Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

And finally on to my favorite part of growing. SEED MAKING!!! I recently reversed a Jellium female to collect some pollen. My plan was to store some to pollinate both one of the Peyote Wi-Fi plants, but also to pollinate a Jellium plant I had just flipped. The jellium plant is probably about a week or so away from being ready to be pollinated. But the Peyote Wi-Fi are ready now. So yesterday I pulled my stored pollen from the fridge (first time storing pollen) and pollinated all the buds on two small lower branches on one of the Peyote Wi-Fi plants. Looking at the pictures I took of those buds this morning I'm thinking the pollination was a success. Not as prolific as when I harvest pollen from a plant and immediately pollinate buds. But I am very encouraged by what I see. Should provide me with a good number of seeds. And if once I pollinate the Jellium plant there is any pollen left I can always dust these again. Here are some pollinated bud photos. What do you guys think? Did the pollination work?

But we are a very loyal bunch.
And believe me @MagicJim that loyalty is deeply appreciated. When you don't have people following your thread I get like....what's the sense of keeping it going. I've not been here long enough to have a "following" so I really can't expect more then I get.

I'm not sure, but there must be some type of prize for the person who leaves the most likes in a month or a year. I seriously doubt the "Like leavers" even read the post they're liking. I guess in the grand scheme of things I shouldn't worry about things like that. And I've just decided right here and right now that I don't care about it anymore. Come and comment if you like. Leave likes if you like. Read the posts if you like. Do what makes you happy.

My first batch of mix using KIS Organics Nutrient Pack as the primary amendment went anaerobic. Smells like a pig farm. :idea: Years ago I heard of growers using this manure as their source of nutes. I hope it was cured.

Anyway, it just needed a good turning so I got the tarp and shovel out, turned it and it was good to go from then.
That's good to hear it turned over and went to good again.

@Van Stank has had good success growing multiple plants in the same pots. Maybe he would be so kind as to share if he's had any 3 fingered plants when grown together in the same pot?
Never had any multiple plants in the same pot show just 3 finger leaves. I know that my BCP only throws out 5 bladed leaves. I will have to take a peek at the Jellium I have going in her slow transition into flowering and take a peek at how many bladed leaves she has.

Well let's see. With @stoneotter casting his preferred method and adding that to a couple PMs and a few text messages from soil growers I am currently at 4 growers who turn (and moisten if needed) their soil, and 4 growers to say mix it really well, water it, put the lid on and leave it alone till you're ready to use it.

I reckon I'll just flip a coin as I'm sure both ways work. It is just dirt after all right? ;)
Or next time you mix up a batch at the same time....separate it into two piles and try half one method and half the other method and see which one produces happier plants. That is what I would do. I never let an opportunity to experiment pass me by!

Reading every word beez if you see a like. Now understanding enough to ask questions, not always. Hehe believe me I bookmark things I'm not able to process now so I can in the future. Your work with cuttings and making seeds is a feather in your cap I plan to borrow when I can! Your journal is a treasure chest to open! Thank You!

Not sure I understand. I grew a Jellium out and took two cuttings from her. This 7 gallon fabric pot has those two clones in it which I will pollinate once they are further into flower. The mother of these two clones did not look like these two clones.

Mother of the clone here:
Notice the 3 fingers - this is a clone of the original seed and the clone was the keeper. Hard to see the 3 fingered leaves but they are there. They actually look like mittens or "Ducks Foot" is what its been called in the cannabis realm. Possibly from Hawaiian genetics.... trying to remember the ducks foot thing.

full

Another view of the donor plant with 3 fingers:

full

Original plant from seed here:

Notice all 3 fingered leaves.

Edit:
The original plant above was a runt. I cloned it anyways because of the genetic mutation I wanted to see what would happen. The result is the first plant in the pic and the plant cuts were taken from. The 2nd generation from clone is the keeper.

I'm interested to see how the S1 seeds grow out.

As long as the plants produce big fat resin covered buds the number of fingers on the leaves is unimportant. I will however feel bad if the effort and time to reverse the mom (to make pollen) of these two girls produces plants of inferior quality.

I found a few seeds on the Black Cherry Punch plant I reversed to make some S1 seeds. I experimented this round and it bit me in the ass. Yes I got some seeds but very few. The entire plant was worthless, nothing to harvest for smoking or edibles. But it was a learning experience and I know not to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom