Lacey) and the light. I can probably raise the light another four or five inches at best.

The tall stalks, in the back, are too rigid for LST. And it's probably too late for HST.

I'm open for ideas.
tent.jpg
U can super crop her bending the limbs over not breaking them but mashing them they will heal oor u could just cut the tops out ur gonna need room foot half msbey more

I'm open for ideas.
tent.jpg
Try a scrog net next time. You can then “weave” the new growth horizontally and also increase your yield

Try a scrog net next time. You can then “weave” the new growth horizontally and also increase your yield
Have they gone through the streach yet .if not u have enough time u may get by with cutting some tops.unless there in .flower already if they are they shouldn't get to much taller its hard to say

How would you water/feed scrogged plants? Just do it in the tent?

The three plants I have now are packed in pretty tightly. Would there be room for it?
Install the scrog net when you flip to flower. As they stretch then weave the new growth horizontally. This will produce more colas.You can reduce the number of
plants that you grow to give more room for watering etc and still get good yields.

thank you.
You’re welcome, I used the scrog net on a tall growing sativa last time with great results. 11/4 lbs from one plant. From your pics it might be too late for a scrog net. You might be able to install it 10-12 inches below the tops and weave them into it?
Plants will have to remain in your tent for watering
Good luck with your grow!

Back
Top Bottom