Skybound's Journal

What kind of work did you do Sticky?
I was a meat cutter lol 45 yrs.i can have you pull a little piece of red meat out of the trim tub and I can tell you what muscle or section it came from I did enjoy most parts of my job I didn't deal well with the corporate crap but that's part of it I was union so most of those years were with a large corp.26 of it was at Safeway the rest was all over im liking retirement though I wouldn't want to go back plus it might kill my ass I can only stand a couple hrs. or so now and I need to sit down for a minute sucks getting older well that's enough babble out of me good night! :)

I was a meat cutter lol 45 yrs.i can have you pull a little piece of red meat out of the trim tub and I can tell you what muscle or section it came from I did enjoy most parts of my job I didn't deal well with the corporate crap but that's part of it I was union so most of those years were with a large corp.26 of it was at Safeway the rest was all over im liking retirement though I wouldn't want to go back plus it might kill my ass I can only stand a couple hrs. or so now and I need to sit down for a minute sucks getting older well that's enough babble out of me good night! :)

Same trade as Pennywise. I briefly worked in a slaughter house in the early 90s, but that's about the closest I got to chopping meats. Them places stunk bad and I'm glad they pushed them out of the city. I'm that guy that could never stay in one place for too long. I like to get my hands dirty in all trades and could never imagine doing the same thing for years and years. I'm just not cut like that. I am still optimistic I will be able to open a small business, but the thought of doing only CNC makes me feel caged in. Then again, CNC in this day and age is about as hands on as growing pot. Load the sheet of whatever to be cut, set up the cutter, press play, then go fuck off for a few hours or more. There will still be plenty of time for activities and such.

Same trade as Pennywise. I briefly worked in a slaughter house in the early 90s, but that's about the closest I got to chopping meats. Them places stunk bad and I'm glad they pushed them out of the city. I'm that guy that could never stay in one place for too long. I like to get my hands dirty in all trades and could never imagine doing the same thing for years and years. I'm just not cut like that. I am still optimistic I will be able to open a small business, but the thought of doing only CNC makes me feel caged in. Then again, CNC in this day and age is about as hands on as growing pot. Load the sheet of whatever to be cut, set up the cutter, press play, then go fuck off for a few hours or more. There will still be plenty of time for activities and such.
I worked with meat cutters that didn't stay in any store for more than a yr or two and there out of there things will happen for ya! :)

I worked with meat cutters that didn't stay in any store for more than a yr or two and there out of there things will happen for ya! :)

I'm not looking. Sometimes I get a little nostalgic, but there's not a more infuriating feeling than to quickly figure out how to do twice the work in half the speed, but the employer wants it done his way. I have very limited energy left and I'm done wasting it on dead end jobs. I'd rather invest in myself.

Aside from the rotten shit I had to cut off, this PC is looking amazing. One of two the branches I had to super crop stood back up after about 4 days on it's side. It looks like the split is still open, yet it stood back up anyways. This is day 28.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

The soil I made is done cooking, meanwhile I have cuttings that were put into cubes a few days ago, so as soon as they root good, I will put one or two into that soil to see if any survive. If they live, immediately I will give them only water to see what is deficient and make decisions what to do then. I ran into some complications that will keep my planned construction on the back burner so the new plan is to try to switch to soil now and load 2 into each room which would instantly double my frequency and capability. All is good moving forward. I'm eager to experience soil growing.

me too im anxious to watch you do a soil grow when I start new plants I mostly give them just water but I do give them ewc tea very diluted I dont usually see any def until I flip and they start flowering that's when I have had problems but im slowly getting a handle on it your going to do a great job I no your a scientist of sorts youll probably be growing some of the finest weed available! :)

me too im anxious to watch you do a soil grow when I start new plants I mostly give them just water but I do give them ewc tea very diluted I dont usually see any def until I flip and they start flowering that's when I have had problems but im slowly getting a handle on it your going to do a great job I no your a scientist of sorts youll probably be growing some of the finest weed available! :)

Thanks Sticky, tho I'm fairly confident that I fudged up the first mix, but we'll soon see. If it does work out ok, I'll credit that to having 30lbs of EWC mixed in with the fake pro mix and some choice salts.

Thanks Sticky, tho I'm fairly confident that I fudged up the first mix, but we'll soon see. If it does work out ok, I'll credit that to having 30lbs of EWC mixed in with the fake pro mix and some choice salts.
your talking about the peat mix you made im sure it will be fine be sure to add something to keep it balanced like gypsum maybe a little lime they put things like that in the promix im sure you already no this stuff just not to hot! :)

your talking about the peat mix you made im sure it will be fine be sure to add something to keep it balanced like gypsum maybe a little lime they put things like that in the promix im sure you already no this stuff just not to hot! :)

Because I didn't have the best materials ordered or on hand, I made several substitutions with salt which is all immediately available. I was impatient and just wanted to get something on the burner with the EWC for the month. I think it might be a little too rich in ammonium, which would be most sad as I just learned that hard lesson in hydro, lol.

In the High Brix thread I believe, I read that the garden lime has to much mag to cal in it and that is counter productive to the uptake of calcium. Doc's blend is about 10:1 Ca:Mg, but the garden lime used in the Faux Mix recipe has a ratio of 2:1. So to ensure calcium is readily available, the soil amendment should not have too much antagonism programmed into the recipe. Also in that thread was the suggestion to amend with calcium carbonate to emphasize on the calcium only while still buffering the PH, so I did that yesterday with the start of the 2nd batch of mix.

Because I didn't have the best materials ordered or on hand, I made several substitutions with salt which is all immediately available. I was impatient and just wanted to get something on the burner with the EWC for the month. I think it might be a little too rich in ammonium, which would be most sad as I just learned that hard lesson in hydro, lol.

In the High Brix thread I believe, I read that the garden lime has to much mag to cal in it and that is counter productive to the uptake of calcium. Doc's blend is about 10:1 Ca:Mg, but the garden lime used in the Faux Mix recipe has a ratio of 2:1. So to ensure calcium is readily available, the soil amendment should not have too much antagonism programmed into the recipe. Also in that thread was the suggestion to amend with calcium carbonate to emphasize on the calcium only while still buffering the PH, so I did that yesterday with the start of the 2nd batch of mix.
I use cal carb to I do use a small amount of garden lime what you could always do is mix up some more plain soil mix and dilute your hot mix a bit that's what im doing growing these sativas they don't like hot soil so I mixed in 50% more bag soil I think they'll be good with that good luck buddy!:love:

I use cal carb to I do use a small amount of garden lime what you could always do is mix up some more plain soil mix and dilute your hot mix a bit that's what im doing growing these sativas they don't like hot soil so I mixed in 50% more bag soil I think they'll be good with that good luck buddy!:love:

That's my plan B, to cut the hot shit in half and cut it down with the new bland mix. The kicker though is that I'd have to wait another month for the 2nd bag of EWC to prep the soil. I'm hoping the first mix isn't too hot, but I really think it is. Finger crossed though. You think I should flush it before using it to maybe wash out some salts?

That's my plan B, to cut the hot shit in half and cut it down with the new bland mix. The kicker though is that I'd have to wait another month for the 2nd bag of EWC to prep the soil. I'm hoping the first mix isn't too hot, but I really think it is. Finger crossed though. You think I should flush it before using it to maybe wash out some salts?
personally speaking from what small amount of experience I have I think it would be better to dilute that soil and use it not fully cooked rather than deal with soil that's to hot they start out with brown tips leaves hanging and the plants don't grow as well or as fast either just my 2 cents!

And so it begins. I took a PC out of that empty solo cup and put it into the (hot?) dirt and sent a half gallon of water through, just enough to get some drips out the bottom. I sprinkled a little kelp meal and Azomite into the hole, then dropped in the rock wool mass and buried it over. Let's see if she lives.

1st in soil.jpg

And so it begins. I took a PC out of that empty solo cup and put it into the (hot?) dirt and sent a half gallon of water through, just enough to get some drips out the bottom. I sprinkled a little kelp meal and Azomite into the hole, then dropped in the rock wool mass and buried it over. Let's see if she lives.

1st in soil.jpg
they look good youll no in a week if its to hot good luck bud!

I haven’t worked a ‘real’ job since I was too young to know better. Now I feel like I’m running a few hundred professions in one just to survive, self employed doing ‘whatever’.
It takes a whole lot of mental energy to get motivated to keep all these juggling balls in the air every day. Sometimes I wish I could just drive to work in the morning and be done with it in the evening like the 9-5 crowd- but usually that thought doesn’t last very long. I’m happy with the life I have as a bottom feeder :laughtwo:

Good luck with the soil grow I’ll definitely be watching this one. :thumb:

Did you get a new camera? Your pics seem better. I’ve always wondered how your PC pheno compares to the three phenos I have - but pics have been sort of sketchy- so it’s hard to tell.

I haven’t worked a ‘real’ job since I was too young to know better. Now I feel like I’m running a few hundred professions in one just to survive, self employed doing ‘whatever’.
It takes a whole lot of mental energy to get motivated to keep all these juggling balls in the air every day. Sometimes I wish I could just drive to work in the morning and be done with it in the evening like the 9-5 crowd- but usually that thought doesn’t last very long. I’m happy with the life I have as a bottom feeder :laughtwo:

Good luck with the soil grow I’ll definitely be watching this one. :thumb:

Did you get a new camera? Your pics seem better. I’ve always wondered how your PC pheno compares to the three phenos I have - but pics have been sort of sketchy- so it’s hard to tell.

Yeah, I got a new phone for the new camera. I think the colors come across way off, but it does good for clarity and minuscule details. This PC is easily 6 generations from the original so the traits are shifting some, but I also need to account for using 5PPM of triacontanol about every 10 days, that greatly increases side branching. This is helpful for putting smaller plants into bloom, but then also works against me after the stretch is done and I need to remove all the larf branches. The PC I have in bloom, the one I removed the rot from is easily the biggest PC I ever grew thus far. She has MANY bud sites and they are filling up quick and from the looks, developing very nice trics. I hope this is finally the PC I've always been hoping for but never got. All of your PCs all have fat ass donkey dicks which is why I started in with this strain. Mine yields ok, and the peeps like the smoke of it, but I wish the nugs stacked better.

Last job I quit was when you quit the wannabe mafioso that was giving you grief. Trying to maintain my grow while holding down a shit paying job for an ingrate was just too much for me to hold.

As for my soil, I only need to fill out one more order as I believe I tracked down the correct materials needed to make the blend correctly. The shit I'm now testing is mostly salts to create most of the amendment, plus also I way over did it with the amount of garden lime I used to make the Faux mix. Still, I've learned these plants can thrive in a very wide variety of elements, so who knows, maybe the 30lbs of EWC will make everything alright in there? Like Sticky said, I'll know in about a week what's what with it. If it's a dud, I'll cut it with the 2nd batch of correctly blended mix and cook it all for another 30 days and try again. As soon as I can keep plants alive in soil I'm ditching the hydro and will load 2 soil plants per room so I can chop one every other week till I get the new room built.

Back
Top Bottom