Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

On the limb I wood say mites early stages of nymph fvcks.

White spots telltale sign. Thrips leave a different mark on the leaves.

Hard to see here but mites leave destintively different marks but you wood see adults if you look and they will be laying eggs.

The larvae and nymphs on mites are VERY small. I've never seen them.

If no adults then all you gotta do is kill off these nymphs or larvae. No adults no eggs no more bugs.

Problems almost solved.

Spring time is usually when I see the mites. They common outside in spring. I haven't seen a thrip in several years. They fly I always have fans on the soil line. Mmm bye bye.

thrips-cannabis.jpg

xplantas_plaga_blog_full.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.QMGkU5Spcw.jpg

Right after I read that bit about the ball itch, I got a bug bite on the back of my upper thigh. You know how hard it is to itch your upper thigh?

On a new note, that Jellium you grew is outta site. Gets me high AF.:ganjamon:

Next time I drop by I'll bring you some of these Jellium X Peyote Wi-Fi seeds. I'm about halfway through harvesting them.
Not a typical brown color. These have a more olive color. They are definitely fully matured being 6 full weeks since I pollinated the buds.

I didn't pollinate as many buds on the Jellium plant and didn't dust those buds till 10 days after the Wi-Fi so I haven't harvested one of those yet. I'll give them about 10 days to 2 weeks then check one to see how it looks.

You are asking the wrong person if Thrips are naked to the visible eye Beez. I can't see shit if its within arm length. Seriously why do you think I lean on Ms Stank to sex my plants. I know what I am looking for....I just can't freaking see it LOL. I recognize the signs the bugs leave.....Mites you know instantly after having them and I can assure you that nothing you have shown me leans at all towards mites. The rest can be a bit muddled but thrips are very recognizable like bob posted. You are showing thrip signs from the pics I have seen.

I say this with utmost sincerity Beez.....spend some time on google reading about thrips and mites and aphids and fungus gnats. They will likely be your foes in organic soil. You will learn a lot about them. I know you are ANXIOUS to get rid of them, I totally get that!! But take the time to learn about your foe. A lot of the questions you ask are easily answered with a bit of reading.

Also don't expect treatments to be 100% effective with only one or two applications. I can take weeks sometimes to be rid of all signs of them. Be vigilant and keep a clean tent is the best advice I can give you brother.

Growing indoors or in a greenhouse, we have optimal conditions for all sorts of pests with little or no natural predators.

Wind and rain are the best prevention. We dont have that.

Gotta get on that IPM bike ride.

Pick your poison.

You must choose wisely.

tenor-1.gif

Just rereading this.....care to expound on how you use your Neem Drenches?

Alright, I add 4-5ml/gal of neem with 5-6 drops of palm olive, pearl, or other suitable non-antibacterial soap. Mix that up and water it in once a week. You can do this preemptively as IPM(integrated pest management), because as I said the neem becomes systemic in the plant. Any pests that try to munch on your cannabis leaves or roots are going to get their digestive system attacked by neem. I don’t think it becomes systemic with foliar sprays because it needs to be absorbed by the roots, but I could be wrong about that. Great thing about neem drenches, you can use them even in week 8 of flower if you have to.

Alright, I add 4-5ml/gal of neem with 5-6 drops of palm olive, pearl, or other suitable non-antibacterial soap. Mix that up and water it in once a week.
If you are watering it in what is the purpose of the soap? I mix a drop or two of dish soap to a gallon of foliar to help it stick to the leaves. What is it doing when you're watering it in?

If you are watering it in what is the purpose of the soap? I mix a drop or two of dish soap to a gallon of foliar to help it stick to the leaves. What is it doing when you're watering it in?
It mixes more readily into water with the addition of soap, that way you don’t just have oil floating on top of your gallon of water.

If neem oil is systemic and used in flower, does it have any effect on the taste of the buds? Or does it lose it's "flavor" once it's taken up by the roots?

I’ve never noticed an off flavor or smell.. I have noticed more shiny leaves with its use though... I guess that’s why they sell it as “leaf polish”

That was going to be my next question to him. I understand in foliars but not sure I understand it in a drench. :passitleft:

That was going to be my next question to him. I understand in foliars but not sure I understand it in a drench. :passitleft:
Yeah it’s not used as a surfactant, it’s used as an emulsifier

Be careful using dish soaps. The reason for them is as a surfactant.

Dish soaps are not really soap any more. There are a lot of chemicals that are harmful to bacteria good and bad.

There are much better surfactants out there and good for the plants and the soil.

Try coconut water (pure) or say dr Bronners Castile soap they even have the unscented version = no taste.

I haven't looked to see if Neem is systemic but its in my soil mix and its in Beeze's soil mix as well.

I can say that anything that is systemic to fight pests and there are lots of them, only works on pests that actually penetrate deep enough into the plant to suck from or penetrate the vascular system. Spider Mites and I think thrips do not, they penetrate 1 cell into the leaf surface. Why adding in silica (Pro-teck) and or Horsetail fern tea to your foliar IPM routine helps the plants build thicker waxy layer on the outside layers of leaves to help with pests. It's like building a shield on the leaves.

Many pests that we indoor growers or green house growers deal with do NOT penetrate into the vascular system (thankfully). There are pests that do this. Leaf Hoppers are one.

Think about insects that bite people. Blood sucking pests penetrate into vascular tissue. Why we can give dogs and cats Spinosad orally and it fights off ticks and fleas. BTW I use Spinosad foliar as my IPM and I rarely get tick bites. We have a lot of ticks around. They get on me and leave pronto. Thank freaking God. Man I hate ticks.

Edit: Surfactants help emulsify. They kinda are the same thing. If youre say cooking food and you want to emulsify something you probably dont want to use soap. So there are other better ways to mix oil with water that soap. Coconut water is a GREAT one. It's also very high in PGRs (plant growth regulators = hormones).

I'm playing around again this time conducting a fun experiment. I was gifted a few seeds recently and thought one would be perfect for this. Now it all might be for naught as the seeds are regulars. But if the plant ends up being a female all will be good. This is nothing fancy or new by any means...….lots of people do it.

I took one of the gifted seeds, sprouted it, and immediately put it into a small tent with a Viparspectra light and went straight to 12/12 lighting. I've wanted to try this forever but just never got around to it. I have her in a 2 gallon pot where she's been since she sprouted. Finally she has started to grow some. I guess she's built up some roots and is ready to start growing. Good looking plant with leaves that remind me of a Northern Lights leaves. I'm guessing she will start to stretch and flower when she reaches maturity??

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

I'm about finished harvesting the Jellium Wi-Fi seeds off the Peyote Wi-Fi plant. There are maybe 3 or 4 more buds I need to pick through. I'm pleased with this harvest. In a couple weeks I'll start looking at the pollinated Jellium buds to see how mature those S1 seeds are. I won't have near the quantity I got off the Wi-Fi because the buds are smaller and I pollinated less buds. Anything more then 25 would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom