Skybound's Journal

hey sky I hate waiting for lights on ffs.!

more than that, I hate that soil growing involves so much of me not messin with nothing. In veg they dry out in about 3 days, but them big ass 10 gal pots in bloom take better than a week to dry out enough to add more. If not for the 3 (now 2) hydro plants, I could skip days on end w/o needing to visit and inspect. When them hydro plants are done and I only have pots of soil, I'll really be need of another hobby.

more than that, I hate that soil growing involves so much of me not messin with nothing. In veg they dry out in about 3 days, but them big ass 10 gal pots in bloom take better than a week to dry out enough to add more. If not for the 3 (now 2) hydro plants, I could skip days on end w/o needing to visit and inspect. When them hydro plants are done and I only have pots of soil, I'll really be need of another hobby.
I think you'll be busier than you think Sky. When you build their incredible roots in veg it won't be long before you're watering every other day.

I think you'll be busier than you think Sky. When you build their incredible roots in veg it won't be long before you're watering every other day.

So far, that's only applying to veg in the 1 and 3 gal pots, obviously the 1's more frequent than the 3's, but the 10's? Fugget-about-it! I have noticed though that roots do grow fast in this dirt and my next up pot sesh I'll be able to verify, but so far, after they out grow the 1's, I up to the 3's and leave them there till a week before bloom when I put them in the 10's. But I suspect that they can fill out a 3 in a week, and if that's the case, I would be greatly impressed with that.

My first batch of soil is about to harvest in about 10 days or less. That's the one that I put 2 PC's into bloom together, one in hydro and the other in the first batch of dirt. The hydro stalk is about 1.25"-1.5" in diameter whereas the soil plant is only about a half inch more or less. So the hydro PC will yield very well which I need like you don't know, but the soil PC, even though will yield not good, I hope will smoke great and taste good. First batch soil was not good, but I re-amended it to make it into the 2nd batch. The 3rd batch I am very confident in, but won't be harvesting that for another month and a halfish.

Fingers crossed though for improved growth as my crop advances through my stages of personal growth and soil comps I have made.

So far, that's only applying to veg in the 1 and 3 gal pots, obviously the 1's more frequent than the 3's, but the 10's? Fugget-about-it! I have noticed though that roots do grow fast in this dirt and my next up pot sesh I'll be able to verify, but so far, after they out grow the 1's, I up to the 3's and leave them there till a week before bloom when I put them in the 10's. But I suspect that they can fill out a 3 in a week, and if that's the case, I would be greatly impressed with that.

My first batch of soil is about to harvest in about 10 days or less. That's the one that I put 2 PC's into bloom together, one in hydro and the other in the first batch of dirt. The hydro stalk is about 1.25"-1.5" in diameter whereas the soil plant is only about a half inch more or less. So the hydro PC will yield very well which I need like you don't know, but the soil PC, even though will yield not good, I hope will smoke great and taste good. First batch soil was not good, but I re-amended it to make it into the 2nd batch. The 3rd batch I am very confident in, but won't be harvesting that for another month and a halfish.

Fingers crossed though for improved growth as my crop advances through my stages of personal growth and soil comps I have made.
Lots to figure in. Hope it's the best ever for you! 3rd x's a charm they say.

Drive-By

I LOVE lazy growing... But even I can fuck that up sometimes..

What's happening in Skybound's laboratory :headbanger: You building any crazy stuff today :)
Sky is our Mad Scientist he's always coming up with great Shizit

What's happening in Skybound's laboratory :headbanger: You building any crazy stuff today :)

Transitioning from my 3 small rooms to one big room, I am between spaces such that I have no funds to make any developments. In a few days, the Em Dog I dropped on Sunday will be ready to go out, then I can get the wire and hardware I need to hang the other 11 COBs, plus hopefully I will have enough to get another fan/filter combo. I need to replace both, but I can only afford 1 set at a time. Also I need to mix up another batch of Faux Brix soil which will account for about $50 off the budget. Once all of these things are addressed I can get back to buying stupid things that may or may not be useful in the grow, lol.

About your Bud Wash question on Sticky's thread, I wanted to clarify PC's comment about using the H2O2. Traditionally, that is an optional first stage alone and should only be used if you suspect mold in the buds. Otherwise, just do the 3 stages, the first is the wash stage and the other 2 are rinse. I started in buckets, but later switched to using totes as they are way more accessible. I also use a submersible pump with a PVC spray bar to keep the contents in constant motion. I like to use a half cup of baking soda to 1 cup of lemon juice to about 5 gallons of RO. I now use RO for all 3 stages, though I used to use tap water in all 3 stages.

Right now I'm just laying low to fight through my low yields and harvest frequency. I just got past the hardest part, but there are still a few more chops with weeks between till I get to harvesting every week. Once there I can address concerns a lot quicker and I think that will be a good time to dial in the Faux Brix Mix. So far though my plants are LOVING the mix and drenches. I also want to begin collecting bug sprays so when my time comes, I am ready to fight the borg or whatever else might git my girls.

Thanks Sky for the washing advice :) It's much appreciated! You'll get to where you want to be with your grow in no time. I'm always impressed with your way of thinking about processes. If you ever ran into cash I think you could really do some crazy shit tinkering with stuff. Lol. I've got a idea ( probably already out there ) invent a timer for bloom that runs down little bit each day on its own like sticky's slow down schedule

I've got a idea ( probably already out there ) invent a timer for bloom that runs down little bit each day on its own like sticky's slow down schedule

That can be done easily with an Arduino that controls a relay module. FYI, an "Arduino" is an Italian based micro controller that generates logic signals and reads sensors. Prior to becoming a nutrient nut, I was a self taught geek and I developed almost a full Grow Bot. I wrote like a 500 line program that did a lot of grow related tasks such as trigger certain relays for 12/12, other's for feed times, the RO supply for pumping in increments of gallons (and fractions thereof), plus also run 8 dosing pumps. Code can definitely be written to increment or decrement segments of time over a specified period to essentially walk the 18/6 down to 11/13 or whatever the case may be.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you guys are competent enough to make good electrical connections for your AC mains voltage, you can 100% assemble the Arduino circuits needed to control relays and each one of them little blue cubes is rated to 10 amps, so each can handle an HID, or just divide your lights across several to lighten the load on each. The electronics would only cost about $50 or less, but you'd also need the AC related stuff like outlets and wiring, terminals etc. The new outlets though are very easy to work with and have push holes on the back for you to push in the conductor wire, so you don't have to curl the wire and tighten a screw on it. Then just interrupt the hot wire with the relay and it will serve as an electrical switch. The Arduino can either count milliseconds for about a month or use a battery backed up clock that it can reference for the time. My larger project was also connected to the internet which gave me the luxury of also coding for overrides on my feed pumps which allowed me to run the res pump(s) outside of the programmed feed times. I used that function for pumping out spent nutes at the end of the week.

The Arduino programming language is about the most basic entry level language there is which from the perspective of one that doesn't know how to code, it was the easiest entry point. I still only have the most basic of skills that I haven't touched in 2 years easy, so I am very rusty, but my project is still saved and the code can be hacked to shrink it down to only the desired functions (time and relays).

I sub out my electric,,, done been hit by 220 in the past, aluminum ladder meets power main...
Besides, I don't have the patience myself to learn new shit that needs anymore.. Sure ain't saying anything neg about anything.. Just me in my state of mind...

Hell dude,, I ain't even picked up a fishing pole in, well... Let's say got to be a 1/4 of smoke and dust on my rod and reels.. And back afew,,, I lost acouple really good women,, overfishing.. Well, throw in alittle partying. Between that and gold mining. Well, there went every free minute in my life...

But I do enjoy seeing people that do have the gumpish? gumpshin? that.. to tackle things.. Been more than once you'd have been the best neighbor jk not... But now this old dog,,, well........

So I just look at pics.... and I'm behind so... and babbling

If you guys are competent enough to make good electrical connections for your AC mains voltage, you can 100% assemble the
thanks sky but im with woody im not an electrician I got knocked down once from 220 not messing around with that stuff lol if I cant buy it for 39.99 and plug it into the wall im done!

I sub out my electric,,, done been hit by 220 in the past, aluminum ladder meets power main...
Besides, I don't have the patience myself to learn new shit that needs anymore.. Sure ain't saying anything neg about anything.. Just me in my state of mind...

Hell dude,, I ain't even picked up a fishing pole in, well... Let's say got to be a 1/4 of smoke and dust on my rod and reels.. And back afew,,, I lost acouple really good women,, overfishing.. Well, throw in alittle partying. Between that and gold mining. Well, there went every free minute in my life...

But I do enjoy seeing people that do have the gumpish? gumpshin? that.. to tackle things.. Been more than once you'd have been the best neighbor jk not... But now this old dog,,, well........

So I just look at pics.... and I'm behind so... and babbling

thanks sky but im with woody im not an electrician I got knocked down once from 220 not messing around with that stuff lol if I cant buy it for 39.99 and plug it into the wall im done!

I hear yas. My misfortunes in life left me to either learn these skills myself or do without. FWIW, I no longer use that technology in my own grow. Prior to screwing with the 220, you guys should have tripped the breakers or removed the fuses first. NEVER build a circuit on live lines. But that's neither here nor there. I was just trying to adequately answer Dank's question. I doubt there would be any ready made product on the market that would be able to accomplish the diminishing daylight relay triggering, but who knows.

I hear yas. My misfortunes in life left me to either learn these skills myself or do without. FWIW, I no longer use that technology in my own grow. Prior to screwing with the 220, you guys should have tripped the breakers or removed the fuses first. NEVER build a circuit on live lines. But that's neither here nor there. I was just trying to adequately answer Dank's question. I doubt there would be any ready made product on the market that would be able to accomplish the diminishing daylight relay triggering, but who knows.
hey sky I think its very cool that you build your own stuff your a very handy guy that saves you money somebody will come out with a timer that will do that if enough growers want it!

Back
Top Bottom