Skybound's Journal

I was painting the exterior on this house. The ladder slid down that slick masonite siding of a two-story, knocked me off the ladder and the ladder went threw the picture window on the second story..

And good thing it was an OLD ass farmhouse massive, with pennies in the fuse boxes,,, or it could've been 440. This guy I knew back in Chitown slipped and fell into the power lines on an overhead crane that carried huge stacks of brick to and from stacking in the kilns and convey bricks around at a brickyard. Blew him to pieces. I have no idea of what they powered them monsters with back around 70.

I'd be lost with anything modern. Hell, I can't even hook up wifi. I never have,,,,,, Really...

I was painting the exterior on this house. The ladder slid down that slick masonite siding of a two-story, knocked me off the ladder and the ladder went threw the picture window on the second story..

And good thing it was an OLD ass farmhouse massive, with pennies in the fuse boxes,,, or it could've been 440. This guy I knew back in Chitown slipped and fell into the power lines on an overhead crane that carried huge stacks of brick to and from stacking in the kilns and convey bricks around at a brickyard. Blew him to pieces. I have no idea of what they powered them monsters with back around 70.

I'd be lost with anything modern. Hell, I can't even hook up wifi. I never have,,,,,, Really...

So you paint houses? (Joke about The Irishman) (I live in Bufalino's area)

When I was in the can, there was a dude also from my area that looked like Henry Winkler. Anyways, dude was a tree trimmer on the cherry picker trucks when he dropped some branches that put him in contact with the 220 lines between the home and the pole and that blew off both his pointer fingers. Dude was so resilient that he was able to re-learn how to play his guitar with just a middle, ring and pinky from each hand. He could only play rhythm guitar as lead needed a good dominant finger, but still, to pull off a 6 string barre cord with only 3 fingers was amazing I thought.

As I understand it, the highest lines on the pole carry high voltage (I assume 480 - 3 phase) and that is stepped down to 220 at the capacitors before being sent to each building. I do my level best to avoid those live lines. I think back in the 70s, 3 phase was more common than it is now, so you likely got to play with the real shit, lol.

The struggle is real!!! This is I believe a Triple Cheese from last year some time. The whole tote is filled right up and I think there was roughly 20 zips from that plant. The empty tote weighs 511 grams.

Big Chop.jpg

Here is the Em Dog I just just de-stemmed and bagged. When I added it to one of the 3 rooms I had prior, I remember thinking this one would do well b/c of her wide frame and height, but man she didn't grow any during bloom. She was one of the last of my hydro plants, but only yielded 101 grams. Thankfully I have a huge PC, plus a medium/small PC in dirt both coming down in 10~ days, but damn it's so depressing to chop 20 zips on the regular to 3-6 zips on the regular. For the life of me, I can't wrap my mind around it. Whatever though, I only have 2 more hydro plants and both are doing fantastic right now, and I think the remaining hydro Em Dog will do better than the PC.

Small Chop.jpg

Here's the base of that Em Dog to give an idea what the top looks like.

Cleaned Em Dog.jpg

About a year ago, 16-20 zips per plant was common. Now 3-6 zips per plant is common. 2019 sucked!
that was growing hydro now your in soil those kind of yields probably aren't going to happen very often if ever I saw your em d harvest that's about what I get off a plant 1-2 zips indoor outdoor is a different story I think I got 11 zips from the pc the gold leaf was about 8 zips good luck skyman!

Be proud you did it once! I'm not sure I've harvested that much last run with 6 plants :rofl: most I've ever had from one plant is 8 zips :) Most of the time I don't even weigh it. I'm toking some 24k then off to nitey nite time

It seems the better they are for potency, the worse they are for yielders. And maybe once you get so many generations from seed through cloning, they may lose their yield there too. It seems all of my PCs now like to keep 4-6 inches between bud sites and each site is only a little golf ball. I hope the AP and GSC changes things up a bit. When money is more plentiful, I'd like to spend about 500 on some current and heavy hitting strains. I want that KA5, something from Thug Pug, something from Elev8, something from Gage Green and that might be as far as I looked.

that was growing hydro now your in soil those kind of yields probably aren't going to happen very often if ever I saw your em d harvest that's about what I get off a plant 1-2 zips indoor outdoor is a different story I think I got 11 zips from the pc the gold leaf was about 8 zips good luck skyman!

Thanks Sticky. Sadly though, this 3.5 ounce plant was from hydro with emulated Megacrop. I'm attributing the loss to me not letting the roots dry enough to grow them out which generally translates to a stall. Whatever though, only 2 more then I will be in 100% Faux Brix Mix soil and as far as I'm concerned, that is still like hydro as I still feed the plant and the soil, I just use a lot less water now.

I plan to cheat if possible to bump up the yields, but I'll have a weekly harvest frequency as a nice cushion for when I fail at that. I think 6-8 zips a week will put me in a decent position, but if I get stuck in a funk of 2-4 ounces a week, I can still wiggle around financially speaking. I still want to build a CNC business, but I now also want to build a pole barn for it. Hopefully 2020 is a good year.

I think my avg for veg is about 2 months. It'll be what it's gonna be though. Hopefully triacontanol will help some and as the time passes I will be getting more PGRs to use.

The struggle is real!!! This is I believe a Triple Cheese from last year some time. The whole tote is filled right up and I think there was roughly 20 zips from that plant. The empty tote weighs 511 grams.

Big Chop.jpg

Here is the Em Dog I just just de-stemmed and bagged. When I added it to one of the 3 rooms I had prior, I remember thinking this one would do well b/c of her wide frame and height, but man she didn't grow any during bloom. She was one of the last of my hydro plants, but only yielded 101 grams. Thankfully I have a huge PC, plus a medium/small PC in dirt both coming down in 10~ days, but damn it's so depressing to chop 20 zips on the regular to 3-6 zips on the regular. For the life of me, I can't wrap my mind around it. Whatever though, I only have 2 more hydro plants and both are doing fantastic right now, and I think the remaining hydro Em Dog will do better than the PC.

Small Chop.jpg

Here's the base of that Em Dog to give an idea what the top looks like.

Cleaned Em Dog.jpg

My Triple Cheese was only 6oz. It was a runtish girl. The buds weren't of great size either. However, I need some more of it in my life. For all the strains I've grown in the last 4 years, it's been the biggest hit with the household (title previously held by Blue Dream'matic).

My Triple Cheese was only 6oz. It was a runtish girl. The buds weren't of great size either. However, I need some more of it in my life. For all the strains I've grown in the last 4 years, it's been the biggest hit with the household (title previously held by Blue Dream'matic).

I think I will be resurecting that TC as I got 1 bean left. I can't believe yours yields so poorly, and mine yielded so well and she was such a vigorous grower. But then again, my Pineapple Chunk is poor yielder while mostly everyone else's stacks plump buds, mine I just get a lot of golf balls. I'm curious to see how that last TC does in the Faux Brix Mix though.

I think I will be resurecting that TC as I got 1 bean left. I can't believe yours yields so poorly, and mine yielded so well and she was such a vigorous grower. But then again, my Pineapple Chunk is poor yielder while mostly everyone else's stacks plump buds, mine I just get a lot of golf balls. I'm curious to see how that last TC does in the Faux Brix Mix though.

Was it you that said it was 60% head and 40% body? Mine definitely leans more body.

Was it you that said it was 60% head and 40% body? Mine definitely leans more body.

I think so, but am not sure, lol. It had to of been me though b/c the topic was TC.

Drive-by

yield is mainly strain dependant. And even vary between phenotypes. That's why you should always take a cut..

20 zips is a monster. You should do another if the herb was good. I can't recall many plants that yielded that or close for me inside. But then plants are what we make them. An extra couple-three weeks in veg can be the difference between 7-8 oz's and 15-16 ozs.

That was the method, top feed in rockwool, veg for 10+ weeks and if the strain is a decent yielder, it'll yield very well, like usually north of a pound. I've had several strains where I was pulling no less than 15.5 zips round after round. All I do is clone too. So I'd start with one or two seeds, then clone it out many many times to keep myself in stock of plants to veg. Maybe I just kept switching things up too much and lost my way, lol? It's a moot point now though as I'll be in soil for a long long time. I might revisit hydro down the road, but for now, I need to stay with soil to shave all that extra water weight and bloom 9 plants instead of just 3. My yields will suffer more per plant, but tripling the number of plants will give me 1 plant every week more or less.

Have you considered 2 separate grows. One soil and one hydro side by side. Would be a lot of work but I'd like to see the comparison. Might be able to pull the big #'s while dialing in soil

Well in the transition, it's taking me about 2 months to do that and the result is a side by side. I still have 2 hydro plants left, both are doing fantastic. The next one I'll drop (a PC) I expect maybe 10-12 zips, though if the genese were stronger would easily do 16-20 on acct of the stalk being a good incha and a half in diameter at the base. The other is an Em Dog in bloom since 11/4 and this is her base. I expect when I take her, she'll do a full 16, but we'll see. But b/c I'm on a second floor of a hundred+ year old home, I really need to shed weight when possible and running 3 10 gal reserviors plus a 15 gal RO tank was really pushing the envelop. Now that I'll be doing 9 plants, it would be very counter productive to have all the extra weight. Plus, making my own reusable soil greatly cuts my costs and weight per plant. The loss of yield per plant will be compensated with tripling the number of plants. Seriously, if I only take 3 zips per plant every week, I'll still stay afloat and can make small gains in life that will add up over time so long as my door never gets kicked, lol. If I can ever find myself on a cement slab, I always wanted to try RDWC, but right now, that's just a pipe dream.

Cleaned Em Dog.jpg

Back
Top Bottom