Oof! This info might help, since amending the substrate is tough to do with a plant in it:

"Some types of fertilizers can help to acidify the soil and most of them are safe to apply. Acidifying fertilizers include ammonium sulfate, diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, urea, and ammonium nitrate. Read the label on the fertilizer bag to determine if it is an acidifying fertilizer."

Source

Aluminum sulfate which is quick ?...but aluminum turns me off.

or

Elemental sulfur which is slow....but no aluminum

Oof! This info might help, since amending the substrate is tough to do with a plant in it:

"Some types of fertilizers can help to acidify the soil and most of them are safe to apply. Acidifying fertilizers include ammonium sulfate, diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, urea, and ammonium nitrate. Read the label on the fertilizer bag to determine if it is an acidifying fertilizer."

Source
If I recall, Megacrop slightly drifts the alkaline direction...no?

I don't believe it would over the length of any single grow. Any buffers would take care of a potential shift over that short a time period I would think.
Would not the lime I added to the peat start to lose its buffering in the near future?

Im thinking I might drop off a 5 gallon bucket at Tim Hortons (Canadian coffee shop) and see if they would be nice enough to fill it with spent grounds instead of throwing them out. Then work that in as best I can.

"There's a myth that coffee grounds (2-0-0) are a quick fix for lowering soil pH. Most of the organic acids in coffee are water-soluble, and flush out into the brew. Coffee grounds have a pH around 6.8, close to neutral, so they won't do much to lower pH. They do add a little nitrogen, so they can help reduce pH over time, just like manure or compost.

If you need to drop soil pH more quickly, try watering your plants with leftover (cold) coffee, diluted 50-50 with water. This works especially well for houseplants and container vegetables."

Source

"There's a myth that coffee grounds (2-0-0) are a quick fix for lowering soil pH. Most of the organic acids in coffee are water-soluble, and flush out into the brew. Coffee grounds have a pH around 6.8, close to neutral, so they won't do much to lower pH. They do add a little nitrogen, so they can help reduce pH over time, just like manure or compost.

If you need to drop soil pH more quickly, try watering your plants with leftover (cold) coffee, diluted 50-50 with water. This works especially well for houseplants and container vegetables."

Source
Im wondering if the 4 gallons of just plain tap water I dumped on each plant has anything to do with that soil slurry reading. The ph of my tap water is just over 8.

Anyways if one can dump diluted coffee on a plant, had I known, I would have dumped 4 gallons of ph'd to 6.0 ish water on them yesterday. But again that gets into the talk of the fertilizer and the alkalinity of my tap water to influence it. If that made sense to you....I smoke you know.

Go for a coffee run while your at it bro! I’ll take a double double, and a raspberry filled. I’ll get you your two toonies, and a loonie :laugh:
Roger that...sausage and egger too?

it was distilled....reasonably dry?...not so much.

I did a reset in October....I did another last night. 4 gallons each

That should be a week....:(

Back
Top Bottom