I have yet to figure out those dam balls. :rofl:
Where am I losing you?

Why the heck are you so late flowering?
I'm doing the math and I'm pretty sure you are looking at the same sun as me?
You should have started flowering weeks ago.
You should be half done by now.
You will need a snowblower to harvest?
It'll be mid November, unless you bring them in to finish.
Then your bringing in the bugs.
Ok.... this is where you are losing me.

How are you miles ahead of me with a natural sunlight trigger when I am still at 13 hours of natural sunlight....back when I started, I was at 14 hours of natural sunlight. How are you getting yours to trigger long before me without schlepping them in and out of total darkness?

And yes, it would be mid November for them to finish up naturally.....which is not going to happen. Nor is bringing them into the tent to infest a already full house.

Just for fun I guess, and looks. :thumb:
Way better than petunias. ;)
Seems like a lot of work only to let them die in the coming freeze!
Absolutely its for fun and I most definitely enjoy looking at the lush green, badass plants.

Essentially, aren't all forms of outdoor gardening a lot of work to only have things die? Such is the cycle of the Canadian Summer and the plight of the middle class.

Its a labor of love Gro cha chos, a labor of love.

Way better than petunias. ;)

I do like my Petunias, however, at this time of the year they start to peter out and get filled with aphids. These ones are holding on quite nicely though.

How are you miles ahead of me with a natural sunlight trigger when I am still at 13 hours of natural sunlight....back when I started, I was at 14 hours of natural sunlight. How are you getting yours to trigger long before me without schlepping them in and out of total darkness?
Plants begin the flowering process on June 22nd when the days start getting shorter. Most show pistils in mid-to-late July, though sativas often make you wait until August.
Essentially, aren't all forms of outdoor gardening a lot of work to only have things die?
Yes, but usually we harvest from the productive ones before they do. ;)

Plants begin the flowering process on June 22nd when the days start getting shorter. Most show pistils in mid-to-late July, though sativas often make you wait until August.

Yes, but usually we harvest from the productive ones before they do. ;)
I guess where Im lost here is....
How does a cannabis plant flower in 16+ hours of daylight? Sativa or not.
I know mine certainly never thought about it.

Also, I am harvesting warm fuzzy personal well being ....the dried herb is a bonus.

How does a cannabis plant flower in 16+ hours of daylight? Sativa or not.
Cannabis plants are photoperiod and therefore have evolved to flower when the number of light hours begins to decrease. From the moment they germinate in spring the days are getting longer right up until the summer solstice. From that day forward they sense that fall is coming because they are getting progressively less and less light with each passing day.

Any plant of sexual maturity (which would be all outside plants germinated in the ground in the spring) will begin the flowering process on the 22nd of June (northern hemisphere) when the days get shorter. It takes them much longer to show pistils then plants slammed into 12/12, but as I mentioned, they will show pistils between mid July and mid August.

If all outside plants needed to wait for September 21st (12/12) to start flowering they would only have ever been native to climates with very mild winters like those near the equator. That's why the long flowering sativas are native to more tropical environments, but short flowering indicas are from where it gets colder sooner. I don't believe any cannabis is native to Canada.

Cannabis plants are photoperiod and therefore have evolved to flower when the number of light hours begins to decrease. From the moment they germinate in spring the days are getting longer right up until the summer solstice. From that day forward they sense that fall is coming because they are getting progressively less and less light with each passing day.

Any plant of sexual maturity (which would be all outside plants germinated in the ground in the spring) will begin the flowering process on the 22nd of June (northern hemisphere) when the days get shorter. It takes them much longer to show pistils then plants slammed into 12/12, but as I mentioned, they will show pistils between mid July and mid August.

If all outside plants needed to wait for September 21st (12/12) to start flowering they would only have ever been native to climates with very mild winters like those near the equator. That's why the long flowering sativas are native to more tropical environments, but short flowering indicas are from where it gets colder sooner. I don't believe any cannabis is native to Canada.
The slamming it into 12 hours helps get me there conceptually.

That being said, none of my outdoor plants have ever showed any signs of flowering until early September, let alone July or August.

And Bill, who is not far from me I think, had them trigger in July?

@Melville Hobbes' all had pistils by July 25th. Not sure of where he is but he's definitely in Canada.

Are yours sexually mature by June 22nd?
I'm in Southern Ontario, just south of the western tip of Lake Ontario.
My plants usually start to stretch mid to late July, and most years I have one or two building buds the first few days of August.
Last year's Bruce Banner had her first buds August 1st.
I'm a couple hundred kilometres south of Bill though. 43 degrees north.

Oops.

I'm in Southern Ontario, just south of the western tip of Lake Ontario.
My plants usually start to stretch mid to late July, and most years I have one or two building buds the first few days of August.
Last year's Bruce Banner had her first buds August 1st.
I'm a couple hundred kilometres south of Bill though. 43 degrees north.
It baffles me how your showing building buds in this time. I am a solid 30 days later at my latitude.
Are yours sexually mature by June 22nd?
If that question was aimed at me....yes.

If my plants started flowering later than they do I would be losing a lot of my crop to mould and frost.
If you're up as far north as Bill I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to grow outdoors shifting to flower so late.
By August 1st we're at 14:33 hours of sunlight here.

If my plants started flowering later than they do I would be losing a lot of my crop to mould and frost.
If you're up as far north as Bill I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to grow outdoors shifting to flower so late.
By August 1st we're at 14:33 hours of sunlight here.
I am at Latitude: 51.04 North, and there is no chance of them naturally reaching the end of the line before the cold takes them. I dont think I would even want to smoke it if it did make it to the end anyways. Too many bugs, and mould like you said.

August 1st, I am at 15 hours 24 min.

I am at Latitude: 51.04 North, and there is no chance of them naturally reaching the end of the line before the cold takes them. I dont think I would even want to smoke it if it did make it to the end anyways. Too many bugs, and mould like you said.

August 1st, I am at 15 hours 24 min.
That's pretty close to the longest day of the summer down here!

Today in Das Schloss und Das Hinterhoff

Flower Day 6
Nutes = 9g/gallon and homemade CalMag
Vpd = 22 degrees C / 70 % Rh
Light is drawing 128 watts

Stay funky Bros!

Here is my outdoor Aug 21....note the lack of flowering...you're not alone there BVB, I think she started flowering 1st week of Sept? Somewhere around then...

20220821_120415.jpg

Here is my outdoor Aug 21....note the lack of flowering...you're not alone there BVB, I think she started flowering 1st week of Sept? Somewhere around then...
Are you sure a motion sensor security light isn't working against the dark period? Or are you so far north that your longest day is really long?

It's not surprising that cannabis sativa isn't native to Canada!

Are you sure a motion sensor security light isn't working against the dark period? Or are you so far north that your longest day is really long?

Nope, that area is dark as can be after sundown. Cameras are all too far away to effect it.
As it's my first outdoor grow (and Photoperiod), I figured it was normal :rofl: :rofl:. She was mature by Spring, so I figured I'd just see how it went...

Breeder estimates put the finish time in Novemberish based upon start of flower.

But this weekend I'll be wiring two outlets to put some lights over top of them (inside the garage), where they'll spend rainy days, and too cold days/nights.

Breeder estimates put the finish time in Novemberish based upon start of flower.
But this weekend I'll be wiring two outlets to put some lights over top of them (inside the garage), where they'll spend rainy days, and too cold days/nights.
Trolley that monster inside and keep it warm at night and you should be golden. 11/13 or even 10/14 if it's getting full sun all day. That should be about where November probably is up by you.

You've already paid 48 Loonies for that grow? I guess the fact that it's so crowded in there will make it pay off in the end. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I refuse to get invested in your outside plants no matter how pretty they are. :thumb:
No....thats from over 2 grows. I never reset the meter. It was more of a reference for me at what wattage the light was at in this particular stage.

Im not getting invested in them either, lets make a blood pact.

They dance around the yard when you're not looking Baron!
Lousy kids!

Like I said, had to run them in and out of the shed for 5 days to trigger them...Rex should've too.

Back
Top Bottom