Ok. He said they are stupid and don't move. Fruit flies are actually hard to swat. They are very round shaped and most have red eyes. Large eyes as well for their body size.
Root aphids are easy to squash. They just kinda sit there waiting for it.

A shot glass with some h2o and a drop of vinegar and dish soap should kill one. Can take a better look then.

Hmmm, that doesn't look like the bug I see. Root aphids don't fly do they?

1569616644786.png

Adult root aphids fly but even more poorly than fungus gnats. Fungus gnats look like the super model version of a root aphid. Longer legs, slimmer physique, slightly better flier.

The bug on the pic looks more compact. It's hard to tell though.

Looks like fungus gnats kinda...I have it good on video, but cant post. All my pics are blurry.

20190927_144113.jpg

20190927_144003.jpg

Its definitely fungus gnats.

Welp. Looks like tommorow I am making homemade sticky strips with yellow paper and Vaseline. What are your thoughts on hydrogen peroxide/water for the larvae?

Diatomaceous earth works well sprinkled on top. @bobrown14 I believe says just put a fan and blow em away if I recall.
You can probably do a search on H2O2 and amounts to use on gnats.
Actually, I was tossing the idea around of the air compressor.....

Mix one part 3% hydrogen peroxide with four parts water. Allow the top layer of your soil to dry, and then water your plants with this solution as you normally would. The soil will fizz for a few minutes after application; this is normal. The fungus gnat larvae will die on contact with the hydrogen peroxide.

I've never used H2O2 for fungus gnats, just for fusarium wilt. That said, I have poured a gallon of 3% H2O2 into a plant to no ill effect.

I have read the 1:4 for fungus gnats that BVB mentioned above. Instructions here:
I was stoned again , darn it. But we still got a little info about usage strength
Lol.

Fungus gnats.
:thumb:

I'd top dress with a mix of perlite & diatomaceous earth. It'll keep the surface of the grow medium dry & kill em off. I'd put a fan blowing over the top of the pots too. Those little fuckers can't fly for shit!
LoL

Hope this helps...

My plan for Das Schloss will be as follows on Sunday. Still want another day of drying and looks like my water cycle is once a week.

• Throw Trainwreck in the compost bin
  • Treat Bagseed Clone and Reg Bagseed youngling with 1 : 4 Hydrogen Peroxide. Lightly, no runoff.
  • Flush Bagseed Clone and Reg Bagseed youngling with ph'd water and mollases.
  • Feed Bagseed Clone and Reg Bagseed youngling with 4 grams MegaCrop/4 Liter milk jug
  • Picture update
Id be grateful to know how many grams of MegaCrop V 2.5 are in a plain ole coffee teaspoon from the drawer.

In the meantime on this snowy day (thats right ...snow), I have made some of @farside05 Faux Mix
  • 1/3 Bag of genuine Saskatchewan Peat
  • 1 9L bag of Perlite
  • 13 Tablespoons of Dolomite Lime
  • 5 Gallons of rested tap water
20190928_105545.jpg

20190928_104043.jpg

20190928_104051.jpg

Next week I plan to up pot into these.
20190928_105618.jpg

20190928_105707.jpg

The lava rock will be separated with that tacky table mat stuff
20190928_105625.jpg