Skybound's Journal

just cruising by hows :) it going!

So far so good. I think the roots are still feeling out the new environment, but thus far, no visible signs that she doesn't like the dirt.

So far so good. I think the roots are still feeling out the new environment, but thus far, no visible signs that she doesn't like the dirt.
that's a good sign they will usually tell you in a few days whether there happy or not if no obvious signs showing its probably going to be good yesterday I was at a fellow growers place hes got quite the crop going on about a dozen 5-7 footers one of them is as wide as it is tall there growing theres in the soil in the yard with rabbit poop and a few other amendments and they are looking very happy and healthy I was surprised when they told me about the soil because the soil around hear has a lot of granite in it its hard pan but I see the proof! :)

that's a good sign they will usually tell you in a few days whether there happy or not if no obvious signs showing its probably going to be good yesterday I was at a fellow growers place hes got quite the crop going on about a dozen 5-7 footers one of them is as wide as it is tall there growing theres in the soil in the yard with rabbit poop and a few other amendments and they are looking very happy and healthy I was surprised when they told me about the soil because the soil around hear has a lot of granite in it its hard pan but I see the proof! :)

Is your friend in rabbit poop on 420? I'm sure Weaselcracker would like to pick his brain.

I think it was a mui thai super auto woody grew and it got over 10 ft.i have a pak of those I bought when I saw his but never grew one you want em lol!
I would if he doesn't I would try one at my buddies over the winter then I would try them in the spring with my Greenhouse it would be cool to see how they do indoors and in a greenhouse

I have some others you could try to :)
If sky doesn't want them I would love to try them I only grew one auto and it was really small I think it was because I left it in a 2 gal. fabric pot I would love to try another strain.

If sky doesn't want them I would love to try them I only grew one auto and it was really small I think it was because I left it in a 2 gal. fabric pot I would love to try another strain.
Sorry bro I ended up giving them to a neighbor who is planning on running them in his greenhouse. Hopefully he does well with them cause I'll get samples ;)

Sorry bro I ended up giving them to a neighbor who is planning on running them in his greenhouse. Hopefully he does well with them cause I'll get samples ;)
Thanks anyway I may pick up a few auto seeds to try. This one we got is really small but like I said I think that is my fault not knowing how fabric pot can be planted right in the final pot. Leaving it in a 2 gal. pot didn't help it any Lol

I have no interest in growing autos, but when I eventually start my new room, I will be seeking seed donations to get some new strains in my rotation. I only ever ordered from Herbies and the strains I get seem to be really basic in what they grow. Some chunky and sweet, but none were good and frosty.

The soil is still holding up well, in fact let me snap a pic. It's been 3 days and the top still does not look dry.

1.jpg
2.jpg

The first date is when she rooted and 9/8 is when I put her into the dirt. She still looks good, but like I said, it's only been a few days. Maybe tomorrow I'll hit them all with a nice fishy foliar spray, they love that, plus it's got a lot of P. Whatever though. I'm in a rush to be done with hydro. I need to flower more than 3 at a time so I can chop more frequently than once every 3 weeks. That's not a bad frequency when I'm harvesting pounds per, but the small harvests are really hard on me and my needs.

This weekend I'll order the rest of what I need to make the kit to the best of my ability. I expect that it won't be identical to Doc's recipe, but I feel if I can get close enough I'll be in good shape as I have the materials to make minute adjustments and most of the knowledge needed to make those decisions. I try to stay optimistic, it make failing more palatable.

Thanks anyway I may pick up a few auto seeds to try. This one we got is really small but like I said I think that is my fault not knowing how fabric pot can be planted right in the final pot. Leaving it in a 2 gal. pot didn't help it any Lol
I'll probably make people mad by saying this but IMO don't waste your time and space with auto's. Some people have good luck with them, but not me. I'm completely done with them. Aside yeild suffering, you can't pheno hunt for a keeper. No clones sucks

I have no interest in growing autos, but when I eventually start my new room, I will be seeking seed donations to get some new strains in my rotation. I only ever ordered from Herbies and the strains I get seem to be really basic in what they grow. Some chunky and sweet, but none were good and frosty.

The soil is still holding up well, in fact let me snap a pic. It's been 3 days and the top still does not look dry.

1.jpg
2.jpg

The first date is when she rooted and 9/8 is when I put her into the dirt. She still looks good, but like I said, it's only been a few days. Maybe tomorrow I'll hit them all with a nice fishy foliar spray, they love that, plus it's got a lot of P. Whatever though. I'm in a rush to be done with hydro. I need to flower more than 3 at a time so I can chop more frequently than once every 3 weeks. That's not a bad frequency when I'm harvesting pounds per, but the small harvests are really hard on me and my needs.

This weekend I'll order the rest of what I need to make the kit to the best of my ability. I expect that it won't be identical to Doc's recipe, but I feel if I can get close enough I'll be in good shape as I have the materials to make minute adjustments and most of the knowledge needed to make those decisions. I try to stay optimistic, it make failing more palatable.
They look great! Hurry up and get the knowledge so you can share it with me :laugh: I'm sure you will have success with soil

Both the Cheese strains and PC should be right up there in the strong/frosty category. The critical cheese I grew, I guess it wasn’t extremely frosty but definitely strong and dank. Pineapple Chunk has been usually frosty as hell for me. Maybe something with your lighting?

One strain worth a look is Chocolate Mint OG. I’ve had a few good ones of that strain. I’ll see if I can rustle up a few seeds of those but - you know how worried your government is- deadly little things may not make it past the inspectors.

They look great! Hurry up and get the knowledge so you can share it with me :laugh: I'm sure you will have success with soil

I'll never have all the knowledge, but I think I'll be able to get pretty close which is perfect for me. I'm especially attracted to the reusability of it all so my only investment will be the initial investment to get all needed materials, ironically from the same place I get my salts, but then onward it will just be water and the occasional bale of peat, a bag of perlite and EWC is a recurring expense too, I forgot about that, but as is, a bag of EWC costs about half as much as a bag of rockwool cubes.

Both the Cheese strains and PC should be right up there in the strong/frosty category. The critical cheese I grew, I guess it wasn’t extremely frosty but definitely strong and dank. Pineapple Chunk has been usually frosty as hell for me. Maybe something with your lighting?

One strain worth a look is Chocolate Mint OG. I’ve had a few good ones of that strain. I’ll see if I can rustle up a few seeds of those but - you know how worried your government is- deadly little things may not make it past the inspectors.

The PC in bloom now is easily the frostiest PC I got out thus far. It looks to also be the best yielding, so likely my fucking up has been costing me for months. Oh, I forgot to mention that my potassium sulfate for some reason in Hydro Buddy had 11% NO3 in the formulation, so that likely screwed things up the entire time. It's fixed now, but between that and my experience screwing around with NH4 kept my yields to around 6 ounces which is 10 less than my minimum acceptable standard, lol. No rush on some beans, but when the time is right for me, I definitely want some from wherever. Herbies is across the pond so customs is involved regardless. Who knows though, maybe all of my suffering is at an end and I can order some beans locally of some of these Elev8 and Gage Green strains? I'm dying to grow Mac1, but the breeder will only sell seeds to licensed Oregon growers. It looks like a nice strain though. Tell ya what, when I can get this care package up to you, maybe you send some beans to the return address?

The original PC strain, which I still have alive but seems to always have issues after being cloned and cloned and re-clone for five years, remains the stickiest plant I’ve ever grown. Nothing else in my grow has ever come close to that epoxy glue-like texture -where you touch the thing and it’s just revoltingly sticky - like you want nothing to do with touching it :(/:)

Your pheno is a great one. I always thought it looks like GT's Gorilla Glue, super duper looper frosty. Your bud shots always depicted your fingers completely immersed with clingon trichomes. My pheno is starting to do that, but on a way lesser scale.

They never make it much more than halfway through flowering anymore without completely going for shit. I’m blaming the age from lack of any other convenient excuse.

I’m spraying one of those PCs in veg with colloidal silver now. I don’t know how it works - whether the genetics in the resulting (if any) seeds will be strong again, or degraded somehow from being kept alive so long.

They never make it much more than halfway through flowering anymore without completely going for shit. I’m blaming the age from lack of any other convenient excuse.

I’m spraying one of those PCs in veg with colloidal silver now. I don’t know how it works - whether the genetics in the resulting (if any) seeds will be strong again, or degraded somehow from being kept alive so long.

I also read somewhere that if you keep on blooming long after harvest she'll herm and make you some fem pollen.

Back
Top Bottom