Runtz X Afghani And A Little Bokashi Soil

:nicethread:

Update 8/12/23: Today is the end of week 2 of flower for this little RXA and she's still green.
So far so good with this little girl, no sign of want or need so forward I go.
At some point this week I'm going to have to get busy with a little more tuck and take, other than that she's going strong.
Let's see what another week brings 💚

IMG_20230812_080738.jpg

IMG_20230812_080759.jpg

Update 8/19/23: And just like that I hit the end of week 3 and they're still green.
This little RXA is starting to put on a bit of frosting and doing a little stacking.
Right now the smell in the lung room isn't too bad but it's not going to be long and I'm going to have to fire up the exhaust and carbon filter.
All in all everything seems to be going good so forward I go.

IMG_20230819_080558.jpg

IMG_20230819_080925.jpg

IMG_20230819_080618.jpg

I know I've said it before but man oh man is this RXA really different than my last one.
Saturday night at light out I turned my light up to 95%. I didn't have much time yesterday to keep an eye on things and this morning I noticed this..
Not only is she a different beast but apparently she doesn't like much light either.
Back down to 90 I guess.

IMG_20230821_102107.jpg

IMG_20230821_102122.jpg

IMG_20230821_102132.jpg

Update 8/27/23: I guess a day late is better than a dollar short.
Yesterday I ended week 4 of flower for this little RXA and she's still green. I have a bit of light burn on the tops from cranking the light up a tad too much but other than that she's going to be fine.
Really not much to point out for the week other than I burnt up another fan, but everything seems to be going as well as it can for now so forward I go.

IMG_20230826_103439.jpg

IMG_20230826_103449.jpg

Well now isn't this a thing to have happen. I may as well use it for a "this is what I do for fungus knats"

I got things opened up this morning and what do I see... a couple little black fungus knats flying around free.
YEAH THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN HERE..

I broke out the vacuum, some new Bokashi soil, the trusted DE and some new Timothy Hey.
Time for the little ones to know they're not welcome around here.
Yes I could just spray something and kill them off but, I absolutely refuse to use a chemical anywhere near my hard work.
It's up to every individual how to deal with things, this is just what I do..

First I took the old soil cover off the soil in all 4 pots and bagged it up, out the window you go..

The 2nd thing is to vacuum out the top 2 inches or so of soil.

Step 3 is to put about an inch of new Bokashi soil over the exposed roots.
At this point with today being feed day I watered in water 3tsp of Bokashi sauce and I bumped the molasses up to 2tbsp per gallon.

Now that I have them all cleaned up and fed all I do is put another inch or so of B-soil on top, give them a generous amount of DE and put the new cover on.

I'll be putting some time into cleaning and disinfecting the lung room today but, the issue is gone before it becomes a problem.
Let's see what the rest of the week brings 💚

IMG_20230829_080834.jpg

IMG_20230829_081258.jpg

IMG_20230829_081426.jpg

IMG_20230829_081758.jpg

IMG_20230829_081954.jpg

Yeah driver or the dimmer looks like a short. when you turn the light up and down does that side match the other sides brightness level

Yes but I'm having a friend of mine come to check it out for me.
I guess he has some kind of tester or something, I don't play with electrical stuff.
Nice hopefully he can sort it but at the moment I'd call that a fire hazard. Other then the fault it's a decent light 👍

I put a Runtz X Afghani fem photo in for the soak last night and put her in the paper towel this morning. After I got it tucked away I got the starter pot ready to go.
There's probably as many ways of doing this than there are growers, this is just what I do for my runs.
I filled the starter pot with homemade Bokashi soil and left a spot in the middle for starter soil.
Then it's just fill it up, spread the DE and top it off with a cover, prevention starts when the bean starts.
I use Timothy Hay from the pet store, cheap and clean.
When the bean splits I'll put it in the pot I don't wait for the tap root to sink it, if the bean pops it's viable.
Next update will be when I sink it in the soil.
IMG_20230525_093905.jpg
IMG_20230525_091511.jpg
IMG_20230525_092004.jpg
IMG_20230525_092822.jpg
IMG_20230525_093305.jpg
seeds from "canna relief" or "happy Bird seeds" ??? or Swaney ? sounds like a interesting strain - have a few packs of thai stick x runtz that I got from them

Update 9/2/23: And just like that we hit the end of week 5 of flower.
This little RXA is really taking it hard, she's light burnt like you wouldn't believe.
Oh well she's still green and hasn't turned into a tomboy yet so forward I go.
She's trying to make it to the end which is around another 4 weeks but I don't know. If I lose it this journey will come to an end a bit sooner than I would like and she'll end up in the hash trim.

A few things came up this week in the Bud Bunker but it's all part of the game we play.
My HPF3000 went down on me, not sure if it's the driver or switch. I had a friend of mine over to look at it and after he tested it oh my... The front left corner of the light is way brighter than the rest of it so, that would explain why the RXA is so burnt.
The little thing he used to check the intensity of the light would jump really bad just moving it an inch or two, it would go real high then just drop. I don't understand all of it but he does and when he says something needs fixed I don't question it.
I'll be getting ahold of Hyphotonflux next week and see what I can do, but this was a sponsored light so I don't know if it will be covered by a warranty or not.

Luckily I have another light so I'm moving on with it. In goes my Sunraise QB2000 it's 100 watts smaller than the HPF but I have to do what needs done.

This week's pics you'll notice the tent is gone. I put double black out curtains on both windows and on the outside of the Bud Bunker door. Basically turned my 8X12 lung room into a tent.
All in all everything seems to be going ok but that could change fast.

IMG_20230902_164809.jpg

IMG_20230902_164800.jpg

IMG_20230902_180722.jpg

IMG_20230902_165718.jpg

IMG_20230902_165748.jpg

IMG_20230902_165850.jpg

Just a gap fill kinda day...
It's starting to be a busy morning in the Bud Bunker. I've been wanting to link my 4" carbon filters together for a minute now but wasn't sure how I was going to go about it, seeing that I'm cheep and like to use what I have on hand.
In comes the 1 gallon munchie jugs. I cut the top off of 1 of them and epoxied it on to make both ends open. Then it's just a couple 4 inch holes so they fit snug on top the fans. I linked them with 4 inch down spout plastic pipe.
Now I have to go get a dryer vent to put beside the AC.

IMG_20230904_094048.jpg

Update 9/9/23: Today I'm putting week 6 of flower in the rear view and moving forward.
This little RXA is hurt and burnt but she's still hanging on, hopefully for the next couple weeks.
All in all everything seems to be headed in the right direction so I'm just going to go along for the ride.

IMG_20230909_121333.jpg

IMG_20230909_080700.jpg

Just a gap fill kinda day.
You've all been watching my grow and me going from a tent in a temp and humidity controlled blacked out room to a blacked out room with no tent.
By now you know that I'm not a professional gardener, I just like the hobby of it all. But what I've always prided myself on is my ability to fabricate what I see in my head.
My air system is just about finished up, a little more paint and redo the window AC frame and it's done.
All the seams have been bonded on the inside so there are no light leaks in the system. I went from the drain spout tube and soft expandable to all smooth hard wall dryer vent tubing.
Now I just have to figure out what to make next 🤷

IMG_20230913_112457.jpg

You van use any driver as long as the numbers match. As long as the ma are the same. So any hlg driver like a 1400 or somshould work fine. You could probably use a different one, but output #'s are output #s. I guess I dont know the price, but I believe a good hlg driver is cheaper than that. You could probably comtact a led company like rapid, and ask them what you could substitute.

Back
Top Bottom