Skybound's Journal

Dude I found ALOT of plants that didn't impress me with bud size,,,, but were killer can came to the pipe?????????? GL she looks happy

Thanks for the optimism Wood, but as little as I smoke anymore, I wouldn't know bad bud from dog shit at this point. Quitting smoking cigs ruined my taste buds and all weed tastes tary to me. I take a puff or two each night to knock the edge off, but it's nowhere near the same as when I was killin myself with the cigs. I'm semi-grateful because this PC grows like OG, but with about twice the branches, Trimming is going to be a nightmare, but the yield should be at least Ok. As long as I get my 16, I'll be gtg.

Thanks for the optimism Wood, but as little as I smoke anymore, I wouldn't know bad bud from dog shit at this point. Quitting smoking cigs ruined my taste buds and all weed tastes tary to me. I take a puff or two each night to knock the edge off, but it's nowhere near the same as when I was killin myself with the cigs. I'm semi-grateful because this PC grows like OG, but with about twice the branches, Trimming is going to be a nightmare, but the yield should be at least Ok. As long as I get my 16, I'll be gtg.
you no usually when people quit smoking there taste buds start working better tastes and smells you weren't getting much of now your getting more of maybe your in the middle of getting all your taste buds working on full possibly in a few mos. it could start tasting better!

you no usually when people quit smoking there taste buds start working better tastes and smells you weren't getting much of now your getting more of maybe your in the middle of getting all your taste buds working on full possibly in a few mos. it could start tasting better!

Welp, I just took a puff and sure enough, it tasted like tary shit. Because of my low tolerence, the sweetness in the smoke was about the most enjoyment I got out of some strains, sometimes followed by heart palpitations, an uncanny urge to peek between the blinds w/o spreading them a noticeable amount and the pressing thoughts of being raided by helicopters, MIBs the whole 9, because ya know, they gotta get my zips off the street lol. Thankfully the PC puts me in a creative ball busting kinda mood, so it looks like it just tastes bad (for now?).

Got to use the charts to help me tell smells.... Years of pumping nasty shit in my nose and arms,, and smoking and drinking left me with a ruined palate.... But is a way to improve that.............

Welp, I just took a puff and sure enough, it tasted like tary shit. Because of my low tolerence, the sweetness in the smoke was about the most enjoyment I got out of some strains, sometimes followed by heart palpitations, an uncanny urge to peek between the blinds w/o spreading them a noticeable amount and the pressing thoughts of being raided by helicopters, MIBs the whole 9, because ya know, they gotta get my zips off the street lol. Thankfully the PC puts me in a creative ball busting kinda mood, so it looks like it just tastes bad (for now?).
that pc sounds like it works for ya at least you have that
sorry bud!

that pc sounds like it works for ya at least you have that

sorry bud!

I like the lift at one puff, but I'm afraid to take a second back to back and go too far with it. I wish I tasted the sweetness though, that really was the point for me, and now it's gone. womp womp wommmmp. I'm still happy I was ablt to quit smoking cigs tho, I was getting very nervous that I'd never again find my way out. I pray to God that I never pick up another cig, under any circumstances! I'm not going to deny just how stupid I can be.

Is your opinion that there's no known viable/workable secondary calcium source? I already scrapped one of my tanks and remade mix #3 for the week. I don't want to take any chances. I found a different source of CalNite that has a slightly higher concentration of Ca to N, but that aside, every other source of Ca I can find would require trace sized doses. Calcium EDTA looks good on the surface, but the EDTA is poisonous at higher concentrations, plus when I bought the shit, it was advertised as having more sodium than calcium. They've since omitted the sodium language from the description, but they're not fooling this guy.
Hi Here's a recipe I plan on using one day.https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/emmies-diy-calmagphos-from-eggshells.276691/

Hi Here's a recipe I plan on using one day.https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/emmies-diy-calmagphos-from-eggshells.276691/

I did this last week, though I used a lot more vinegar, still the result pulled my reservoir PH up to 6.6ish. I killed them with PH down to bring it back to ideal, but then the next time I tested the PH, the starting reading was around 5.0 and took several minutes to climb back up to 5.8. I wasted about a hundred gallons of RO last week experimenting with calcium carbonate. I resisted using foliar sprays for years and years, but these recent failures have gotten me past that phobia. Calcium carbonate is a very strong base. It might be less of a concern in soil plants, but in hydro, it will be a nightmare.

I did this last week, though I used a lot more vinegar, still the result pulled my reservoir PH up to 6.6ish. I killed them with PH down to bring it back to ideal, but then the next time I tested the PH, the starting reading was around 5.0 and took several minutes to climb back up to 5.8. I wasted about a hundred gallons of RO last week experimenting with calcium carbonate. I resisted using foliar sprays for years and years, but these recent failures have gotten me past that phobia. Calcium carbonate is a very strong base. It might be less of a concern in soil plants, but in hydro, it will be a nightmare.
Sounds like a big difference.

I thought it was the carbonate that was the base, but I guess it's the calcium that's the base because if the vinegar pulls the cal out of the carbonate ..... 2+2=4.

I thought it was the carbonate that was the base, but I guess it's the calcium that's the base because if the vinegar pulls the cal out of the carbonate ..... 2+2=4.
Have you looked at the Korean farming lactobacillic acid to break it down? I'm very new so all I know is terms and no experience That would be different anyway if it worked.

Have you looked at the Korean farming lactobacillic acid to break it down? I'm very new so all I know is terms and no experience That would be different anyway if it worked.

No, but I'll research the term to shake some more info loose. Thanks for the study lead!

No, but I'll research the term to shake some more info loose. Thanks for the study lead!
The Korean thing is something I want to learn someday but I can only go so fast. Here's where I first learned the recipe. If it breaks the shells down it might be something very different.

I like the lift at one puff, but I'm afraid to take a second back to back and go too far with it. I wish I tasted the sweetness though, that really was the point for me, and now it's gone. womp womp wommmmp. I'm still happy I was ablt to quit smoking cigs tho, I was getting very nervous that I'd never again find my way out. I pray to God that I never pick up another cig, under any circumstances! I'm not going to deny just how stupid I can be.
I understand about quitting it can be challenging have you tried vaping some weed its very tasty maybe you could find some pleasure plus the vape is a little different high imo it might be the answer for you im sure you got the cig smoking done your beyond the physical need of them now its just the habit part and that will fade in time!:)

I understand about quitting it can be challenging have you tried vaping some weed its very tasty maybe you could find some pleasure plus the vape is a little different high imo it might be the answer for you im sure you got the cig smoking done your beyond the physical need of them now its just the habit part and that will fade in time!:)

I love the taste of weed vapes, but I don't want to get into the medical database due to current levels of data manipulation, one can only imagine the levels of how much more extensive said data manipulation could be in the future? I need to pool my pennies and ask some card holders I know to get me a pen of some of that lemony Jack Herer juice. I loved that stuff, but that's more a long term goal. I'm between several things in my budget and I'm definitely not one to fiend for pot smoke.

Highya Sky, SO, guys,

I just started using some of the Korean natural farming methods this spring. Took all winter to study as much as was on the net. Started with the LactoBacillis Serum (LAB). Made some fermented dandilion juice. Have been applying to seedlings and seems to make a huge difference. However, I don't usually add much until they go in the ground. Still, those two products work well. I have seaweed and seawater in the works, as well as some nettles, horsetail, and lambsquarters. Making fermented juices from them all. Going overboard is my middle name. One thing I learned last year, though. Only use the recommended amounts of the fermented juices, as extra will only to undo all the goodness the right amount will make.

Highya Sky, SO, guys,

I just started using some of the Korean natural farming methods this spring. Took all winter to study as much as was on the net. Started with the LactoBacillis Serum (LAB). Made some fermented dandilion juice. Have been applying to seedlings and seems to make a huge difference. However, I don't usually add much until they go in the ground. Still, those two products work well. I have seaweed and seawater in the works, as well as some nettles, horsetail, and lambsquarters. Making fermented juices from them all. Going overboard is my middle name. One thing I learned last year, though. Only use the recommended amounts of the fermented juices, as extra will only to undo all the goodness the right amount will make.

It seems you're the organic version of me, or that I am the hydro version of you when it comes to the overdoing it dept, lol. I don't mean to offend, but your post, to me, has a Harry Potter overtone with the names of exotic things used to create your success. I get the same vibes from all other organic peeps, especially Bobrown and Conradino, lol, likely on account of how advanced those 2 are in their organic usage. For me, it's about learning what we're really after, chemically, but for me, it's just a matter of getting the salts, and adding water. The organic approach further complicates the practice by adding the names of the exotic plants that have the raw elements in them. Like all of the bone meals, blood meals, various meals and this and that, all sounds like a Wicca spell or potion, lol.

I dread the study of microbe colonies as well, but for me, that's like a necessary evil that I cannot shortcut. I'm in the middle of my reply to Emilya's thread that StoneOtter linked me to to get an opinion about supplemental calcium.

For the record, I'm taking it on faith that when you guys call this the Korean method, you mean South Korean, right? NoKo is well known to have extremely questionable farming practices which makes their population very unhealthy.

Korean Farming was developed in South Korea. I lived in Korea at the grassroots level. Not as bad as everyone thinks. Everywhere has questionable practices, but can be healthful if they wish. Disease doesn't seem to have as much importance over there, but things are improving all the time. Incidently, putting rice starts in a paddy covered with water seems like disease written all over it. Not the case, though.
My study is born out of necessity (the mother of invention). And I'm pleased with the direction and quality of this pursuit. Cheers

SoKo is very modern and IMO, about on par with the states. From the outside, I'd bet they have more freedom than many European countries. SoKo looks like a beautiful place whereas NoKo is not desirable at all. It seems everything revolves around the supreme leader's feelings, and it seems his feelings to be as fragile as the lead character from the movie "The Dictator" where he was killing his scientists for not making missiles pointy, lol. So if KJU deems sane AG practices to be no good, then they're forbidden and your family tree goes to a camp if anybody violates. Man I hope we are able to cut a deal with NoKo because if they don't take advantage of the olive branch, Trump WILL bring the pain to NoKo and I doubt they'd endure a wave of bombing runs, let alone 2 or 54. Most of his south aiming artillery can be taken out with one surprise bombing run.

I made a new simple design on the printer, "Cup Caps". I can't count how many months of algae growth on my cubes I tolerated before pushing myself to make this stupidly simple design that I thought up well over a year ago. I do like to design, but I do hate getting lost in the math. If anyone has a printer and wants this, LMK and I'll upload the STLs to Thingiverse quick, otherwise I'm planning on procrastinating with that too, lol.

I just started flushing this PC yesterday and some leaves have faded. It also looks like I'm still carrying a P deficiency. The Pdef leaves are from the tall skinny plant in C, but these buds here all have leaves with purple petioles, so I need to investigate the matter further. I'm not looking to up my EC anymore, but I wonder if I can't shave a bit more N, or maybe even 5 from K. I'll figure something out, I'd still like to up my brix which I know is a very tall order considering my current stage. I guess having multiple goals ensures that adjustments aren't extreme. It's like in code how multipliers serve as ballasts or counterbalances to a force.

Cal fade.jpg
cup caps.jpg
long and leaning.jpg
P def.jpg
top down.jpg

Back
Top Bottom