Sam's Fall & Winter Grow 2018

Not sure why, but dwc girls grow bigger but seem to develop slower than other mediums

Pretty sure I harvested mine two weeks after her sister in Hempy

I find that a little strange because the rate of vegetative growth is so much faster with DWC. I am fine with it either way. My days of being in a hurry growing have past. I take what they will give me and run with it.

Faster and bigger are kinda the same to me. You get bigger plants quicker and that means you can flip them sooner but then you loose a little bit with the delay of the DWC. I am not complaining at all. Thanks to East Coasts side by side grow I am also very much a believer in coco/hempy not giving up much to DWC after it's all said and done. Soil is the only medium that I have no interest in. The guys like Van, Bob, cola monster, NorCal and a few others do it very well but it's just not for me.

The beautiful thing about DWC is the lack of mess before, during and after the grow. I am going to see how this grow turns out and then see where I go from there.

Faster I mean in development or budding, I think it grows fast and big and somehow development is a bit slower, seems Ghosts is seeing similar with his side by side

A good Coco grow sure do look nice, and agree, the mess or lack of with DWC is very nice indeed

That does make sense cause my dwc girl didn’t start showing pistils until about 7 days after the coco girls, that’s why the coco girls look bigger in bud size right now but as long as she gets there that’s all that matters. She did out grow the coco girls in veg and should yield the most out of the tent by the looks of her but we’ll see how she finishes up. She got a fresh rez change today, ppm at almost 1200.✌️

I'm going to guess that it lies in the fact that in coco or soil the roots start to become limited where they can grow but in DWC they just keep growing. More roots equals larger plants in the long run. In coco or soil they start to form a root ball and when that happens the plant above ground starts to grow faster. Without this root ball in DWC the plants just keep growing and growing at the same steady pace. Once you flip them they turn into monsters because they have so much of a root mass. In veg or early stretch the coco/soil girls show more above ground because the roots signal to the plant that there is no where left to go so the plant is focused on vegetative material and vertical growth. Really it's all about the roots until flower mode.

I'm going to guess that it lies in the fact that in coco or soil the roots start to become limited where they can grow but in DWC they just keep growing. More roots equals larger plants in the long run. In coco or soil they start to form a root ball and when that happens the plant above ground starts to grow faster. Without this root ball in DWC the plants just keep growing and growing at the same steady pace. Once you flip them they turn into monsters because they have so much of a root mass. In veg or early stretch the coco/soil girls show more above ground because the roots signal to the plant that there is no where left to go so the plant is focused on vegetative material and vertical growth. Really it's all about the roots until flower mode.
Good call, sounds exactly right

:thumb::high-five:

Sounds plausible to me. The root ball is pretty huge on the WW. It would pretty much fill most if not all of a 3 gallon fabric pot and you're right there is nothing constraining the root mass.

This grow was a true experiment and I did not use any root enhancers because all I had was powdered mycorrhizae (I didn't want that settling out and building up in my bucket) and I wanted to keep it as minimalistic as I could so I just went with straight GH nutrients wiith a little cal mag. Next grow I purchased Orca, the liquid version of great white to use and I will concentrate more on the root development early on.

I will say that coco impresses me with how easy it is to get similar results to active hydro. I always figured that DWC was the king of mediums for growing but coco doesn't give up much.

Woop wooo! Loving this place:D I just switched gears for the final push too! Let’s smash this out bro, last few weeks and we will be complaining about trimming, well you will be complaining about trimming. I’ll trim mine then come help you LOL

Frost upon frost upon frost...I can smell it from here :D

Happy Festivus and stuff

Tent update 12-19-2018. changed over to final phase AN nutriets for the last several weeks hoping to put some more size on before the chop. PPM's 700 +/- 5% PH 5.7-5.9 tent temps still 68-75 RH 38-55.

Yum. The last few weeks are known for packing on the weight. I think you are going to be pretty thrilled with the results of this grow. Either way it is going to be straight fire, the plants look incredibly healthy and have the whole way.

Woop wooo! Loving this place:D I just switched gears for the final push too! Let’s smash this out bro, last few weeks and we will be complaining about trimming, well you will be complaining about trimming. I’ll trim mine then come help you LOL

Frost upon frost upon frost...I can smell it from here :D

Happy Festivus and stuff

As promised I checked the Blue Dream and Sour Diesel under the scope and to my surprise I have a ways to go.

Blue Dream

Sour Diesel

I would love the help on trimming. I would make it worth your while. :)

Yum. The last few weeks are known for packing on the weight. I think you are going to be pretty thrilled with the results of this grow. Either way it is going to be straight fire, the plants look incredibly healthy and have the whole way.

That’s going to be a nice harvest for sure.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to take these girls. I am drying the two testers I pulled today so I can try them. The Sour Diesel smells like citrus. I hope it has a fuel taste. Blue Dream is fruity and sweet smelling. Both are so sticky they are tough to handle.

Back
Top Bottom