Runtz X Afghani And A Little Bokashi Soil

That's not too bad.

If you like to make stuff, pick up a copy of the book "Jadam Organic Farming" by Youngsang Cho, or have a look at my 'Alchemy' thread. In it I experiment with both KNF (Korean Natural Farming) and Jadam extracts.

The KNF ones are done with brown sugar and make for an acidic output like the LABs and Bokashi, whereas the Jadam mellows to a pretty neutral pH over time.

Super simple stuff to make but, like with your Bokashi, just takes some time to process so you have to think ahead.

@Danishoes21 has a good thread going Here where he does a lot of this stuff too for his outdoor grows.
@Danishoes21 is the man @ making teas and also has some good training methods. CL🍀

I forgot what the amount was I used when I made fpj, but it was like in the ml/gallon ratio. Maybe 5 ml? Have you tried foliar with this?
Never have tried it for a foliar.
On the site I learned how to make it, they say not to use it as a spray because it will burn them up. I hope I don't get in hot water for the mention but you can hit Bokashi living on Dr. Interweb, that's where I learned how to do it.

Update 6/25/23: Today is the end of week 4 above the surface and she's still green 💚.
I have a bit more stretch than I like but that's all on me, I tried to get everything I could from an old light and my plants payed the price for it.
This little girl is going a bit different than the last RXA I grew, the lower 2 nodes are both coming off 3 blade leaves for some reason, but I'm sure she's going to be fine.
It seems to be ok with the Bokashi juice feeding so on I go.
Let's see what another week brings 💚

IMG_20230625_054209.jpg

Bokashi soil update: Today I'm 1 week and 2 days deep into the pre-compost and the draining continues, but at a very low rate.
As it's been draining I've been putting it in a ice cream bucket and in the freezer.
I'm going to set it in the refrigerator and let it thaw out and start making icecubes.
This time I'm going to make my ice in a range of amounts from 1 tsp to 1 tbsp.
If you are going to use this stuff for your garden be advised that it takes some getting used to.
I've found that every time I make it, it changes so I really don't find anything consistent with it, but that could just be me not being sure of myself.
I've burnt up more plants than I care to remember, I just want you to be aware of it before you jump on it.
Now for the amount to use...
I always start low, 1 tsp per gallon but, you can do a 1:100 for outdoor garden and a 1:200 for potted plants, but watch the pH because this stuff is crazy hot.
Time to make some ice...

IMG_20230625_061031.jpg

IMG_20230625_061206.jpg

yeah okay i may need to look into this, im usually a coco type of man. woyuld u say it was better than coco?
I truly couldn't tell you anything about that, I've never used coco.
When I started growing I used Black Gold natural and organic potting soil and from there straight to Bokashi soil, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Update 6/26/23: This morning I put the RXA in a new boot.
She wasn't looking real happy with the little 1qt home, or maybe I pushed the food a bit too early.
I cleaned it up around the bottom 3 blade leaves and just gave straight water.
I'm going to have to keep an eye on this one, she's growing differently than the last one I did.
Let's see what the week brings 💚

IMG_20230626_104818.jpg

I'm making ice this morning and decided to check the pH level of this new run.
If you go back to page 3 you can see that what I'm using now has a pH level of 6.09 with 1 tsp per gallon. Now compare it to the new stuff at 6.30 with the same 1 tsp per gallon.
This is what I mean when I say there's nothing consistent with it.
I just want you to be aware of it before you decide if it's something you want to get into.
I'm going to be ordering a book on JADAM organic farming soon, there's a few things I want to look into.
I'm not going to be changing anything for now but I'm going to be looking into it for sure.

IMG_20230627_054811.jpg

Bokashi soil update 6/30/23: Today I'm 2 weeks deep into the pre-compost and it's time to move on.
I took everything to the basement and opened the bucket to see a nice bloom getting the job done already.
Next I put a layer, probably around a half a 5 gal bucket of ff on the bottom of the tote, then dumped the pre-compost on it and mixed it up so everything had a good mix.
Then I just layered everything in starting with and ending with forest floor, this now has to set for a minimum of 4 weeks.
This is the 3rd time I've made this and I'm yet to have it ready in 4 weeks, we'll see this in no less than 6 weeks.
I reuse my soil but for this run I started at the beginning to share what I've learned so far in my organic life.
I like to say that this is homemade Bokashi soil but,, I really didn't make anything did I.
All I did was put a bunch of nature in the same place at the same time.

And just in case I forget to mention.
Going out on a mountain you don't own or have permission from the owner to be on, and taking forest floor is illegal.
So there you have it, in the time it takes to do a grow you can have your soil ready.
We'll see what happens in 6 weeks 💚

IMG_20230630_105834.jpg

IMG_20230630_110314.jpg

IMG_20230630_110348.jpg

IMG_20230630_110820.jpg

Update 7/2/23: Today is the end of week 5 above the surface and this little RXA is still green.
She seems to be doing better now that I put it in a new boot so hopefully it's going to settle in and get growing.
I knocked the top off this morning at the 5th node and she's going to be getting a drink of water today. All in all everything seems to be going fairly well with her, no sign of want or need so on I go.
Let's see what another week brings 💚

IMG_20230702_051211.jpg

I truly couldn't tell you anything about that, I've never used coco.
When I started growing I used Black Gold natural and organic potting soil and from there straight to Bokashi soil, so I don't have anything to compare it to.
I found from using the bokashi, Frass and Myco that a beneficial white fungus grows on top of the soil. It seems to work great for starting beans in. @Bill284 uses it but adds a few other ingredients. CL🍀 :thumb:

I found from using the bokashi, Frass and Myco that a beneficial white fungus grows on top of the soil. It seems to work great for starting beans in. @Bill284 uses it but adds a few other ingredients. CL🍀 :thumb:
That sounds like a mycelium bloom that you get on your soil.
Does it look anything like the pic of the bucket in the pics above?
You can see a beautiful Mycelium bloom in the bucket getting the job done 👍.

That sounds like a mycelium bloom that you get on your soil.
Does it look anything like the pic of the bucket in the pics above?
You can see a beautiful Mycelium bloom in the bucket getting the job done 👍.
Yeah that’s exactly what it looks like 👍. But you have to water it to activate it. CL🍀. :thumb: :ciao:

A little @DYNOMYCO on the roots and layer the perlite for air exchange. :thumb:
Key to everything starts at the roots.
Hey Amigo :ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Here's one of my main issues with this soil.
I don't know if it's a natural salt build up, or coming from the pre-compost extract, my tap water that I let set out for a couple of days by the way. I just can't seem to nail it down.
This appears to be nute burn but I don't use anything other than the Bokashi extract. Every time I grow a plant in this soil I get it and I don't know why or how it's happening. Although it doesn't get any worse, it doesn't get any better either.

IMG_20230702_105451.jpg

Here's one of my main issues with this soil.
I don't know if it's a natural salt build up, or coming from the pre-compost extract, my tap water that I let set out for a couple of days by the way. I just can't seem to nail it down.
This appears to be nute burn but I don't use anything other than the Bokashi extract. Every time I grow a plant in this soil I get it and I don't know why or how it's happening. Although it doesn't get any worse, it doesn't get any better either.

IMG_20230702_105451.jpg
I did notice this in your last post but it's only slight & could be a number of things.. does it continues even as she matures?
what ppm is your tap water?
Obviously I don't know much about this stuff but when you compost do you have a specific recipe so you have the correct balance?

Back
Top Bottom