Silverfox’s Organic GG#4, MK Ultra x Blue Dream: Now Flowering Under Budget LED

Ok so a couple things. None of which are updates to my journal lol.

first a question for the fine folks at @BudgetLED. So as I mentioned I flowered this beat up. Nutrient deficient plant mostly under the beautiful led from you guys. Once I got it I put it in my organic soil mix. I have noticed as mentioned before that this thing did dense to the buds significantly over my hps. What I was not expecting was the difference in taste. These were all clones off of my mother plant so no difference in DNA. The LED flowered plants I just taste tested today are sweet. Like oh man is there a starburst stuck in my pipe? What an unexpected delight. I was recently listening to an interview with DJ Short(my idol).I hold him in higher regard than Nevil... no disrespect they are both great. Just my opinion. Anyway he was talking about how flowering with MH brings out the sweet and flowering with HPS brings out the sour.

do you guys think the LED would also bring out sweet flavors or is this just in my head. I know they taste different. But there are a couple of factors that’s were changed during this grow and can’t be sure if the led should get the credit lol. Time will tell :surf:

also I just picked up a 4x4 tent so get ready for my onslaught of questions in about 6 -8 months when I’m done with a couple projects I’ve been wanting to do and am ready for a legit flower light!!

if you can’t tell I think really highly of these guys and want them to succeed

my second thing is if you are all interested in breeding or just want a new cannabis podcast check out the pot cast.

My favorite episodes are the DJ Short interview and the interview with Breeder Steve.

DJ short also mentions he has been flowering at 11 on 13 off since the 80’s and said it helps terps and yeild because the plants absorb energy during the day and use it at night. It makes complete sense and I will be running my next couple in the flower tent like this

Happy growing

silver

Send us some for scientific research purposes only :cool: . Then we can do a thorough study on your findings.

You are not the first to mention this but variables come into play. However, if you like it, we are happy!

I’m using a mh for veg. It’s about 12” from the top

can’t wait to do a full flower with your light! I just harvested the candy kush last night and it was easily themust compact of any of that strain my friend ran.

I’m sad to be shutting down the flower tent for a couple weeks.

if only I had ordered from you sooner and not tried to use that random led high bay light. I’m guessing the wave length just wasn’t right.

but I now have found my light supplier for life! Can’t thank you guys enough for answering every question I had. Customizing the cord length. Reaching out to me to ask if I wanted driver on the inside mounted to light or outside the tent. It was a lot of fun working with you and I look forward to future endeavors
Hey Silver, How are things going? Sorry haven't been on for a minute, Been working a lot, Totally off topic, but when do i consider my 12-12 to be day one. Thanks

@cal45 are you asking when you’re ready for harvest?

if so there are two methods. The most accurate is to get a jewelers loupe or a really good magnifying glass and look at the trichomes. You usually are looking for a good mix of amber and cloudy heads.

the second is to look at the pistols if the flower. When they have all turned in and are about 80% orange is when most people harvest.

Check out this cool post when you get time.

When to harvest

Feel free to drop some pictures in here my friend. We can help you decide when is the optimum harvest window for you

Hey Silver, How are things going? Sorry haven't been on for a minute, Been working a lot, Totally off topic, but when do i consider my 12-12 to be day one. Thanks
The first day with a full 12/12 is considered day one of 12/12. Once you see pistils forming, that would be considered day 1 of flower.

the second is to look at the pistols if the flower. When they have all turned in and are about 80% orange is when most people harvest.
Looking at the pistils will not give you a definitive answer. It tells you they are close, but you won’t fully know unless you look at the trichs and get them to the preferred amount of amber. Trichs are king! :thumb:

@cal45 are you asking when you’re ready for harvest?

if so there are two methods. The most accurate is to get a jewelers loupe or a really good magnifying glass and look at the trichomes. You usually are looking for a good mix of amber and cloudy heads.

Check out this cool post when you get time.

When to harvest

Feel free to drop some pictures in here my friend. We can help you decide when is the optimum harvest window for you
Thanks a lot, that helped me a bunch as well as the others, because i have a couple that i'm not sure the strain at all. :hookah:

Attachments

• 20191025_105204.jpg
    20191025_105204.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
  • 20191028_115926.jpg
    20191028_115926.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
  • 20191028_120059.jpg
    20191028_120059.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 253
  • 20191028_120131.jpg
    20191028_120131.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 232
  • 20191028_120150.jpg
    20191028_120150.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 240
  • 20191028_120344.jpg
    20191028_120344.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 257
The first day with a full 12/12 is considered day one of 12/12. Once you see pistils forming, that would be considered day 1 of flower.

Looking at the pistils will not give you a definitive answer. It tells you they are close, but you won’t fully know unless you look at the trichs and get them to the preferred amount of amber. Trichs are king! :thumb:
Thanks a bunch, that was what i was trying to ask, i just wasn't to clear about it. Lol
Sorry Silver:hookah:

Ha ha I can’t promise you this stock but I say we meet up next year for the cannabis cup in Michigan!

We are planning to be there! Looking forward to meeting you in person. :passitleft:

Good morning

just a quick pic update. No issues

training is going well I’ve adjusted 4 times so far but always very little just tucking the top down.

C9B370F4-EAD0-4917-BDFE-1BDED79B4F0D.jpeg

E1B79D32-5268-43E8-B401-8B46D675D89C.jpeg

And a sneak peak at what I’ll enter into bud of the month. Just can’t believe how much better that @BudgetLED light bud looks compared to same strain under hps

473A0753-51C5-487D-98E0-E19F9171C3FC.jpeg

Great photo silver! :thumb:

I’m sorry if I missed it, as it might be posted above.. what’s your overal plan with the plants? Are going to top it? Are you going to train it sideways for a while? I’m intrigued by your method! Quite similar to what I did with ren and Stimpy a while back.

A662B042-83AC-4192-8C3C-117C1F1803B2.jpeg

My plan and what happens are usually different :laughtwo:

I usually scrog but it’s not really possible running perpetual. So I’m back to lst. I try to run it along the edge of the pot then top it after that.

Good afternoon fellow enthusiasts.

no major updates just transplanted the gg #4 last night. Decided to remove the 3rd seedling as it wasn’t taking off and i have plans for the space in the next couple weeks.

0F5A737F-C102-4077-A498-798DA5E31AB5.jpeg

Have not watered the larger plant since transplant last week (8 days) It will be ready in the next day or two.

Looks can be deceiving :laughtwo:

I go by weight of the pot and what the plant is telling me. Right now it’s ok. There is wet soil at the bottom the roots just have to go find it. Then when I water again the roots will soak up the nutrient rich soil and go through a bit of a growth spurt.

it’s an ebb and a flow. I don’t want a constant wet soil or my roots couldn’t breathe.

Kind of like if you didn’t have the air stone in your tank your roots would get no oxygen and the plants would eventually die

however I agree with you it does look like it needs water. I want to every time I visit the tent but it’s just not time lol.

:surf:

Looks can be deceiving :laughtwo:

I go by weight of the pot and what the plant is telling me. Right now it’s ok. There is wet soil at the bottom the roots just have to go find it. Then when I water again the roots will soak up the nutrient rich soil and go through a bit of a growth spurt.

it’s an ebb and a flow. I don’t want a constant wet soil or my roots couldn’t breathe.

Kind of like if you didn’t have the air stone in your tank your roots would get no oxygen and the plants would eventually die

however I agree with you it does look like it needs water. I want to every time I visit the tent but it’s just not time lol.

:surf:
Ahhaha okay makes perfect sense. But I am glad you agreed with me. :rofl:
The more I watch everyone growing in soil I keep thinking I'm going to have to try it. Down the road though. Way down the road.

Good afternoon,

just a quick update no real issues. Lst is setting in and the lower heads are starting to stretch Up and have overtaken the original top

the gg #4 Is by far my best looking plant. I plan to just top that and not lst from the beginning

I’m still debating doing a staggered seed run in my extra tent but also just ordered some new dj short regular seeds and will want to breed with them also. Good problems to have lol

5E556AFD-FE92-4D18-B0D8-3F982259BC12.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom