Skybound's Journal

Drive-by. That's a full cabinet for sure.............

Interesting being 'able' to grow up into your lights. Whatever buddage you go closest to the lamp must be getting some extreme ass lum's or whatever unit of measurement one uses........ Reminds me of before modern access to the market and all the advancements,, all you had was home hobbled hid units,,, hoods and all. But there always was fluorescent..... T-12's or whatever them big ones were.. You know to this day,,, if someone wants nice tight short and bushy ass starts,, Try using fluorescent lamps. Like >2 inches and after started,, let them climb right into the bulbs.... @Cronichemphog Use to do that alot with his starts. Well I use to,, and should again,, be ALOT better than my sprouts competing for light with the rest of the veg tent..

I used like 4 4' bulb fixtures. I even made a plywood box once that had 12, 4' lamps in a semicircle top to the box. I use to veg in one like that in the late '70s. Hell even flowered under them.. Not that the weed was greeeeeat.

Seeing bags of toppend lumbo were around for 25-30 bucks.... Or good Thai Stick for 15$. Mex was 10$ a 'lid'.

Sorry, I came over and babbled awhile... Seen ya are searching for a fertilizer line. Or just refining. That's to me is a hard one.... I tend to work with both organics and salts. I know,,, don't make sense. But I only juice''' fertilizer, 3 maybe 4 times a crop. Now I've run the gambit and came back to GH regiment.

But being used to growing outdoors,,,, I supplement my soil so that in reality,, she has enough food to grow and complete crop without any help...

I just feel the need for extra flower ferts which are EXTREMELY helpful is producing fat flowers and enriched trichome development. But I do know I could also just brew alittle bat shit up.....

Well, I'm going to shut this hole,,, before I wander off again...
Looks pretty and green in there,,,, Keepem Green

You don't ever have to worry about jacking my thread that I rarely use myself to shoot whatever shit you want, literally, any and every topic is welcomed here. If the mods won't pull it down, I won't take offense.

I grow 100% hydro, so all they get is what I give, and I've been doing a LOT of reading about that for about the last few months and I've also learned a fuck ton. I am completely done buying into brands of nutes and am pretty stocked up on salts to last me the rest of my life, literally.

With salts and a calculator (Hydro Buddy), I pinpoint each element in whatever PPM I choose right down to 0.05 PPM of Molybdenum, and all other trace elements. The micro ratios never change, but I do change the NPK ratios depending on stage of growth in her photoperiod. I've already found that certain strains like more P than others, more N than others and even slightly more K than others. Calcium and Magnesium seems to be fine if left alone, sulfur I always want high, silica I keep steady as well. Here's generally what my entire line looks like;

Full Grow Targets.JPG

This seems to be about as good as it gets, with each new strain only wanting a slightly different diet than this. I'm still on the fense with Pineapple Chunk because I've been changing a few different products, but tomorrow, when my chelated metals arrive, I will mix up a chelated micro mix and finally update my nute line, then shortly afterwards I will be able to rule out any micro nutrient disorders and nail down my suspicion of K deficiency that I believe I am seeing on my PCs. Right now I have 2 PCs blooming, another Triple Cheese, then it'll be 2 more PCs again. When I get to the second set of PCs, I will have my regimen perfected and will be able to identify any deficiencies or toxicities with great certainty and be able to adjust the feed accordingly as I see fit. So for instance if I want to raise K from 150ppm to say 155ppm, or 158.7 or whatever arbitrary number I desire, I can. This would be especially helpful when dealing with the common calcium defs w/o also affecting Mg in the process. The same goes for PK as it's easy to give too much P, where as K is a lot more forgiving.

If I lived on some land, I would definitely be this nuts with soil compositions, but I'm not that fortunate and live in the city, so need to keep things condensed, or small in scale within reason. It would be one thing if I were into gardening veggies, then I could maybe justify having various compost heaps, but that would not work well in my lifestyle at this time.

I used to use 4 foot 4 bulb T5 in veg, but because I only have a 2x4 closet for veg, that T5 fixture was getting way too hot with the door closed, and when plants get bigger than a foot & a half tall, they start stinking and an opened door would cancel the filtration for that room. I now use a 65 watt quantum panel, and also have 2 CFLs hanging from a V and an extension cord next to that to add in some 6500k light. I remember the rapid growth of that 6500k lighting, and never once had problems in veg under that color temp. I'm surprised that I can't find any QBs in 6500k, or I'd buy a couple. I'm not really liking this 4000k QB too much, but the internodes do tighten up when they get past mid veg and into late veg. It's just early veg, or anything less than about a foot that grows super slow.

Also in this order of the chelates, I also got a Fulvic-Humic (FH) dry mix that I will work into the the feed that will definitely stimulate growth. I alos had a FH mix that has kelp in it, but that shit stinks after a while if mixed into a concentrate which is what I do, so I stopped using it and noticed growth vigor slowed substantially. Using that mix also made PH stability an issue. I hope the FH only mix doesn't bring that instability back because right now w/o that FH mix, my PH is super stable throughout the week.

Woody, and other Organic growers, you guys should check out "Kelp4Less" based out of Utah. They have every organic additive/supplement you may ever want save for Malted Barley. They got a very wide selection of mostly organic stuff. That's where I got my FH mix.

I've bought their products more than once.. Good prices for sure........

I've bought their products more than once.. Good prices for sure........

I got Kelp and SRP from them. They carry the goodies.

SRP - soft rock phosphate I add to my compost piles outside. Turn the pile into a volcano.
and my plants into trees and my trees into tree'sers. lol yess sir. :passitleft:

congratulations looks good 18 zips ah that would be over a lb. good show!:blunt:

Anything less than 16 and my heart flutters and the eyes well up, lol.

do you toke any of this?

I used to, but ever since I quit smoking cigs, I been not really enjoying myself. I rarely have a high enough tolerance to enjoy Indica stones, but when I smoked cigs, I used to really enjoy the sweet smoke of bud. Lately, the smoke tastes like eating ash trays, lol, and I am not really feeling the body stone. I'll toke the PC just to say I smoked it, but I'll probably just quit shortly thereafter.

I used to, but ever since I quit smoking cigs, I been not really enjoying myself. I rarely have a high enough tolerance to enjoy Indica stones, but when I smoked cigs, I used to really enjoy the sweet smoke of bud. Lately, the smoke tastes like eating ash trays, lol, and I am not really feeling the body stone. I'll toke the PC just to say I smoked it, but I'll probably just quit shortly thereafter.
sounds like you could use a vape its all about the flavor with those so how long have you quit smoking cigs I quit 20yrs. ago best thing I ever did ill never quit weed its my prozak lol!

sounds like you could use a vape its all about the flavor with those so how long have you quit smoking cigs I quit 20yrs. ago best thing I ever did ill never quit weed its my prozak lol!

About 35 days ago, I'm using patches and am on stage 2 (14mg). I get fleeting cravings every couple of hours, almost like my body is imprinting the feeling of taking a drag in my mind and it's a surreal experience, but I just rub the patch and it fades.

As to smoking pot, I've always had a very low tolerance and I literally need to sit home and smoke all day every day to get my body to the place where I can semi function, but then I can't hardly leave as public functioning is greatly diminished and I won't even consider driving. I wish I wasn't so locked into 8/9 week strains b/c I'd like to grow some Sativas for personal use, but I cannot afford the extra 2-4 weeks, plus nobody really wants to shell out for day time smoke. If my state green lights, I'll put a Sativa in the yard or someone's yard, but not even considering that until/unless.

hang in there bud it gets better with time try not to put yourself in to many situations where a cigarette is so welcomed try chewing gum that keeps you busy your almost over the addiction part then its just the habit part those urges its not easy but you can do it a year from now youll be so glad btw I still crave one once in a while heres the worst set up for me im bellied up to the bar having some drinks and some guy sitting a couple people down lights up and some of the smoke wafts by me and it smells so good I want one I don't do it but the urge is still there but very faint all I can say is tough it out your not going to die and youll be much happier ok that's enough babble!:)

hang in there bud it gets better with time try not to put yourself in to many situations where a cigarette is so welcomed try chewing gum that keeps you busy your almost over the addiction part then its just the habit part those urges its not easy but you can do it a year from now youll be so glad btw I still crave one once in a while heres the worst set up for me im bellied up to the bar having some drinks and some guy sitting a couple people down lights up and some of the smoke wafts by me and it smells so good I want one I don't do it but the urge is still there but very faint all I can say is tough it out your not going to die and youll be much happier ok that's enough babble!:)

It's not the cigs that gets me down, but the strong ass THC overtaking me. I have to smoke pot frequently for it to be bearable, but I've never been able to smoke it like normal people. One hit gets me there, 2 hits and I got 911 on speed dial just in case.

It's not the cigs that gets me down, but the strong ass THC overtaking me. I have to smoke pot frequently for it to be bearable, but I've never been able to smoke it like normal people. One hit gets me there, 2 hits and I got 911 on speed dial just in case.
I don't blame you if cannibus got me like that I wouldn't be toking it either well hopefully it will be legalized in your neck of the woods then you could try one outside when that day comes it will be a wonderful thing!:)

I sure hope so because being secretive is exhausting and TBH, I've been feeling mehhhh lately as it relates to growing. If I can't eat my own fruit, then it's just about the $$$ and there's no joy in that. Whatever I do, I need to have some zeal or passion or it then gets tedious and generally unenjoyable. Really though, I want to get into organics to learn everything all over again. I like to learn things.

I sure hope so because being secretive is exhausting and TBH, I've been feeling mehhhh lately as it relates to growing. If I can't eat my own fruit, then it's just about the $$$ and there's no joy in that. Whatever I do, I need to have some zeal or passion or it then gets tedious and generally unenjoyable. Really though, I want to get into organics to learn everything all over again. I like to learn things.
im rite there with ya im just learning about organics myself I think I understand about growing and toking for me I get all excited with every new grow I cant wait to harvest and toke if I didn't have that I wouldn't even be growing anything more than a fresh [produce garden these plants keep me glued to the house every once in a while I would like to take off for a few days its hard to leave I don't have anyone to take care of my plants its just me ok im starting to ramble!:)

Thanks Dank and lucky you! It's a sad feeling to be addicted to something that don't even get you high, like WTF?

Holy McMother Fucking shitsnacks! My preliminary weigh in was 597 grams from that PC. Even if she sweats out another half ounce, this will still be my biggest yield to date. I'm ecstatic!

I think I jumped the gun on the prelim, lol. I snipped all nugs off the branches and hove them spread out in a wide flat tote with a hygrometer and so far havn't been able to keep the lid on for more than an hour before the RH climbs to over 65%. I have the lid closed now, but hopefully for longer than an hour or two. Either way, this should still be my best chop to date. FWIW, I've always done long veg ~1lb plants, but I managed to get 20 sacks out of the Triple Cheese as well as the Bubblelicious that began this grow'cation.

Back
Top Bottom