Shotta's - Gorilla Glue #4 - Coco Grow - DTW - HID Lighting

Hey Shotta
Where can I get a hold of the GG4 beans?
Which breeder would you recommend?

I am not sure which breeder carries the gg#4.

It was originally a clone only, and eventually some people selved some seeds of the clone. The guy who bred gg#4 goes by josey wales in another forum. Its kind of a gamble when your using selfie seeds IMO. There should be some stellar offerings of gg#4 crosses pretty soon if not already. pretty sure you could find something. Let me know what you find. Do a search on gg#4 and who created it. cool story.

Hey Cultivator great to see you back around!!! I didnt realize that rhizo was bacteria in liquid form. Thought of it more as a kelp based rooting supplement. Which it does have kelp in it. But I am all ears if you think the voodoo juice will blow shit up more I am all for it. The roots I posted are just getting started though and the recipe has been working. But coming from you I am keen to explore other options.

The gg#4 I have is a direct cutting from the circle of guys that created the strain. It cranks out weight and quality everytime. The last year and a half I have been working at my local hydro and been trying all kinds of products. Pretty cool gig actually, reduced nutrient cost, networking platform, and Im learning heaps.

Cheers cultivator glad to have you back around.

Yeah my understanding of rhizo is that its beneficials and seaweed. dont get me wrong those roots look pearly white, there is certainly nothing wrong with them. But the voodoo works so well with shark. trust me. some things just work together in harmony lol. the voodoo is beneficial fungi and the shark bacteria. they all have different functions in a symbiotic relationship. But hey mate, if what you are doing is working i guess there is no problem to fix.....

I was given the gg#4 seeds from a 420 member with good intentions but im not sure the seeds were legit. They were awful plants and i couldng verify the origin so to be fair they could have been anything.

Keep up the good work and i will follow with interest :)

Yeah my understanding of rhizo is that its beneficials and seaweed. dont get me wrong those roots look pearly white, there is certainly nothing wrong with them. But the voodoo works so well with shark. trust me. some things just work together in harmony lol. the voodoo is beneficial fungi and the shark bacteria. they all have different functions in a symbiotic relationship. But hey mate, if what you are doing is working i guess there is no problem to fix.....

I was given the gg#4 seeds from a 420 member with good intentions but im not sure the seeds were legit. They were awful plants and i couldng verify the origin so to be fair they could have been anything.

Keep up the good work and i will follow with interest :)

Na man I appreciate the feedback and suggestion. Its working ok I should have some better roots soon. I am going to get some voodoo juice in the next day or two so I can try it out.

I can assure you I will follow your new projects and try to incorporate some of your horticulture wizardry since I know your style is on point.

That sucks the beans were bunk. What strains are you running now?

We've all sure missed having you around. I'm glad you're back....and with such nice plants! Not that I would have expected anything less.

Man its been too long. Glad to be back DocBud. My plants are ok I guess. Comparing them to yours I would say they need work. Could always be better. But I am pretty happy with my garden at the moment. I want to get a kit cooking just finding the time to do the kit grow is hard to come by at the present moment. I finally aquired a space to expand so that will open up in december and I will have a nice space to do a nice grow.

cheers for stopping in DocBud

Subscribed Shottafire, great to see you back on 420 Mag.

The "THE FIRE OF KNOWLADGE" is in the house. :Namaste:

RSOiler AKA 60cal

Subscribed Shottafire, great to see you back on 420 Mag.

The "THE FIRE OF KNOWLADGE" is in the house. :Namaste:

RSOiler AKA 60cal

Right on RSOiler! Glad you stopped by. I will be by your journal shortly to see what you have been up to.
I see your running coco now, I love the stuff.

Ha, I didn't know that! It's good to know you're still around. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:
Isn't it great. Cultivator too, guy is a legend. Anyone that follows my journal, watch and listen to what cultivator is doing and check his new journal.

So I'm going to do a step by step of how I clone.
It will be a post at a time. Going to break down what I used for this round of cuts.
Alcohol, clean pair of shears, scalpel, cutting surface ( for this I used a cookie sheet from 99 cents store),
A cup of straight tap water preferably chilled in fridge for half an hour, rooting gel, and root riot plugs in a tray and dome.

image35105.jpg

Before taking cuts I like to do a few things.
1st I like to remove my plants from the light or turn the lights off. When you take cuts from plants under intense light like hid lighting they are transpiring moisture and they have the tendency to fall over for a day or so. I like my cuts to stand straight up the whole way through.
This is the reason for removing them from the light they slow down transpiration and they seem to stay nice and vertical without any droop.

2nd I like to spray the plants down with some plain tap water.

3rd prepare all my root riot plugs by just placing them in some plain tap water.
No ph'ing the water until there is roots.

Choosing your cut

When you choose your cut always try to pick a healthy plant and shoot to cut from.
I like taking tops and like to take a little larger cuts. Tops are softer tissue and they are more prone to damping off but if done right they will be a little more vigorous right out of the gate.
The lower more woody branches are much heartier and seem to hold the moisture in better.
Keeping them the same is kind of important. uniformity is important. Keep things even if at all possible. Like all upper or all lower branches.

When ready start snipping. Looking for a healthy shoot.

image35106.jpg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image35117.jpg[/

After you take your cut remove all the big water leaves below the main growing tip and place in cup of chilled tap water. You can let them soak in here for a few minutes or longer if needed.

Sorry about the sideways pictures but here's the cup of chilled water where my clones will sit until I'm ready to start using the scalpel to make my clean cuts. Removing The lowest growing node and cutting a clean 45 right below that.

image35107.jpg

Looking forward to your clone tutorial finish. Have a good rest shottafire.

seems like sound advice to me my friend. some nice looking clones.

sadly i lost my mothers a while ago so havent taken a cut in over a year! feels like a life time lol. at one time it felt like thats all i ever done.

I like the big cuts. i find they take a day or 2 longer to root than smaller cuts but you def save time on veg and get larger healthy plants quicker. seems like thats an obvious point lol.

I'm going to sit in on this sir.

I have a friend who grew GG#4 and I bought a few ozs of it from him and loved it. Probably the most strong cerebellum bending strain I've ever smoked. I swear I smoked it and completely forgot for an hour the list of things I had to do.

It's nice in the morning with your coffee.

Back
Top Bottom