Sam's Fall & Winter Grow 2018

12-8-2018 Update.

Main Tent just finished week 4 of flower.

Raspberry Cough.

Blue Dream. The runt trying to make something of herself.

White Widow. Finishing her 1rst official week in flower settling in to her darker green flowering color.
Nothing at all wrong with any of those plants Sam. You are killing it on this grow bud! Well done

I am an old fart. Far from a kid. It's not that I don't listen it's just that I forget chit. :p
No meant yer plants not listening, thus the training

Lol

I have started to think about future grows. I mentioned before that i was going to downsize the grow in terms of plants. I want to get setup with a minimal expense. This layout would be a small amount of 2" and 3/4" PVC, (3) 5 gallon buckets and some uni-seals.

grow-layout.JPG

I would prefer to get the reservoir outside the tent for heat but then I will lose about 6" of height trying to get the plumbing out the side access port while letting the system drain completely. I am also seeing if I can find a black tub to use for the reservoir where I can gain more surface area and water volume. I would like this setup to be able to go for a week at a time and the 5 gallon bucket is not going to cut it.

Attachments

• grow-layout.JPG
    grow-layout.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 22
Hey Sam before you leqve what about a chance to win a light ? Maybe pursue you to stay bit longer. Check it out free to enter

Mars Hydro new light SP series is now looking for tester!

I am not going anywhere until I finish this grow. LOL

I saw the contest and thought about it. I have lights now (Mars Epistar in the flower tent) and while I don't think I would win the contest I don't want to take away from some of the members that could really use it. Thanks for asking though.

I am not going anywhere until I finish this grow. LOL

I saw the contest and thought about it. I have lights now (Mars Epistar in the flower tent) and while I don't think I would win the contest I don't want to take away from some of the members that could really use it. Thanks for asking though.
Buddy we all need more lights :passitleft:

I got a couple 12gal tubs from Home Depot.
Think they would be good for a rezz.they have some bigger ones too, think 30gal assss well

That's the issue with DWC in late flower, they drink sooooooo much it's hard to be able to leave for any amount if days. Why I won't grow in summer again, too hard to escape the heat here with full tents

I got a couple 12gal tubs from Home Depot.
Think they would be good for a rezz.they have some bigger ones too, think 30gal assss well

That's the issue with DWC in late flower, they drink sooooooo much it's hard to be able to leave for any amount if days. Why I won't grow in summer again, too hard to escape the heat here with full tents

Ding, Ding, Ding.... We have a winner. I found that same 12 gallon tub and it fits. It's not the overall capacity of the tote you need as much as the width x length X water level that gets you a decent water volume to use up.

Fits perfectly.

grow-layout PLUMBING.JPG

grow-layout.JPG

DWC update. mid week 3 of flower. Everything is still looking ok. PPM's are around 700. PH 5.7-5.9 reservoir temps are 68-71F. GH floral series flower ratio's with additional calmag and Z7.

She is healthy with no more signs of deficiency's. I would have though she would have had more weight on her bud sites but this is my first time through the DWC so I am not sure how this is going to go.

She’s looking good Sam. I’m not sure how Ms Chem will swell either, right now the coco chems buds are a lot bigger but they also started flowering about a week earlier so that may be what it is. I’m hoping she swells good for me, I’ve been pushing the nutes at full strength so we’ll see.✌️

Still early, bet they bunch up soon
My DWC Girl was a week or two behind the same non DWC girl

She will dense up
She’s looking good Sam. I’m not sure how Ms Chem will swell either, right now the coco chems buds are a lot bigger but they also started flowering about a week earlier so that may be what it is. I’m hoping she swells good for me, I’ve been pushing the nutes at full strength so we’ll see.✌️

That's both of you stating the same thing that I am seeing with this plant. I will wait and see how she finishes. So far after the initial PH/ppm fiasco with my tap water got resolved she has been an easy grow.

I think some of my questioning comes from having my coco grows pretty much figured out and now starting over again in another medium takes some learning.

Not sure why, but dwc girls grow bigger but seem to develop slower than other mediums

Pretty sure I harvested mine two weeks after her sister in Hempy

Back
Top Bottom