Shorti Goes DWC: Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

re: Shorti Goes DWC - Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

Thank you all, Joe, Pino and Dankbone!

Goodmorning 420magazine!
Christina has done quite a bit of growing overnight with her lights on!
Bucket temp is 65.3, hoping ambient temps rise a bit before lights out but I'm gonna quit stressing over high/low temps and just use my z7 and do regular maintenance. Gotta have a can-do attitude.

Work work work today. Hope everyone has an awesome one!

Christina is a beaut! .
Thank you Newty! Im really digging her early leaf structure and serrations.

Also does anyone have experience with using an igloo cooler as a bucket? I'm gonna either be fashioning one or insulating my black bucket.

I can say this. My next hydro grow will be rdwc in a bigger tent xD

Anyways off to work cya 420!

Thanks for joining Neil!

Hey 3g, how is the heat on the PS Mini? How close can I get it to plants? Would it be appropriate for 2x2x4?

It should be ok in a 2x2 but a little weak around the edges. 18" is the closest I'd get it to your plant unless late flower ice gone down to 14 but it fries the leaves. Super intense directly underneath but less so outside it's own footprint. As far as heat it's nothing crazy

Went ahead and bit the bullet for a Mars reflector 48. Only 100w or so give or take, but higher par than 300w model. Here's to hoping I don't feel like buying a new light 2 weeks after I get it

Went ahead and bit the bullet for a Mars reflector 48. Only 100w or so give or take, but higher par than 300w model. Here's to hoping I don't feel like buying a new light 2 weeks after I get it

96 is good too furcifer recommends it as well o believe .

I was toying with the idea of putting the mars 300 next to my mini in the big cab but I think overkill. I hope that light works out for you, I feel like you could've gone bigger. Although I am havin a hard time recalling your grow space size lol everyone's still talking in inches and feet so I'm totally lost!

Size is 0.6x0.6x1.2 the 300 has gotten tent temps as high as 84 so I'm hoping the reflector will lessen heat

Size is 0.6x0.6x1.2 the 300 has gotten tent temps as high as 84 so I'm hoping the reflector will lessen heat

Are your tent vents open shorti ?

All tent vents open plus exhaust fan at top. I assume it's just from being a small area.

It's generally under 80, it's just I live in a very warm climate. 78 is about average. Thank god I can keep my water cool though.

All tent vents open plus exhaust fan at top. I assume it's just from being a small area.

It's generally under 80, it's just I live in a very warm climate. 78 is about average. Thank god I can keep my water cool though.

Hmm
Any fans up top shooting down on light will help a bit keep light area cooler maybe?

Hmm
Any fans up top shooting down on light will help a bit keep light area cooler maybe?
Not enough space to put a fan up top and still have exhaust. I do have my fan closer to the lower vent angled up, circulating the cooler air.

Shorti I had Rez temps hit the 80's last summer and Z7 prevented any problems from being established. You should be golden.

Well that makes me feel much better. I think Im just being a worry wart. Even with lights on since 3.. 11pm now, 80 in tent, bucket temp is only at 67.5 according to my pen. Water feels cool to touch.

Did notice some light coming through the net pot, so I put a makeshift foil light trap around the top

Not a whole lot to report other than Christina's little leafs are starting to take shape ;p

Hope everyone had an awesome day of growing!

Everything is looking nice and on track to me! Your meticulous planning and attention to details should serve you well .

Everything is looking nice and on track to me! Your meticulous planning and attention to details should serve you well .
Thank you Dabber! I just want everything to go well enough to make me never want to grow in soil again.

Back
Top Bottom