Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

Does it look done to you @InTheShed ? I am still seeing a good number of clear trichromes but the majority are milky. Something that @bobrown14 pointed out to me is that there are a number of trichromes without the ball on top which indicates they've matured and fallen off. And he says what I am seeing as clear is most likely the clear stalks of the trichromes missing their heads which would have been cloudy.

I don't see anything so ripe that it look like it would have popped its top, so those could have just been bumped off during handling. I do see enough clear to give it at least a few more days if not a week.

Though I don't know if you're looking for amber on this one. If you are I'd put the snips on ice for even longer as I don't see much if any amber anywhere.

I've got B&W pics of plants when an ice storm hit NY back in the early 70s that look exactly like those bud pics. That is a shit-ton of frost beez. Well done!

Ice storm in NY? Wait.... we have global warming now right? So no more worries. I was looking at our power lines coming to our pole with trees around them, an ice storm wood be problematic.

The Peyote wifi looks delish. Hows the other one in comparo to the organically grown one?

Growing with Malted Barley has taken 20% off my grow times on same plants/cuts I've grown with/without it.

I'd be packing that tester in my vape in NY minute. Looks good congrats, job well done.

Edit: ripe for some is not ripe for others. I like my weed to have a little kick to it. If its high THC then if no kick then I tend to hit the couch and lock down happens. lol I've seen clear/cloudy/amber on the same nug. Soooo hard to call but you're in the harvest window the one I'm looking thru anyways.

I know @CrazyChef just recently harvested his Peyote Wi-Fi girls. I'm thinking he was around 60ish day post flip. What I will most likely do is wait till I see the first couple amber trichromes and harvest the top 1/3 of the plant and let the bottom portion grow for another week or two to see if the buds swell up any or get more dense. I'm in no hurry because I don't have anything to take its place at least for another 3 or 4 weeks. The bugs are making me not want to up-pot the plants that are ready to be up-potted. I prefer to keep them in smaller pots and be smaller plants so they're more manageable and easier to spray with the Neem oil. I sprayed them today till they were dripping like crazy.

I snipped off a couple of the buds from the Peyote Wi-Fi that I pollinated with Jellium pollen. All good mature seeds. Some still with a little greenish tint to them but that should change to brown as they dry. I will resist the urge to harvest more for another week or so to give them just a little more time. As with any cross, this one has two good parents.....will it translate to the offspring?

I manage to get what I think is a pretty good photo of one of the critters eating my leaves in my veg plants. The pooping end is at the top, the eating end at the bottom of the photo. Anyone recognize this pest? That one is alive after 3 heavy drenchings of Neem oil.

Yep, thats a thrip. Do you ever spray with just water? Half of my spraying are just water. Lots of times a good pressure sprayer launches them bastards right off your leaves. If not and if its still small....set up something so you can suspend the plant and dip the foliage in a bucket of water. Leave it there for 5 min and then swirl it around for a min.....I find anything on the leaves are usually gone afterwards.

I was under the impression that thirps are visible to the naked eye is that not the case? I was not able to see any of these bugs without a mini-microscope. I'm figuring the critter in that photo is in it's larvae stage. I also (pre spraying) saw larger ones crawling around on the leaves. But these were not visible to the naked eye or at least to my naked eyes.

If they are thirps how long does it take for their eggs to hatch?

@InTheShed @Van Stank

The life cycle consists of five stages: egg, larval, prepupal, pupal and adult. Female adult western flower thrips live up to 30 days and lay 2-10 eggs per day. At 20°C, development from egg to adult takes approximately 19 days. At 25°C, it takes 13 days. The eggs are inserted into soft plant tissues, including flowers, leaves, stems and fruit. In sweet pepper, egg hatch gives the leaves a speckled appearance, with the degree of speckling corresponding to the number of hatched eggs. The larval stage (see Figure 2) consists of 2 instars that feed and develop on the leaves, flowers and fruit. The prepupal and pupal stages often complete their development on the ground or growing medium, but pupation can also take place on the plant.

Okay, so one day you wake up and your balls itch and your "member" is sore and you don't know why. You going to just rub some Cortisone cream on it or are you going to want to find out what it is then treat it?

100% purely academic wanting to know what species of bug I am treating.

And I keep bringing up the point that the bugs on my leaves are not visible without my microscope and I keep asking are thirps visible and so far nobody seems to want to step out on the limb and give me the answer.

The prepupal and pupal stages often complete their development on the ground or growing medium, but pupation can also take place on the plant.
So why am I not treating my soil/medium as well as the leaves if they are maturing on the soil/medium and not up on the leaves?

If your interest is academic, I would contact my local college or university's entomology department, or post your bug pic on Amy's friend or foe thread.

If your balls itch and the same product will kill whatever is making them itch (cortisone will not), then apply that product rather than wait while you get the results back from the lab.

So why am I not treating my soil/medium as well as the leaves if they are maturing on the soil/medium and not up on the leaves?
This is why you would spray neem every three days for thirty days. To get them as they move up to the leaf-eating stage. Or spray with DE once a week instead.

Back
Top Bottom