Shorti Goes DWC: Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

re: Shorti Goes DWC - Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

Not a whole lot to report other than Christina's little leafs are starting to take shape ;p

Hope everyone had an awesome day of growing!
89eb9bdba4f5b68be5bca49b0282c0d2.jpg

Now it's just the wait for them true leaves to show :), coming along nicely.

Thank you PW and DankBone.

I took my temps in water after the complete lights on cycle. 65.7F, so I'm turning off ventilation at lights out to help with matters.. Tent temp at 72 with 39%rH. Added a plate, cloth, water to tent to bring it up. Today is supposed to be the last of the cool days, but after my first week in hydro I'm realizing my water temps trend low, z7 as recommended by PW will be instrumental for when temps go up but I don't see any possibility of over 75f water temps so that really eases my worries.

65f is right in the sweet spot, will hold lots of oxygen for your roots and they'll likely stay pearly white and beautiful until the nute stain kicks in. Remember, the bigger the spread between day and night temps, the bigger the node spacing might be. Looking good HS!

Thank you Growchy! I'm glad to know that.

Lights on/lights off only has about an 8 degree spread right now and it seems temps will be very manageable now that I've got all my venting worked out

I actually just made a 2 site DIY igloo cooler and got a new air pump to run 2 air stones hehe. Gonna be starting another babe soon.

Went ahead and bit the bullet for a Mars reflector 48. Only 100w or so give or take, but higher par than 300w model. Here's to hoping I don't feel like buying a new light 2 weeks after I get it

Good choice! I was going back and forth between this light and mine. I hope all is well for you my #budsister. How is Florida weather these days? It's been -30 c here all week brrrrrr. I'm so in awww of you and your Dwc operation, so fn cool! #hydrochick lol has a good ring to it;)

Thank you Newty
My weather is definitely a lot like FL at 80 degrees . -30c sounds horrifying though.

I've ran into an issue :( with the new igloo Dwc the top of my plant is like 20" from the light and I can't raise it anymore..

I shouldn't have skimped on the tent

New setup. Will probably have to buy a water pump to assist in res changes. Cooler has roughly 6 gallons of water in it. The metal boxy thing is covering another net pot hole.

Pretty sure I will have roots in the water tomorrow

I do but IDK if I trust it to suck 6 gallons. Water pumps aren't that expensive.. I'm thinking like a modular RDWC for res changes.

Hey PW, where can I get misters?

Looks like shop vac will be my method of action until further notice. Can I just sit the rootball and lid in an empty tote so they hang suspended in air?

If you use Dewey misters you'll need 3-4 inches of water in the bucket for the mister to pick up.

65f is right in the sweet spot, will hold lots of oxygen for your roots and they'll likely stay pearly white and beautiful until the nute stain kicks in. Remember, the bigger the spread between day and night temps, the bigger the node spacing might be. Looking good HS!

Good wisdom there, never knew that :O

You make hydro look like a lot of fun . hopefully she ends up all nice n lady like for you!

Even if she is a he, I'll still have had fun getting my feet wet. Thanks for stopping in, Big.

So I think tomorrow morning I'll officially have roots in the water I AM SO EXCITED. 2 lil baby roots are hanging in the Misty bubble gap between water level and net pot now. Such a beautiful thing.

It's so cool actually being able to see that :3 I'm loving the bubble cloner experience lol

I may or may not have industrial air pumps in my ama zon cart .

The roots are the cutest little things :3

Back
Top Bottom